Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Manchester Spinners Meet up Info + Stuff

Login/Join to Participate
Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
juggle weavesmiley Manchester Spinner’s Meet up and stuff weavesmiley juggle

Hi all If you are looking for people to spin poi with in the North west this is the place to be.

For any one new to this sight DON’T READ THE WHOLE THREAD it has been going a long time and contains lots of old information and chat about previous meet ups and organisation stuff just go to the last few posts to find out the most up-to-date information on current events.

First a bit of info the Manchester spinners lot is no professional spinning troop or organised events it is just a group of people who get together to enjoy themselves. The first meet up was organised way beck in September 04 https://delizium.fotopic.net/c291964.html

The crowd has changed a bit from back then but we have kept a few old timers we welcome all along to come and join us for a spin whether you be experienced or a complete beginner we are willing to teach and learn from you.

Their is no set time for the meet ups they are usually organised around when people can make it and how long they can stay.

I will try to update this first post as often as I can with the most up-to-date info on meet ups and club nights that allow spinning but if I'm being a bit lax just find the last few posts foe up-to-date info (like I said before weren’t you paying attention)

To date the standard meets have gone as meet up in Piccadilly gardens at 4pm (nice central point where every one can get to) Then move on down to the Gas Works/CastleField or Plat fields Park depending on the wether till everyone gets to cold/tired/burned then on to the pub

( anybody who doesn’t know where this is it can be arranged for someone to come meet you at the train station or wherever you are coming from .) smile

{ ubblove We are a nice bunch like that ubblove}

Accommodation for a night can usually be arranged but you need to sort this well in advance no just turning up expecting somewhere to sleep eek

(more to be added and all to be spell checked soon)

pm me any info you would like to add

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

Carrot_GirlClose your eyes and make a wish
194 posts

Posted:
Hey, I've recently heard that there's a group of spinners trying to meet in preston around the first week in each month - do any of you know anything about it? If not I'll have a sniff around to find out more.

Life is a journey ... not a guided tour.

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
I think it's on the full moon in Avenham Park... Best to find out at that poi/staff shop across from Music Zone for more info closer to the night of the Full Moon...

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

firelightBRONZE Member
67 posts

Posted:

hey steaks what ur doing for brithday ? r u planing anything for brithday.

love fire to play with, love the wonderful colours in the fire.

skribleBRONZE Member
155 posts

Posted:
i think a week on sunday would be cool

this apple juice is a bit milky isnt it?!

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
We shoulod have a meet for bonfire night, and yes dave we should celebrate the failure to blow up the houses of parliment, the WORLD would be a different place if it had happend, being England used to own half the world and all that., it would ahve completly changed the way our government worked.

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

loki.c1687SILVER Member
addict
546 posts

Posted:
true joe very true because if that would have happend they would have had to build a new one think of all the brick that would have gone to watse.coz after all the british empire would have fell apart with out that building.
Mike.c

Rules and responsibities:
These are the ties that bind us.
We do what we do,because of who we are.
If we did otherwise,we would not be ourselves.
I will do what i have to do
And i will do what i must..

HavokistBRONZE Member

2,530 posts

Posted:
well considering the king, all his advisers, and the majority of the key members of the government would have been in the houses of parliament when it was planned to have been blown up, yes, the british empire would have fallen apart without all that brick tongue

We are the music makers, We are the dreamers of dreams,
Wandering by lone sea-breakers, And sitting by desolate streams;
World-losers and world-forsakers, On whom the pale moon gleams;
We are the movers and shakers of the world for ever, it seems.

loki.c1687SILVER Member
addict
546 posts

Posted:
yes my ginger friend that why i started off the post with "true joe very true"
mike.c

Rules and responsibities:
These are the ties that bind us.
We do what we do,because of who we are.
If we did otherwise,we would not be ourselves.
I will do what i have to do
And i will do what i must..

HavokistBRONZE Member

2,530 posts

Posted:
*mumbles something about context and exaduration on certain topics...*

anyway...

next meet: the more popular dates seem to be the 5th and the 12th. i can make either date so i'm not particularly bothered ubbrollsmile

curlywurlynewbie
19 posts

Posted:
Hi guys, sorry to break into the political discussion wink

I'm new to this site and am desperate to meet some other poisters. Can anyone come along to your get-togethers? Would love to join you in Castlefield (or wherever) but bit shy as I don't know anyone! I can do a few moves but would love to learn more and hook up with others who might help me feel more confident to use my fire ones a bit more often!

