• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 100.00 credit to your HoP account.

Forums > Social Chat > Moving to Perth - advice?

Login/Join to Participate

- cat -

- cat -

Total posts: 48
Posted:Hullo all..

I have been floating in the background on these boards for a while now - and just thought I'd stick my head in and ask for some advice ..

I am moving to Perth in February, to study Vet (my dream ubblove ) as the Uni is a lot cooler than UQ is wink

My question is.. I've never been to Perth (but am arriving there around the 7th of Feb) have heard nothing but lovely stuff about the place, and wanted to know if anyone twirly was either (a) interested in meeting up for a spin (I know there's the 'Meet Others' thingem that I'll try), or (b) had any advice in regard to where to not live (i.e. I noticed an oil refinery on the map, am assuming it may well be a bit stinky round these parts, noisy suburbs, not-so-good beaches (is there such a thing..?)) etc.. ? I am hoping to find somewhere nearish the uni (I think it's called the North Lake area), but will have a car and love trees and am actually living on a property where I am now with no neighbours (which is lovely).

So anyway.. just thought it was worth a shot! ubbidea I'd much appreciate anything anyone can throw my way!

my e-mail is themidnitecat@hotmail.com if ppls prefer..

Delete Topic

MiG
GOLD Member since Apr 2004

MiG

Self-Flagellation Expert

Total posts: 3415
Posted:i think either gnor and/or gita live around perth. not entirely certain though.

"beg beg grovel beg grovel"
"master"
--FSA

"There was an arse there, i couldn't help myself"
--Rougie

Delete

Posted:Gnor and Medusa would be your best bets for advice! Gita's no where near Perth. Unless she's moved there recently.
MiG, do you ever sleep? wink tongue

Delete

Puk
SILVER Member since Aug 2002

Puk

Sweet talented nutter

Total posts: 2615
Posted:Did you get my email ? .

that shrewd and knavish sprite

Called Robin Good Fellow ; are you not he that is frighten of the maidens of the villagery - fairy

I am the merry wander of the night -puk

Delete

Medusa
BRONZE Member since Nov 2003

Medusa

veteran

Total posts: 1433
Posted:The Swan Valley is a nice area to live in though it can be a bit pricey and a fair drive from the city centre...

I live in Thornlie. Gnor lives in Bassendean....there are lots of us twirlers all over the place.

Delete

Medusa

Medusa

veteran

Posted:ohhh and as for not so good beaches there are none in Perth hehehehe....

Did you also get my pm???

Delete

myco
BRONZE Member since Nov 2004

myco

Total posts: 2084
Posted:my mum just came back from perth and was raving about it. My boyfriend also lived there for a year or so, and i only ever hear lovely things about it. enjoy your new home smile

Delete

Medusa

Medusa

veteran

Posted:Perth is lovely....mostly because of gnor and me...hehehee...nah just kidding...

But Perth is the nicest city I have lived in or been too and I have travelled a lot....

Delete

funky_hats

funky_hats

eating apples with chopsticks can be rather difficult

Total posts: 167
Posted:subicao is great smile (thats where i live).. pretty iner-city and close to public transport, but it is getting quite pricey. Somewhere along the train lines would be best, heaps of people use them (and buses) to get around. but since you'd be going to murdoch (the only uni that does vets) you might want to go somewhere closer, south of the river.
and perth is great ~ you wont regret moving here! smile

Delete