Page:
PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
I don't have to tell any of you that recently mine came close to being lost. The same day as my accident a friend, mentor and really beautiful person I know lost her battle with cancer. While I was in the hospital my lease ran out and I am currently homeless. Things overall seem kind of grim but you know what?

Life is beautiful.

I went outside and sat in the grass under a tree with a friend today. As limited as my breath is, the air was sweet. The breeze refreshing. The sun warm. The outdoor sounds filled me up. It was lovely.

PWB hugged me today. His shirt was soft and clean smelling. His shoulder was strong and hard. His hands were comforting and soft. It felt wonderful.

I get to eat and drink. Every flavour is savoury. Every aroma decadent. To let it roll over my tongue and down my throat is a challenge, but it is also a supreme pleasure.

I can walk. My steps are small and uncertain but the grass between my toes tickled. The ground felt cool, the sidewalk rough and warm. Every step is one moment in time that I move forward.

I get to experience the smiles and laughter and wisdom and joy of others that I love. Nothing compares to that feeling.

My point? 5 weeks of my life are gone. I spent them staring at flourescent lighting being fed sterile air and not even getting to see the people I love, and that is only when I was awake enough to know better.

I spent alot of time thinking about what I missed and what is important to me. Life, living it, is important to me. Appreciating what I have, recognising the beauty of the little things is important to me. I am not saying to do this every moment of the day, that would be exhausting. I am asking that you all take even ten minutes of each day to appreciate what you have...friends, loved ones, the sun, hell even the rain.... anything. Recognise it and enjoy it. I garuantee it'll make things brighter.

Life is for the living, go out and live it!

Much love to all

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

.:* Moon Pixie *:.Carpal \'Tunnel
3,492 posts

Posted:
Pele, you beautiful spirit!

That was just so amazing

.:* passes round the box of tissues*:.

now you've gone and made me cry... the good kind of cry though...

glad your feeling good

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

vaperloc...the mightylook @my member
466 posts

Posted:
Orange rocks,so does cherry,
Promethius your post reminded me of a story off an episode of king of the hill,about a man two tigers and the strawberry .I dont have to tell you that that strawberry was the best he had ever had.

There are no obstacles only challenges.
Very funny scotty now beam down my pants.
[colour."green"}What would willie do?

AHH theres too many wee leprechauns i cannae squash them all

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
*bump*

Pele's thoughts are too beautiful to be lost...

A few years ago, i went through some major struggles, and came close to death a few times. When i got to the point where i was walking and talking again, i had a very similar outlook on life as Pele does now.

Unfortunately, the longer you stay "normal" the more "normalicy" (if there is such a word) seeps into you, and you forget to take the time to appreciate the wonder and splender of everything around us. Sometimes i catch myself smiling at the most idiotic things.... my friends all think i am a big kid, because i am amused and entranced by things like train rides (i catch a train to and from work everyday, and i still love them), Hot chocolate, water fights, icecream, sunlight and lightning...

this is without a doubt, the most beautiful thread i have ever read on this site. ` Thank you Pele for taking the time to share your thoughts and your experiences with us. It is much appreciated, and I know that it has reminded me to rethink the things i take for granted, one more time

xoxoxxoxoxoxox *hugz*

Currently on the right side up of the world.

N8member
336 posts

Posted:
Threads like this one make me think of the board back a few years ago when there were only about 200 of us. Is good to see some genuine concern-for-your-neighbor type stuff.

Pele, The Martian and I have kept you in our thoughts for the past month or so, its good to see that this hasn't effected you negitively.

Cheers, Hugs, etc.

-your CNY buddies.

Care of other people's approval and you become their prisoner.Live fully, Rave wholly.Fluid are the movements of my strings...

dromepixieveteran
1,463 posts

Posted:
THERE IS NO SPOON.

Keep this in your mind and heart it will never let you down!

Nice to see you back Pele...

I will continue to read the thread and then post my thoughts after...

JUGGLEwithyourmind!

dromepixieveteran
1,463 posts

Posted:
First I would like to extend an even warmer welcome to Pele! I am amazed at your spirit and strength after such a difficult ordeal. You are trully an angel and an example to us all!

