Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Manchester Spinners Meet up Info + Stuff

Login/Join to Participate
Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
juggle weavesmiley Manchester Spinner’s Meet up and stuff weavesmiley juggle

Hi all If you are looking for people to spin poi with in the North west this is the place to be.

For any one new to this sight DON’T READ THE WHOLE THREAD it has been going a long time and contains lots of old information and chat about previous meet ups and organisation stuff just go to the last few posts to find out the most up-to-date information on current events.

First a bit of info the Manchester spinners lot is no professional spinning troop or organised events it is just a group of people who get together to enjoy themselves. The first meet up was organised way beck in September 04 https://delizium.fotopic.net/c291964.html

The crowd has changed a bit from back then but we have kept a few old timers we welcome all along to come and join us for a spin whether you be experienced or a complete beginner we are willing to teach and learn from you.

Their is no set time for the meet ups they are usually organised around when people can make it and how long they can stay.

I will try to update this first post as often as I can with the most up-to-date info on meet ups and club nights that allow spinning but if I'm being a bit lax just find the last few posts foe up-to-date info (like I said before weren’t you paying attention)

To date the standard meets have gone as meet up in Piccadilly gardens at 4pm (nice central point where every one can get to) Then move on down to the Gas Works/CastleField or Plat fields Park depending on the wether till everyone gets to cold/tired/burned then on to the pub

( anybody who doesn’t know where this is it can be arranged for someone to come meet you at the train station or wherever you are coming from .) smile

{ ubblove We are a nice bunch like that ubblove}

Accommodation for a night can usually be arranged but you need to sort this well in advance no just turning up expecting somewhere to sleep eek

(more to be added and all to be spell checked soon)

pm me any info you would like to add

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

FelixwahSILVER Member
journeyman
81 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Neon_Shaolin

Could you contact Ste and Scott and tell them about the meet this Sunday?

sorry man didnt get the message till well now lol i will drag em down to the next one smile watch out for that ste he undresses you with his eyes.

I had hope disks until some jeb end stole my bike took the disks off and sold it on. I found the bike was fair gutted tho angry

was the meet good?? boo i missed it frown

trixxi_da_pixxinewbie
13 posts

Posted:
hey i missed this last meet but wens the next one i went to DPercussion it was ok did some spinnin got a bit mashed.....but i hadent slept that nite so i was a bit worse for wear...lol peace

the pixxi.....

cookies and cuddles...

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
The next one I believe to be Neon's going away meet on Sunday the 2nd September (weekend before Falmouth 7).
Also to be held at Castlefield on the grassy area above the arena.

Owned by the lovely SNOOPoi
Owner of Clarence_Quack

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
My 'Leaving' meet is a bit of a cheat as I actually leave about a week and a half after it! But it leaves the next weekend free for Falmouth. But do come! If only to meet sure England has finally gotten rid of me. biggrin

The grassy area is only an option if it's not wet or pissing it down. If it gets REALLY wet we can go under the railway bridge next to it.

Josh! Argh! But I've just realised I could've looked for them on myspace. Dammit.

Steaks I won't be at Pride as I object to paying 15 squid to get into a street full of bars. Instead I'm off to Edinburgh to check out the festival for a weekend. Have fun if you do go. Oh yeah, if you DO have that SIM card that'd be sweet, I had long forgotten about it! sorry frown

MASS BURN AT THE NEXT MEET ANYONE? (Unless the impromptu Tony Wilson memorial is still there...)

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
Dave when are you of to eds? I'm off tommorrow?

Dale those bikes wont have anything near as good as mine, without sounding snobbish but mine are bling tastic so blingtastic toy wont find a picture of them anywhere until I take one!

Just got these https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?V...A:IT&ih=001

I love bargains!
EDITED_BY: house_of_mill (1187642469)

*Thats one of my favourite Nurseries over there,*

Roman, Trippie Hippie,On the way back from Play Festival

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Millhouse I'm off to Edinburgh on Friday coming back Monday. You?

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
I'm coming back on thursday night, I'll leave a trail of blood and distruction in my path

Mainly my blood and the destruction of my bike after Glentress and Inners!

loulou27SILVER Member
30 posts

Posted:
hey all!!!!
sry for bein out of contact, comp that time forget is bad for my patience redface
Hope all's doing grand!
Am back on thurs for another year of forgetful mishaps! Yippie!!!
Cant believe your actually leavin Dave! Shall try and be at 2nd meet xx
Steaks see you at pride!!! i thinks i'll have lost my voice by sat if alll goes well biggrin
Anyone else going?

