Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Manchester Spinners Meet up Info + Stuff

Login/Join to Participate
Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
juggle weavesmiley Manchester Spinner’s Meet up and stuff weavesmiley juggle

Hi all If you are looking for people to spin poi with in the North west this is the place to be.

For any one new to this sight DON’T READ THE WHOLE THREAD it has been going a long time and contains lots of old information and chat about previous meet ups and organisation stuff just go to the last few posts to find out the most up-to-date information on current events.

First a bit of info the Manchester spinners lot is no professional spinning troop or organised events it is just a group of people who get together to enjoy themselves. The first meet up was organised way beck in September 04 https://delizium.fotopic.net/c291964.html

The crowd has changed a bit from back then but we have kept a few old timers we welcome all along to come and join us for a spin whether you be experienced or a complete beginner we are willing to teach and learn from you.

Their is no set time for the meet ups they are usually organised around when people can make it and how long they can stay.

I will try to update this first post as often as I can with the most up-to-date info on meet ups and club nights that allow spinning but if I'm being a bit lax just find the last few posts foe up-to-date info (like I said before weren’t you paying attention)

To date the standard meets have gone as meet up in Piccadilly gardens at 4pm (nice central point where every one can get to) Then move on down to the Gas Works/CastleField or Plat fields Park depending on the wether till everyone gets to cold/tired/burned then on to the pub

( anybody who doesn’t know where this is it can be arranged for someone to come meet you at the train station or wherever you are coming from .) smile

{ ubblove We are a nice bunch like that ubblove}

Accommodation for a night can usually be arranged but you need to sort this well in advance no just turning up expecting somewhere to sleep eek

(more to be added and all to be spell checked soon)

pm me any info you would like to add

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

fire_fairy_liquidBRONZE Member
enthusiast
287 posts

Posted:
whats that video of... i cant see it?

thanks for burning with me

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
dunno, as soon as it started playing the cat sat the my keyboard following the staff and I couldn't see anything ubblolubblol

He thought it was pretty cool tho ubbrollsmile

'The last rays of crimson on the spindle tree as the cerise fruit splits and reveals its orange seeds in a gloriously clashing colour scheme no-one would ever dare to wear'
Euonymous Europeus

Carrot_GirlClose your eyes and make a wish
194 posts

Posted:
sorry I missed you all, now I've got the car back I should be able to get to the next one. Yay!! Pizza and cake? i like your style wink

So what did i miss? details please!

Life is a journey ... not a guided tour.

simtaBRONZE Member
compfuzzled
1,182 posts

Posted:
you missed a unicycle with a huge wheel

"the geeks have got you" - Gayle

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
Pizza is pretty much the norm at meets, the cake however was for mr Mint_Sauce's birthday, and it was delicious (Thanks Terri for that)

Mill has a new unicycle with a monster 26" wheel (least i think it was that big), everyone gave each other lots of hugs, most people were nursing hangovers, it rained quite a bit towards the end, lost of spinning and a degree of pegging. Think that covers pretty much everything that happened.

And who was the person that pegged me in the middle of my back? I didn't find it until the next morning when i was putting my jumper on for work.

Was great to see everyone there, epsecially a couple of new faces biggrin

Owned by the lovely SNOOPoi
Owner of Clarence_Quack

simtaBRONZE Member
compfuzzled
1,182 posts

Posted:
for once i was not one of the ppl nursing hangovers spank

me n seye worked out a silly fishtail stepover thing, and my practise staff got messed up.

i spent the next day sorting it out whilst seye built a desk, i also learnt to juggle 3clubs bounce2

FractosDirty Fire Project
133 posts

Posted:
hey folks smile

it was nice to meet you guys, enjoyed it smile

especially enjoyed the cake, most scrummy smile

Seeyou next time!

~aFx

oOo
You see, you already know circle-theory,
you just don't *know* that you know.

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
i doubt its too early to arrange the next meet is it? wink

had a wicked time too! apart from the pegs, im paranoid now eek

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

simtaBRONZE Member
compfuzzled
1,182 posts

Posted:
good to meet you to fractos

bubbles-the pegging should just make u feel popular not paranoid grouphug

lookin forward to the next meet

firelightBRONZE Member
67 posts

Posted:

yeah sunday was funny full of laughs and smiles. its was nice to see everyone again, i love spining with everyone on sunday like always it was a good met. its nice to met and greet sum new faceas as well. looking forward too next met up.

love fire to play with, love the wonderful colours in the fire.

nutellamember
87 posts

Posted:
i found a peg on the sofa the next day, im assuming i got pegged and brought it home and let it watch tv all night.

american components, russian components, all made in taiwan!!!