That was a lot to read... But worth it

I am surprised at the reactions to Pele's post. I never knew that so many people were lost... By lost I mean unaware of how beautiful and meaningful every part of your existence is. So many experiences to be had, people to share with, beautiful places to see, personal growth to be felt...

I found Pele's knowledge in Brazil...
I wanted to go to a 'developing' country to see what it was all about...
From the plane I thought Rio de Janeiro was one of the most beautiful places I had ever seen.
The one-hour drive to the house was my introduction to a different world.

Outside the airport you will encounter a lagoon. This lagoon is beautiful except it reaks of open sewage and there is a pile of rubbish about 2 foot high on the bank... I had never seen the effect of pollution illustrated so bluntly in my face. Next you drive through into the city of Rio and all you can see are mountains at your side. These arent just mountains though they are shanty towns, long and wide, stretching as far as your eye can see. THOUSANDS of people in poverty...

Welcome to RIO!

We get to the house and I notice that I can see part of the largest shanty town in south america outside my window. I couldnt understand. For three weeks after my arrival I felt guilty for who I was and for my way of life. You look at their houses and they dont have windows, fuck they are lucky if they have a roof. One of the things I tell some people now is:
-how much do you apprechiate your sink?

Now many might think this is a stupid question but to be honest how much do you aprechiate the REALLY little things?
-your kitchen (a kitchen)
-clean clothes
-WARM water...clean water for that matter...

As I continued to analise myself and the world I realised that I couldnt help who I was or how my life had worked out. I learned to apprechiate what I had. I learned how to live with the fact that I could not help ALL these people. I also learned to apprechiate every little thing that makes life, life. I mean good and bad!!!

I have just tried to make a little list of the things I learned and failed...
These arent things you can just put down on paper! You have to grow into these thoughts and habits and realise that tomorrow you might not be here or might not be able to walk or do something else that means so much to you. Learn to love life and love all. Learn to try to understand, even if you dont agree...

I should get to a point although I dont think I really had one in mind. I wanted to share...

If I must leave you all with something I shall say the old wise saying:
Live every day as you would live your last.

Much love to all, Drome
(sorry bout the length guys)

JUGGLEwithyourmind!

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
True words drome, both yu and pele and others have seen something truly beautiful. wish i coudl find it again... but congrats sweet ones

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

caniffisSILVER Member
60 posts

Posted:
Hi Pele,
i am pretty new to the site and have never really meet you, but what you have been through and the attidud that you have come out with after it is truely glorious to see!
yet do not regret what you have done before, maybe the way in which you got there but with out thoswe moments and the insite that has got you to this day then you would not have the knowledge of the life that you lead. we should always try to see with a babies delight the world but remember the lesons learned and the moments shared with the eyes of as philosopher. the most important thing is to never stop learning! to many of us simple think that when we reach a point then there is little more to learn or understand, we form ideas and we never question are prespective on life. i think that what has happened to youi has rekindaled tha part of your brain which has to learn because you had to live again.
some of the people how have posted to your writings have said that they would be angry if what happened to you happened to them. well to this i say look at the world and ask the question "WHY" does the world make me angry not simple accept the fact that it does, andf it is not because it is something in the world that makes you angry but the fact that you can not accept that life is crual and the the universe has a very poor sense of huma, that on the whole balances the good with the bad. Pele your friend died when you went into hospital. although tragic it was probably a release for that person from the pain and the anguish, and i would think that wereever that person ended up it was probable after they whatched over you and your recovery.
we live in a world opon which the human race has been on for a blink of an eye compared to its life, and it will treat us with little respect if we do not treat it well, but if we live life for each other and the betterment of others, if we continue to look beond what we see and intpo what is truely there then the world and our lives we be the richer and better for it, for when we do that then the world and universe sees us because we are able to see them and they will come to care about are future and our happyness as we care about theres and about our friends !!
all the best Pele, keep the grass under your toes and the world will help you grow as it does around you!

