Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Manchester Spinners Meet up Info + Stuff

Login/Join to Participate
Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
juggle weavesmiley Manchester Spinner’s Meet up and stuff weavesmiley juggle

Hi all If you are looking for people to spin poi with in the North west this is the place to be.

For any one new to this sight DON’T READ THE WHOLE THREAD it has been going a long time and contains lots of old information and chat about previous meet ups and organisation stuff just go to the last few posts to find out the most up-to-date information on current events.

First a bit of info the Manchester spinners lot is no professional spinning troop or organised events it is just a group of people who get together to enjoy themselves. The first meet up was organised way beck in September 04 https://delizium.fotopic.net/c291964.html

The crowd has changed a bit from back then but we have kept a few old timers we welcome all along to come and join us for a spin whether you be experienced or a complete beginner we are willing to teach and learn from you.

Their is no set time for the meet ups they are usually organised around when people can make it and how long they can stay.

I will try to update this first post as often as I can with the most up-to-date info on meet ups and club nights that allow spinning but if I'm being a bit lax just find the last few posts foe up-to-date info (like I said before weren’t you paying attention)

To date the standard meets have gone as meet up in Piccadilly gardens at 4pm (nice central point where every one can get to) Then move on down to the Gas Works/CastleField or Plat fields Park depending on the wether till everyone gets to cold/tired/burned then on to the pub

( anybody who doesn’t know where this is it can be arranged for someone to come meet you at the train station or wherever you are coming from .) smile

{ ubblove We are a nice bunch like that ubblove}

Accommodation for a night can usually be arranged but you need to sort this well in advance no just turning up expecting somewhere to sleep eek

(more to be added and all to be spell checked soon)

pm me any info you would like to add

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
I 'almost' felt sorry for the nOob as well ubblol

Owned by the lovely SNOOPoi
Owner of Clarence_Quack

pricklyleafSILVER Member
with added berries
1,365 posts

Posted:
I'm finally in Manchester!

So when's the next meet? I want to meet people!

Also where are the juggling clubs?

Live like there is no tomorrow,
dance like nobody is watching
and hula hoop like wiggling will save the world.

“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson

=Flashpoint=SILVER Member
Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
Theyre in the shop £39.95 for all three...

smile

ohmygodlaserbeamspewpewpew!
ubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmile

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Ooo very reasonable price.

Did anyone take any pictures? This one sounded really good, im regreting missing it!

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

x_non_xmember
61 posts

Posted:
I couldn't make it on sunday =(

I was supposed to be bringing my boyfriend so i wasn't on my own but he had to work and i didn't want to go on my own

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
Non, you should have still come and joined us, everyone is very friendly, as the other newbies will vouch, I am sure wink

There were many camera's about taking pictures and I believe Trippie took some video footage as well, not sure how much though.

Owner of Clarence_Quack

LoewanBRONZE Member
and behold!
464 posts

Posted:
 Written by: cinderella456

yeh, cheers guys, it was awesome

CK, you get some good pictures?

Glad that you enjoyed it! Keep spinning down in Cardiff!

Written by: loki.c1687

sorry i didnt come!

mike.c

Well, at least you made it to the pub for the post-burn drink.
EDITED_BY: Lowan (1158067702)

Why let your body be a temple? When it can be a theme park?

Wii Console Number: 3294 0297 7824 7498

cknamSILVER Member
19 posts

Posted:
I've posted some of the photos I took online at Webshots - I didn't upload some because they were either out of focus or just plain crap.
Night photography on a digicam without an autofocus lamp is rather difficult, as I found out.

It was great meeting everyone and maybe I'll see some of you down south or back in Manchester some time.

CK

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
CK, you got some excellent shots, especially of the pyramids and the wire wool spinning smile

Owner of Clarence_Quack

FractosDirty Fire Project
133 posts

Posted:
Damn. Wish I'd come along. Nice one folks smile

oOo
You see, you already know circle-theory,
you just don't *know* that you know.

jemima (jem)SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,750 posts

Posted:
ooh piccies i love pictures i do smile

wish i was there frown

Never assume
Always Acknowledge

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Cool CK. Good to see you there.
Nice pics but did there need to be so many of me failing to grasp what Roman was trying to teach me? confused

Remind me about the £10 I owe you

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

devilstarSILVER Member
blue haired pyrovixen monkey girl!
155 posts

Posted:
biggrin wikid piks! Now I'm gutted I had to leave so early frown

devil Blue is best, blue is beautiful
If I knew what I was looking for, I would have found it by now, but that would take all the fun out of it. - me
I never wanted to be different. I just wanted to be me - bmeshop.com

HavokistBRONZE Member

2,530 posts

Posted:
i agree, those are some rather cool pictures CK biggrin you managed to catch me pulling some funny faces tongue

i don't think we had a formal introduction but i was the guy spinning staff with the blue bandana thingy on ubbrollsmile

We are the music makers, We are the dreamers of dreams,
Wandering by lone sea-breakers, And sitting by desolate streams;
World-losers and world-forsakers, On whom the pale moon gleams;
We are the movers and shakers of the world for ever, it seems.

