Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Manchester Spinners Meet up Info + Stuff

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
juggle weavesmiley Manchester Spinner’s Meet up and stuff weavesmiley juggle

Hi all If you are looking for people to spin poi with in the North west this is the place to be.

For any one new to this sight DON’T READ THE WHOLE THREAD it has been going a long time and contains lots of old information and chat about previous meet ups and organisation stuff just go to the last few posts to find out the most up-to-date information on current events.

First a bit of info the Manchester spinners lot is no professional spinning troop or organised events it is just a group of people who get together to enjoy themselves. The first meet up was organised way beck in September 04 https://delizium.fotopic.net/c291964.html

The crowd has changed a bit from back then but we have kept a few old timers we welcome all along to come and join us for a spin whether you be experienced or a complete beginner we are willing to teach and learn from you.

Their is no set time for the meet ups they are usually organised around when people can make it and how long they can stay.

I will try to update this first post as often as I can with the most up-to-date info on meet ups and club nights that allow spinning but if I'm being a bit lax just find the last few posts foe up-to-date info (like I said before weren’t you paying attention)

To date the standard meets have gone as meet up in Piccadilly gardens at 4pm (nice central point where every one can get to) Then move on down to the Gas Works/CastleField or Plat fields Park depending on the wether till everyone gets to cold/tired/burned then on to the pub

( anybody who doesn’t know where this is it can be arranged for someone to come meet you at the train station or wherever you are coming from .) smile

{ ubblove We are a nice bunch like that ubblove}

Accommodation for a night can usually be arranged but you need to sort this well in advance no just turning up expecting somewhere to sleep eek

(more to be added and all to be spell checked soon)

pm me any info you would like to add

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
Yo, Project!

Have a look [Old link]

That'll give you some advice on Coloured flames...

Do you have a fumes mask if you're gonna be doing coloured flames? smile If you don't, I do. I can bring it.

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
Written by: PyroWill

Written by: liquid_bubblegum

hey....
ermm im jen, or bubbles, for those of you who may have a vague recollection of who i am....

Oh my god are you the lolly pop girl wink

bounce whoop whoop whoop!

parafins the best choice, can be obtained from pretty much any garage or hardware store smile

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

jacquiloumember
5 posts

Posted:
we are coming again, hopefully speak to a few people this time ,we got there really late last time so didnt really get chance talk to anyone ,but i think its gonna be late again as we going camping sat night in stafford, we were in the vwcamper with the little girl well my son is coming aswell this time to hopefully learn a few more moves that he can go and teach in his poi class that he is running at school (hes only in 1st year) what time do people normally stay till??

nutellamember
87 posts

Posted:
i should be there if all goes well, would be bringing my mate tiff along so dunno how long well stay as shes recovering from longterm illness. but as long as nothing tragic happens like oxford road disappears, we should be there!

american components, russian components, all made in taiwan!!!

ProjectBRONZE Member
25 posts

Posted:
SWEAT thanx.... i should be able to get my hands on some of that stuff on saturday i hope....

I dont have any face mask's left... so if u have any that would be cool if u could bring them with u...

Ill get as much fule as i think i can get away with tongue and C what Elaine is taking as am gettin a ride with her...

Wanna try my snakes with some colours me things that would look cool :P C yall sunday

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
Written by: Project

I dont have any face mask's left... so if u have any that would be cool if u could bring them with u...

Hmm... I worry that you have been using the wrong type of masks...

I don't mean those dust masks you use for DIY... they don't stop nasty chemical fumes...

I have a smog mask, which is reusable, and does stop nasty chemical fumes. smile

Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Be Water My Friend.

ProjectBRONZE Member
25 posts

Posted:
looking more closely at the dif colours and the chemicals used.. i dont think i can get them intime for sunday.. and i woul dbe happyer in testing them out for my self solo befor using them in a an area with large number of people for safety more than anything...

ill c if i can find some Boric Acid ( roach powder ) for green but blue and purple are new colours to me and reading about what shemicals are used in making those colours well would not be a good idea to use 1st time at the meet...

But how ever! if anyone already has a mix for blue and purple or any other colours for that matter let me know Cos would be Cool to try them out...Or better still bring some with u to the meet tongue....

ill be the guy in the fenchurch cap and Gray O'neill thing.... :s Hmmmm P.s will bring some of my Jewellery down if anyone wants to take a look at it or even buy some there only £6 each normal rrp is £12-30 tongue

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
Purple would be pretty!

