Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Manchester Spinners Meet up Info + Stuff

Login/Join to Participate
Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
juggle weavesmiley Manchester Spinner’s Meet up and stuff weavesmiley juggle

Hi all If you are looking for people to spin poi with in the North west this is the place to be.

For any one new to this sight DON’T READ THE WHOLE THREAD it has been going a long time and contains lots of old information and chat about previous meet ups and organisation stuff just go to the last few posts to find out the most up-to-date information on current events.

First a bit of info the Manchester spinners lot is no professional spinning troop or organised events it is just a group of people who get together to enjoy themselves. The first meet up was organised way beck in September 04 https://delizium.fotopic.net/c291964.html

The crowd has changed a bit from back then but we have kept a few old timers we welcome all along to come and join us for a spin whether you be experienced or a complete beginner we are willing to teach and learn from you.

Their is no set time for the meet ups they are usually organised around when people can make it and how long they can stay.

I will try to update this first post as often as I can with the most up-to-date info on meet ups and club nights that allow spinning but if I'm being a bit lax just find the last few posts foe up-to-date info (like I said before weren’t you paying attention)

To date the standard meets have gone as meet up in Piccadilly gardens at 4pm (nice central point where every one can get to) Then move on down to the Gas Works/CastleField or Plat fields Park depending on the wether till everyone gets to cold/tired/burned then on to the pub

( anybody who doesn’t know where this is it can be arranged for someone to come meet you at the train station or wherever you are coming from .) smile

{ ubblove We are a nice bunch like that ubblove}

Accommodation for a night can usually be arranged but you need to sort this well in advance no just turning up expecting somewhere to sleep eek

(more to be added and all to be spell checked soon)

pm me any info you would like to add

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
ubblol Love the signature =Flamer= just seen it, here's the american varient...

Fire Staff $51, Paraffin $19...medical bills after setting yourself alight? Too f*cking expensive!

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

=Flamer=member
192 posts

Posted:
Hahaha... I like that. ubblol

Fire Staff £27, Paraffin £10... setting yourself alight, Priceless!

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
IMPORTANT Re: Bus.

People need to be sure when they want to come back. Because some people may need to be back on the Sunday and some on the Monday. I've suddenly found that I HAVE to be back on Sunday as I now work Monday-Fri as opposed to Tuesday Friday.

Which means I will have to come back on my own... Therefore no bus for me...

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

SeyeSILVER Member
Geek
1,261 posts

Posted:
So whats going on on sunday then guys?

Gasworks - about 3-4ish as usual?

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Yup Seye. Usual time and place...

You still want that Daft Punk CD? (I can put others you might like on the disk as well) You got the Evil Nine & Jacques Lu Cont stuff as well?

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

Trippie HippieBRONZE Member
old hand
733 posts

Posted:
Balls, can't make this meet either. I give up.ubbcrying

IF THERE ARE ANY SPACES IN THIS BUS TO FALMOUTH, PLEASE, PLEASE COUNT ME IN, NEED TO BE AROUND SPINNERS SO BADLY!!
NOT FUSSED WHEN IT COMES BACK JUST AS LONG AS I CAN BE APART OF IT!!
Taking it easy
Trippie xx

Trippie Hippie- Monty Dons secret love child

Fly like a mouse, run like a pillow, be the small book case.

"Last night i met some pixies and we danced around a stone".

Because dressing up is fun.

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
Ro when will we see you again?

*Thats one of my favourite Nurseries over there,*

Roman, Trippie Hippie,On the way back from Play Festival

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
I will take on the mantle of organising the Bus (if no one else wants to do it)

Jen, email on its way to you.

If people are wanting to be back at different times for the bus, I would suggest leaving on the Monday towards mid-day to arrive Monday evening/night. (coach will take 7-10 hours to drive depending on traffic and stop offs)

I discussed with Lowan and a couple of others at the weekend and we figured we would need at least 30 people to make the 52 seater coach a viable option.

Below is an update of the list of people that want to be on it.