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
and yet again the gloves come out on Home of Poi.

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

skribleBRONZE Member
155 posts

Posted:
curlywurly- wave you are more than welcome to come down there are plenty of us at different skill levels and using many many different toys i would say come to the next one but at this rate this lot will never get round to it ubblol but yes we always welcome newbies

pricklyleafSILVER Member
with added berries
1,365 posts

Posted:
Well, I definately can't make the 5th, but I might be able to make the 12th depending on work.

Live like there is no tomorrow,
dance like nobody is watching
and hula hoop like wiggling will save the world.

“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson

firelightBRONZE Member
67 posts

Posted:

have everyone sort out when is the next poi meet up is set for the day.

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
I now have my visa sorted for Oz, so the next manc meet will more than likely be my last before I leave.
I am hoping to have my flights and insurance sorted so I can leave about a week or so after my birthday (sometime around the 20th nov)
The 12th would be better for me as it could be a double celebration, my birthday and the fact you don't have to see/put up with me for 6 months (for a handful I apreciate that only one of them is something to celebrate)
I will post at regular intervals and will be keeping an online blog complete with pictures of my travels and I will be back probably sometime around May biggrin bounce2

Owned by the lovely SNOOPoi
Owner of Clarence_Quack

tripologistmember
47 posts

Posted:
Ello's. How's everyone? Might come down to a meet sometime soon, miss the pretty fire.

Sort of nearly not quite learned contact ball. Buying a see through contact ball has taught me two things: I will never be the goblin king. Heavy acrylic balls* hurt when you catch them with your face.

*(I am aware of the hilarity of the innuendo in this phrase)

skribleBRONZE Member
155 posts

Posted:
the 12th sounds good to me what does everyone think?

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
12th is it then so we can give Steak'n'Dale a proper send off...

We should have a barbecue... Anyone have plates? smile

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

firelightBRONZE Member
67 posts

Posted:
yeah it would be nice to have proper send off for dale, we could buy paper plates, wink
EDITED_BY: firelight (1162374345)

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
Or spinning ones?

*Thats one of my favourite Nurseries over there,*

Roman, Trippie Hippie,On the way back from Play Festival

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
*Looks at Millhouse, ponders, scratches head, contemplates, decides against* rolleyes

You coming to this Millhouse? hug

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
12th I can be there! Most likely with balls! and a wheel maybe two?

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
TWO WHEELS?!!! Blasphemy!!

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
Riding one Uni and carrying the other so I can bounce when I get there!

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Ahhhh right! I take it you're used to carrying the heavy 2nd wheel with you whilst riding...

Steaks: Seye mentioned going to Castlefield for this next meet. Since its your send off do you agree with this or you wanna stick with good ol' Gasworks? Up to you mate!

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
I've carried a 20 whilst on a twenty around a meet but never a 20 on a 29 whilst riding on a road with a bag of props so it'l be an interesting one!

philtreSILVER Member
38 posts

Posted:
Alreet everyone!

Anyone fancy coming this with us on Fri?

metropolis vs homegrown @ The Music Box (Manchester)
Manchester
DJ's: BENNY PAGE, SONIC + SILVER, TEMPER D, MARK OD + PROPHECY, MIGUEL, , , ROOM 2 DRUM MUSIC VS HOEMGROWN,
MC's: TBC

Fri 03/11/2006 10pm - 4am tickets 5 pound

????????????????????????????????????
????????????????????????????????????

go on! you know you want to!!!!!!

I lost.

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
I quite fancy Castlefield for this one as the weather hasn't been so great recently and it offers more shelter, also is a damn site cleaner smile

A bbq sounds fun as well, Who's bringing the cake?

Also I am going out with some friend on the saturday night, probably starting in Paramount at about 9pm if anyone fancies turning up. If you want more info either text or PM me smile bounce2

Owned by the lovely SNOOPoi
Owner of Clarence_Quack

HavokistBRONZE Member

2,530 posts

Posted:
the 12th sounds good ubbrollsmile

i'll be there, if i can find Castlefield again...

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
the 12th it is then

at Castlefield

TOBI has spoken lol wink

better get the word out to all those who dont come online and let them know where we are meeting

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)