Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Manchester Spinners Meet up Info + Stuff

Login/Join to Participate
Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
juggle weavesmiley Manchester Spinner’s Meet up and stuff weavesmiley juggle

Hi all If you are looking for people to spin poi with in the North west this is the place to be.

For any one new to this sight DON’T READ THE WHOLE THREAD it has been going a long time and contains lots of old information and chat about previous meet ups and organisation stuff just go to the last few posts to find out the most up-to-date information on current events.

First a bit of info the Manchester spinners lot is no professional spinning troop or organised events it is just a group of people who get together to enjoy themselves. The first meet up was organised way beck in September 04 https://delizium.fotopic.net/c291964.html

The crowd has changed a bit from back then but we have kept a few old timers we welcome all along to come and join us for a spin whether you be experienced or a complete beginner we are willing to teach and learn from you.

Their is no set time for the meet ups they are usually organised around when people can make it and how long they can stay.

I will try to update this first post as often as I can with the most up-to-date info on meet ups and club nights that allow spinning but if I'm being a bit lax just find the last few posts foe up-to-date info (like I said before weren’t you paying attention)

To date the standard meets have gone as meet up in Piccadilly gardens at 4pm (nice central point where every one can get to) Then move on down to the Gas Works/CastleField or Plat fields Park depending on the wether till everyone gets to cold/tired/burned then on to the pub

( anybody who doesn’t know where this is it can be arranged for someone to come meet you at the train station or wherever you are coming from .) smile

{ ubblove We are a nice bunch like that ubblove}

Accommodation for a night can usually be arranged but you need to sort this well in advance no just turning up expecting somewhere to sleep eek

(more to be added and all to be spell checked soon)

pm me any info you would like to add

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
OH Hazels running away thing, that sounded like fun. where is that happening? I know I wont be able to make that though, ooh I just missed it too I start work in 2 weeks if I had gotten it a month earlyer.

I'll come up for the manchester one though loki. Im not sure if ive properlly come across you loki at the manc meets, I'll have to change that so I can add you to my 'how many hoppers have you met list'.

Whos going to which, Hazels or manchester then? Im sure there will be quite a few going since the manchester meets have grown pretty big at times. It shouldnt be totally bleak

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
Oh feck - 2 good things on one day?? frown

But I've got a new poi convert who's dying to come to the next meet so that might sway me, look out for Suicide Piglet and say wavehello

Will try and rouse the Hippie that is Trippie too biggrin

'The last rays of crimson on the spindle tree as the cerise fruit splits and reveals its orange seeds in a gloriously clashing colour scheme no-one would ever dare to wear'
Euonymous Europeus

LoewanBRONZE Member
and behold!
464 posts

Posted:
What are the details on Hazel's Run Away Meet?

Why let your body be a temple? When it can be a theme park?

Wii Console Number: 3294 0297 7824 7498

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
It's invite only Lowan, you have to email/PM her for them. Her nick on HoP is Devilsfire I believe wink

Owned by the lovely SNOOPoi
Owner of Clarence_Quack

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Devilstar :P

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
My bad, thanks for the correction Dave smile
She is in the first post of her running away thread I linked above wink

Owner of Clarence_Quack

andythepoiaddict
508 posts

Posted:
hullo gang. how are we all? when is the next manc meet? fingers crossed I can make it!!!

It's smashing to be back x

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
I believe Loki is organising one for the 10th Sept as the Manc meets will be 2/3 years old that weekend.
I will speak with Tobi this weekend and see if he can confirm and alter the details on the first page smile

Owner of Clarence_Quack

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
Andy do come down on the tenth dude it'd be most great to see you and Elaine good luck with the Ro finding!

Much Luv!

*Thats one of my favourite Nurseries over there,*

Roman, Trippie Hippie,On the way back from Play Festival

devilstarSILVER Member
blue haired pyrovixen monkey girl!
155 posts

Posted:
Hey guys, sorry I've missed the last couple of meets. The summer got pretty hetic with all the moving stuffs, just a couple of weeks to go now eek if you haven't got an email about the leaving party yet, email me at the addy in my profile... and you know since it starts on fri 8th, you got plenty time to make it back to Manc for your birthday celebrations on the 10th biggrin

Anyways, dunno when or where i'll see some of you again, but i've really enjoyed meeting & chilling & spinning with you all & i promise i'll be popping back now & again so this ain't the last you seen of me hug : sunny

devil Blue is best, blue is beautiful
If I knew what I was looking for, I would have found it by now, but that would take all the fun out of it. - me
I never wanted to be different. I just wanted to be me - bmeshop.com

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
I hear its a big one tomorrow?

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
A big one tomorrow will?

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

=Flashpoint=SILVER Member
Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
Tomorrow? Thats the 2nd!

Ginger fool... I will be there next weekend, cash permitting, and lets have a BIG weekend... smile

ohmygodlaserbeamspewpewpew!
ubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmile

cinderella456newbie
22 posts

Posted:
lo ladies n gents...

i am very new n shiny to this whole poi malarky, i only started 2 weeks ago. can i come and play on the 10th? or will i be majorly out of my depth and people will laugh at me?

Carrot_GirlClose your eyes and make a wish
194 posts

Posted:
Hello!

I'm new too... Got my poi at Wickerman so have about 6 weeks worth of bruises to show for my troubles. The colours are pretty!

Brit_Joe good to see another spinner from Blackburn!

Life is a journey ... not a guided tour.

LoewanBRONZE Member
and behold!
464 posts

Posted:
Aww... Its the new batch fresh from the Summer festivals! Reminds me of how I got into poi last year when I first saw someone do it at a festival.

We have beginners joining us all the time. We always welcome them with open arms. biggrin It will be so much fun!
EDITED_BY: Lowan (1157306486)

cinderella456newbie
22 posts

Posted:
carrot girl are you thinking of going to this meet? if so can i stand by you so i dont look so bad? in my mind everyone else is going to be complete pro, so if there's anyone else new that'd be fab...
EDITED_BY: cinderella456 (1157315468)

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
Cinderella and Carrot Girl, you are both more than welcome to join us next weekend.

As Lowan said above we are constantly being joined by new spinners and we welcome them with open arms.
Everyone is at varying levels with spinning and most remember what it was like when they first started spinning and attending meets so try not to feel too much like you suck, we have all been there (one or two of us still are at that level)

PM on its way regarding meet and greet as that is what I seem to do for newbies wink

Owner of Clarence_Quack

PsyriSILVER Member
artisan
1,576 posts

Posted:
and I've still gotta get my butt down there.... fingers crossed, I will try to remember which day it is lol tongue

LoewanBRONZE Member
and behold!
464 posts

Posted:
 Written by: steaks

Cinderella and Carrot Girl, you are both more than welcome to join us next weekend.

As Lowan said above we are constantly being joined by new spinners and we welcome them with open arms.
Everyone is at varying levels with spinning and most remember what it was like when they first started spinning and attending meets so try not to feel too much like you suck, we have all been there (one or two of us still are at that level)

PM on its way regarding meet and greet as that is what I seem to do for newbies wink

As a matter of fact, I do remember my first meet. I actually came along without know how to do the weave! biggrin

MrDimmuSILVER Member
25 posts

Posted:
so its this sunday? where at and what time? i wanna be sure i can make this one as always seem to be busy!

stakemember
29 posts

Posted:
Oooooh, i'll come and play, Dimmu, you coming?

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
Can i pitch for meetin up in Picc Gardens at 4, just for old times sake? Purdy pweese? ubbangel

Newbies, please come n join in the fun - you'll learn lots, meet loadsa lovely HoPpers n we really don't bite... much biggrin

Still on a mish to find the missing Hippie... I will not be thwarted!

'The last rays of crimson on the spindle tree as the cerise fruit splits and reveals its orange seeds in a gloriously clashing colour scheme no-one would ever dare to wear'
Euonymous Europeus

LoewanBRONZE Member
and behold!
464 posts

Posted:
Yeah! Whatever happened to the casual alcoholism down Piccadilly Garden? Everyone just head straight down to the Gaswork now-a-days.

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
PIcc gardens at 4 sounds great to me. Means I dont need to rush back from Hazey's party too early for a meet and greet, as they can find everyone in the Gardens already wink biggrin

Owner of Clarence_Quack

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
Yay! bouncebounce2

Picc Gardens at 4 it is then biggrin

Euonymous Europeus

MrDimmuSILVER Member
25 posts

Posted:
See you all at 4 on sunday then biggrin

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
I do hope that Hippy comes out of hiding, We'l have to tie bells into his hair so we can find him again if he does!

Will Minty be joining us?

*Thats one of my favourite Nurseries over there,*

Roman, Trippie Hippie,On the way back from Play Festival

x_non_xmember
61 posts

Posted:
i think i might be able to come to this meet yay

the parents are away this weekend so there won't be any family plans to stop me going out smile

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Woo miss nebula, a battlestar galatica avatar. Im so in love with that show.

Hmm fun meet i hope, im gonna try to go to this one after all now. And carrot girl it is good to see another blackburner. I think we are the only ones from Blackburn on the forum at the moe