Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Manchester Spinners Meet up Info + Stuff

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
juggle weavesmiley Manchester Spinner’s Meet up and stuff weavesmiley juggle

Hi all If you are looking for people to spin poi with in the North west this is the place to be.

For any one new to this sight DON’T READ THE WHOLE THREAD it has been going a long time and contains lots of old information and chat about previous meet ups and organisation stuff just go to the last few posts to find out the most up-to-date information on current events.

First a bit of info the Manchester spinners lot is no professional spinning troop or organised events it is just a group of people who get together to enjoy themselves. The first meet up was organised way beck in September 04 https://delizium.fotopic.net/c291964.html

The crowd has changed a bit from back then but we have kept a few old timers we welcome all along to come and join us for a spin whether you be experienced or a complete beginner we are willing to teach and learn from you.

Their is no set time for the meet ups they are usually organised around when people can make it and how long they can stay.

I will try to update this first post as often as I can with the most up-to-date info on meet ups and club nights that allow spinning but if I'm being a bit lax just find the last few posts foe up-to-date info (like I said before weren’t you paying attention)

To date the standard meets have gone as meet up in Piccadilly gardens at 4pm (nice central point where every one can get to) Then move on down to the Gas Works/CastleField or Plat fields Park depending on the wether till everyone gets to cold/tired/burned then on to the pub

( anybody who doesn’t know where this is it can be arranged for someone to come meet you at the train station or wherever you are coming from .) smile

{ ubblove We are a nice bunch like that ubblove}

Accommodation for a night can usually be arranged but you need to sort this well in advance no just turning up expecting somewhere to sleep eek

(more to be added and all to be spell checked soon)

pm me any info you would like to add

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

Flame BoyGOLD Member
veteran
1,508 posts

Posted:
I dunno, you aussies with your upsidedown country and not knowng where manchester is! wink
Fraid we are a fair few miles from london, its level with the top of Wales along with Liverpool biggrin Still confused?
https://www.multimap.com/
Click on the map in the middle where it says liverpool and manchester will appear right next to it biggrin

AAARRRGGGHHH!!! My giant stick broke!!! In two!!! My stick broke in two!!! ubbcrying

MedusaSILVER Member
veteran
1,433 posts

Posted:
ahhh...so if I was to turn up for one of the meet ups I would have to definintely organise accomodation

Flame BoyGOLD Member
veteran
1,508 posts

Posted:
Anyway - awsome meet on sunday chaps! I could well be persuaded to come along to the next one wink So when is it?

AAARRRGGGHHH!!! My giant stick broke!!! In two!!! My stick broke in two!!! ubbcrying

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
Yes Medusa, accomodation would be wise. There are lots of lovely friendly HoPpers in Manchester that I'm sure will open their doors to you. I've had a taste of their hospitality and its great! Maybe if you are making the trek up from london I could make the trek up from South Wales at the same time and finally get to meet you.

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
That would be very cool medusa, and have no fear you would have loads of places to stay the manchester lot are the friendlyest of them all.

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

MedusaSILVER Member
veteran
1,433 posts

Posted:
that would be fantastic.....

smile

hug

When is it going to be?

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
whens best for you guys who are doing a lot of travel....

will/tobi/elaine/pete etc? im not too fussed, i can make any w/end next month

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
A meet in feb would be very cool its my bday on the 6th

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

MedusaSILVER Member
veteran
1,433 posts

Posted:
any weekend.....in about a months time when I actually have some money hehehe

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
well if joes birthday is the 6th, how about either sunday the 5th or 12th of feb. then we can go for a pint after meeting up to celebrate Joes birthday.
the 5th is just under 4 weeks away, 12th just under 5. gives people time to sort out work and travel etc.

Owned by the lovely SNOOPoi
Owner of Clarence_Quack

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
12th sounds better, it'd be warmer by a smidgin!

Will your Uni shall be mine I tell you, Well done for Bringing Ed, and Well done for coming Ed, in a car alone with Will, you must of been bad in a past life!

It was a great meet for sure, lot more juggling going on than usual we likes it lots and All the Uni's(Big and Small) Ohh I'm a excitable one!