*Thats one of my favourite Nurseries over there,*

Roman, Trippie Hippie,On the way back from Play Festival

tony830Member
58 posts

Posted:
heya, im new to this forum and i moved to manchester to go to uni. i LOVE circus skills, mainly poi and juggling, but im learning diablo and devil sticks. Ive been searching ages for meet ups and stuff. Would i be able to come and is it strictly spinning or can i juggle too?

tone xxxx

tony830Member
58 posts

Posted:
oh and ill be wearing black trousers, and a tshirt witha heart in it saying "enjoi" haha, so yeah im called tony if youre wondering who i am. smile

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
Yo tony!!

Anyting goes, I think they say wink

You're welcome to come along and do whatever you want!

Be Water My Friend.

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
fllleeerbbbbuuuuuuulllll flibberl flomp

uhg i hate working on friday night

see you all on sun will have the little woman in toe.

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
You have a little woman inside your toe Minty? That's odd....... how do you know she is there? Does she talk to you? Fozzy Bear has someone that talks to him in his finger in the Muppets treasure Island Movie (MR Fimble? I think). Is it like that?

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
Tobi do you and Jem still want to stay over at mine? If so I'm sorting my hole out for you now!

See you guys tommorrow!

ProjectBRONZE Member
25 posts

Posted:
I WANT A LOLLY POP!!!

Hmm lolly pop....

tony830Member
58 posts

Posted:
Name: Tony Armitage (Known as tone to everyone)

Hometown:Newcastle !

DOB:02/05/1987

Sex:male

Occupation(s): Used to work in price waterhouse coopers in the mail room. Currently no job. Wouldnt mind working in afflecs just juggling all day to advertise a shop or something !

Favorite Food(s): I LOVE food, i like pretty much everything, and like trying new foods from other cultures. Favourites have to be indian cuisine, chinese, japanese (althought i havent tried much of it) Id chose savoury over sweet any day.

Favorite Color(s): Man that a hard question. i love purple, and red/black together.

Toys: Juggling balls, clubs, rings, light poi. Hopefully getting soem devil sticks and a diablo soon !

Hobbies other than the obvious: i Love music, both listenigna nd producing. I DJ (mainly drum n bass) and i also play guitar. I can aopreciate all music genres (And i mean that). But nothings better to juggle too than drum n bass or hiphop.

Education: currently at manchester met studying physical geography.

Favorite Book(s): Im not hot on reading unfortunately. But i loved the hitchikers guide ot the galaxy and all the harry potters and adrian moles. I really like reading instruction manuels though :S

Favorite Movie(s): Not too hot on movies either ! but its got to be fight club, the matrix, ichi the killer and true lies !

Favorite TV show(s): magic shows. i used to really be into street magic but not so muhc anymore. I like music chanels and cooking chanels occasionally haha. its jsut easy wathching.

Plans for life in general: (i.e. what you want to do when you grow up). Hopefully a job where i can use my creativity. Hopefulyl low stress and low responsibility. I dotn aspire to be rich.

Favorite Music Artists/Composers: his could go on forever, but at the moment,

DJs

Andy C
hazzard
J Majik
Wikaman
Cyantific
Pendulum
Format
alo, jhest and yungun, coheed and cambria, farewell unkown, thrice, finch, matchbook romance e.t.c

Favorie ice cream flavor(s): ben and jerries all the way. Either cookie dough or cherry garcia.

Marmite, Vegemite, or Nutella? (please choose one...this is important as it is essentially this site's equivalent of stating your religion...we have religious wars, crusades, cathedrals to Nutella, all that.) MARMITE all the way, i love it and its healthy !

thats me in a hazel nut shell. If you want to hear about me in a walnut shell, juggle please ask for more info !!
tone xxx

ProjectBRONZE Member
25 posts

Posted:
dos anyone knopw wher ei can get the following ...

Boric acid...Copper Sulphate..Copper Carbonate ( green )

Copper-Arsenic compaounds.. copper chloride..calcium chloride ( blue )

Epson salts u can get from the chemist ( makes a white flame )..or Magnesium chloride

Anyone also tryed to import FireFX compounds? lookin on number of websites but not 1 will Export to the uk... can anyone help on places to get the above chems... thanx...

