Page: ......
NOnactivist for HoPper liberation.
1,643 posts

Posted:
top o' the morning wales based poiple! this is the thread for all things wales based, although the crew is mostly based in the land of taff currently with a sizeable offshoot in the land of tawe, please talk about funky things all over cymru in this thread!!

so, for the uninitiated, here is an exciting list of regular poi activities for the wales based....

weavesmiley Cardiff/Caerdydd:

smile Thursday nights, 8-10pm, come along to Ebenezer Church (Charles Street, around the back of Burger King and Next) for nofitstate circus' community juggling club, for poi and all sorts of other exciting juggle arts. It's just £2.

smile Little Devil's Circus coming soon... contact pitman for further details or keep an eye on this thread

smile on sunny evenings/days, Roath Park (Rec. or flower garden) you may well find a NOn spinning... it might also not be a NOn, or even a HoP person at all, but if you see someone there spinning, you may as well say hello...

at other unspecified times, there may be other meets, check the most recent posts in this thread for specific details...

juggle Juggling Shops

Cardiff Games, Duke St Arcade: although not exclusively a juggling shop, they stock some poi, juggling balls and rings, plus occasional other sorts of toys... oh and the guy who owns it does poi too!

Route One Skate Shop, Morgan Arcade: Stocks variety of juggling equipment, including poi.

hug HoP people in town

NOn

Rossco Bossco

Pitman

Ryan

Unclassified Leggy Girl

weavesmiley Swansea/Abertawe and surrounding area:

smile Juggling Club, Thursdays 7-9pm In the Phoenix Centre, in the Townhill Area of Swansea. Costs £2 for the session!

smile Circus Eruption is based in Swansea and they run a juggling club for young people, also frequently advertise in the Big Issue for volunteers to help out, but i don't know anything else about location or anything for that at the moment.....

juggle Juggling Shops

Don't know of any

hug HoP people in town & surroundings

Skully

holysmoke27

weavesmiley Port Talbot:

smile Tai Poi Workshops on Aberavon beach most weekends! £2

juggle Juggling Shops

Don't know of any

hug HoP people in town

Gizmo

Kim

Gums

weavesmiley Rhondda Cynon Taf:

hug HoP people in town

NOn (Aberdare on workdays)

Stroo(poss? M.I.A...)

Juls (Pontypridd)

weavesmiley Llanelli:

hug HoP people in town

Adz

weavesmiley Caerphilly:

hug HoP people in town

Nia

weavesmiley Abergavenny/Usk/Monmouth area:

smile Monmouth, 7pm, under the Monnow bridge Every week, free, look out for the lovely poiple...

hug HoP people in town

Buggleberry Fairy

Mr Chutney

Shaping Light

weavesmiley Aberystwyth:

juggle Juggling Shops

Pixie Moon in Market Hall. Stocks juggling equipment, Poi/Flag Poi/Fire Poi, Staff and other Circus Skills.

hug HoP people in town

Imaginary Grace

weavesmiley Anglesey:

hug HoP people in town

glowingsunsets

everything else happens spontaneously in or around this thread, so please introduce yourself in this thread and come hang out with the coolest poiple in wales.....

cool

updated with brand new design attributes by mattyb

EDITED_BY: NOn (1189456023)

Aurinko freedom agreement reached 10th Sept 2006

if it makes no sense that's because it's NOn-sense.

any_suggestionsGOLD Member
enthusiast
238 posts

Posted:
fire donuts are class,were is bigbury coz i have no idea lol?was a well good day on sunday it was good to see you all again and of course meet gums n that,11th of august in aberavon?sorted ill be there,i got my juggling clubs now and i can nailed double spins and almost under the leg,plus learnt some new stuff with my poi

.nice avatar you made there sagetree haha. gizmo fancy sending me some of the stuff on public liability and performances as well i wouldnt mind a read,if it aint to much to ask lol.btw dont call me i love jade lol its adz or puss!
EDITED_BY: i_love_jade (1153300432)

to many freaks to little circuses!

pitmanSILVER Member
addict
544 posts

Posted:
PUSS????

DONT DO DRUGS THERE BAD FOR YOU.
SO GIVE THEM ALL TO ME AND I WILL GET RID OF THEM FOR YOU!

buggleberry_fairySILVER Member
172 posts

Posted:
so is it on the friday now? or is that not good for some people...i cant do sat but if we're going for the traditional sunday i can make that. also what time is it and where are we all going to meet?

"Be the change you want to see in the world"

enthusiast
238 posts

Posted:
ye puss lmao,my friend got his words crossed when he went to say [censored] head and pussy and it came out [censored] puss and because i hated the name it stuck as puss lmao.i just put a vid of me with fire on youtube but it aint to good.how are we all?

pitmanSILVER Member
addict
544 posts

Posted:
very good i hyave 1 more early morning with the kids after today then no more school for the rest of the summer. i like the kids but i cant wait to get rid of em for summer there little shits

glowingsunsetsnewbie
14 posts

Posted:
hiya im new to this, is there anyone on anglesey that spins!! im 23 went to play fest this year which was just brilliant, wikid atmosphere, im eager to meet more spinners to learn from and have a laff with

pitmanSILVER Member
addict
544 posts

Posted:
if you will to come to south/west wales then we meet quite a bit i supose we could set up a mid wales meet up at some point. what does everyone else think

enthusiast
238 posts

Posted:
im up for it as long as i have money at the time lol.how was your early morning with the kids j?im learning a new throw sort of ill have to get it nailed by the time we meet in aberavon.

gizmo2009member
146 posts

Posted:
ok guys what date is the meet down here planned for?... i`ll try and get some more to come this time smile

sagetreeGOLD Member
organic creation
246 posts

Posted:

saturday the 12th of august
workshops till 4pm (i think)
beach spinning after

work for everyone?

