Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Manchester Spinners Meet up Info + Stuff

Login/Join to Participate
Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
juggle weavesmiley Manchester Spinner’s Meet up and stuff weavesmiley juggle

Hi all If you are looking for people to spin poi with in the North west this is the place to be.

For any one new to this sight DON’T READ THE WHOLE THREAD it has been going a long time and contains lots of old information and chat about previous meet ups and organisation stuff just go to the last few posts to find out the most up-to-date information on current events.

First a bit of info the Manchester spinners lot is no professional spinning troop or organised events it is just a group of people who get together to enjoy themselves. The first meet up was organised way beck in September 04 https://delizium.fotopic.net/c291964.html

The crowd has changed a bit from back then but we have kept a few old timers we welcome all along to come and join us for a spin whether you be experienced or a complete beginner we are willing to teach and learn from you.

Their is no set time for the meet ups they are usually organised around when people can make it and how long they can stay.

I will try to update this first post as often as I can with the most up-to-date info on meet ups and club nights that allow spinning but if I'm being a bit lax just find the last few posts foe up-to-date info (like I said before weren’t you paying attention)

To date the standard meets have gone as meet up in Piccadilly gardens at 4pm (nice central point where every one can get to) Then move on down to the Gas Works/CastleField or Plat fields Park depending on the wether till everyone gets to cold/tired/burned then on to the pub

( anybody who doesn’t know where this is it can be arranged for someone to come meet you at the train station or wherever you are coming from .) smile

{ ubblove We are a nice bunch like that ubblove}

Accommodation for a night can usually be arranged but you need to sort this well in advance no just turning up expecting somewhere to sleep eek

(more to be added and all to be spell checked soon)

pm me any info you would like to add

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
Usual meeting time is between 3-4pm at the Gasworks.

The Gasworks are located on Withworth Street West, roughly half way between Oxford Rd Station and Deansgate Station, Opposite the old Hacienda night club.

I am willing to do a meet and greet in Piccadilly Gardens, outside Cafe Nero/the Rice Bar at around 3 pm. I will be wearing a large red & black striped gnome hat with my name on the side so people recognise me.
Anyone wanting to take advantage of this service, PM me first so I can give you my number incase you get stuck.

As for the teaching stuff and borrowing of toys I am available for both.
See you all sunday bounce2

Owned by the lovely SNOOPoi
Owner of Clarence_Quack

_pOp_BRONZE Member
Playing OldSchool Poi
593 posts

Posted:
I'll only be taking my socks with me, I already have loads to carry, because my gf is moving here for a year (master studies) so I'll have to commute from amsterdam to manchester once every while.
I reckon I'll be able to find the gasworks on my own by sunday.

maybe till then,

meditate eRic.

I'm not normally a religious man, but if you're up there, save me, Superman!

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Hey non, how far are you from manchester? Like steaks said we meet between 3pm and 5pm at the gassworks, (sometimes occasionally at picc gardens but thats more in the summer months), it dosent usually pick up till around 4pm onwards so if you have to go at five it might be a little small at that point.

You might want to try and blag a few extra hours maybe? But if you live really close and traveling time is very short then maybe 5pm will be ok. Just thought ide give you a quick heads up. Let your parents know there will be plenty of responsible adults there, there allways is, and even us young'uns are all responsible. We all actually know each other pretty much too so we dont get wierdo's appearing...with the exception of cantus sometimes!

*runs away*

If anyone gets confused (allthough no one should im with Dave on that) its the gassworks between 3pm onwards up tilll uuum say 10-11ish.

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

x_non_xmember
61 posts

Posted:
i live about 45 mins away from the town centre, managed to be able to go home for 7:30 which means i should be allowed t stay until 6, grr

if i can get in touch with my mum before then i'll try and get a little longer smile

Gremlin_Loumember
131 posts

Posted:
Yay. as i've now quit my job/got fired, i'll be able to come along! See you there!

'If your deeds shouldn't be known, perhaps they shouldn't be done, if your words shouldn't be shared, perhaps they shouldn't be spoken. Act with attention, for all your acts have consequences" (Rabbi Judah HaNassi)

simtaBRONZE Member
compfuzzled
1,182 posts

Posted:
steaks - if im comin by train on sunday ill meet u in piccadilly gardens, but theres a possibillity that i mite be comin up on sat to stay at seyes, shall keep u posted

x_non_x - no need to be shy wave

see you all on sun

"the geeks have got you" - Gayle

TheDanBRONZE Member
3 posts

Posted:
Hello, I have been doing devilsticking for a while now, but a few weeks ago i saw someone doing poi and it really interests me, i want some, perhaps even some glow in the dark ones, but perhaps i should try/make/borrow/swap some before i spend actual cash on them.

Also at dpercussion i saw someone with a glow staff and that also looked amazing so im gonna try really hard to join you on sunday, gasworks is on witworth street innit?

skribleBRONZE Member
155 posts

Posted:
witworth street west head down towards the ritz follow the road round the gasworks is the archways on the left
nice to see so many newbies!

this apple juice is a bit milky isnt it?!