194 posts

Posted:
 Written by: steaks

a degree of pegging.

Pegging? is this a new urban art form? or a higher incarnation of 'tag'? Or something more sinister??!

umm

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
Written by: steaks Mill has a new unicycle with a monster 26" wheel (least i think it was that big),

Hate to be fussy but its a 700cc , it make is sound way bigger!

Ohh and I hate to use hop to do this but does anyone want to buy a brand new(still in sealed box)Sony Ericsson J220i with a Vodafone sim? I cant afford to keep it I only want about £25 for it

*Thats one of my favourite Nurseries over there,*

Roman, Trippie Hippie,On the way back from Play Festival

simtaBRONZE Member
compfuzzled
1,182 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Carrot_Girl

a degree of pegging.

Pegging? is this a new urban art form? or a higher incarnation of 'tag'? Or something more sinister??!

umm

it is a higher incarnation of tag, if you look here ---> [Old link] you should find all the information you seek

skribleBRONZE Member
155 posts

Posted:

And who was the person that pegged me in the middle of my back? I didn't find it until the next morning when i was putting my jumper on for work.

ubblolsorry think that may have been me what can i say you were an easy target!

this apple juice is a bit milky isnt it?!

enthusiast
287 posts

Posted:
right i warn everyone now at the next meet there will definatly be some pegging goin gon and il be responsible lol mooo hahaha

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
holy moley I've just found out my cousin manages this
www.duffyscircus.com

*Thats one of my favourite Nurseries over there,*

Roman, Trippie Hippie,On the way back from Play Festival

curlywurlynewbie
19 posts

Posted:
Post deleted by curlywurly

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Well I think the youngest poi spinner who goes to meets is 14 or something, not sure which part of england hes in though.

There should be another one starting to be arranged very soon, if you check back over the next few days im sure something will have been posted.

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

firelightBRONZE Member
67 posts

Posted:

when is the next meet up because i will have some new fire poi to play with. which im looking tp setting them on fire. plus i cant wait to play with fire with my new play toy.

stakemember
29 posts

Posted:
Hey guys, long time no spin. I'm sorry i havn't been to any meets recently, but i have an excuse, see, i'm movin off to the magical land of ire....land so, i'm gonna miss you all. Please could somone direct me to a meets page for northern ireland? Anyone going to cookstown?, i'll see you there. Peace out.
Stake

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
so whos coming pip?

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

simtaBRONZE Member
compfuzzled
1,182 posts

Posted:
i reckon im going pip i think :P (thinks about the amount of times i say im going to things, then mysterious forces intervene)

194 posts

Posted:
I wish i could go to pip! I'm going to see Lily Allen at the academy though. Damn! Still should be a good gig wink

enthusiast
287 posts

Posted:
again i wish i was able to go but due to lack of funds and the fact im working yet another event im missing im starting to think im just destined never to go to an event lol even though im thinking about getting some stilts and i might be silt poiing soon which is great fun.

skribleBRONZE Member
155 posts

Posted:
i should be going looking forwward to meeting some loverly spinners and sleeping in a church lol

this apple juice is a bit milky isnt it?!

firelightBRONZE Member
67 posts

Posted:
what does pip mean, plz and its all about plz. is it sumthing to do with spinning.

tony830Member
58 posts

Posted:
https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?V...E%3AIT&rd=1

for anyone thats interested in starting, these are pretty nice tail poi !

tone xxxxxxxx

194 posts

Posted:
hey tone, I'm interested - are those all the colour combos?

x

the_mods_stole_my_nameSILVER Member
travelling without moving
1,286 posts

Posted:
get the HoP ultra poi if it's tails you want. the tails are removeable by velcro, so they are quite versatile.

Heilige Scheiße, Batman kommt!

Reality is just a state of mind which occurs through a lack of lsd

XxX owned by devilsarmy XxX

O.B.E.S.E.