Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Manchester Spinners Meet up Info + Stuff

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
juggle weavesmiley Manchester Spinner’s Meet up and stuff weavesmiley juggle

Hi all If you are looking for people to spin poi with in the North west this is the place to be.

For any one new to this sight DON’T READ THE WHOLE THREAD it has been going a long time and contains lots of old information and chat about previous meet ups and organisation stuff just go to the last few posts to find out the most up-to-date information on current events.

First a bit of info the Manchester spinners lot is no professional spinning troop or organised events it is just a group of people who get together to enjoy themselves. The first meet up was organised way beck in September 04 https://delizium.fotopic.net/c291964.html

The crowd has changed a bit from back then but we have kept a few old timers we welcome all along to come and join us for a spin whether you be experienced or a complete beginner we are willing to teach and learn from you.

Their is no set time for the meet ups they are usually organised around when people can make it and how long they can stay.

I will try to update this first post as often as I can with the most up-to-date info on meet ups and club nights that allow spinning but if I'm being a bit lax just find the last few posts foe up-to-date info (like I said before weren’t you paying attention)

To date the standard meets have gone as meet up in Piccadilly gardens at 4pm (nice central point where every one can get to) Then move on down to the Gas Works/CastleField or Plat fields Park depending on the wether till everyone gets to cold/tired/burned then on to the pub

( anybody who doesn’t know where this is it can be arranged for someone to come meet you at the train station or wherever you are coming from .) smile

{ ubblove We are a nice bunch like that ubblove}

Accommodation for a night can usually be arranged but you need to sort this well in advance no just turning up expecting somewhere to sleep eek

(more to be added and all to be spell checked soon)

pm me any info you would like to add

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

=Flashpoint=SILVER Member
Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
sniper: youre naughty spank

ohmygodlaserbeamspewpewpew!
ubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmile

SniperBRONZE Member
Snoochie-boochie-noochies!
663 posts

Posted:
you know you love it :P

so anyone want these tix for faithless?

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
Erm I have a ticket printer attached to my Pc but no I cant print what you like as I need to get the ticket stock!

*Thats one of my favourite Nurseries over there,*

Roman, Trippie Hippie,On the way back from Play Festival

SniperBRONZE Member
663 posts

Posted:
if i give you the tix and some yellow tipp-ex can you change seating to standing?

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
Give me your booking ref

SniperBRONZE Member
663 posts

Posted:
s'ok all sorted.

*GingerAmy*member
31 posts

Posted:
How much u selling them for Sniper? 1 or 2 tickets? When is it exactly? It's next weekend isn't it? Hmmm...
I might be able to make the meet 2moro, woohoo! I'm working till 4, so i should be able to pop down afterwards, can't come to Boom though coz i've gotta do college work on Sunday so i need to be awake with a clear head. I've gotta fit about a year's work into the next month or so! Fresh start on monday before study leave!

~*~Awesome, oh wow! Like, †o†ally freak me ou†! I mean, righ† on! Amy sure is number one! ~*~

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
Ha ha I can spin fire again now my new toys arrived!

Have we a time sorted for tomorow? I'll prob head straight to the gaswork, too many wierdo's in the gardens for me!

tripologistmember
47 posts

Posted:
Written by: house_of_mill

Have we a time sorted for tomorow? I'll prob head straight to the gaswork, too many wierdo's in the gardens for me!

ubblol Says the guy who spins fire around his head for kicks...

But yea I agree, far too many idiots who see pretty things spinning and don't know whether they should break them or steal them.

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
so is everyone meetin at gas works straightaway then???

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
looks like it

but no Alice or Cantus frown frown frown

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
what are the chances of moving it to sun hu hu hu

ok taught no oh well see you all 2 mos

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
eh? no pink....? awwwww

should still be good though. if everyones goin gas works frist then ill meet ya all there then.

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)

northenblokenewbie
5 posts

Posted:
I know I'm from Manchester and I should know because of this but....................Am I right in thinking the Gasworks is down Whitworth street west off Oxford road? Ta peeps!

Peace

HavokistBRONZE Member

2,530 posts

Posted:
yeah, i think so, not too sure on names of streets, but it's near ish to lazer quest and the ritz

We are the music makers, We are the dreamers of dreams,
Wandering by lone sea-breakers, And sitting by desolate streams;
World-losers and world-forsakers, On whom the pale moon gleams;
We are the movers and shakers of the world for ever, it seems.

