BlazeBRONZE Member
55 posts

Posted:
Okay, am I the only one here who when using Fire Poi for a REALLY long period of time, like basically kills your wrist, for like say... 8 hours non-stop^^*? Cuz if I'm the only one... I suppose I'd feel stupid for doing something wrong, Well, thanx to all who reply!

You laugh at me because I am different, I laugh at you because you are all the same.

Me Like fire... hehe... he he... -, Me at the annual Busker Festival Downtown

Raymund Phule (Fireproof)Enter a "Title" here:
2,905 posts

Posted:
I can honestly say I have never spun for 8 hours straight but I would imagine that the muscle break down would be the same just as if you were using weights. Your rists are sore because they need to heal. I recommend a day of not spinning and some tylonol or something like that.

Some Jarhead last night: "this dumb a$$ thinks hes fireproof"

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Different joints are really meant for different types of use. Ankles are meant for a lot of bumping around and wear and tear, but they aren't nearly as flexible as wrists.

Wrists are flexible and have fine control, but eight straight hours of twirling is almost certainly outside the capability of a typical wrist joint.

I'm wondering why you are twirling for eight hours straight. It can cause repetitive strain injury (like carpal tunnel syndrome) and muscle wasting. You need to allow your wrists to recover. Lay off the spinning for a little while. And then, don't routinely do eight-hour non-stop sessions.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

BlazeBRONZE Member
55 posts

Posted:
I know, I usually don't do it that long, but I was just playing around, not realizing that it was realy that long, yea I'm not gonna spin for another day or so, I won't do that again! Thanks

Blaze

You laugh at me because I am different, I laugh at you because you are all the same.

Me Like fire... hehe... he he... -, Me at the annual Busker Festival Downtown