Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Manchester Spinners Meet up Info + Stuff

Login/Join to Participate
Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
juggle weavesmiley Manchester Spinner’s Meet up and stuff weavesmiley juggle

Hi all If you are looking for people to spin poi with in the North west this is the place to be.

For any one new to this sight DON’T READ THE WHOLE THREAD it has been going a long time and contains lots of old information and chat about previous meet ups and organisation stuff just go to the last few posts to find out the most up-to-date information on current events.

First a bit of info the Manchester spinners lot is no professional spinning troop or organised events it is just a group of people who get together to enjoy themselves. The first meet up was organised way beck in September 04 https://delizium.fotopic.net/c291964.html

The crowd has changed a bit from back then but we have kept a few old timers we welcome all along to come and join us for a spin whether you be experienced or a complete beginner we are willing to teach and learn from you.

Their is no set time for the meet ups they are usually organised around when people can make it and how long they can stay.

I will try to update this first post as often as I can with the most up-to-date info on meet ups and club nights that allow spinning but if I'm being a bit lax just find the last few posts foe up-to-date info (like I said before weren’t you paying attention)

To date the standard meets have gone as meet up in Piccadilly gardens at 4pm (nice central point where every one can get to) Then move on down to the Gas Works/CastleField or Plat fields Park depending on the wether till everyone gets to cold/tired/burned then on to the pub

( anybody who doesn’t know where this is it can be arranged for someone to come meet you at the train station or wherever you are coming from .) smile

{ ubblove We are a nice bunch like that ubblove}

Accommodation for a night can usually be arranged but you need to sort this well in advance no just turning up expecting somewhere to sleep eek

(more to be added and all to be spell checked soon)

pm me any info you would like to add

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

shocked_prawnSILVER Member
old hand
865 posts

Posted:
i thought it was this sunday!

Proud Co-Owner of PoiBoi
Owned by J.A.C

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Yup, it's this Sunday...

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
i forgot aboyut the party! you guys will have to remind me cause im def up for that! bounce

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

PinkNigelPinker than thou
336 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Neon_Shaolin

Yup, it's this Sunday...

When I shall be working. Damn Lancashire County Cricket Club's fixtures...

Have a good'un, and I expect the best of you, Dave, as ambassador of all things pink down under...

A wise man once said: "You have two ears and one mouth, therefore you should shut the censored up and listen" (though, to be fair, he might not've put it _quite_ like that..)

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
Hi dave im so so so so sorry i wont be able to see you off on sun Im totaly gutted
iv gone home to get some uni work done with the sick time i have off from work

when do you actually leave????

may be we could hookup for a drink befor you go

so sorry man you will be missed big time

HHHHHHHHHUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

FelixwahSILVER Member
journeyman
81 posts

Posted:
is we still on for today we have some drizzly rain here in northwich im gonna come up anyway smile see ya'll soon smile

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
its rather dull here in manchester, but I will be along anyway with toys, fuel and my pipe biggrin

Owned by the lovely SNOOPoi
Owner of Clarence_Quack

FelixwahSILVER Member
journeyman
81 posts

Posted:
safe man see you there smile

pricklyleafSILVER Member
with added berries
1,365 posts

Posted:
Hey guys, sorry I missed this, (especially Dave frown ). I've been too caught up with moving house. Have an amazing time Dave, and I'll catch all the rest of you up later

Live like there is no tomorrow,
dance like nobody is watching
and hula hoop like wiggling will save the world.

“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
That was an excellent meet, despite the weather.

An excellent turn out. lots of regular faces and some new ones too. Even graced with a Mr Cantus and Miss Chelly_bean, which is always nice smile

Bring on Seye's birthday and the summer biggrin sunny

Owned by the lovely SNOOPoi
Owner of Clarence_Quack

pricklyleafSILVER Member
with added berries
1,365 posts

Posted:
Is fletcher moss still on for this weekend.

Sunday, normal time?

