Forums > Meet Others > gatherings in north yorkshire area

Login/Join to Participate

NucleopoiBRONZE Member
chemical attraction
1,097 posts

Posted:
The majority of gatherings and workshops seem to be down south either because of a lack of spinners in the north or because the main organisers of these kinds of events are down south.Would it be possible to arrange more of these gatherings in the northern area so that we dont get left out!lol!

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
Hi Nucleopoi

there is a developing g seen in Manchester now we have people from quit a large catchments aria now from Blackpool to Leeds(ish) and there is a fully developed performance group in Sheffield pm onewheeldave for more info. not sure what there is so far up ripon way.

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

=Flashpoint=SILVER Member
Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
Oh and keep an eye out for PLAY

www.playfestival.co.uk

ohmygodlaserbeamspewpewpew!
ubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmile

NucleopoiBRONZE Member
chemical attraction
1,097 posts

Posted:
the only one in leeds iv seen is on the 31st october at the uni,il be going to that hopefully.im also studying chemistry at uni in hull so it wont be that bad to get to sheffield.if i was more experienced in this type of thing i would arrange some northern gatherings myself.thanks guys.

samiyanewbie
3 posts

Posted:
Hi,

A bunch of us fire spinners are gathering in hyde park, leeds this thursday march 24th around 9pm. Would like to meet other fire spinners and get a gathering going now that summer is on the way.

Any suggestions where we can meet/contact other spinners from around leeds? We found the group in Sheffield but nothing here yet.

Thanks smile

b3xBRONZE Member
9 posts

Posted:
Related to north yorkshire is there anywhere a young 12 year old could meet other poi spinners or spinners/jugglers?
Preferably in the scarborough filey area?
any help gratefully received.

phoenix45000newbie
7 posts

Posted:
I am doubtful there is a large scene in york (though I have seen some street performers using fire juggling occasionally) So I'd be interested in anything else in the north yorkshire area.

funnyangelmember
37 posts

Posted:
i am in harrogate, im 16 i do poi, fire poi, fire staff and remedial fire breathing.
there are often people meeting on the stray near the blues bar. i would be soooo greatful is people could contact me or help put me in contact with others in the area coz it is fairly hit and miss if you actually meet any other jugglers there.

funnyangelmember
37 posts

Posted:
anyone wanna meet on the stray in harrogate THIS friday evening (fire?) or this saturday afternoon (not so flaming versions?