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
boop boop de doop

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

fire_fairy_liquidBRONZE Member
enthusiast
287 posts

Posted:
right we might be goin now im sorry bout my rant in my last post but it just annoys me when people try to complicate things.

me and brendan will try to get there tomro should be a laugh and who knows if we can get more pictures he might be able to use them for advertising for his performances lol

see you all tomro

thanks for burning with me

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Cool biggrin

My Fire Snakes just arrived this morning, ill deff be bringing them, I'll keep them virgin until the night. OW! shamone!

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

simtaBRONZE Member
compfuzzled
1,182 posts

Posted:
shamone mofo

all about the snake action. jus talked to seye on the phone, is shaping up to be a good meet i reckon

SeyeSILVER Member
Geek
1,261 posts

Posted:
Realy looking forward to this one.

A happy birthday spin for mr mint sauce and there should be a fair turnout from the people who usually can't make it.

pricklyleafSILVER Member
with added berries
1,365 posts

Posted:
Ok, looks like I'm making my own way down for this. Soooooo...

any final tips on finding the place.

Please bear in mind that, despite the fact I actually live here now, I have no idea of how to find my way around the place.

Any distinguishing landmarks?

Live like there is no tomorrow,
dance like nobody is watching
and hula hoop like wiggling will save the world.

“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
Mmm which Uni to bring? 20 or the 700cc? Ride one carry one might be the best option

*Thats one of my favourite Nurseries over there,*

Roman, Trippie Hippie,On the way back from Play Festival

Carrot_GirlClose your eyes and make a wish
194 posts

Posted:
gutted, i can't make it today. Have a fab time without me!

the hangover is bad...

x

Life is a journey ... not a guided tour.

x_non_xmember
61 posts

Posted:
hmm if you get the free number 2 bus to oxford road station then turn left when you walk down the little hill and it's not really hard to miss, that's all i can say

firelightBRONZE Member
67 posts

Posted:

cant wait to cum long to this met up ive not been for sum time now. looking forward to see everyone.

love fire to play with, love the wonderful colours in the fire.

=Flashpoint=SILVER Member
Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
Oi!
I'm hungover too, and I have further to go Mr Susan!

ohmygodlaserbeamspewpewpew!
ubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmile

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
ditto hungover spank

but will be there later - more n liely with a Cantus and possibly with a Trippie - see you soon hug

'The last rays of crimson on the spindle tree as the cerise fruit splits and reveals its orange seeds in a gloriously clashing colour scheme no-one would ever dare to wear'
Euonymous Europeus

Carrot_GirlClose your eyes and make a wish
194 posts

Posted:
 Written by: =Flashpoint=

Oi!
I'm hungover too, and I have further to go Mr Susan!

Further? I thought blackburn was at the end of the earth ...

Anyway I have both hangover and psychological damage... woke up with vague memories of wrestling a ginger beardy bloke in the midst of the party.... redface

Note to self, no more wrestling strange men...

Life is a journey ... not a guided tour.

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
Will strikes again..... umm ubblol

'The last rays of crimson on the spindle tree as the cerise fruit splits and reveals its orange seeds in a gloriously clashing colour scheme no-one would ever dare to wear'
Euonymous Europeus

_pOp_BRONZE Member
Playing OldSchool Poi
593 posts

Posted:
hello again,

well, I figured out where the gasworks is, and also plattfieldpark.
and since the park is halfway between where i'm staying and the gasworks, and the indian event starts at 3 pm as well, I don't know if I'll make it to the gasworks, me and my gf will be going to the park, and I'll be spinning some colorfull stripy sockpoi. I'll try to speak to other spinners if I see them.
so, maybe see you there?

meditate eRic.

I'm not normally a religious man, but if you're up there, save me, Superman!

pricklyleafSILVER Member
with added berries
1,365 posts

Posted:
Hey guys!

Had a great time tonight, really good meeting you all finally.

Shame I had to leave early, but I have an essay needing finishing, and lots of other stuff to do. Hopefully be able to stay a bit later next time though.

Hopefully see you all again soon!

Live like there is no tomorrow,
dance like nobody is watching
and hula hoop like wiggling will save the world.

“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
Yeah, nice chilled out meet guys, lots of pizza, lots of cake ,lots of hugs - what more can you ask of a rainy sunday night shrug hug

Euonymous Europeus

=Flashpoint=SILVER Member
Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
Yes Holly, please come again so I can make some jokes about Red Dwarf, and you can teach me how to club juggle properly.

smile

ohmygodlaserbeamspewpewpew!
ubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmile

fire_fairy_liquidBRONZE Member
enthusiast
287 posts

Posted:
hi guys good meet last night i know i didnt really mingle much but i was teaching some of my friends the joys of poi and they were really shy bless them lol so we went round the corner and had a small spin of our own but was nice to see everyone and lets hope next time that the rain holds off longer as i think tht kinda ruined it but fire spinning in the rain is strangely invigourating i think lol

anyone agree?

thanks for burning with me

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Good to see everoyne, did anyone upload any pictures at all? blackburn for me tomorow on my day off, so I'klll be one step closer to getting that manchester video done. Finger crossed it wont be long now.

shaySILVER Member
stranger
17 posts

Posted:
check this out:

simtaBRONZE Member
compfuzzled
1,182 posts

Posted:
i had a wicked time, was good to see ppl i already knew and all you new peeps too smile

was lots of fun, and thank you for cake n pizza, the cake was especially good