Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Manchester Spinners Meet up Info + Stuff

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
juggle weavesmiley Manchester Spinner’s Meet up and stuff weavesmiley juggle

Hi all If you are looking for people to spin poi with in the North west this is the place to be.

For any one new to this sight DON’T READ THE WHOLE THREAD it has been going a long time and contains lots of old information and chat about previous meet ups and organisation stuff just go to the last few posts to find out the most up-to-date information on current events.

First a bit of info the Manchester spinners lot is no professional spinning troop or organised events it is just a group of people who get together to enjoy themselves. The first meet up was organised way beck in September 04 https://delizium.fotopic.net/c291964.html

The crowd has changed a bit from back then but we have kept a few old timers we welcome all along to come and join us for a spin whether you be experienced or a complete beginner we are willing to teach and learn from you.

Their is no set time for the meet ups they are usually organised around when people can make it and how long they can stay.

I will try to update this first post as often as I can with the most up-to-date info on meet ups and club nights that allow spinning but if I'm being a bit lax just find the last few posts foe up-to-date info (like I said before weren’t you paying attention)

To date the standard meets have gone as meet up in Piccadilly gardens at 4pm (nice central point where every one can get to) Then move on down to the Gas Works/CastleField or Plat fields Park depending on the wether till everyone gets to cold/tired/burned then on to the pub

( anybody who doesn’t know where this is it can be arranged for someone to come meet you at the train station or wherever you are coming from .) smile

{ ubblove We are a nice bunch like that ubblove}

Accommodation for a night can usually be arranged but you need to sort this well in advance no just turning up expecting somewhere to sleep eek

(more to be added and all to be spell checked soon)

pm me any info you would like to add

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

loki.c1687SILVER Member
addict
546 posts

Posted:
why whats going on with fal??
mike.c

Rules and responsibities:
These are the ties that bind us.
We do what we do,because of who we are.
If we did otherwise,we would not be ourselves.
I will do what i have to do
And i will do what i must..

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
Just last one was a bit ofhell for mags to organise and he got a bit of crap for it so I dont think he wants to organise one this year, maybe if someone else did

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

GothFrogetteBRONZE Member
grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
i thought nate organised the last one *Runs away again* biggrin ubblol

Life's too short to worry about where you put your marshmallows

PyroWillGOLD Member
4,437 posts

Posted:
eek wink

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
Tobi Strap your Pro's to your Uni it'l look ace!

Is it really True about Fal5? Jesus, and BJC's so expensive, Erm I so wanna go, I'll let someone else decide for me!

*Thats one of my favourite Nurseries over there,*

Roman, Trippie Hippie,On the way back from Play Festival

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
last i read on fal5 was in maggs journal and he said fal 5 is on for easter weekend (the weekend before BJC) but he is after a new venue for it and he would post more info when he had sorted that out. but that was before christmas, so i dont know if anything has changed since then

Owned by the lovely SNOOPoi
Owner of Clarence_Quack

fire_fairy_liquidBRONZE Member
enthusiast
287 posts

Posted:
wat is the bfc though i am really intrigued lol please ssoneone pm me with the info bout the BFC lol and the reason i was asking if anyone lves in st helens is coz my bf lives there and wants to start coming but isnt sure bout the trains and stuf from manchester to st helens where he lives so i was wonderin if there was anyone else who lives in tht direction tht would be able to look after him on the way home lol hes only 16 and is very very talented in the fac tht he does diablo, juggle, spin, unicycle and i think it would be great fun for him to come along and make some new friends and maybe spn with fire a few timjes lol but its just the getting home at night hting thts a [censored] for him lol so if anyone can help at all please let me know and i can bring him along too lol

thank you all love you if you can help lol

thanks for burning with me

andythepoiaddict
508 posts

Posted:
hi gang! I PROMISE im gonna be there this time! woohoo biggrin

It's smashing to be back x

skribleBRONZE Member
155 posts

Posted:
i promise i will try to be there depemds on work!
hopefully i will see you all there tho!
hug

this apple juice is a bit milky isnt it?!

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
anyone gonna be at the [Old link]
provisional dates are next weekend. Asena might possibly coming up for it as well smile

Owned by the lovely SNOOPoi
Owner of Clarence_Quack

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
Andy You better be there, your far too good an illusionist with your constant dissapearing acts!

Anyone playing out tonight? www.monster-monster.co.uk

*Thats one of my favourite Nurseries over there,*

Roman, Trippie Hippie,On the way back from Play Festival

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
mill will you stop this laqst min stuff

tell us well in advance gurr

why dont you start a monster monster thread and post upcomming dates in it smile

well in advance hhhuuuggg

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

loki.c1687SILVER Member
addict
546 posts

Posted:
monster was ace!!!!
mike.c

nutellamember
87 posts

Posted:
monster was surreal

american components, russian components, all made in taiwan!!!

ProjectBRONZE Member
25 posts

Posted:
Hi there...

Sorry not been lookin on forum alot...

I live in middlewich Wild Child... work in northwich tongue

loki.c1687SILVER Member
addict
546 posts

Posted:
ello there pro!
Did anyone get any pictures from last night?

