Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Manchester Spinners Meet up Info + Stuff

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
juggle weavesmiley Manchester Spinner’s Meet up and stuff weavesmiley juggle

Hi all If you are looking for people to spin poi with in the North west this is the place to be.

For any one new to this sight DON’T READ THE WHOLE THREAD it has been going a long time and contains lots of old information and chat about previous meet ups and organisation stuff just go to the last few posts to find out the most up-to-date information on current events.

First a bit of info the Manchester spinners lot is no professional spinning troop or organised events it is just a group of people who get together to enjoy themselves. The first meet up was organised way beck in September 04 https://delizium.fotopic.net/c291964.html

The crowd has changed a bit from back then but we have kept a few old timers we welcome all along to come and join us for a spin whether you be experienced or a complete beginner we are willing to teach and learn from you.

Their is no set time for the meet ups they are usually organised around when people can make it and how long they can stay.

I will try to update this first post as often as I can with the most up-to-date info on meet ups and club nights that allow spinning but if I'm being a bit lax just find the last few posts foe up-to-date info (like I said before weren’t you paying attention)

To date the standard meets have gone as meet up in Piccadilly gardens at 4pm (nice central point where every one can get to) Then move on down to the Gas Works/CastleField or Plat fields Park depending on the wether till everyone gets to cold/tired/burned then on to the pub

( anybody who doesn’t know where this is it can be arranged for someone to come meet you at the train station or wherever you are coming from .) smile

{ ubblove We are a nice bunch like that ubblove}

Accommodation for a night can usually be arranged but you need to sort this well in advance no just turning up expecting somewhere to sleep eek

(more to be added and all to be spell checked soon)

pm me any info you would like to add

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
yup, time to pull out the furry coat methinks - there's frost on the car already and it's only 8.30 eek

We'll definitely need music - to dance to to keep warm ubblol

'The last rays of crimson on the spindle tree as the cerise fruit splits and reveals its orange seeds in a gloriously clashing colour scheme no-one would ever dare to wear'
Euonymous Europeus

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
will if you acnt make it no bother there is always other times

and you lot will prob need beer to keep warm lol i have film of you dancing with 2 beers in your hands elain lol

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
oh no! I deny it all! everyone knows I hardly touch the stuff ubbangel

'The last rays of crimson on the spindle tree as the cerise fruit splits and reveals its orange seeds in a gloriously clashing colour scheme no-one would ever dare to wear'
Euonymous Europeus

fire_fairy_liquidBRONZE Member
enthusiast
287 posts

Posted:
Written by: Wild Child

And don't worry Dragar - I know what you like so i won't let you stand out in the cold wink ubblol hug

what did you mean by tht lol and i wil bring them cds for you, i gt bth of them now hopefully they will work lol

oh and im bring ing hardcore nation too lol always good to spin to me thinks lol weavesmiley weavesmiley weavesmiley

thanks for burning with me

enthusiast
287 posts

Posted:
i think i have mastered the btb reverse weave before the btb weave .... well according to the videos on the lesson part of HoP i have. according to the btb weave lesson it looks like the weave is reversed but when i do it its not reversed it jst behind my back...where it comes from behind my head forwards and down towards my legs....

is tht weird??? if i have confused u then pm me and il explain better

GazzaBeeBRONZE Member
PoiBoi
627 posts

Posted:
Written by: Wild Child

oh no! I deny it all! everyone knows I hardly touch the stuff ubbangel

Oh yeah? That's why at the last meet, we couldn't drag ya outta the pub wink Well, I will of course let you off for having hosted such an amazing bbq the night b4! Spinnin in Elaine's massive back garden with fairy lights all round... Stuff memories are made of!

Stuck in my Poi comfort zone....

enthusiast
287 posts

Posted:
wow sounds like a gud do.. whens th next one lol xxxxx

GazzaBeeBRONZE Member
PoiBoi
627 posts

Posted:
Twas a good do! So Dragar, you have managed to learn behind the back stuff huh? Humph.... think I am still on beginners moves!

You'll have to teach me at the next meet... Right... New Lost on E4... I'm off....

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Cool, is anyone a fan of Garbage and Nightwish? Got a couple of nightwish's cd's and garbage's bleed like me, can bring those down if anyone wants.

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

enthusiast
287 posts

Posted:
i love em both but have you ever heard of tristania, i got there albums and all no doubts....

loki.c1687SILVER Member
addict
546 posts

Posted:
i'll be bring my new devil stick so anyone who can ds plz plz come over and help me coz im poo atm
mike.c

Rules and responsibities:
These are the ties that bind us.
We do what we do,because of who we are.
If we did otherwise,we would not be ourselves.
I will do what i have to do
And i will do what i must..

loki.c1687SILVER Member
addict
546 posts

Posted:
oh and could you all plz read this and let me know what you think
mike.c

[Old link]

GazzaBeeBRONZE Member
PoiBoi
627 posts

Posted:
Looks good to me Mike... Sounds like it could be fun.... Could just imagine us lot making a human triangle wink

All that music sounds cool... sure I'll be bringing my ipod, and there's a host of rubbish on that wink

Oooo.... Only 3 days!!

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
Will you can have my bed if you really want I've only slept in it like 3 time in a month my housemates wont mind. And you didnt text me as I've a new number would pm it but I'll be of line soon.(HINT)

Gary you were so right, I've got my eye and ears out but still cant figure out when the meet is, we ended up in Platt Fields last Sat with about 8 people who thought it was the eleventh, but your saying 20th now?

Has anyone been by the gasworks of late? I have its even more minging!

See you guys soon! bounce2 peace grouphug

*Thats one of my favourite Nurseries over there,*

Roman, Trippie Hippie,On the way back from Play Festival

enthusiast
287 posts

Posted:
meh we dnt go to see the gasworks though we usuallu go on the grass dnt we and the less minging part lol im sure as well tht the lights from the fire will distinguish any mngingness coz pertty spinning fire always make it look better then what it is lol

and elaine i gt ur cd but there is a problem with it... il pm you with th details.

loki.c1687SILVER Member
addict
546 posts

Posted:
HELLO!!!!!!!!!!!
PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ HELP ME MAKE THIS HAPPEN!!!!

[Old link]
MIKE.C

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
Lee, I didn't get a PM!

Mill - meeting at 3 in Picc Gdns, then Grand Central for a couple then Gasworks. If it's too minging/cold - back to the pub!

And as to when there's another do at mine - how about for my birthday on Friday 6th January? If there's a few of you up for that I'll start a separate thread....

Looking forward to seeing you guys hug2

Euonymous Europeus

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
Ok so three on Sunday? Someone text me! beerchug

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Gazz are you meeting jenna somewhere? I dont know much of manchester yet so I could do with meeting someone first, were will you two be and what time?

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

GazzaBeeBRONZE Member
PoiBoi
627 posts

Posted:
Hey Joe... Yeah... Me and Jen will meet ya and take a wonder down... You've got my mobile haven't ya? If ya haven't saved it, PM me...

I'll text Mill, make sure he is there... I'll call Jen 2mozza... Elaine... is ya birthday 6th Jan? So's mine!! Wondered why I liked ya so much... wink

Will probably know exactly where I am going and what time and bla blah 2mozza once I have spoken to my fellow welcomer Jen...

Mill... Can't believe peeps were there on the 11th... Ya should have text, I would've popped down...

What time you gonna be gettin in Elaine? If you're early.... Call, I'll buy you a pint... (it was pay day this week!)

So, 1500 picadilly... all those who want meeting somewhere else, PM or text me depending on what info you've got!!

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
smilehi peeps I have one omission to make I cant make this meet frown I will be down in Lon wink

(kile get in touch as soon as Check your PM)

I have a favor to ask biggrin
could some of you lovely peeps please e-mail these lovely people that e-mailed me but iv bees so busy (and I'm lazy) I haven’t got back to them. redface

Written by: Maria M

hey, hope u don’t mind me e-mailing you, got your mail from HomeOfPoi website. am a student in Manchester, and I’ve been doing poi for a while now, was wondering whether u knew if there were any meet-ups in Manchester? I wanna start trying with fire too, but dont want to risk it alone.. later, maria

(maria1967bleach@hotmail.com)

Written by: helen underhill

Hey...
Saw you on HOP - hope this finds you well..
I used to poi alot but got bogged down with the whole 'real job' etc over the last couple of years and now feel a little old (urk, 29!) but really want to get back into it. Picked them up today and just felt amazing again! Anyway, I heard the Zion centre in Hulme did poi etc and was hoping someone might know something about it???.. or are there any meets planned in the near future?
Hope you don't mind me getting in touch, any info would be grand.
Cheers,
Helen

(helsunderhill@yahoo.co.uk)

Written by: Jess Malony

Well hello.
I've been told there's a regular meet in picadilly and then down at Platt Fields but when???
Only just getting to grips with le poi but keen to learn more...
Let me know
Jessticles x

(Jess.Malony@bss.org)

Written by: Grainne O'Neill

Hi Tobi

I'm a fellow 'bum' student at Manchester uni and I am so keen to learn
some
po. Don't know where to start! I'm using my friend's poi at mo and want
to
know where I can buy ma own. Also, where can I learn and when is the
next
Manchester meet? Sorry, all questions. Would be so so pleased if you
could
get back to me.

Gráinne O' Neill

(da.big.g@hotmail.com)

Written by: emily cross

hello,
hope you dont mind, found your address on the hop website..dont know how long ago you wrote it, but if your still willing to teach im a fairly fast learner.
been spinning since last friday...using sox on strings, I’ve ordered some pois but they wont be here till mid week next week.
I’ve got a few of the basics, but am having difficulty understanding the instructions for all the moves without knowing what it looks like. im probably going wrong without knowing it.
where abouts outside of Manchester are you?

regards
emily

(emilycross@zetnet.co.uk)

WOW eek I had no idea I was being so lazy I don’t think I got back to any of these people. eek

Can you lovely people Mail them and let them know what’s going on. And if you mention my name so they know where you got there E-mail from that would be nice

Thanks Txx juggle

GazzaBeeBRONZE Member
PoiBoi
627 posts

Posted:
Emailed em all... aren't I great!!

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Might pop into Nero for a Mocha and/or a packet of Chocolate Covered Coffee Beans.... yum. Or get a bar of Galaxy Promises Rich Coffee...

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
can somone get in touch with kile for me tell him to check his pm's

GazzaBeeBRONZE Member
PoiBoi
627 posts

Posted:
Have text him.... wow... I could be ya PA

GazzaBeeBRONZE Member
PoiBoi
627 posts

Posted:
He just text me back saying he would check his msgs when he gets back home 2nite...

HavokistBRONZE Member

2,530 posts

Posted:
thank yoo gary hug

We are the music makers, We are the dreamers of dreams,
Wandering by lone sea-breakers, And sitting by desolate streams;
World-losers and world-forsakers, On whom the pale moon gleams;
We are the movers and shakers of the world for ever, it seems.

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
Still unsure about going, i really want to, but things are pretty tough at the mo frown

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
im a lil unsure too, i wanna see you guys again, miss you all hug but ive not been too well this past few weeks and im skinted frown ill see how i feel later/tommz.

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
Dont be frightened of the cold Jenna, we have jumpers and fire to keep warm!

See you amorrow!

Page: ......