P.s ill bring some epson salts to the meet try out the white Flames :P

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
I have heard of some of them before, but unless Halfords or B & Q sell them i cant help you im affraid.

Owned by the lovely SNOOPoi
Owner of Clarence_Quack

ProjectBRONZE Member
25 posts

Posted:
np matey... think u need a high tem fule for epson salts tho its hard to get it to desolve in lamp oil...

O Yo Elaine got your tex but i have no credit to tex back i can get to yours for 2 np tongue

( just hopes she looks at the forum some time today lol )

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
I'll text her for you mate!

**Edit**

Texted! hug
EDITED_BY: house_of_mill (1140280372)

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
Yay can't wait, will anyone be around at about 2pm?

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
Tony, you're gonna want to use meths for those coloured flames. it's a lot easier to dissolve the chemicals in.

And you use lamp oil for fuel? Ugh... Dirty... tongue Paraffin all the way...

I'll bring my mask along for you to use, in case you do have a bash at some coloured flames... If I haven't found you by Then, Just ask around for LTC, or even Ed. That'll find me. But PLEASE don't burn chemicals until you do find me, and get that mask. smile Nasty stuff.

PS - that huge intro post up there is probably more suited to the introductions forum than here... smile

Be Water My Friend.

SeyeSILVER Member
Geek
1,261 posts

Posted:
Written by: tony830

Favorite Music Artists/Composers: his could go on forever, but at the moment,

DJs

Andy C
hazzard
J Majik
Wikaman
Cyantific
Pendulum
Format
alo, jhest and yungun, coheed and cambria, farewell unkown, thrice, finch, matchbook romance e.t.c

Word up man.
I'll have to chat to you on sunday!
I'm a dnb / hip hop man myself. You've mentioned some cool people in that list!

Anyways - Will chat to you about it tomorrow!

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
Will i can meet you tomorrow at 2 in the gardens, I'll PM you my number.

Owner of Clarence_Quack

devinestarnewbie
1 post

Posted:
wavehello i'm pretty new to poi but i got told to come along to the poi meet on the tomorrow, i'm deffo going.
i don't now anyone really apart from this guy i met a few days ago on urbis lol. but may have some of my other poi mates with me. hope to see you all there. smile

hamamelisBRONZE Member
nut.
756 posts

Posted:
I'm hopefully going to be coming too, I'm a total newbie and I don't know anyone, please be nice!
redface

THE MEEK WILL INHERIT THE EARTH!

If that's okay with you?

ProjectBRONZE Member
25 posts

Posted:
hehe.. U can all become freind as u laught at the dumb ass
( me ) messin with white flames tongue

If anyone has Fule that wil desolve Epson salts ie meths let me know would like to try it.. only use pariffin my self... Lamp oil is good if u add white Spirit to it but plz dont try it unless u know the right mix as to much = Boom flash flame no skin on face :S

Am pritty new to poi my self so feel free to laught at me tongue...

But i am a trained Fire Fighter So Have fun and be safe ;p

O and Ed ill try and find u matey.. u sound like u know what ur doin so wont do anything with out talkin to you 1st tongue...

ProjectBRONZE Member
25 posts

Posted:
Well looks like am not commin after all....

Just got a tex at 12:30 from Elaine saying shes bust her leg and she cant drive... so i cant get down as she was giving me a lift. (O hope your ok Elaine ) ... :-(

O well ... ill have to catch the nexted 1.. srry peeps .. hope u all have a good time.. and post some pic up or somthing...

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
sorry ot hear Project, was looking forward to watching you and Ed have fun with colours

hug & kiss to Elaine, get better soon honey smile

Devinestar & Triskaidekia, don't worry about being newbies, everyone is lovely and friendly smile

Owner of Clarence_Quack

fire_fairy_liquidBRONZE Member
enthusiast
287 posts

Posted:
srry guys cnt make it this month *cries* i cnt afford to get from st helens to manchester and back im afraid. oh and them chemicals mostly yu can buy in a chemists but you have to find the common names for them, i remember mrD attempting changing the colours of his flames but it didnt work.

i dnt think it will be safe to try either to be honest coz there is no way you can dissolve them into anything without the compound becoming unstable and either unlikely to burn or just blow up instead... trust me i know.

thanks for burning with me

Page: ......