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Usually you have to wait till Tuesday for the Monster pics to appear on the site but the photographer seems to really like the pics as they're already up right now - the day after!

Just look at these!

https://www.monster-monster.co.uk/galleryPicture.php?image=100_6882.jpg&gallery=28-Jan%2028.01.06

https://www.monster-monster.co.uk/galleryPicture.php?image=100_6901.jpg&gallery=28-Jan%2028.01.06

https://www.monster-monster.co.uk/galleryPicture.php?image=100_7016.jpg&gallery=28-Jan%2028.01.06

https://www.monster-monster.co.uk/galleryPicture.php?image=100_6869.jpg&gallery=28-Jan%2028.01.06

https://www.homeofpoi.com/gallery/showpho...=500&page=1

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

PyroWillGOLD Member
4,437 posts

Posted:
lol i like Mike's make up, Mill yours was just rubbish wink

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
Dave's is awesome! Looks like an excellent night guys - Tobi's right, more notice and a separate thread please!

'The last rays of crimson on the spindle tree as the cerise fruit splits and reveals its orange seeds in a gloriously clashing colour scheme no-one would ever dare to wear'
Euonymous Europeus

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
Written by: Project

Hi there...

Sorry not been lookin on forum alot...

I live in middlewich Wild Child... work in northwich tongue

Not a million miles away then biggrin - I'll pm you my mobi num, maybe meet up or something

'The last rays of crimson on the spindle tree as the cerise fruit splits and reveals its orange seeds in a gloriously clashing colour scheme no-one would ever dare to wear'
Euonymous Europeus

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
bump

SeyeSILVER Member
Geek
1,261 posts

Posted:
I posted a message in the mini meet thread but I'll put one here too.

I moved to manchester a few weeks ago. I'd like to meet some of you guys and I havent had a proper spin in ages.

When's everyone likely to meet up?

ProjectBRONZE Member
25 posts

Posted:
Safe pics guys .. be cool to meet up with u all and final learn somthing more.. tongue

Got your number thanx Wide c....

Would have to come down with wide C some time as i dont know manC at all :s

Only place i know is the Apollo,Jillys, 1-2 other places... and that only cos i get a taxie lol tongue

not been back in manc for 3-4 years.. sorry to say bristol has been callin me for the weekends lol tongue

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
Preston you're welcome to a lift (i'm chief chauffeuse for the Northwich posse ubblol )

Seye - would be great to see you - you've seen the mini-meet thread and I think that's this coming Sunday (4th).
The next main meet is Sunday 19th Feb - prob meet up in Piccadilly gardens at 3, then move to the gasworks around 4 ish.

Don't worry too much about the waffle on here between now and then, it's perfectly normal for the Manc HoP contingent, in fact it's one thing we're REALLY god at biggrin ubblol

Check here a couple of days before and it'll all be a bit clearer and we'll meet you/guide you in/swap mobi numbers etc....

but of course in the meantime you're welcome to hang around for award-winning waffle - ice cream and maple syrup with that Sir? Or how about some cheesecake? Hang about for Kyle to arrive and there's bound to be some 'shroom pizza on the go, WIll's a dab hand with the spag bol, but unfortunately it comes with a massage umm, Oh and Peat's chocolate brownies are a joy and Tobi's breadmaker-cake superb.

Erm, we like eating biggrin

Euonymous Europeus

fire_fairy_liquidBRONZE Member
enthusiast
287 posts

Posted:
LOL WHO IS GOIN TO THE CHOC FEST'???

i wanna go but cnt get there sow as wondering if anyone was driving down and might be able to put towards the petrol (prays tht there is still someone with room lol )

eileen im guessing your goin i know what your like when it comes to chocolate lol

thanks for burning with me

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Offering him ice cream are you E? *wiggles eyebrows*, surly by now you know that ice cream is hop code for something naughty

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

SeyeSILVER Member
Geek
1,261 posts

Posted:
Written by: Wild Child

Seye - would be great to see you - you've seen the mini-meet thread and I think that's this coming Sunday (4th).
The next main meet is Sunday 19th Feb - prob meet up in Piccadilly gardens at 3, then move to the gasworks around 4 ish.

Don't worry too much about the waffle on here between now and then, it's perfectly normal for the Manc HoP contingent, in fact it's one thing we're REALLY god at biggrin ubblol

Check here a couple of days before and it'll all be a bit clearer and we'll meet you/guide you in/swap mobi numbers etc....

but of course in the meantime you're welcome to hang around for award-winning waffle - ice cream and maple syrup with that Sir? Or how about some cheesecake? Hang about for Kyle to arrive and there's bound to be some 'shroom pizza on the go, WIll's a dab hand with the spag bol, but unfortunately it comes with a massage umm, Oh and Peat's chocolate brownies are a joy and Tobi's breadmaker-cake superb.

Erm, we like eating biggrin

Sweeeeeeeeeet smile (err, and savoury?)

Hopefully I'll get to meet some of you soon smile

PyroWillGOLD Member
4,437 posts

Posted:
I ate a big red candle

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
Written by: PyroWill

I ate a big red candle

umm

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
oo er Mrs! And I get told off for offering ice cream ubblolubblol tongue

Euonymous Europeus

Page: ......