Page:
Richie_Boynewbie
10 posts

Posted:
i know this has come up before, but they look to be old posts...

do we have any devilstickers here? ubbrollsmile

I do not fear death, i just don't want do be around when it happens to me

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
magic matt is a legend for end balances biggrin

but anyway, i found this and thought some of you might be interested:

steven ragatz does ds

smile

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

Devilstick_RussellBRONZE Member
I like devilstick...
196 posts

Posted:
yeah pretty cool a little too fast to learn from, there was one trick that impressed me something round the legs about halfway thru thatnks coleman

Does this site actually exist? Or am i talking to all my other personalities?

firestuSILVER Member
63 posts

Posted:
i do a bit of devil stick am nothing like as good as Russell and to see him in action is like poetry! by the way i hope to see u at some festivals this year Russell. i do a bit of devil sticks but have a lot on with school and work so don't get to practice much unlike some who are at collage so practice all the time. i also have taken up alot of other things. and any help with ninchucks from Russell would be gr8

"Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished" Lao Tzu

"It is not length of life, but depth of life."

I like devilstick...
196 posts

Posted:
aww you flatter me
*Blush*

ezeeckielmember
32 posts

Posted:
Salut !

I've got two new tricks fastly recorded (from idea to camera, 10 minutes).
Here
and Here

Glad to entertain you !
Salut !
Olivier

I_LikeFirenewbie
2 posts

Posted:
Hey, new devil sticker here, i'm not too bad, but only when it's on fire, got any new,/crazy tricks for me? juggle

If at first you don't succeed, a bribe goes a long way

I_LikeFirenewbie
2 posts

Posted:
Can anyone tell me how to upload vids, and pics, i'm new, and wanna see if you guys think i'm any good, cause i have nothing to compare myself to. Shot juggle

If at first you don't succeed, a bribe goes a long way

IfritBRONZE Member
The GF of HoP
492 posts

Posted:
You cant upload pics as yet you need posts before you can do that and vids you will have to find some web space on a hosting site or something then post a link in the videos area.

Do a search of the site for the word spymac whcih is free 100mb hosting. Its a annoying to get working mind.

fire leads to creation

Monaco KiwiBRONZE Member
6 posts

Posted:
Thanks to everyone who posted the links in here, is a great source. Have been doing D/sticks on/off for a few years as a type of meditation, now can make it a little more fun

Devil - Dmember
72 posts

Posted:
Well, a little too late. But I do devilstick! with and without fire

I like devilstick...
196 posts

Posted:
i like to make it do spins and flips and spins using lots of wrist traps all togetger really quickly it makes me smile when times are hard and money is short.

I like devilstick...
196 posts

Posted:
Oliver i learnt that poi esq wrist trap from your video where it goes behind your back. Im so proud, i can also do it continusly by doing a throw at the end and catching it back into the trick weeee. I should have a video soon as someone else has offered to make it for me with some old material they found. its not brilliant, I'd say better than marmite but not as good as Bovril.

LavatwilightGOLD Member
old hand
834 posts

Posted:
russel, i havent had a chance to get it done yet (vid) will have a lil work at it now smile

Drawings by chalk minds, strech between the stars

Kyle Mclean-
Contact without dance is like sex without wiggling.
A) it does feel as good
B) it does not look as good on film

ezeeckielmember
32 posts

Posted:
Hi Russel,
I also really like this trick and continously it's even better. Glad you liked it.
You saw the 2 last tricks i've posted ? It's not really some flabbergasting tricks (i like this word in english hehe), but since i got a cam i'd try to make a vid of any new ideas i get. The saw stop&go is intersting though.

And what about the devilstick passing post ? do any of you has worked on it ? any body got ideas ?

Salut !
Olivier

I like devilstick...
196 posts

Posted:
my video made by lavatwillight is [Old link] [its called Russell and his crazy stick work] i haven't even seen it yet. I haven't been able to see your video's either Oliver because the college computers i use have lots of restrictions which make watching videos very hard. Sorry. im sure the tricks are flabbergasting tho.