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
Are you actually going to be there this time or will we get there to find you have all gone home to bed again? ubblol

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

sagetreeGOLD Member
organic creation
246 posts

Posted:
okay i was really bored

Non-Https Image Link

gizmo2009member
146 posts

Posted:
lmao i like that sage :P... yeh ok,,saturday it is then,,:D ..and skull,,if you turn up on the saturday this time,,we should all be there :P lol

sagetreeGOLD Member
organic creation
246 posts

Posted:
skully - make sure you walk along the top of the wall instead of in the sand becasue you can't see the workshop from the beach

gizmo2009member
146 posts

Posted:
yeh good tip,,didnt think of that lol

pitmanSILVER Member
addict
544 posts

Posted:
skull pm with your munber and i will send u mine so if you cant see us u can ring us

oh yeah sage love the pic i think you got the true essence of gums ubblol
EDITED_BY: pitman (1153493785)

1,643 posts

Posted:
ubblol Blimey sage dude, when you get bored you get creative, i go to sleep... biggrin woo! i'm an angle! ubblol

Saturmaday 12th sounds good to me also, skully is your number changed or is it the same? I'm sure someone can come and retrieve you if necessary... are we camping?

pitmanSILVER Member
addict
544 posts

Posted:
dam right on the beach where we did last tim was a good spot plus ts not far to walk for breackfast lol

172 posts

Posted:
aaaaaaawww i can't do saturday 12th frown. this is just unfair - what happened to sunday tradition - i can do that lol

ahh well...will see u all for the wales/england border meet...

nat

Imaginary_GraceBRONZE Member
53 posts

Posted:
wavehelloJust sticking my head in.... just found this thread! I'm in Wales too! Nice to find other people nearby! I have only just started spinning, and haven't had alot of time to practice recently, but am going to be putting more time into it now that the weather is better...

The truth may be out there, but lies are inside your head....

enthusiast
238 posts

Posted:
sagetree that pic is class tickled me proper good,so the 12th in aberavon cant wait,a festival the weekend before my bitthday and the meet 2 days after my birthday how good is that?hey grace where abouts in wales are you from?btw guys where is the wales england border meet and when?

172 posts

Posted:
check out the england/wales border meet thread in events, performances and gatherings for all the info.

id put a link to it but i dont really know how!

p.s. hello imaginary grace - yes, tell us where in wales you are

1,643 posts

Posted:
[Old link] hope that answers your question adz, stick your name on the list!

imaginary grace, welcome and come to port talbot on the 12th!!

I dont know how the aberavon meet worked before but if we stay over, there will probably also be spinny action on the sunday nej? so maybe you can come sat night/sun morning nat.

Otherwise, forthcoming events in the vicinity be such things as the Big Weekend,(5th/6th Aug) the Metro Weekender (bank hol weekend), Mardi Gras (2nd Sept), there's also the SWICA carnival but i think that's this weekend. I dunno if i'm going to any of them, but they're all outdoors with spinny space, so thought i'd mention it in case anyone does want to go... all Cardiff though.

Imaginary_GraceBRONZE Member
53 posts

Posted:
Thanks for the welcome!
I'm currently living near Aberystwyth. Theres a pretty pic of the seafront in my gallery if anyone is interested. I'd love to come to Port Talbot on the 12th, but I'm heading to Northamptonshire for the English Heritage Festival of History that weekend. Vikings and Romans and Celts ooo arrr! I'll be taking my Poi, but don't know if I'll get time to spin! Looks to be a great weekend all the same. Maybe I can get to another meet with you al later on. weavesmiley

The truth may be out there, but lies are inside your head....

172 posts

Posted:
Nice picture imaginary grace. Come to the england/wales border meet!

and non, i think i'll be too shattered from workin to drive up to port talbot on the sat night (especially as i've only driven on my own once so far lol), but thanks for the invite.

Have a fun time, and shall see u at the border weekend!...unless theres a meet in september that i can actually make!

1,643 posts

Posted:
ooh... aberystwyth... HoP wales is expanding! cool.

yup grace wales/england border meet if you can make it, see the thread link above...

probably there will be another port talbot one at some point also, as gizmo has the space. Otherwise, am sure there will be more sunday meets. Should we try organise one in August as well as aberavon, or is everybody busy/on holiday? don't know where... pontcanna was cool smile

pitmanSILVER Member
addict
544 posts

Posted:
im not to sure about the 12th at the moment coz i tyhink ryans b-day is that day i might go up i might not it all depends if we go out for his b-day on the fri/sat keep you guys posted.

hello imaginary grace, nice to meet u.

england wales is gunna be sweet.

enthusiast
238 posts

Posted:
what better way for ryan to celebrate his birthday than being on a beach with us misfists spinning fire till all hours of the morning?

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
Ok I've only half been paying attention here so let me recap whats going on.

12th August Meet in Aberavon, Port Talbot. Starting 2pm-ish with all night spinning.

29th Sept- 1st Oct camping trip to Llanthony, Nr Abergavenny.

I hope I've got that right.... Any others I missed?

Oh... any of you up for getting all dressed up and going in the Swansea Mas Carnival?

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

pitmanSILVER Member
addict
544 posts

Posted:
skully are you going? does everyone just march around or do you have to be part of something to join in? mabey we could have a hop section

Page: ......