Anyone else just add your name or give them to me and I will add you smile

Minibus to falmouth (if we can get it)

id guess a maximum of 12 but could be less...

Andy

Boo bunny

Bubbles

Dave

Flameboy

Flamer

Havokist

Lowan

Muff

Ro

Steaky

Terri

Tobi
EDITED_BY: steaks (1156364337)

Owned by the lovely SNOOPoi
Owner of Clarence_Quack

=Flamer=member
192 posts

Posted:
i know the list is already at 12 but i know a couple of other people who would like to go.

Fire Staff £27, Paraffin £10... setting yourself alight, Priceless!

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
The list is currently at 13 (without drivers).
next figure we need would be 30+ so we could hire the coach + driver combo which would dirve us down on the Thursday and drop us off, then pick us up again to return home on the Monday.

Owner of Clarence_Quack

LoewanBRONZE Member
and behold!
464 posts

Posted:
Isn't the next number 24?

Why let your body be a temple? When it can be a theme park?

Wii Console Number: 3294 0297 7824 7498

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
*sigh*

im not on the bus like i said before, im working...

if you want the mini bus, what ive been saying for ages is, trying to organise EVERYONE and getting money before hand is almost impossible, especially in such a short time. the only way itll work is if its booked and payed for straight away which is a lot of money and responsibility, with drivers organised and then sorting who gets seats and pays for it (people will drop out, or not be able to pay at meets, or be able to go etc)

steaks, to book it, it will be under your name, the whole amount of money from your account, you need a full licence and however many years driving that the company asks for.

Written by: Neon_Shaolin

In think the Manc meet on Sunday we need a proper indepth discussion about this with all those present before we set anything into motion....

i agree thats probably the best option...

i really hope for you guys sake it does get sorted etc and ill help as much as i can but its not looking good shrug

regarding the meet, is it this sun? when did that happen confused ill try and make it but i got lots of work on at the mo frown

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

Gremlin_Loumember
131 posts

Posted:
I'm really hoping i'll be able to make it to Falmouth, but i'm trying to sort out stuff with Uni and I don;'t have a clue whether i'll be free or not. Whens the deadline for signing up for bus?

'If your deeds shouldn't be known, perhaps they shouldn't be done, if your words shouldn't be shared, perhaps they shouldn't be spoken. Act with attention, for all your acts have consequences" (Rabbi Judah HaNassi)

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Hmm out of the loop again i notice....

Minibus to Falmouth
Edited to remove some negative, glass is half empty type nonsense
Andy
Boo bunny
Bubbles
Cantus
Dave
Flameboy
Flamer
Havokist
Lowan
Muff
Ro
Steaks
Terri
Tobi

Meh

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Yes its this sunday jen, Im not too sure myself but steaks sent out his usuall text and asd Im on the list I got one too. Steaks has spoken

Sunday 3pm gassworks x

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
Update on the minibus: I cannot drive it due to not having that category on my licvence. Rob, Elaine and LAura are not going to Fal so they cannot drive it. All this means that we either hire a bus with a driver or it doesn't happen.

And I believe it was Seye who decided on Tomorrow for the meet about 2 weeks ago. Also Will should be in attendance. Only reason the first post hasn't been edited is because Tobi is at Reading festival this weekend and won't be back until Monday. (he left on Wednesday).

Owner of Clarence_Quack

SeyeSILVER Member
Geek
1,261 posts

Posted:
I suggested tomorrow as it seemed to be the date that the most people could make. Except Tobi of course. It will also take my mind off the fact that Tobi will be watching Arctic Monkeys and Muse this weekend. Not that I'm jealous or anything rolleyes

I'll be heading down. I haven't seen anyone for ages. Should be fun biggrin

fire_fairy_liquidBRONZE Member
enthusiast
287 posts

Posted:
ok im sorry bubbles but turns out i really cant afford falmouth this year,.... work underpaid me and now i think i might be getting made redundant.... so therefore i need all the money i can find to cover rent and bills and food..... living off beans atm... not fun..... so sorry to let you down
xxx

thanks for burning with me

Chronofracture333Hobo Gaylord
329 posts

Posted:
Well that was fun!