What you don't know won't hurt you? well i intend to get to know as much as possible so that i can make sure no one else has to so they carn't get hurt.

dromepixieveteran
1,463 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by caniffis:
we live in a world opon which the human race has been on for a blink of an eye compared to its life, and it will treat us with little respect if we do not treat it well
The quote is beautiful, you are beautiful!

*bump to the pretty thread*

Much love, drome

JUGGLEwithyourmind!

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
True words Drome, and lovely. Eye openers come in many ways, thank you for illustrating the less physically painful kind!

As for being angry....what should I be angry at?
The world? It didn't do this to me.
Fire or rather, the fuel? It didn't just jump into my lungs.
The wind? It's going to do what it will and I knew that going into this.
Should I be mad at myself? Not at all. I was doing something I love very much for people who enjoy watching.
It was a stupid accident and there is nothing to be angry about. I am a bit upset because it disturbs my way of life but since I realize that my life has changed for the better. I am more determined and more focussed now. How can that be bad?

On a different note..I had my first check up yesterday since I got out of the hospital and I am not healing as quickly as they would like so I am still not able to work or drive for 3 more weeks!
Still, life is lovely!

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

Mark PBRONZE Member
old hand
1,031 posts

Posted:
Pele, it is wonderful to see such strength showing through in your last post

You are right why should people get angry with something like this, something has happened that has changed your whole lifestyle, yet you still come across as focused on moving forward in your life

Sorry to hear that the check up didnt go as well as planned but with the positive attitude you have towards this and a little help from PWB , I am sure it will seem like no time at all until your life is back in order.

*big hugs and get well thoughts*

Mark P

caniffisSILVER Member
60 posts

Posted:
Pele, sorry to hear that the check up didn't go well but look at it as more time to relax and to enjoy life with out work and the problem of other drivers, who are moveing to fast so they can experiance life and driving past it instead!

What you don't know won't hurt you? well i intend to get to know as much as possible so that i can make sure no one else has to so they carn't get hurt.

FireMikeZLaguna dude
1,438 posts

Posted:
sorry you're still stuck, Pele, but this is golden:

"Should I be mad at myself? Not at all. I was doing something I love very much for people who enjoy watching.
It was a stupid accident and there is nothing to be angry about."

brava!

molten cheers,

~ FireMike

FireMikeZ@yahoo.com (personal messages welcome, no promo spam, please!)
Laguna, California, US

dromepixieveteran
1,463 posts

Posted:
Experience comes devoid of form, shape, and many times doesnt have any meaning until you can put it into practice.

Pele, after what you've been through the end (which is in sight) is coming and you will be able to fully relax soon and get back off your feet. Thats something to look forward to!

Keep smiling, Drome

JUGGLEwithyourmind!

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
I thought I'd dig this up again as it does good to go over it every now and again.

Yesterday a couple of interesting events happened to me on the tube. As the doors slid closed it suddenly occurred to be that on a molecular level that simple movement which we take for granted, a solid moving through a gas, was fantastically complex. Billions of molecular interactions taking place, parting the air. It completely blew me away. Everything is amazing, even the simplest aspects of the simplest things we usually take for granted.

Two of the people who walked through the door before it closed was a mother with a young daughter. Her daughter was obviously very excited and in the manner of young children had none of the social barriers that normally separate fellow tube travellers. She treated the carriage as a playground and it's passengers as her friends. Soon strangers were talking to each other, a punk talking to a businessman, young to old. People were smiling and talking on the tube. It was a fantastic scene.

The two events combined and in relation to each other made me ecstaticly happy! So I thought I'd share.

SmallBoy - xCarpal \'Tunnel
2,737 posts

Posted:
Thanks man, you always help to bring life back into perspective.

Life is gooooooooooooooooood.

Mine is at present anyway

Happy hugz

Small Lardy Person In Disguise

dromepixieveteran
1,463 posts

Posted:
I love how children always can do that! I have seen it on busses, tubes, the park, you name it really!

Dom your post almost made me cry I guess you deserve an extra big hug for your birthday and for your sweetness!