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
yeh just head down past sainsburrys on oxford rd

tripologistmember
47 posts

Posted:
Just got back from the meet. Everyone's still in the pub or at zoo. But ha, I have a fireplace.

Ty girl who gave me beer and ty kyle.

SniperBRONZE Member
663 posts

Posted:
how'd it go trip? was too shattered after jilly's just went home and passed out

HavokistBRONZE Member

2,530 posts

Posted:
no problem dude biggrin

'twas fun with muchos pizza tongue

'tis catching on ubbrollsmile

tripologistmember
47 posts

Posted:
heh I don't blame you Sniper. If I lived as far away as you and I'd gone home after Jillys I wouldn't be arsed moving again. It was ok but fewer people than expected turned up.

Kyle, there was pizza? How the [censored] did I miss that.

HavokistBRONZE Member

2,530 posts

Posted:
you missed it?

i had one, tobi had one, terri had one, and terri bought one and just sorta threw it in the middle of the cirlce where people were sat tongue

how?!?

tripologistmember
47 posts

Posted:
This must have been when I tried to go home people gave me things to smoke and I decided I was having to much fun to go home, so I walked all the way back to the gasworks.

Bleah, I have pizza here anyway.

robnunchucksBRONZE Member
enthusiast
363 posts

Posted:
bugger sorry all compleatly missed that one was it good

My nunchucks vital statictics biggrin

weight: 500g
handle lenght: 16 inches
chain length: 2 inches

tripologistmember
47 posts

Posted:
it was quiet. But northenbloke (sorry didn't get your name) and someone who came with him were doing diablo. They were pretty damn good to watch.

HavokistBRONZE Member

2,530 posts

Posted:
yeah, it was fun, and we finally have some diablo-ists biggrin and one of them devil-sticks too ubbrollsmile

tripologistmember
47 posts

Posted:
Yea, the devilsticks were well trippy. Never seen that done with fire before.

Might bring my little brother down soon, he does diablo. He's only 12 but he can do some pretty funky tricks.

HavokistBRONZE Member

2,530 posts

Posted:
he could probably learn a lot from the two diablo-ists, never managed to catch names though... but maybe thats because the didn't throw it...

*GingerAmy*member
31 posts

Posted:
When's the next one?
Me, Siy and Jayy have been out near Siy's doing poi and staff today. I'm sort of getting the hang of staff a bit and my poi is getting much better so i'm happy! Went to the Zoo last night, well good nite! Didn't go to the "after-party" thing though, me and Siy were knackered and skint, so we walked back to his in Salford, had some hot chocolate and got a good nite's sleep! Getting too old for this [censored]...

~*~Awesome, oh wow! Like, †o†ally freak me ou†! I mean, righ† on! Amy sure is number one! ~*~

=Flashpoint=SILVER Member
Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
It was a very good night, wasn't it? I'm still very messed up and tired...

Sorry to Kit, Matt, Jen and Martin for sloping off this morning, as I had to get back early doors for a rehearsal...

Thanks to Martin (Millhouse) for organising and inviting us all...

Thanks to Jen for beer, cigs and £1, and leftover kebab and poppadums... I hope you found that cash...
Do you still smell of toilet?

Thanks to Matt and Siy and Amy and Kit for totally tripping me out with dance moves...

Thanks to Northernbloke and his very drunk friend for crazy mad diablo and devilstix...

Thanks to anyone who passed me smokeable substances... ubbloco

I'm off now to catch up with my sleep. god knows I need it...

Amy: YOU'RE too old???? WTF do you think I am?

ubbrollsmile ubbloco weavesmiley ubbloco ubbrollsmile

ohmygodlaserbeamspewpewpew!
ubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmile

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
ubblol yeah guys thanx soooo much! god im still feeling dead! think i did pass out in the loo(never done that b4), and yes all i can still smell is that damn toilet spay stuff!

cheers millhouse for the sofa, sorry if i kicked u off or summut flash - remember seein u on the floor at one point.
thanx mr diablo/devilstick guys!

hello to amy and guys lol ur ubbloco hehehehe

i apolagise to everyone for gettin soo drunk! oh dear not again.

Creater of Jenisms(TM)

Page: ......