ChellySILVER Member
Niraffe
884 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Neon_Shaolin

Millhouse I'm off to Edinburgh on Friday coming back Monday. You?

Ooooh, ooooh!!! We're not leaving Edinburgh until Sunday, then off to bonnie Glesgae!

Is we all coming out to play? bounce hug

"Lots of beeping. And shaking and tinfoil." Chelly

"Are you sure it's a genuine test and not a robot heroin addict?" Cantus

---set free by the rather lovely FireTom---
--(right arm owned by Fyre)--

pricklyleafSILVER Member
with added berries
1,365 posts

Posted:
Ooo, I'm off up to Glasgow on Friday until Monday morning!

Live like there is no tomorrow,
dance like nobody is watching
and hula hoop like wiggling will save the world.

“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
I broke my elbow and did some serious damage to my wrist

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
eek

awww tobi! hug

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

thesynapseSILVER Member
28 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Mint Sauce

I broke my elbow and did some serious damage to my wrist

That is SOOOO uncool.

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
At least you dont ride for hope anymore you'd be screwed, you can still unicyle and plate spin though!

=Flashpoint=SILVER Member
Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
how serious? And who's free next weekend? Text me.

ohmygodlaserbeamspewpewpew!
ubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmile

shocked_prawnSILVER Member
old hand
865 posts

Posted:
i am, though im always free smile

hope your ok tobi

Proud Co-Owner of PoiBoi
Owned by J.A.C

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
Next weekend is a Manchester meet for Daves leaving.

Hope your ok Tobi and it heals soon.

Owner of Clarence_Quack

pricklyleafSILVER Member
with added berries
1,365 posts

Posted:
Sorry to hear that Tobi! I was going to ask how you were, it was a very impressive fall. Hows it feeling now?

“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Ouch... I'm guessing that spinning or any other physical activity is out of the question? You coming to the meet then Tobi? If not because you want to recover I understand... frown

For those who are definitely coming to the next one - anyone fancy a mass burn? About 8-9pm? i.e. when it gets dark enough?

From about 3pm-ish at Castlefield?

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
whos going falmouth?

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
Mass burn sounds excellent, but will have to see about something else on friday, should be able to though.

Afraid I can't manage falmouth. Can't afford it frown

Owner of Clarence_Quack

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
I want to go but it now all depends on lifts...

Plus with the prospect of Seye and Pete's birthday bash I'm not sure if I'm too arsed...

pricklyleafSILVER Member
with added berries
1,365 posts

Posted:
Yeah, can't afford, plus a very very long way to go...

And when there's an alternative up here...

Ralph Waldo Emerson

FelixwahSILVER Member
journeyman
81 posts

Posted:
yeh man mass burn on i will bring my camera smile

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Cool Josh! You wanna inform your posse of this or shall I?

FelixwahSILVER Member
journeyman
81 posts

Posted:
we both can. seeing as they are stereotypical lazy stoners i dont think a bit of extra encouragement would go a miss wink

FelixwahSILVER Member
journeyman
81 posts

Posted:
where is wildchild btw?? she on holiday or something? she usually kindly gives me a lift, no worries if ahe aint about i will just have to leave at bout 9ish me thinks frown

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Eek.

Yes she's on holiday but MAY be back in time for the meet on Sunday...

Best make contingency plans though...

FelixwahSILVER Member
journeyman
81 posts

Posted:
yeh tis ok if she doesnt come i will just have to get the train bak no biggy. steaky should have your dollar as well bud smile

Pearnewbie
3 posts

Posted:
Heya guys, I've posted on the introduce yourself boards but I thought there's be no harm in giving a quick "Hey" on here too.

My name's Carl but generally known as "Pear". I'm 24 and live in Glossop, Just outstide Manchester. I'm new to poi but have been spinning devil sticks and diablo for over a year.

I heard about this site from a friend, who got me into poi, but I don't think he's ever actually posted or met any of you guys. He asked me if I fancied coming along and I said yeah, I'll have a look into it. Which brings me nicely to my whole point of being here wink

Am I right in saying the next meet is on this sat? if so that sux coz I know we can't make it. But I hope to keep an eye out for the next one.

thanks x