Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Manchester Spinners Meet up Info + Stuff

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
juggle weavesmiley Manchester Spinner’s Meet up and stuff weavesmiley juggle

Hi all If you are looking for people to spin poi with in the North west this is the place to be.

For any one new to this sight DON’T READ THE WHOLE THREAD it has been going a long time and contains lots of old information and chat about previous meet ups and organisation stuff just go to the last few posts to find out the most up-to-date information on current events.

First a bit of info the Manchester spinners lot is no professional spinning troop or organised events it is just a group of people who get together to enjoy themselves. The first meet up was organised way beck in September 04 https://delizium.fotopic.net/c291964.html

The crowd has changed a bit from back then but we have kept a few old timers we welcome all along to come and join us for a spin whether you be experienced or a complete beginner we are willing to teach and learn from you.

Their is no set time for the meet ups they are usually organised around when people can make it and how long they can stay.

I will try to update this first post as often as I can with the most up-to-date info on meet ups and club nights that allow spinning but if I'm being a bit lax just find the last few posts foe up-to-date info (like I said before weren’t you paying attention)

To date the standard meets have gone as meet up in Piccadilly gardens at 4pm (nice central point where every one can get to) Then move on down to the Gas Works/CastleField or Plat fields Park depending on the wether till everyone gets to cold/tired/burned then on to the pub

( anybody who doesn’t know where this is it can be arranged for someone to come meet you at the train station or wherever you are coming from .) smile

{ ubblove We are a nice bunch like that ubblove}

Accommodation for a night can usually be arranged but you need to sort this well in advance no just turning up expecting somewhere to sleep eek

(more to be added and all to be spell checked soon)

pm me any info you would like to add

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

fire_fairy_liquidBRONZE Member
enthusiast
287 posts

Posted:
lol big meet should be good .... and erm gaza do you mean ur not gunna be there on the 19th???

in tht case i may need to find alternative transport home then * smiles sweetly at schitz* hiya schitz lol

hope everyone else is goin then on th 19th

and the mini meets was fun lol Seye is good looking btw lol (didnt just sa tht )

thanks for burning with me

=Flashpoint=SILVER Member
Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
Yes, I have to learn tightrope, and Millhouse n Tobi, you have to teach me to Unicycle as well. Darn it. This one's going to be hard

ohmygodlaserbeamspewpewpew!
ubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmile

hankyGOLD Member
117 posts

Posted:
hey all - not been on here for ages so appologies if i've missed naything but i cant b arsed to go through and look O:-)
i should be there at the meet but will probably be all on my lonesom :-(

it's a mad world...and i love it!!!

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Regarding the stag do I'm gonna try and get the leader to try and swing the stag party by the gasworks around 6ish...

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

syndiccellsGOLD Member
1 post

Posted:
Ok well ive not been to a manchester meet before, im hopefully going to come down from Lancaster, if any one else is coming from that area or getting a train from anywhere north of Manchester please let me know as i dont have a clue where to go.
Cheers all

GazzaBeeBRONZE Member
PoiBoi
627 posts

Posted:
Lee.... tell ya what, if I get back in time, I might show my face, and then give ya a lift back, but can't make any promises! xx

Stuck in my Poi comfort zone....

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
I got's my Hex-burner sortyed so gonna bring that along with a couple of mess-tins so we can get some brews going. feel free to bring your own tea/coffee, milk sugar etc to make brews. (i'll bring the water and disposable cups for everyone) smile

Owned by the lovely SNOOPoi
Owner of Clarence_Quack

Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
Good plan steaks, ill bring Gas...

SeyeSILVER Member
Geek
1,261 posts

Posted:
Umm - how do I get to the gasworks?

I'm planning on driving up, I remember steaks saying that I could park there but I cant remember for the life of me where.

Going to be coming up oxford rd if anyone can help.

ProjectBRONZE Member
25 posts

Posted:
Well hopfully ill be there on teh 19th...

will be my First meet with u guys so just look out for the big guy in with the fenchurch cap tongue..

should be gettin a ride down with Wild C if its still cool with her giving me a ride down... really dont wanna ride all that y with me poi and fule in my bag lol...

Hmmm snakes tongue gota love em tongue

devilstarSILVER Member
blue haired pyrovixen monkey girl!
155 posts

Posted:
wave to everybody! I'm gonna be there on 19th & will be celebrating mooving to Manchester! bounce Hell Yea bounce biggrin righty... These boxes ain't packing themselves, no matter how much I ignore them......

devil Blue is best, blue is beautiful
If I knew what I was looking for, I would have found it by now, but that would take all the fun out of it. - me
I never wanted to be different. I just wanted to be me - bmeshop.com

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
Yay for moving back to Manchester bounce

Seye i'll text you directions tomorrow wink

Look forward to meeting you Project smile

oh and flashpoint a hex-burner doesn't use gas, it uses Hexamine blocks, i should have about 4-5 hours worth of fuel with the blocks i have. so people dont haveto worry bout trying to light fire toys with lighters that might not work wink

Owner of Clarence_Quack

SeyeSILVER Member
Geek
1,261 posts

Posted:
cheers dude.

I might be going to nottingham on saturday night to watch a couple of mates DJ so I may be a bit of a mess (I've got to drive if we go, so no sleep for me!) but i'll definitely be back for sunday afternoon.

Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
No i know what hexiburners use. I was unclear that I will be bringing my gas stove

If I can find it.

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
oh ok Flashpoint, that will be cool smile

Owner of Clarence_Quack

HavokistBRONZE Member

2,530 posts

Posted:
i should be able to make the 19th tongue

i'll try to get skinny, john and helen to come too biggrin

We are the music makers, We are the dreamers of dreams,
Wandering by lone sea-breakers, And sitting by desolate streams;
World-losers and world-forsakers, On whom the pale moon gleams;
We are the movers and shakers of the world for ever, it seems.

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
If anbyone remmbers that scary corporate car park i stayed in last time, does anyone know if i'll get abused if i stay there again? or should i just do the gasworks pay to park thing, if so how much would it cost me say 2pm till 9pm if i did

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

enthusiast
287 posts

Posted:
guys im sorry but i may not be able to make it... im in st helens with my bf atm and it costs a bomb to get to and from manchester but i will try my hardest and gazza no worries if you cnt come .... dnt make a special trip just for me i was joking lol

but like i sed i will try my best to come ct tell for sur yet though although if i am coming il bring neil... my bf and he can show you what he can do (circus freak) almost as talented as hazel lol

anyhoos best get going practicing

enthusiast
287 posts

Posted:
does anyone know whether liverpool ever has regular meets???

if they do can someone pm me with the link coz i cnt find it anywhere

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
you dont look very far do you it was on the same page

[Old link]

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
Fire_fairy_liquid:

PLEASE do me a HUGE favour, and stop abbreviating words... Your posts are so hard to read. smile

I had to sit and stare at your post for a wee while before I could work out what it was you were trying to say.

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
wavehello folks - looking forward to Sunday muchly! :bounce bounce2 clap weavesmileydevil

Pete - surely not uni on the tightrope eek ubblol

Seye - yeah bring your clubs - I'll bring mine and you can teach me (and I'll make you look MUCH better biggrin ). You OK with directions to Gasworks now? not usre if Steaks is a driver of not and frnakly i find non-drivers who know the area well are hopeless at directions so if you need clarification PM me ur mobi or something.

Hazey moving to Manc??! woohoo

Will - the NCP carpark will probably cost you about £7 - not sure where you parled last time but they can be pretty awkward round there.....

Gazza and Lee!!!! hopw you get to make it for a little while at least.

Syndiccells - which station will you come into? PM me if you want my mobi

Phew! I'll go now biggrin see you sunday hug

'The last rays of crimson on the spindle tree as the cerise fruit splits and reveals its orange seeds in a gloriously clashing colour scheme no-one would ever dare to wear'
Euonymous Europeus

Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
William... Try and park on the road. Its free on a sunday...

I'll be doing that...

SeyeSILVER Member
Geek
1,261 posts

Posted:
Flashpoint - which roads am I heading for?

If anyone can give me some names I can look them up on a map.

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
Elaine: i can drive, jsut cant afford a car since i wrote my last one off. i also know manchester city centre very well from both driving and cycling around it, so i am quite good at directions. (ask Schitz)

As Flashpoint said its free parking on the road on sunday (Witworth street is the road the Gasworks are on) the car park there is £4 for the afternoon or something silly like that.

Seye i just text'd you directions wink call me ifyou need any more help.

see you all sunday biggrin

p.s. my bro got his glowstaff in the mail today, cant wait till i see it properly.

Owner of Clarence_Quack

SeyeSILVER Member
Geek
1,261 posts

Posted:
Cheers for the directions dude - Might go up beforehand and scout out parking (its not going to be pretty on sunday - who the hell wanted to meet up at that end of the weekend!)
Cant wait to see the glowstaff. I've just sussed out a whole load of new contact tricks so I'll bring the other staffs down too. In fact I'll bring all the toys down. I have a very short attention span and have to keep swapping all the time. Might even be able to show you those devilstick fishtails.

Wild Child - We can drop and pick up our clubs together. I can only manage about 20 passes of a basic cascade on a good day. I'll get it eventually. I'm just in no rush to learn anything cool

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
man i feel out of sink and like a stranger frown

hey....
ermm im jen, or bubbles, for those of you who may have a vague recollection of who i am....

tongue

i should still be there....if you can remember who i am eek

*note to self* get back on hop more! damn uni work....well errmm social life

im gonna stop now

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

ProjectBRONZE Member
25 posts

Posted:
WB jen,,, almost forgot u tongue ( joke )

Lookin forward to sunday be my 1st time so i hope all you women will look after me tongue....

Dumb question but need to bring fule down right? anyone got a prefrance? find lamp oil with abit of white spirit works wonders...

Or Fire water ( if u can get it out of new Z that is )... if anyone can tell me wher ei can pick up the cemicals to make blue and purple flames plz let me know... i got green and red...sorted but i dont have the cemicals for that so i though ill give blue and purple a crack...

C yall sunday
EDITED_BY: Project (1140116272)

PyroWillGOLD Member
4,437 posts

Posted:
Written by: liquid_bubblegum

hey....
ermm im jen, or bubbles, for those of you who may have a vague recollection of who i am....

Oh my god are you the lolly pop girl wink

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

PyroWillGOLD Member
4,437 posts

Posted:
Ed and myself will be getting in around 2pm if any early birds are up for wetherspoons?

Page: ......