Carrot_GirlClose your eyes and make a wish
194 posts

Posted:
Plenty of me puling silly faces too! plus in each shot I'm about to clobber myself with the poi... looks so, erm, elegant... redface

The night shots are excellent CK... the wire wool shots are particularly nice.

And yes I'll agree with Steaky, newbies were made very welcome - Non you'll have to come down next time even if you're on your own. smile

Life is a journey ... not a guided tour.

LoewanBRONZE Member
and behold!
464 posts

Posted:
 Written by: cknam

I've posted some of the photos I took online at Webshots - I didn't upload some because they were either out of focus or just plain crap.

Night photography on a digicam without an autofocus lamp is rather difficult, as I found out.

It was great meeting everyone and maybe I'll see some of you down south or back in Manchester some time.

CK

OMG! I love the pics of Kyle on the staff! And the wire-wool looks awesome. And you have pics of me doing burn-offs as well! You're the man! Can I have a copy? Webshot won't let me download unless I sign on. frown
EDITED_BY: Lowan (1158080611)

133 posts

Posted:
Lowan - try the icon marked 'See full size image' it's right next to the download one. You should be able to save from there.

oOo

LoewanBRONZE Member
and behold!
464 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Fractos

Lowan - try the icon marked 'See full size image' it's right next to the download one. You should be able to save from there.

Sweet! Got it! Good thing you are here. There is going to be a meeting on MSN about our plans for tomo night. My MSN is alien_concept@hotmail.co.uk

133 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Lowan

Written by: Fractos

Sweet! Got it! Good thing you are here. There is going to be a meeting on MSN about our plans for tomo night. My MSN is alien_concept@hotmail.co.uk

Nice one, cheers. Mine is fractos@hotmail.com

catch you later mate

~adz

oOo

tukinewbie
3 posts

Posted:
hello everybody,
The meeting was great. It was my first time but I am sure I wont lost any of the next meetings. The people were so nice and the ambience so friendly,,, and lot of art araund. It was great to share knowledge and to learn a lot from others
Thank you to all of you

devilstarSILVER Member
blue haired pyrovixen monkey girl!
155 posts

Posted:
****Lift share offer!****
If any of u lovley Manc spinners fancy a mad dash down to [Old link] for the last weekend, my friend Laura (who some of you have met) has space in her car. Leaving after work on fri 22nd & returning on sunday 24th.
she's Tenebrion on here, but hasn't really got her hed round using hop yet, so email her at Laura.Ellis@zephus.com if you fancy it biggrin
****/Lift share offer!***

devil Blue is best, blue is beautiful
If I knew what I was looking for, I would have found it by now, but that would take all the fun out of it. - me
I never wanted to be different. I just wanted to be me - bmeshop.com

Julesjustjulesnewbie
1 post

Posted:
It looks like you all had a good time! When are you meeting again? can any one come?

ClairebeSILVER Member
Destroyer of kitchen appliances
180 posts

Posted:
CK - brilliant photos! I'm so glad I dragged you along with me. :-P

My brain is about as useful as a chocolate teapot, but unfortunately not as tasty.

Squueee!

cknamSILVER Member
19 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Clairebe

CK - brilliant photos! I'm so glad I dragged you along with me. :-P

So am I, annoyed with myself that I didn't go to one earlier - and now I'm leaving. Thanks for the comments guys, have fun at Falmouth. I expect to see more photos of people pulling stupid faces.

CK

Trippie HippieBRONZE Member
old hand
733 posts

Posted:
Wicked meet guys!!! 'Kin loved it!!
Really, really fantastic to see you all again, lets do it again.....REAL SOON!!!
Loving the pics, top job!!
Taking it easy
Trippie

Trippie Hippie- Monty Dons secret love child

Fly like a mouse, run like a pillow, be the small book case.

"Last night i met some pixies and we danced around a stone".

Because dressing up is fun.

phiroliteSILVER Member
5 posts

Posted:
yes me being a new i felt very at ease everyone there was really nice to me look forward to seeing some of you at the next meet (from the hanging man lol or my be know by fire_fairy_liquids (lee) fella)

phiroliteSILVER Member
5 posts

Posted:
love the photo's of the group never tried the human pyramid it looks wicked shame coudn't make a full one lol phirolite (ie hanging man lol) wow

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
wicked meet and great pix - wonderful turnout and hope everyone comes again!

Right, off to find a map to Falmouth..... biggrin bounce

'The last rays of crimson on the spindle tree as the cerise fruit splits and reveals its orange seeds in a gloriously clashing colour scheme no-one would ever dare to wear'
Euonymous Europeus

Carrot_GirlClose your eyes and make a wish
194 posts

Posted:
Has anyone set a date for the next manc meet?

Life is a journey ... not a guided tour.

Trippie HippieBRONZE Member
old hand
733 posts

Posted:
Someones keen!!! ubblol biggrin
I think we should try and get another in soonish before the weather turns for winter. This winter is going to be particually harsh.
Taking it easy
Trippie xx

Trippie Hippie- Monty Dons secret love child

Fly like a mouse, run like a pillow, be the small book case.

"Last night i met some pixies and we danced around a stone".

Because dressing up is fun.