Have you tried Devil stick using a Club? (as in a club juggers club) I find it really fun because of all the crazy weights at either end. Also check out the Devil stick with short meteors thread (I'll find a link)
EDITED_BY: Devilstick_Russell (1109147576)

I like devilstick...
196 posts

Posted:
[Old link] If you know what meteors are it kinda helps, they are basically poi with a weight at each end that you hold in the middle and use like a bendy staff. But short ones are really easy and cheap to make out of socks and tennis balls its a whole new challenge completly different to Devilstick but also similar.

ezeeckielmember
32 posts

Posted:
Hi Russ,

It seems that the first link you gave is not working (or i'm blind but i got back to the index).
Yes, i've tried with many different props too, not the meteor though.
I was wondering : You got a routine or something ?

Salut !
Olivier

I like devilstick...
196 posts

Posted:
Im not to hot on routine, i really should make one it would help alot. I have a continus flowing style where i just do loads of tricks (normally wrist traps) really fast then occasionally i'll bother to throw in a 'bigger' more impressive trick. If i perform, which is not very often, i normally just talk to the crowd and tell them about devilstick.

Which link isn't working?

ezeeckielmember
32 posts

Posted:
Everythin 's working now.
You're true about the routine. After some point you should work on one. It's easy for me to say this regarding the time i've waited before putting a routine (say 6 months after the first "ok let's do a routine). Once you're into it it takes a bit of work to clean it but it's worth it !

I'll put a vid soon of my routine.

Olivier

I like devilstick...
196 posts

Posted:
if you have a routine how do you work out new stuff? by constantly changing my style and focus from discipline to discipline (helicopter to propellor for example) you work out new ideas and combinations. Fair enough it would be good to have a routine or two up my sleeve to blast out occasionally. I might make several small routines to mix 'n' match together for vairity

ezeeckielmember
32 posts

Posted:
Taht's the point i think. Having something prepared you're confident in and be able to blast it out at any time.
It takes some time but you can keep exploring new stuff as well. Actually for me the best way to get prepared is to warm up with some difficult new tricks. Thus my routine seems much easier. And now, i can already think about improving my routine by putting new tricks i've worked enough to get confident with.

I did quite the same about small routines. I got 3 parts in my routine each of them corresponding to a different plane. I set them apart from each other, bringing together easy and impressive tricks and one or 2 difficult ones.

Salut !
Olivier

devkevSILVER Member
discoverer of phat and poigling
292 posts

Posted:
hello... just trying to look at the vids now... i also have a vid or 2 to put up. I have never bothered with a routine (much to many peoples dissmay) but i suppose if you have enough tricks and can recover sytylishly you petentially can play for hours non stop.

However, With time you find certain tricks flow very nicely into other tricks.

Is there a post for naming tricks??? i will go see...
kev smile

its all about the fun fun fun fun and more fun...

devkevSILVER Member
discoverer of phat and poigling
292 posts

Posted:
hey russ... nice wrist traps and nice music... enjoyed that... thanks.

cant acess other vids at moment???
kev

its all about the fun fun fun fun and more fun...

Devil - Dmember
72 posts

Posted:
Hey devilstickers,

a question

I'd like to make my own fire devilsticks, any suggestions?

ezeeckielmember
32 posts

Posted:
Hi Devil_D. If you can read french there's some explanation on jongle.net . But it's basically quite simple.

Hey ! I got two new vids !! One is a trick combining a double throw of the sticks as the ds is penduluming with half turn, with a saw reversing the sticks. Even if you don't understand this sentence you'll should be impressed hehehe.
The other is a few moves available with mill's mess. I haven't made an exhaustive vid but just few things i combined.

Tell me how you like them.

Salut !

Devil - Dmember
72 posts

Posted:
I' already made them though. The are really long! But it's easily to play with them.

About the vids:
you're doing the tricks very smooth! The vids are a little too short, but I' like them!

I like devilstick...
196 posts

Posted:
I've actually never bothered learning mills mess what a slacker. a trick i find super smooth is full curl i'm nowhere near Oliver level at them but they are so damn smooth when mastered and of course Wrist traps!!!

Page: