Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Manchester Spinners Meet up Info + Stuff

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ...
Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
juggle weavesmiley Manchester Spinner’s Meet up and stuff weavesmiley juggle

Hi all If you are looking for people to spin poi with in the North west this is the place to be.

For any one new to this sight DON’T READ THE WHOLE THREAD it has been going a long time and contains lots of old information and chat about previous meet ups and organisation stuff just go to the last few posts to find out the most up-to-date information on current events.

First a bit of info the Manchester spinners lot is no professional spinning troop or organised events it is just a group of people who get together to enjoy themselves. The first meet up was organised way beck in September 04 https://delizium.fotopic.net/c291964.html

The crowd has changed a bit from back then but we have kept a few old timers we welcome all along to come and join us for a spin whether you be experienced or a complete beginner we are willing to teach and learn from you.

Their is no set time for the meet ups they are usually organised around when people can make it and how long they can stay.

I will try to update this first post as often as I can with the most up-to-date info on meet ups and club nights that allow spinning but if I'm being a bit lax just find the last few posts foe up-to-date info (like I said before weren’t you paying attention)

To date the standard meets have gone as meet up in Piccadilly gardens at 4pm (nice central point where every one can get to) Then move on down to the Gas Works/CastleField or Plat fields Park depending on the wether till everyone gets to cold/tired/burned then on to the pub

( anybody who doesn’t know where this is it can be arranged for someone to come meet you at the train station or wherever you are coming from .) smile

{ ubblove We are a nice bunch like that ubblove}

Accommodation for a night can usually be arranged but you need to sort this well in advance no just turning up expecting somewhere to sleep eek

(more to be added and all to be spell checked soon)

pm me any info you would like to add

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
nuneaton - sat 10th september

BJC - 22/23 - 25th september

liverpool (first meet) - sat 1st october

nottingham (my birthday too ) - 7/8th - 9th october

sheffield poi in the park - sun 30th october

Bath - 4/5th - 5/6th november

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

hankyGOLD Member
117 posts

Posted:
<---wow am very impressed tobi lol
need 2 know date of next meet so i can get time off work or make sure my shifts don't stop me going again!!!!
i've been catching up with photos n stuff so will be posting images of man. meet that i went to last soon. some look really cool even if i do say so myself!!

it's a mad world...and i love it!!!

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
Written by: Mint Sauce

(Thanks wild child hug)

juggle weavesmiley weavesmiley weavesmiley weavesmiley juggle

What can I say - I'm a Provider wink

'The last rays of crimson on the spindle tree as the cerise fruit splits and reveals its orange seeds in a gloriously clashing colour scheme no-one would ever dare to wear'
Euonymous Europeus

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:

[said by Vixen]

Written by:

I sure am, goin to see cirqu de soleil on the friday night but aiming to get to Manchester in the afternoon time and leaving whatever time on the Saturday. Xxx

Vix my dear you are coming to see cirqu de soleil on fir 28th

first of all what time show are you going to. As the show is at the Trafford centre which is a bit out of town.

Secondly how are you getting hear (train car???).

3rd ly I'm guessing you are staying with someone to be stopping till the sat what time do you have to leave on sat???

if you give me a full breakdown of your trip I can sort the Manchester spinners out to come and meet you somewhere for a spin

See you soon (hopefully)

I will pm you this just incase you miss this.

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
Hey Tobi and the Manc guys, I plan to come up for another visit probably within a few weeks, but problem is I work sat nights and its kidna hard to get it off, so if there is ever a friday night meet im definelty up for it, and I think this time I may decide to stay the night (Wild Child hug)

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
Will, you're always welcome hug - we've not done a Friday night yet, i guess cos we usually meet up at 4 so we'll have to meet at 6 or something instead. Also it makes it hard for ppl who travel, Tobi, flashpoint, hanky etc

Trippie Hippie says he'd prefer Sunday for his birthday bash, so that's Sunday 27th folks - get it in your diaries. Boo hoo - no toffee vodka or beer for Wild Child frown

'The last rays of crimson on the spindle tree as the cerise fruit splits and reveals its orange seeds in a gloriously clashing colour scheme no-one would ever dare to wear'
Euonymous Europeus

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
Vix sent me this what do people think the best action plan will be??????

Written by:

Hello - sorry if this mail seems short but im trying to get ready for a job interview - wooo!!!

I am coming up with Minimaniac - he is driving.
We are staying in a hotel called Novotel - im not quite sure where abouts that is but apparently not far from the Cirque venue

We plan to arrive around 4 or 5 and i believe the show is at half 8 but i dont know about when it ends - MM has been sorting all that out.

We dont have any time we need to be back on saturday - just not rush hour i guess.

What else do u need to know? xxx

minimaniacThe Ladiees Man
360 posts

Posted:
hey mint sauce

vixen is right so far, but i must add my car is playing up so i want to be home before dark on the saturday. the best time to meet is on the friday early evening i guess! i dont know my way around so i will need directions.

i will pm you my mobile number so i have someone to contact if needs be!

I'm going to leave the army and run away to the circus

if not i will just become a MI5 agent !!!

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
When then? Confuzzled as ever!

*Thats one of my favourite Nurseries over there,*

Roman, Trippie Hippie,On the way back from Play Festival

minimaniacThe Ladiees Man
360 posts

Posted:
friday evening would be best before 8pm i guess

I'm going to leave the army and run away to the circus

if not i will just become a MI5 agent !!!

dreadsGOLD Member
8 posts

Posted:
so is this the sunday everyone is meetin up or on the saturday?? im confuseded??

the dreads will return......
oooh that gave me moosebumps haha...
to be continued

hankyGOLD Member
117 posts

Posted:
ur not the only one ubbloco

it's a mad world...and i love it!!!

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
What are people on about? Toby help me!

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
I figured it out were meeting on the 30th?

Tell me I'm right please? Mike I know your online tell me!

HavokistBRONZE Member

2,530 posts

Posted:
*confusseled*

i thought we were meeting on the saturday...

We are the music makers, We are the dreamers of dreams,
Wandering by lone sea-breakers, And sitting by desolate streams;
World-losers and world-forsakers, On whom the pale moon gleams;
We are the movers and shakers of the world for ever, it seems.

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
humm this is going to be a tough one redface if we want to meet vix and minimaniac we will have to meet up on Fri. before 7 to give them time to get to the show rolleyes.

how dose 4 sound to peeps keep it simple in Piccadilly gardens. cool

Minimaniac you can ether drive to the Trafford centre and get the tram into the centre (takes about 10 min) or drive to the centre and get the tram to the Trafford centre then come back to the pub with us. Or you could drive the lot is up to you. (i will pm you my mob no) ubbidea

I don’t think I will be abler to get to many man peeps to the Trafford centre plus there is limited spinning space there.

So man peeps come to Piccadilly for 4pm on Fri. the 28th

WILL ubbangel get your ass down hear it’s a Fri. like you requested

miss lovely wild child ubblove if he asks nicely can you put up Mr will on the Fri. night to stop him moaning.
And someone tell Cantus ubbangel to come to.

Mike weavesmiley see who else you call pull from rock world and martin ubbloco bring as many as you can muster.

can someone let andithepoi ubbidea know see if he is still alive.

Vix and min pm me and I will try to sort this ubblove ubblove

SniperBRONZE Member
Snoochie-boochie-noochies!
663 posts

Posted:
hey folks i'll be there on fri btw anyone needing alternative accomodation jilly's nightclub's open 9pm-7am, not much chance of sleep but decent range of music over the night in 4 rooms. old/new rock, hip-hop/rap, bit of happy hardcore, goth room with trance/house/gothic stuff and pwetty blacklights and mirrors (useless now they've banned poi... some eejit whacked the manager on the head with a glowstring...)

robnunchucksBRONZE Member
enthusiast
363 posts

Posted:
there non to happy about you trying to bring in a bag full of nunchucks and a galon of parafin ether smile

My nunchucks vital statictics biggrin

weight: 500g
handle lenght: 16 inches
chain length: 2 inches

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
He's not the nicest fellow either so ha ha His club is wack too!

Sniper who be you?

PyroWillGOLD Member
4,437 posts

Posted:
Can i just check is it this friday? the date is confusing me for some reason and i have no idea why

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
This friday The on inbetween Thursday and Saturday!

PyroWillGOLD Member
4,437 posts

Posted:
Well I'd love to come, not sure if I will though, its pretty short notice, i'll speak to my secretary

SniperBRONZE Member
663 posts

Posted:
went to gas works meet on 15th. was the ugly one in the black bubble jacket. usually in jilly's on a friday night. just ask around someone'll point me out. mate of kitt (midian). and a coupla others who were there

HavokistBRONZE Member

2,530 posts

Posted:
will, you WILL come to the meet. some pizza relies on it, ok?

MidianThe Fairy Of Things That Go Bump In The Night ;)
188 posts

Posted:
he heh so the meet is on friday... ^_^ cool.. at least this time i wont resemble one of the living dead! (last time i was tired n half drunk after jillys)

oOo Look At The Pretty Fire.. oOo Touch The Pretty Fire oO.. OWW THE PRETTY FIRE BURNT ME!

HavokistBRONZE Member

2,530 posts

Posted:
well it serves you right if you have suck a great tiem th night before... wink

we all know the morning after tends to be the worst... frown

SniperBRONZE Member
663 posts

Posted:
yes... drunk... *nudge, nudge, wink, wink* say no more :P just hope i look like that when I'M dead...

HavokistBRONZE Member

2,530 posts

Posted:
sorry dude, but you could never look that good unless you grew a decent pair of (.)(.)

i might rethink it if you do ubbloco

SniperBRONZE Member
663 posts

Posted:
gimme 17 blue pipe cleaners, half a moose, a toilet brush and 15 minutes. think you'll be pleasantly surprised wink

MidianThe Fairy Of Things That Go Bump In The Night ;)
188 posts

Posted:
OI Mr. little perv.... curb yourself wink

oOo Look At The Pretty Fire.. oOo Touch The Pretty Fire oO.. OWW THE PRETTY FIRE BURNT ME!

Page: ...