*Thats one of my favourite Nurseries over there,*

Roman, Trippie Hippie,On the way back from Play Festival

jacquiloumember
5 posts

Posted:
Written by: fire_fairy_liquid

lol ithought th little girl was sooo cute, but i hated her at the same time, only because she is better then i am thoough... still cute

she was with me ,she said she'll teach you a few moves at the next meeting lol! but she cant come if her bedrooms not tidy!! wink

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
More acknowledgements: -

Ed, thanks for your attempt at teaching me the basics of CJ although i wish I was a better student! (oh, well we all have to start somewhere)

And the firebreathing guy whose name I can never remember for tutoring me on my first firebreathing session. (Although I wish you hadn't set your face on fire 10mins later almost giving me a coronary - tho perhaps PETROLEUM jelly wasn't the best thing to smear on your beard to prevent chapped skin...Hope it doesn't put you off in the future)

And Hazel, thanks for doing your monkey-girl upsidedown poi session despite your blinding headache.

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
Dude, fear not...

It being so bloody cold and dark didn't help...

and it's not something one can pick up easily straightaway...

I never realised petroleum Jelly on the beard prevented chapped skin... Some people have such insight... wink

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Well if I wanna carry on improving my fire-breathing I might wanna consider losing prepubescent excuse for a beard lest I go the way of the crispy man...

"He's got a mouth that could eat an apple through a letterbox." To whom and what is this referring to.... A guy's mind tends to wander/wonder....

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
Ask Cantus next time you see him... He'll explain...

Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Be Water My Friend.

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
I am shuddering at the thought as I type.... *shudder*

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
Both the 5th and the 12th are rubbish dates!

On the 5th there is the first [Old link] ..... with warm indoor space to spin in.

On the 12th is the [Old link] which involves cute naked male jugglers covered in chocolate* and the [Old link] .

Too many choices for a chocoholic pirate faery to make ubbloco

*DISCLAIMER: This part may only be happening in my head biggrin

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

Gayle......!SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
I agree with Skully. You lot should come to Swindon, although i'll only be there on the days that aren't saturday.

I'm up for trekking north again with a Skully and Medusa in tow biggrin

Gayle.....!

HavokistBRONZE Member

2,530 posts

Posted:
would it make sense to have a set weekend each month rather than us just throwing dates around? eg. the 3rd or 4th weekend?

plus if we have a set weekend, then no one can say they found out about the meet too late and couldn't make it/get time off work/etc... tongue

We are the music makers, We are the dreamers of dreams,
Wandering by lone sea-breakers, And sitting by desolate streams;
World-losers and world-forsakers, On whom the pale moon gleams;
We are the movers and shakers of the world for ever, it seems.

firelightBRONZE Member
67 posts

Posted:

sunday was fun, meet up with new people, when is next going to be,

thats hope it might be a little warm,

love fire to play with, love the wonderful colours in the fire.

icklepurklegirlmember
116 posts

Posted:
wheee, last sunday was the fun on toast...except without any of the warmth of toastytoasty sadly

So awesome to meet so many new people, thanks for not being scary or intimidating! :-)

-spinnin' to the rhythm of the new world order-

TinklePantsGOLD Member
Clique Infiltrator, Cunning Linguist and Master Debator
4,219 posts

Posted:
One day i will visit and join you lot for a spin.

It will be a day full of toilet humour and gigglage.

It will be fun.

It will be twirly.

It will be.

Always use "so's your face" and "only on Tuesdays" in as many conversations possible

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
yeah, the 12th is a no-go for me too... I'll be at Chocfest...

And Tam, You definately should come visit!! You should at least attempt the next Manc meet... when these guys can finally decide upon a date...

EDIT: Chocfest is on the 11th (saturday) the 12th is a sunday... so... I could do both... Would be a hectic weekend, and dependant upon workload...
EDITED_BY: Leaning_Towards_Corruption (1136999544)

Be Water My Friend.

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
sounds cool to me, happy hoppy bday LTC! twas good to see ya again at the meet, im def up for learning in your workshop biggrin

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

devilstarSILVER Member
blue haired pyrovixen monkey girl!
155 posts

Posted:
I second Kyle's idea for a set weekend each month. I seem to have to organise my social life months in advance these days, would make it much easier to shuffel stuff around a meet rather than the other way round. My vote would go for the first weekend of the month, purelly for selfish reasons like it dosen't clash with juggling or my fave club nights!

Workshops eh? My my we are getting organised!

Thank you for the piks Dave! On my gallery now ubbrollsmile

devil Blue is best, blue is beautiful
If I knew what I was looking for, I would have found it by now, but that would take all the fun out of it. - me
I never wanted to be different. I just wanted to be me - bmeshop.com

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
Who said anything about a workshop from me being an organised affair? wink Ill just help some people get the hang of bits...

Be Water My Friend.

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
choc fest is on a saturday?/ grr!! maybe ican zoom back before work

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
you could, but you'll miss the show at the end...

Be Water My Friend.

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
what the hell is Chocfest...? If it's to do with chocolates, I'm a recovering chocoholic!

Page: ......