Page:
NucleopoiBRONZE Member
chemical attraction
1,097 posts

Posted:
hey,

im georgina and am possibly going to be coming to australia as part of my degree to work in the chemical industry for a year.I was hoping for some advice on the best places to go for this and also where all you spinners are based out there. weavesmiley

MedusaSILVER Member
veteran
1,433 posts

Posted:
Damn I'm caught....

PukSILVER Member
Sweet talented nutter
2,615 posts

Posted:
You already have said how cheap it is over there . Puck thinks really hard we don't have bathrob conspiracys. But we got circus programs around here.

that shrewd and knavish sprite

Called Robin Good Fellow ; are you not he that is frighten of the maidens of the villagery - fairy

I am the merry wander of the night -puk

MedusaSILVER Member
veteran
1,433 posts

Posted:
You so have tipped me jed....remember you and msquared ganging up on me at Hyde Park....

We have circus programs here too....YAY!

PukSILVER Member
Sweet talented nutter
2,615 posts

Posted:
Ummm well ............we have
DROPBEARS
here

Called Robin Good Fellow ; are you not he that is frighten of the maidens of the villagery - fairy

MedusaSILVER Member
veteran
1,433 posts

Posted:
ummm.....we draghkyres...I think they are like dragons gone wrong. hehehe

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
with slitty pupils and ocasionally have fireballs chasing them

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

MedusaSILVER Member
veteran
1,433 posts

Posted:
Those eyes are freakishly cool.

WirewoodGOLD Member
journeyman
90 posts

Posted:
Hi, me again.

I've made it to Perth, the beaches are awesome, warmer than my average bath! Sorry I didn't make it to the spin last night, was enjoying some fine WA Shiraz instead (couldn't drive or spin). Not sure if I can make it tonight, I'll see what my girlfriend's plans are (I have to rely on her navigational skills, I get lost trying to walk around the block). Great place, I'm sure my opinion will change if I get bitten by something though (my girlfriend keeps taunting me with stories of tiger snakes and Ross River virus - just to keep me on edge). Hope to catch up tonight, off to Albany tomorrow for some botanising.

Cheers

"What drives life is...a little electric current kept up by the sunshine." Albert Szent-Gyorgi

MedusaSILVER Member
veteran
1,433 posts

Posted:
I hope you can come tonight...we love having new victims.....ooops I mean meeting new people...hehehe

We start at about 8:30 ish....

Don't worry about those tiger snakes they are very hard to come by...I have been here six years and not seen one except in the zoo.

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
There is a big spin Wed night on the foreshore at South Perth from 7.30pm

If you stay in Albany you should be safe from RRV and its friendly cousin Barmah Forrest Virus (I kid you not).

Is it the Truth?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

ParafinfairySILVER Member
old hand
845 posts

Posted:
Instead of adding a new thread (and getting told to do a durbs wink ) I thought I'd post in here! I'm coming to the land of Oz at the end of March. Will be going to Ben in Adelaide to begin with then we're going to go to as many places as we can afford. We were just after some ideas of places to go to and any cool events which will be happening from end of April onwards! We definately want to go to Perth, Brisbane, Cairns, Melbourne, Sydney and hopefully Tas too but are keen to find out whats going on and when! I'm so excited about hopefully meeting people from here!! Hope I've posted this in the right place - sorry if I've not!! smile

Slicing the Loaf as we speak.

I need it..... Trust me!

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
So has Ben warned you about DropBears yet? wink

old hand
845 posts

Posted:
YES!!!! I'll be a nervous wreck by the time I'm out there faced with snakes, spiders, dropbears and the likes!! smile

I need it..... Trust me!

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Apparently toothpaste smeared on the back of your neck will keep the dropbears away! wink

old hand
845 posts

Posted:
Really?! That and a suit of armour!! wink

I need it..... Trust me!

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Gnor might be able to hook you up with a suit of armour! tongue

MedusaSILVER Member
veteran
1,433 posts

Posted:
If she hasn't got a suit of armour she can definitely fit you with some chain mail! hehehe

When you come to Perth try to organise it so you are here for a Monday and Tuesday cause they are our regular twirl nights....but if you can't make it on one of those days if you let us know when you will be coming we should be able to organise a fire twirling party either on the foreshore or at the old Midland Train Tunnel.

