ewanewbie
18 posts

Posted:
do you heve same problem whith police?

HavokistBRONZE Member

2,530 posts

Posted:
in manchester, unless you get a real tw*t of a policeman, they tend to jsut stand and watch, as long as you aren't in the middle of somewhere REALLY busy that people walk through and aren't creating a problem

We are the music makers, We are the dreamers of dreams,
Wandering by lone sea-breakers, And sitting by desolate streams;
World-losers and world-forsakers, On whom the pale moon gleams;
We are the movers and shakers of the world for ever, it seems.

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Oh yeah..

I get that problem all the time too...

rolleyes

I usually get it when I do that other thing too. wink

I never have any problems with the police and me spinning.
Usually they never ever turn up.
Once at the Kent weekends they turned up with about 10 other officers when they were phoned to our location as we were reported to be setting fire to the trees smile

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
that would get em going ubblol ubblol

'The last rays of crimson on the spindle tree as the cerise fruit splits and reveals its orange seeds in a gloriously clashing colour scheme no-one would ever dare to wear'
Euonymous Europeus

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
I once had a cop stop and watch me. And when I was done he came up, and here I was preparing myself to get arrested, etc. And he said "I really shouldn't say this, I'm sure...but would you do that again?" ubblol

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

JauntyJamesSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,533 posts

Posted:
that's highly amusing

-James

"How do you know if you're happy or sad without a mask? Or angry? Or ready for dessert?"

nearly_all_goneSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,626 posts

Posted:
We rang the police in our town, and they said we could do it anywhere so long as it wasn't distracting traffic or creating a nuisance (ie as long as we weren't next to a road and they didn't recieve any complaints).

Apparently the woman was really impressed when my mate described what fire poi is to her biggrin Cops seem to love fire just as much as us. It's the fire brigade you gotta watch out for wink Damn hose-slingin' bastards!

(not really of course, firemen [and women] are valuable and much-loved members of my, and any other, community. See? I can be diplomatic when I want).

What a wonderful miracle if only we could look through each other's eyes for an instant.
Thoreau

HavokistBRONZE Member

2,530 posts

Posted:
at the first manchester meet i went to, we all met up at pic gardens, and there was Mr. andythepoi and Mr. mint sauce both spinning fire, and they attracted quite a big circle of people, and two police officers passed on motor bikes, actually stopped, parked their bikes off to one side, and just stood and watched for about 15 mins, then got back on the bikes and went

they dont seem to bother as long as we aren't in the way

ParafinfairySILVER Member
old hand
845 posts

Posted:
Yeah, its the same in Guildford. We sometimes get police coming down to the river but they're usually there for a different reason and just watch then go on their merry way!!

Slicing the Loaf as we speak.

I need it..... Trust me!

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Damn yo, I'm mad jealous of you peeps. 5-0 always be rollin' up on our posse tryin' to keep us down.

We got the strickest fire regulations in the states here in Nuevo York so it's no doubt we be duckin' the boys in blue when they roll by.

All about keepin' it on the DL.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

spritieSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,014 posts

Posted:
Down here, it's not the cops that can do much to shut us down, but the Fire Marshall. In general, the cops I've encountered while spinning have only had favorable things to say. Of course, I've never attempted busking so my views my be somewhat different from yours. Cops have even happily done crowd control for a performance or two.

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
no one seems to care at all in Berlin - which seems very un German-like with their great love for rules and regulations, but for the most part they leave buskers and such completely alone. Chances are you'll get hassled more for doing fire in your backyard (some crabby old ninnny can't stand others having fun, and if anyone complains about anything here you have to stop - 2nd warning takes you strait to jail) than in the middle of a crowded street - so long as it looks like you are trying to make money, it seems everyone thinks you have a right to be there despite a completely lack of permiting, insurance concernes, or whatever.

-v-

Wiederstand ist Zwecklos!

HavokistBRONZE Member

2,530 posts

Posted:
it just shows that the police are people too, even if they can be total tw*ts quite a bit,

but then, if you ever hear them say something like "if it was up to me this wouldnt be happening, im only doing my job" it just makes you feel like they're dying inside slightly each time they say it.

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Yeah... but the whole "Sorry but if my supervisor shows up and I'm not clubbing you with my baton I'll get fired" song gets tired too... wink

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

Flame BoyGOLD Member
veteran
1,508 posts

Posted:
I was fire poiing with a mate in a park at night the other day and a copper came over and asked "Do you think thats sensible in a public place?" To be honest - no! Cos there was no one else there! Of course I cant say that to him cos i know he's basically telling me to put them, but why the stupid pig couldnt just ask us to put them out i dont know.

To make matters worse I couldnt put then out and ended up melting the sole of my show shrug

AAARRRGGGHHH!!! My giant stick broke!!! In two!!! My stick broke in two!!! ubbcrying

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
coming to a country near you
4,696 posts

Posted:
the police down here are pretty good with it, considering that we spin on parliment house lawns. what we have to watch for is the stupid security guard telling us we cant spin cause there is a fire ban. like we are going to start a huge fire in the middle of the city just because its 10 degrees hotter than usual!

~evil security guard~

although last summer they were being stupid and saying we needed busking permits.
1. we are not busking
2. they cost like $400 dollars a person
3. WE ARE NOT BUSKING!
but for some reason winter came and they left us alone, too busy sitting in their warm offices.

harumph(silly authorities)

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

NucleopoiBRONZE Member
chemical attraction
1,097 posts

Posted:
i dont have problems with police,our garden is large enough.other than that no one that i know of in my area has either ,they just tend to watch.a mother in the force round my area does help i suppose though....