MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Well? There has to be some LA folks here, right?

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

LeliannanSILVER Member
5 posts

Posted:
Me! Me! Me! I'm folks, and I'm in LA! I count, right? I'm an intermediate, self-taught beginner. LA seems to be a desert for lessons.

STOP PLATE TECTONICS!

munkypunksGOLD Member
enthusiast, but not enthusiastic
367 posts

Posted:
I'm in LA as well. A rank beginner, just started lessons with indrayoga studio. They teach beginning and intermediate poi, and they seem to have decent connections with the fire community, always giving us heads-ups about shows, parties, etc. wavehello

You can't fall off the floor, but sometimes you need a chair to reach the cookie jar.

ZerroSILVER Member
10 posts

Posted:
Wow, there's actually other people in LA that do poi? I'm in the area as well. Lelianna pretty much summed up where I'm at too as far as skill level goes.

Gone Crazy, Back Soon.

ZerroSILVER Member
10 posts

Posted:
Oh by the way, if any one near canoga park (near LA) or the surounding areas want to meet up and practice let me know, I'm always up for it.

Gone Crazy, Back Soon.

dawnrachellenewbie
1 post

Posted:
It's been about a year since Ive done any spinning, and I am looking to start again. You Mentioned Canoga Park area, I live in North Hollywood and work in Westlake Village. Canoga Park is the half way point. I live in an apartment and have now where to practice, Do you have a place that you go?? Any help would be appreciated.

LeliannanSILVER Member
5 posts

Posted:
I've got a yard in Hollywood. Mind you, it's a fairly small yard, and most of it's slope, but I've also got lots of deserted open sidewalk and street. I don't know that it's much good for fire, but certainly for spin sessions it would work. Let me know, I'd love to stop spinning alone.

STOP PLATE TECTONICS!

ZerroSILVER Member
10 posts

Posted:
There's a park down the street from me that has this semi enclosed cement stadium that I twirl in, other then that I hop the fence behind my aparment and twirl in an empty parking lot, go to the beach or a friends house if they let me. Any one intrested in twirling send me an email here or at satd1@hotmail.com. Twirling alone is getting boring!!!

Gone Crazy, Back Soon.

Fire Taigermember
105 posts

Posted:
LA i think that's about 3 or 4 hours away from me, i live in lake county.

The quest for poi perfection may bring much enlightenment...
and burns
OOUUUUCCCHHHHIIIEEEEE!!!!!!!!!

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Welp, I'm not moving to LA. Oh well. shrug

NYC, here I come!

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

hngnewbie
1 post

Posted:
I'm in LA for the next three months and was wondering if there are any regular poi practices? i'd say i'm an intermediate spinner.

Thanks!
Heather

X13newbie
5 posts

Posted:
im in pasadena and if ur lookin for practices theres one in eagle rock on fridays at 7pm-9pm. E-mail me for more info.

MMMMMMMMM.........Fire

wyle_kyoteSILVER Member
7 posts

Posted:
Hey all, my buddy and I are looking to set up some get-togethers at my house in the Santa Monica Mtns. I live on an acre of property in Monte Nido (Calabasas), which gives us plenty of room to dance. We also perform regularly at parties in the San Gabriel's and Mojave Desert, so if anyone wants to play with fire,or just practice for that inevitable day, let me know.
By the way, what has plate tectonics ever done to you? Things would be a lot less interesting without it.

All mysteries lead to the dark, and beyond the dark there is only maybe...

GypsyBrightBRONZE Member
7 posts

Posted:
Hannah, Kamala and Lester do a fun event once a month at the beach called Moon Circle, the next one is this Sunday, August 13th. 7:30-10pm at Dockweiler State Beach, just south of Venice. Bring $7 for parking or you can park on the road and hike down. Blankets, drums, wood, warm clothes and friends are all welcome. They are usually at the Northern most fire pit.

Directions: https://www.indrayoga.com/FireDance_DockweilerDirections.htm

"Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend."
Albert Camus

GypsyBrightBRONZE Member
7 posts

Posted:
Oh yeah, if those gatherings are happening in Calabasas I'd love to know when and come on by for a spin.

"Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend."
Albert Camus

Ash Blackstarmember
177 posts

Posted:
I live in Bellflower, down by Long Beach.

Ash Blackstar

"Sticks and stones may break my bones, But Whips and Chains excite me"
"Only way to deal with Drama, heavy weaponry and a strong does of grow the Hell up"

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" Adam Savage - Mythbusters

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
*bump*

Is there actually anyone on the forum who lives in LA?
Mainly near Santa Monica Boulevard.

Skully and I need urgent help with regards to something very important to us, and we would be very grateful if someone could get in touch with us.

ubbrollsmile

Thanks.

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
ucoooooof. If you need help the desperately... there is firegroove.com who are the LA cool kids. Or there's a whole tribe on errrr tribe.net Los Angeles Fire Gonzos or something.

Bear Claw Manufactureing is LA based.

And many of the fire people on tribe, in global contact staff forinstance, they are LA, chains / rif / spencer / harumander etc.

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Fantastic. Thanks my dear hug

I'll try on tribe.

Puresockaddict
406 posts

Posted:
I'm going to LA on the 16th August. Anyone about?

"Take that, math!"

TribalBeatsSiouxSILVER Member
72 posts

Posted:
I live close to LA, I am in the OC. Right now, I do not have anytime to meet up with anyone right now unless it is on a Monday due to my insane work schedule mad2

AzadondoSILVER Member
journeyman
59 posts

Posted:
Just moved to LA (Koreatown) and am looking for some people to spin with. I used to do it alot, but haven't for about a year, no one to spin with gets awfull lonesome-- so I am looking for others around here that spin. Please PM me if you are looking for people who spin.

Performing marriages, funerals, baptisisms, last rites and absolving the sins for HoPers for-- not very long actually.

AgentDareSILVER Member
3 posts

Posted:
i just moved down to anaheim, but thats not too far from LA, ive been looking for people to spin with since i got down here

bootbabe88BRONZE Member
20 posts

Posted:
i have a huge yard and anyone is welcome to come use it i would love to find someone to practice with and exchange knowledge about this wonderful art.. i live in van nuys :-)

Sarah_PBRONZE Member
78 posts

Posted:
Anyone in LA still do meetings?

Furstannewbie
3 posts

Posted:
I'm from Sweden but will be traveling around the west coast this summer and stopping by LA from 26th July to 1st August. Anyone up for some spinning with a swede?

Also, I'm looking for someone to show me a good time while I'm there. I hate traveling like a tourist so if anyone wants to show me the real LA, let me know!
EDITED_BY: Furstan (1211959082)