Gnor and I can talk it up and maybe organise it together if you wanna meet all us strange and unual Perth twirlers.

Hope to see you here soon!

Kyle McLeanBRONZE Member
Living it up
363 posts

Posted:
Written by: Parafinfairy

YES!!!! I'll be a nervous wreck by the time I'm out there faced with snakes, spiders, dropbears and the likes!! smile

ubblolLet us know when you're headed to Brisvegas, welcome to come stay and we'll have all the saftey equpment u need (for critters above or below) + info on what is going on eventwise. Smallish outdoor doofy things a bit out of town tend to be everyother week or so, if you guys are into that sort of Marlarky.

A canadian couple I know really did have a koala fall on thier tent. The girl screamed DROP BEAR! and the rest of their camp (also all from the States or Canada) scattered from the campsite as fast as thier legs could carry them. No thoughts of heroism...
The Koala rolled around a bit then made it's way off, but they now tell anyone back home that cares to listen about thier 'close brush' with a drop bear. A few people here thought to comfort them by pretending the whole drop bear thing is a 'myth' or 'just something Aussie backpackers get a kick out of telling the others' but these white lies were to no avail...

Contact without dance is like sex without wiggling.
A) it does feel as good
B) it does not look as good on film

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
Written by:

If she hasn't got a suit of armour she can definitely fit you with some chain mail! hehehe

biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin definately a possibilty, but you have to wear it yourself, Im not carrying it for you.

Written by:

Gnor and I can talk it up and maybe organise it together if you wanna meet all us strange and unual Perth twirlers.

Instant ancient tradition. We are up to three delightful English and one German and one USA guests being taken up the tunnel at Midnight.
We dont have castles but this is almost as good!! There is the chance to see drop bears and hoopsnakes on the way.
We found a roo one night between us an d the tunnel, it was too dark to see it as it jumped past at high speed within touching distance. (if we hadnt been hiding behind each other)

Is it the Truth?

PukSILVER Member
Sweet talented nutter
2,615 posts

Posted:
ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol Kyle thats the funnest .

Umm so did i win or not brisbane has umm the fact it's only 2 hours from byron bay .

old hand
845 posts

Posted:
Thanks for the replies! I'm looking forward to meeting everyone. I'm leaving in 6 weeks so will be in touch once Ben & I have decided in what order we're going everywhere!

I liked the story about the drop bear, it was so funny, Kyle - that so could have been me screaming that! I tend to believe most things people tell me... smile

I need it..... Trust me!

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
eeppp.....
Written by:

I tend to believe most things people tell me...

...and you told them that...ohh nooooooo.....

Stick with me, Im too gullible myself to tell stories like that, and I sleep with a nightlight to keep the hallucinations away

Is it the Truth?

old hand
845 posts

Posted:
ubblol Yeah maybe I should have worded that differently!!

I need it..... Trust me!

MedusaSILVER Member
veteran
1,433 posts

Posted:
We have Monkey Mia, the Swan Valley and the Kimberleys!!!!

Oh and Pemberton....hehehe...so no you haven't won yet!

NucleopoiBRONZE Member
chemical attraction
1,097 posts

Posted:
hey ya'al im back sorry i jhavent been in here in a while.how is everyone doing?i got my exam results for the first semester and i am currently on a 2:1.although in my practicals in this semester i am on about 85%-not bad really.yey.

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Congrats! smile

PukSILVER Member
Sweet talented nutter
2,615 posts

Posted:
How about a lot more shark attacks then ?over perth .

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Damn flying sharks over Perth! wink

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
Im sure we have less per km of coast ......

....not as many drop bears

Is it the Truth?

.:* Moon Pixie *:.Carpal \'Tunnel
3,492 posts

Posted:
wave Hey

I haven't read all this thread.... redface sorry it's a pretty long one... so I'm not sure if anyone's mentioned this already... but moonfest is a gathering in Brisbane if you end up heading this way........

It's every full moon with loads of lovely firey people and a yummy drum circle...on the beach.... close to trains...and loads of fun biggrin

check out https://groups.msn.com/moonfest
for more info....and hopefully we can catch up when you're in town and have a play smile .:*

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

Page: