Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Manchester Spinners Meet up Info + Stuff

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
juggle weavesmiley Manchester Spinner’s Meet up and stuff weavesmiley juggle

Hi all If you are looking for people to spin poi with in the North west this is the place to be.

For any one new to this sight DON’T READ THE WHOLE THREAD it has been going a long time and contains lots of old information and chat about previous meet ups and organisation stuff just go to the last few posts to find out the most up-to-date information on current events.

First a bit of info the Manchester spinners lot is no professional spinning troop or organised events it is just a group of people who get together to enjoy themselves. The first meet up was organised way beck in September 04 https://delizium.fotopic.net/c291964.html

The crowd has changed a bit from back then but we have kept a few old timers we welcome all along to come and join us for a spin whether you be experienced or a complete beginner we are willing to teach and learn from you.

Their is no set time for the meet ups they are usually organised around when people can make it and how long they can stay.

I will try to update this first post as often as I can with the most up-to-date info on meet ups and club nights that allow spinning but if I'm being a bit lax just find the last few posts foe up-to-date info (like I said before weren’t you paying attention)

To date the standard meets have gone as meet up in Piccadilly gardens at 4pm (nice central point where every one can get to) Then move on down to the Gas Works/CastleField or Plat fields Park depending on the wether till everyone gets to cold/tired/burned then on to the pub

( anybody who doesn’t know where this is it can be arranged for someone to come meet you at the train station or wherever you are coming from .) smile

{ ubblove We are a nice bunch like that ubblove}

Accommodation for a night can usually be arranged but you need to sort this well in advance no just turning up expecting somewhere to sleep eek

(more to be added and all to be spell checked soon)

pm me any info you would like to add

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Well people that has to be the best turnout at a poi meet I've ever seen. Ironically at the coldest time of the year...

Didn't get a chance to talk to everyone but thanks to Sam for use of the monster triple-wicks and Sam for the handy staff tips.

Bring on the next one...

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

jacquiloumember
5 posts

Posted:
first ever meet ive ever been to (this is my first post ever aswell)
wasn't there for very long as we spent 2hours driving round clayton gas works. didnt really talk to many but thank you to gremlin-lou for giving lil'meg (my daughter) a few helpful tips! we were the ones in the vwcamper (we will bring enough brewing tackle for everyone next time!!)

HavokistBRONZE Member

2,530 posts

Posted:
was anyone else confused by Tobi's really long post?

the meet was great, it was good seeing everyone again despite not being able to stay very long, plus the sparkler spinning was good biggrin

We are the music makers, We are the dreamers of dreams,
Wandering by lone sea-breakers, And sitting by desolate streams;
World-losers and world-forsakers, On whom the pale moon gleams;
We are the movers and shakers of the world for ever, it seems.

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
yeah i was confused too lol, but thought it was just me being silly again.

was an excellent meet guys! only hope it was in the summer smile

jacquilou, i wondered whos that was! will be good to have a proper chat with ya at the next meet!

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
Yeh i was really confused, i wonder how he did it,!

What a great meet, it was massive! Good to see such a turn out! Lovely seeing all my friends again too smile

Evena few civvies

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
that was an excellent meet biggrin

thanks for a wonderful day everyone (still on a high from mastering buzz saw to 3 beat back to buzz saw then doing it with fire biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin)

damn busses though, didnt get home till nearly midnight eek next time i leave earlier to get home.

Owned by the lovely SNOOPoi
Owner of Clarence_Quack

PyroWillGOLD Member
4,437 posts

Posted:
which one were you

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

SchitzSILVER Member
18 posts

Posted:

Yeh, thanks everyone..that was a great meet....

Thanks especially to Steaks for meeting me, finding parking spots...helping me find my way round the one way systems etc. Managed to get out of Manny and back on the right road no probs.

Sorry I never went round to say goodbyes to all the nice people I met. My vocal chords ( and many other parts of me ) had froze .

But definitely see you all again sooooon smile

Poivert

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
oh while i remember, i have a glove that someone lefted behind, its gray and wooly biggrin

and thanx to tobi and sam for making me fall over, twice!

can anyone who has any pics or vids i can have send them to me pls ubbangel i can never get any in the dark

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

hankyGOLD Member
117 posts

Posted:
so glad i made it this time!!! made me remember wot i was missing -the spinning and all u lovely people....deffo going to make it to most if not all the meets this year
(thought best not promise given my track record ubbangel)

hey cantus, didnt get 2 meet u but can i take u up on that doubles session we arranged like AGES ago!!!!!!!!!! at the next meet??? so wanna lean...still... biggrin

it's a mad world...and i love it!!!

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
Written by: PyroWill

which one were you

i was the guy with the blue and red tail poi that kept walking around doing the buzz saw at many different angles (much to the annoyance of some people) ubbloco weavesmiley smile

Owned by the lovely SNOOPoi
Owner of Clarence_Quack

GazzaBeeBRONZE Member
PoiBoi
627 posts

Posted:
Indeed Steaks... but that's only coz I can't do it at loads of different angles like that wink

Cool meet peeps... Ta for all the birthday wishes and birthday drinks!! Just as well I wasn't on the booze, I would have been plastered!!

Stuck in my Poi comfort zone....

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
erm - that'd be me then ubblolubblol

Yes a truly lovely meet so many lovely new people and lovely of Ed & Beth to travel so far (yes Will I know you did too, but we hardly consider you a visitor anymore do we hug )

Roll on summer that's all I can say bounce clap

And when's the next meet? Jacquilou I'm def up for a brew!

'The last rays of crimson on the spindle tree as the cerise fruit splits and reveals its orange seeds in a gloriously clashing colour scheme no-one would ever dare to wear'
Euonymous Europeus

philtreSILVER Member
38 posts

Posted:
Nice to meet those of you that I did meet.
See you next time!

biggrin

I lost.

fire_fairy_liquidBRONZE Member
enthusiast
287 posts

Posted:
tht was truely amazing, i had such a good time and was slightly scared half to death when my fello fire breather set his face on fire, wo not a pretty site but thnk god he is ok eh lol (he was just trying to do face poi ubbloco lol)

but yeah made loads of new mates and even caz bubbles hope u dnt mind but im gunna steal caz lol shes my new friend lol

pete ur amazing and way too modest by saying ur not tht good, i was feeling good when u sed u werent to good but then wanted to sit down whenever u were spinnin for fear of being shown up lol

but yeah great turn out and i hope we didnt scare any of the newcomers and hope ya all come again!!! weavesmiley weavesmiley peace peace grouphug grouphug hug2 heart thankx

thanks for burning with me

lemmingladyGOLD Member
63 posts

Posted:
So the ultimate question.....

WHEN'S THE NEXT ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(great to see everyone, got lots of new stuff to practice now... damn evil flowers and isolations... why is spinning a circle so difficuilt?)

I'd love to stay here and be normal....

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
Yo!!

That was indeed a fun night, if a little (well, a lot) cold...

I'm definately up for coming again, and it was so cool to meet new people!! If you're lucky, I might even bring my girlfriend next time...

And if it's warmer, I'll do a proper CJ workshop for those that want it. A flowers workshop I can do for some, although a lot of you don't need it at all!! Do you think 'Spoons would mind me giving a workshop in their pub? biggrin

Tobi, was awesome to see and spin with you again, hope it happens again soon!!

Happy birthday to all that had one, Now, who's coming to Hull for mine? wink

Hugs to all

Ed

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

Jarythnewbie
5 posts

Posted:
hey, Thanks to everyone at the meet, thanks to all those that let me borrow and learn new skills and equipment, I had such an amazing night, didnt really want to leave so early.

I've been practicing new stuff already, sorry if i injured anyone (caz x sorry about your bruise).

I think im gonna be at the next meet for sure biggrin

The diffrence between insanity and genious is measured only by success.
The definition of impossible is lack of imagination and incentive.
Creativity follows its own rules.

=Flashpoint=SILVER Member
Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
Hello...

I've not posted for a while, so here y'all go...

Kayte loved you all! she said that it was
a) very cold
b) very funny
c) very wierd
d) very safe

She was a bit quiet cos she's always a bit nervous around new people...

I had lots of fun (as ever) commenting on The Troll, and Wills new hair, Elaine, have you had yours done?

Sutnac and Star glued together...

Tobi desperately trying to teach Terri some new stuff...

Will desparately trying to shed his manwhore image...

Ed making me piss myself laughing...

Trying to do a double piggyback with Will, then me, then Millhouse... Nuts!

And trying to get warm in the car... didnt get the feeling back in my feet till i got to the M56... Ow

See you soon y'all...

Peat...

ohmygodlaserbeamspewpewpew!
ubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmile

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
Written by: =Flashpoint=

Ed making me piss myself laughing...

Ewwww... And to think I hugged you afterwards...

*shudders*

wink

Did I see mention of a troll? I didn't realise he was there... or are you referring to someone else?

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

LoewanBRONZE Member
and behold!
464 posts

Posted:
The Manchester just seems to be getting better and better. I was amazed at the turnout despise the weather. I am so glad that I brought a couple of none spinning friends along now. I think with enough luck and persuasion, there will be three more spinners in the making.

Why let your body be a temple? When it can be a theme park?

Wii Console Number: 3294 0297 7824 7498

enthusiast
287 posts

Posted:
lol ithought th little girl was sooo cute, but i hated her at the same time, only because she is better then i am thoough... still cute

PyroWillGOLD Member
4,437 posts

Posted:
Im so glad to see how large the Manc meet had got!

enthusiast
287 posts

Posted:
lol oh i just thought i should let peeps know, i have changed my name from dragar to fir_fairy_liquid, i got bored with dragar and all the numbers lol, and i liked th fire fairy liquid so yeh as you do i changed my identity he he he but still same old me lol

hope no one minds

devilstarSILVER Member
blue haired pyrovixen monkey girl!
155 posts

Posted:
Another fantastic way to spend a sunday. You guys rock. hug

next?

devil Blue is best, blue is beautiful
If I knew what I was looking for, I would have found it by now, but that would take all the fun out of it. - me
I never wanted to be different. I just wanted to be me - bmeshop.com

enthusiast
287 posts

Posted:
i sugest the next one be as early as possible, why are the meets monthly by the way and not weekly or fortnightly???

=Flashpoint=SILVER Member
Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
Cos some of us have a LONG way to come...

Ed, i do believe the troll was mentioned occasionally...

ubbrollsmile

Oh, and wondering when Hazel was going to die too...

ohmygodlaserbeamspewpewpew!
ubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmile

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
We tried having them weekly it didn’t work!! frown As Peat wink said a lot of people come a very long way so can’t make them, a lot of us have full time jobs so we have to know well in advance when they are to get time of work.

By having them people got confused at to when certain people where going to be there and low turn started to turn people away redface

In the end having a meet announced well in advance works out well as every one then knows when it is and that all who can make it will be there and not miss them by a week.

Every one has chance to sort out work, travel, place to sleep and stuff also we can change it to something that more suites most so we finalize it to a day when most people can come.

If you want you can try to pull all the local Manchester spinners together for something a bit more regular. Its up to you. smile

But personally I like it the way it is. biggrin wink

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

enthusiast
287 posts

Posted:
no i was just curious sorry, i think th big meets are good, i was just wondering

MedusaSILVER Member
veteran
1,433 posts

Posted:
Excuse my total and utter ignorance but is Manchester in London?

How do you get there and when is the next meet?

Page: ......