“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
yeh are we still on for this or somthing simlar

i need to start pestering people (dave told me to te he)

rarrBRONZE Member
rrragghh!
121 posts

Posted:
I've just moved to Manchester this weekend, so count me in for a meet in the near future smile

simtaBRONZE Member
compfuzzled
1,182 posts

Posted:
well i think this weekend is fletcher moss park for seyes bday

bbq and spinnin, and yeh im guessin normal kinda time, need to call seye up and have a word

"the geeks have got you" - Gayle

StealthPetestranger
13 posts

Posted:
September meets photos up now

www.st3alth.com/manchester_spinners

Video will be online soon in my youtube account

www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=stealthchicken

Hope you like

Pete

st3alth

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
so wheres fletcher moss? confused

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)

336 posts

Posted:
Get the (1)42 bus that goes to Didsbury (as opposed to the one that stops in Withington) and get off when you see the Didsbury and the Olde censored Inn pubs (on the outside of a left bend after you've been through Didsbury village). Cross the road, it's hard to miss the entrance to the park.

Or ride your bike down Wilmslow road until you've been through Didsbury village. Pass MMU's Didsbury campus on your left, then there'll be a left bend in the road with the Didsbury and the Olde censored Inn on your right. Go down the road between those two and seek out a parking spot, then look for the park entrance...

this might help

A wise man once said: "You have two ears and one mouth, therefore you should shut the censored up and listen" (though, to be fair, he might not've put it _quite_ like that..)

336 posts

Posted:
Hahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!

HoP automatically puts a censored in for the word for a male chicken!!!

teehee. Yes, I have spent the evening at the pub, but that's still funny.

pricklyleafSILVER Member
with added berries
1,365 posts

Posted:
Ah, I love le olde cocke inn! Unfortunately google maps doesn't do park names.

However, the MMU campus address is 799 Wilmslow road, M20 5RR I believe (completely from the top of my head, I can't believe I remember it!). The park entrance is directly opposite it, so google map that instead.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

336 posts

Posted:
 Written by: pricklyleaf

Ah, I love le olde cocke inn! Unfortunately google maps doesn't do park names.

However, the MMU campus address is 799 Wilmslow road, M20 5RR I believe (completely from the top of my head, I can't believe I remember it!). The park entrance is directly opposite it, so google map that instead.

The park entrance is directly opposite an entrance, but not the front one... And don't get confused with Didsbury park, which also has an entrance directly opposite an entrance to the campus...

pricklyleafSILVER Member
with added berries
1,365 posts

Posted:
ah yes, sorry, I forgot about that.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
confused

Creater of Jenisms(TM)

pricklyleafSILVER Member
with added berries
1,365 posts

Posted:
Just look for the Didsbury and olde [censored] inn, opposite the huge mmu campus. The pubs are right next to each other, you can't miss them. (Or the campus).

I think (someone correct me if this is wrong), that Fletcher Moss gardens are to the left of the pubs as you stand facing them, with your back to the uni.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
Fletcher Moss Gardens, Wilmslow Road, Didsbury, Manchester M20 2SW

https://www.manchester.gov.uk/site/scripts/documents_info.php?documentID=2236&pageNumber=1

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
i could be wrong

336 posts

Posted:
 Written by: pricklyleaf

I think (someone correct me if this is wrong), that Fletcher Moss gardens are to the left of the pubs as you stand facing them, with your back to the uni.

Spot on, no correcting necessary..

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
I'm going to be in Manchester for the evening on the 14th - anyone fancy meeting for a spin and/or drink?

Also, I'll be heading down to Bristol for the convention on the 15th after I finish work in Manchester and I'll have a bit of space in the car if anyone needs a lift down.

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

the_mods_stole_my_nameSILVER Member
travelling without moving
1,286 posts

Posted:
i'd have come to see you bov, but i'll be in turkey in the sun! sorry mate. oh btw.... can you tell me what knot you used to tie the popper on to the whip you made for me? it got broken at the weekend and i need to tie a new one on.

Heilige Scheiße, Batman kommt!

Reality is just a state of mind which occurs through a lack of lsd

XxX owned by devilsarmy XxX

O.B.E.S.E.

simtaBRONZE Member
compfuzzled
1,182 posts

Posted:
right

i talked to seye last night on the phone, he still doesnt have net access in his new house

he is working on the sunday but he finishes work at 4 on sunday so should do the meet then and he said he will come down for a bit with a few beers

damn soundcontrol is taking all his free time its really crappy

"the geeks have got you" - Gayle

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
Yep, it was a Double sheet bend

Not the best knot for it really, since it does slide off eventually, but it's so far the best I've found.
I'm conducting comprehensive tests (well, playing with my whips lots wink) to find a more secure, lightweight and streamlined knot to use - I'll let you know if I find one smile

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.