Pele thanks for beginning this in the first place and to all those who have posted big thanks too!

Much love, Drome

JUGGLEwithyourmind!

Nephtysresident fridge magnet
835 posts

Posted:
*bump*
Just to make sure EVERYONE would read this, cos it's beautiful, thank you Pele.

everyone's unique except me

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
Life is beautiful.

Just i case ayone has forgotte

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
As a side-note, we are in our pulmonary sequence in school right now and we have now learned about what happened to Pele.

Acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS) secondary to aspiration pneumonia with chemical pneumonitis.

Pele, I've seen lungs from people who had similar injuries (albeit not from fire breathing)...except they didn't make it. Wow, am I glad you did.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

Ash Blackstarmember
177 posts

Posted:
This has really put things into perspective for me. A couple of nights ago, I recieved an email from a guy I've been in love with for almost a full year now. Six months ago, something happened that I'm not going to go into. He was comforting me, and took my saying that I needed a friend not a boyfriend at that point, as meaning beyond that night. He, being the little twit that he is, took that to mean forever. He, who also seemed to have been in love with me at the time, totally closed off all chance in his own heart of ever dating me, or being involved with me in any way other than friendship . This email, was informing me of this, after a question I asked. I ended up in this huge argument with him, and said some things to him I shouldn't have. I'm still heartbroken over this. I love this man, and I can't be with him in that way now.

However, regardless of the incredibly hurtful things I said to him, he forgives me, and wishes to remain my friend. I was resenting this, up until I started reading this thread. Reading about what has happened to you Pele, makes me realize that the closeness to losing a life, is far scarier and serious than simply losing a love. I sit here, reading these forums, and realize how many people I care about, and love, for all that I've never met any of you.

I do not currently have a boyfriend, but I have friends, a family that loves me, a job with coworkers that I like being around. I have my life, I have my eyes to see the wonderful sight of one of my cats playing with my shoes, the movement of my body as I dance, a voice that I can raise in glory to my God. I have ears to hear the beautiful sound of Ray Stevens voice singing the Shriners convention as I sit here writing this. I have hands to stroke over the soft fur of my cat. And with this all, I realize that the loss of a single romantic love, is eclipsed by these wonderful things that so many people forget they have, because they use them constantly. My thanks for this thread. My love and blessing to all.

and
Ashia

Ash Blackstar

"Sticks and stones may break my bones, But Whips and Chains excite me"
"Only way to deal with Drama, heavy weaponry and a strong does of grow the Hell up"

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" Adam Savage - Mythbusters

clairebearmember
52 posts
Location: jersey - Little rock, not quite there and almost h...

Posted:
I know I'm possibly repeating what a lot of people have said already, but it is wonderful how you can be pushed sometimes a little uncomfortably to open your eyes again and look with a wider perspective at your life, and give thanks for everything you have.
I recently and for the first time in my life damaged my back. Not too badly, but enough to imobalise me for a couple of weeks, this ment no walks, dancing, spinning. Even laying down was uncomfortable.
During this time I was accepted for a new job. so I now get to leave the corporate machine I have been working and worrying in for the last 8 or something years and get to start a new phase, working as a support worker, for adults with learning disabilities.
Laying there for a couple of weeks whith my mind rambling at will, I discovered that although I dislike my present job it has taught me a lot of useful lessons. But mainly that whatever youo do, as long as you can see the bigger picture and keep hold of it in your heart then nothing can really grind you down too much.
Life is such a wonderful thing, every day I'm thankful that I'm loved, that I have a roof over my head ,that I'm free to choose what I want to do with my life.
I'm also increadibly thankful that there are people like all of you out there in the world, you're all such wonderful bright sprites that make me smile and fill me with joy.
I admire so many of you, and just wanted to reach out with a few extra rainbow bubbles and snuggles.

Be Cautious of who you sniff, they could be an EnemyBig love and fluffy rainbow light in bundles. Bear xxx xxx xxx

GlåssDIAMOND Member
The Ministry of Manipulation
2,523 posts

Posted:
boing bump bounce wizz splat

Page: