Forums > Social Chat > umm...no idea where to post this

Login/Join to Participate

Calismember
28 posts

Posted:
when i was spinning the staff recently managed (i swear i didnt drop it) to get myself a nice burn on my arm, in a cool shape

now all that pain, and i want something to show for it... what would be the best way to get it to scar as visibly as possible?

Flame BoyGOLD Member
veteran
1,508 posts

Posted:
Put fire on it ubblol

AAARRRGGGHHH!!! My giant stick broke!!! In two!!! My stick broke in two!!! ubbcrying

brodiemanold hand
1,024 posts

Posted:
dont be stupid by messing up your skin regroth you can cause some major poblems, for example. the area wil lack in melonin, making that area prone to sun burn and skin canser, by interupting the skin cycle of healing you could cause a infecton leading to necrosis (your skin will rot around the area needing a operation or causing systemic sepsis)
If your looking for a tolken brand to look cool go somewhere and get it done professionally.
sorry for sounding harsh
mike

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
Fully agree.

Don't mess around with such things. I had a friend in uni who thought it'd be a good idea to scar himself in memory of the friends he had made... my god, 6 months later the infection looked like a huge puss-y circle on his arm and a year later he had a very deep, very angry looking scar.

He had to take antibiotics to prevent serious injury.

He felt a bit foolish by the end of it.

Getting to the other side smile

margitaSILVER Member
.:*distracted by shiny things*:.
3,777 posts

Posted:
there are some people who pay for scarification - but it's done in a hygenic conditions by professionals.
scars are not cool. i have a burn (ironically, not from fire twirling) & it kinda looks like i tried to cut my wrist. try working in social work circles with a scar like that! i get sooo many 'looks' from people! not good!!

do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good to eat!

if at first you do succeed, try not to look too astonished!

smile! :grin: it confuses people!

Flame BoyGOLD Member
veteran
1,508 posts

Posted:
ditto Ive got one of those, some smeghead trod on my wrist while playing rugby, i had people saying to me "Oh my god, what did you do?" and "Life's not that bad mate" for the next 2 weeks - tres annoying!

Why not get a fiery related tattoo Calis?

AAARRRGGGHHH!!! My giant stick broke!!! In two!!! My stick broke in two!!! ubbcrying

JauntyJamesSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,533 posts

Posted:
i have a scar where a rat bit me. his name was tom

-James

"How do you know if you're happy or sad without a mask? Or angry? Or ready for dessert?"

nearly_all_goneSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,626 posts

Posted:
Is that short for Tomato?

What a wonderful miracle if only we could look through each other's eyes for an instant.
Thoreau

JauntyJamesSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,533 posts

Posted:
no, i'd only name a purple rat tomato, tom was grey. i dont think tom is short for anything else

-James

"How do you know if you're happy or sad without a mask? Or angry? Or ready for dessert?"

Pooh-Bah
1,626 posts

Posted:
It's short for a four letter word. Or a building. You wouldn't get a building as short as the word "Tom".

What a wonderful miracle if only we could look through each other's eyes for an instant.
Thoreau

JauntyJamesSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,533 posts

Posted:
what if its already a very short building? like a shack? or a bunglalow?

-James

Pooh-Bah
1,626 posts

Posted:
I lived ina bungalow until I was 20. It wasn't called Tom.

Thoreau

Ewalmember
43 posts

Posted:
If the burn was bad enough then it will scar naturally, as burnt skin does not heal the same as a cut or graze. I have a burn which I used savlon on and it still scarred. Thats why some people get branded these days, as it more final than a tatto

good luck with your scarring

the calm and the chaos

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
I have two scars from spinning on my left arm.

One is a circle with the cross head from the screw in the middle perfectly imprinted.
The other is just a circle.

and they only appear when I get suntanned too. smile

I wanted to get them tatooed on too, but you cant tattoo scar tissue.

smile

mycoBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,084 posts

Posted:
if you want it to be really visible, just say to people "look at this", and they will. if it's too faded to see, just get them to imagine it instead biggrin

SeraphireHoP's Original Smelly-Hippie-Scum-Bag
270 posts

Posted:
If you want a scar, try and catch squirrels...seriously they might look cute jumping around, but when you try and catch one...different kettle of squirrels. *Notes full Moon in a few hours...*Were-squirrel tendancy's taking hold*

Music gives Soul to the Universe, Wings to the Mind, Flight to the Imagination and Life to Everything.

Educate yourself in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE! hug

dsei.org Stop The Arms Trade!

Calismember
28 posts

Posted:
thanks for the advice guys

imm just gonna let it heal..if it scars it scars..if it doesnt it doesnt

shen shuiSILVER Member
no excuses. no apologies.
1,799 posts

Posted:
Written by: brodieman

dont be stupid by messing up your skin regroth you can cause some major poblems, for example. the area wil lack in melonin, making that area prone to sun burn and skin canser, by interupting the skin cycle of healing you could cause a infecton leading to necrosis (your skin will rot around the area needing a operation or causing systemic sepsis)
If your looking for a tolken brand to look cool go somewhere and get it done professionally.
sorry for sounding harsh
mike

good call.
fully.

those that know, dont say. those that say, dont know.

shen shuiSILVER Member
no excuses. no apologies.
1,799 posts

Posted:
why dont you just let your body heal naturally, like it knows how to? go with the flow... and embrace the experience of your body healing while you watch...
yay!
what fun!

those that know, dont say. those that say, dont know.

Gri-griMember
84 posts

Posted:
Yeah, I agree with most of this.

Scars are cool (proof) but I wouldn't encourage them. Obviously depending on how badly you got burnt, the scarshould appear naturally.

Best of luck

Where the mind goes,
The body will follow...

Sir_Sheepold hand
725 posts

Posted:
Written by: Unregistered

I have two scars from spinning on my left arm.

One is a circle with the cross head from the screw in the middle perfectly imprinted.
The other is just a circle.

and they only appear when I get suntanned too. smile

I wanted to get them tatooed on too, but you cant tattoo scar tissue.

smile

They're from my doubles. I remember the amount of burns you had by the end of that day. Weird only two of them scarred.

Spoiling Christmas for small children since 2003.

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
and all this time they've been sitting in the corner of the hallway......we should mount the branding device of ucof above the fireplace!

Sir_Sheepold hand
725 posts

Posted:
What fireplace? confused

Spoiling Christmas for small children since 2003.