Loverly spot you have for spinning. Apologies to those I didn't speak to, obviously I'm a stuck up [censored] but I also just get too lost in my spinning.

See you all again soon!

biggrin

*no moves there are no moves there are no moves there are no moves there are no moves there are no*

"Oooh, what a shiny new move!"

firelightBRONZE Member
67 posts

Posted:

well the the poi met went well yesteruday. it was fun and alot of fun. its nice to see everyone who cum down. the meet was full of laughts.

love fire to play with, love the wonderful colours in the fire.

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
 Written by: firelight

its nice to see everyone who cum down.

You could allways eat that lee instead of cold beans muwhahaha

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
Falmouth Bus Update:

Due to lack of interest, lack of drivers and Falmouth being in 3 weeks time. It has been agreed to not organise a luvbus for Fal6.
Sorry to anyone who was hoping for this to happen, but there just wasn't enough interest in it for anyone to organise anything. The desicion was made by a few of us at the meet yesterday and agreed that everyone should still have enough time to organise transport without it costing too much.
Right now the best route seems to be National Express from Manchester to Plymouth (pre-booked will cost around £50-60) then get the train to Hayle buying the ticket on the day.

Hope this doesn't put anyone else out. But the bus just wouldn't have worked.

Owner of Clarence_Quack

LoewanBRONZE Member
and behold!
464 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Chrono333

Well that was fun!

Loverly spot you have for spinning. Apologies to those I didn't speak to, obviously I'm a stuck up censored but I also just get too lost in my spinning.

See you all again soon!

biggrin

It was quite a nice surprise to see you man! Say hi to the Leeds lot for me! biggrin

Why let your body be a temple? When it can be a theme park?

Wii Console Number: 3294 0297 7824 7498

loki.c1687SILVER Member
addict
546 posts

Posted:
nuts to falmouth!Do you guys not know in what it is in 12 short days????no....anyone?well im upset with toby not bringing this up,which means i have to post..tut tut..

Anyhoo its almost time for manchester meets birthday oh and its on a sunday...yay!So we ALL have to come down and sing happy birthday and eat cake mybe have a bbq?This i will leave to the more active posters on hop

oh and the daddy's of this little group
(rob,me,tobi,flash,)HAVE TO BE THERE!

Then off to falmouth we go the next week knowing that are baby is one more year older..Thanks for making it what it is now guys..here's to more years of spinning in manchester oh and the drugs...beer...ramdom irish chav's,and who can forget the lose women and men yay for us.

wow is this not the longist post ive ever done...better have a nap
mike.c

Rules and responsibities:
These are the ties that bind us.
We do what we do,because of who we are.
If we did otherwise,we would not be ourselves.
I will do what i have to do
And i will do what i must..

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
Mikey I'd say Peter more Flashdancing tutor than Daddy, I'll have to try and be at the next one I was working sunday doing circus workshops in salford so was extremly tired after pushing kida round on a uni and teaching them to stiltwalk!

*Thats one of my favourite Nurseries over there,*

Roman, Trippie Hippie,On the way back from Play Festival

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
Mike, sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but the weekend before Falmouth is [Old link] & many of us are going up for that instead of staying in Manchester, sorry.

Owner of Clarence_Quack

loki.c1687SILVER Member
addict
546 posts

Posted:
well there'll just be less of us then...or will it just be me and mill anyone coming on the 10th?

mike.c

MrDimmuSILVER Member
25 posts

Posted:
il come on 10th as i want to meet spinners just been busy at all recent ones :'(

firelightBRONZE Member
67 posts

Posted:
hiya mike

whats going on for your brithday on 10th, u r thinking of having meet up. i can make it.

dawny firelight

love fire to play with, love the wonderful colours in the fire.

loki.c1687SILVER Member
addict
546 posts

Posted:
Its not my brithday but the meets brithday almost two years!If you can make it come down should be fun..
mike.c