89 posts

Posted:
EDITED_BY: Pyroptix (1196217007)

DoktorSkellSILVER Member
addict
475 posts

Posted:

Hi Pyroptix

I have heard about you in local circles, i hope i have the chance to see you live some day.

Anyway, how many shows are we talking about here?
Is it un-practicle to take fuel with you?

btw, Gigs in china yeah? thats going to be fantastic, you will have a good time.

Remember, allways learn this equivalent phrase when you go to a foreign country, in chinese its
wo bu xiang maofan ni (translation) Sorry, i didnt mean to offend you 8D!!!

Fair luna bright, fair luna moon
it shines at night but fades too soon
fair luna moon, fair luna bright
forever we dance
we dance under starlight

SparkfireFire coach - Cirque du Soleil
89 posts

Posted:
Hey man....

looking at "maybe" 6 shows a week for 6 weeks. yeah i dont see good things for me trying to carry two 40L drums of SolTK on a plane with me....

On a side note you can see me if your coming to the Tazzie Circus festival.. I'm organizing the fire show there this year.. should hopefully have some gas cannons going off and some great choreography (just freaking at not getting a car space on the ferry at the moment! urk!)

But you (or anyone in Taz!) could help me out greatly if you know ANYWHERE i can get a drum of Pegasol or SolTK in Tassie... shell dont list any suppliers but i hoped local knowledge might prevail... without the car i can't sneak the drum i was planning on getting over..

89 posts

Posted:
Okay.

In case anyone else in Taz is looking for Sol TK - Hobart Shell depot is a supplier.

I'd love if a national, even international clean fuel suppliers registery was organised ( by someone else biggrin )

GherkinGOLD Member
Inventor
117 posts

Posted:
Hey Pyroptix, I live in Tasmania and am planning on buying some ShellSol TK, but I can't find where the Hobart Shell depot is... :S If you've bought ShellSol TK from there, could you please help me out with the location and price?

[Edited stupid typo]
EDITED_BY: Gherkin (1113559386)

89 posts

Posted:
Didn't end up buying any there, snuck mine across on the ferry but i was givin this info by a guy that works for 'circus art' in hobart. He'll be getting back to me about a gig there for the midwinter fest. so when I'm discussing it with him i'll ask for details of the suppliers there.

Have you called/emailed shell australia?

GherkinGOLD Member
Inventor
117 posts

Posted:
I haven't called Shell, but I've contacted Mobil about buying Pegasol 3440, and that involves a few hours of driving which my parents don't want to do...

What is this 'circus art' place you speak of? I've never heard of it... The only place to buy juggling and fire toys that I know of is Ruff-Cut records in the mall... Maybe I'm just ignorant...

I'll email Shell soonish...

89 posts

Posted:
its a circus performance agency. If Pegasol's on the island your sorted. just order enough for them to deliver.