Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Manchester Spinners Meet up Info + Stuff

Login/Join to Participate
Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
juggle weavesmiley Manchester Spinner’s Meet up and stuff weavesmiley juggle

Hi all If you are looking for people to spin poi with in the North west this is the place to be.

For any one new to this sight DON’T READ THE WHOLE THREAD it has been going a long time and contains lots of old information and chat about previous meet ups and organisation stuff just go to the last few posts to find out the most up-to-date information on current events.

First a bit of info the Manchester spinners lot is no professional spinning troop or organised events it is just a group of people who get together to enjoy themselves. The first meet up was organised way beck in September 04 https://delizium.fotopic.net/c291964.html

The crowd has changed a bit from back then but we have kept a few old timers we welcome all along to come and join us for a spin whether you be experienced or a complete beginner we are willing to teach and learn from you.

Their is no set time for the meet ups they are usually organised around when people can make it and how long they can stay.

I will try to update this first post as often as I can with the most up-to-date info on meet ups and club nights that allow spinning but if I'm being a bit lax just find the last few posts foe up-to-date info (like I said before weren’t you paying attention)

To date the standard meets have gone as meet up in Piccadilly gardens at 4pm (nice central point where every one can get to) Then move on down to the Gas Works/CastleField or Plat fields Park depending on the wether till everyone gets to cold/tired/burned then on to the pub

( anybody who doesn’t know where this is it can be arranged for someone to come meet you at the train station or wherever you are coming from .) smile

{ ubblove We are a nice bunch like that ubblove}

Accommodation for a night can usually be arranged but you need to sort this well in advance no just turning up expecting somewhere to sleep eek

(more to be added and all to be spell checked soon)

pm me any info you would like to add

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

LoewanBRONZE Member
and behold!
464 posts

Posted:
Please! Please stop with the ruthless temptation you devil! tongue2

Seriously tho, for the price of a Burger King or Subway, you really can't beat the tacos from Bar Burritos!

And there are some glazed KK doughnuts which defy human understanding of what pastries are capable of! Its like biting into a fluffy cloud and feel it dissolve into sweet nothingness in your mouth. My first time at KK, I was hungry from a long session of ping and ping. My lust for sugar was satisfied by a half dozen box which accompanied me on my flight to Amsterdam. I still have the hat to remind me of the good times which I merrily don on when I feel sad and depressed... Magical! grin

Why let your body be a temple? When it can be a theme park?

Wii Console Number: 3294 0297 7824 7498

=Flashpoint=SILVER Member
Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
Well, that was fun! Lots of firey goodness, some new people who we hope will come back, some old faces that have been missed!(but still no Ro, if you're reading this hug )
Finally can add willworkforfoodJr (Chris) to the list of people I've met!

I believe the next big un will be January 4th, bring cake and stuff. Seye, if you come bring the fire pit smile

Tobi, I hope that now the Uni work is done, we'll be seeing more of you smile

ohmygodlaserbeamspewpewpew!
ubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmile

willworkforfoodjnrSILVER Member
Hunting robot foxes
1,046 posts

Posted:
Yeah, I had a blast! smile Met plenty of lovely new people (hug to yoyo22 and Flashpoint), learnt a silly new contact trick (thanks Dave :p) and watched some really pretty spinning.

I'll definately try and turn up for the next one, although this time I'm making sure to remember a flask of tea to warm my poor cold hands!

Working hard to be a wandering hippie layabout. Ten years down, five to go!

simtaBRONZE Member
compfuzzled
1,182 posts

Posted:
good meet, great to see everyone.

some pics taken by robyn https://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=181879&id=664020316&ref=nf

"the geeks have got you" - Gayle

shocked_prawnSILVER Member
old hand
865 posts

Posted:
yeah, thanks pete for taking so many! if anyone can help me identify the people in the pictures it would be much appreciated hug

Proud Co-Owner of PoiBoi
Owned by J.A.C

Hunting robot foxes
1,046 posts

Posted:
[Edit] Made it work nevermind!
EDITED_BY: willworkforfoodjnr (1226998683)

yoyo22GOLD Member
stranger
10 posts

Posted:
sunday was wiked. cant wait for the next one. cheers everyone for being welcoming etc

LoewanBRONZE Member
and behold!
464 posts

Posted:
I wanna see the pictures of Dave doing contact staff with his cast. That was pretty impressive!

Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: yoyo22sunday was wiked. cant wait for the next one. cheers everyone for being welcoming etc

Thank you, we try our best smile

Who were you? ubbrollsmile hug

Pete

yoyo22GOLD Member
stranger
10 posts

Posted:
Dan...the new guy with spikey hair. glow poi etc

Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
Ahhh! Rudolph smile

Just kidding! you were pretty cool.

Just as all our new freinds were!

Next big meet early Jan! And I want to see all the new people, plus all the old people, and all the sorta-somewhere-in-the-middle people too!

And everyone bring lots of fuel!

And Snacks! And Cake! For it is the 4th anniversary of first big manc meet! and the first manc meet vid too smile

Invite Peeps! Lets have lots of fun and frolics in the freezing manchester weather (hint - wrap up warm...)

old hand
865 posts

Posted:
one sort-somwhere-in-the-middle person comign right up! i should most definatly be around early jan. hug

Proud Co-Owner of PoiBoi
Owned by J.A.C

Hunting robot foxes
1,046 posts

Posted:
Aye I'll come to represent the newbies, and I'll have another go at dragging all the local lot over, but you know, hippies...

Now, all I have to do is bake a cake, of monstrous proportions! Muhahahaha!

Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
Monstrous proportions!!!

Mine's the slice the size of the train that kept going round in circles last time smile

Hunting robot foxes
1,046 posts

Posted:
Heh heh - asking for a slice? You've obviously never eaten a cake I've baked before, risky business that.

In fact, its probably safer all round if I poke Martin till he does some baking, hes a reet little housewifey sometimes grin

SeyeSILVER Member
Geek
1,261 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: willworkforfoodjnr but you know, hippies...
"They talk about changing the world but all they do is smoke weed and smell bad!" E. Cartman

LoewanBRONZE Member
and behold!
464 posts

Posted:
Its all about drum circles two miles in diameter! tongue2

Lizabeestranger
3 posts

Posted:
hey, thought the meet last week was ace, I didn't expect there to be so many people smile. I'll defintely try and get back to manc for the next one.

---> I'm still looking for people to email (or phone) interview for a poi feature I'm writing for my journalism course/magazines.

Could anyone who wouldn't mind answering ~10 question about their poi habits (i'm not sure how else to describe it!) by around 5th december PM me? (else i'll get desperate and start PM-ing all manner of randomers!)

I'd really appreciate the help and you'd get your name/board name in an article - whoohooo smile. <-----

LoewanBRONZE Member
and behold!
464 posts

Posted:
Did someone mentioned free coffee? laugh3

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Message to anyone that knows Munky. He has been seriously injured in a car accident. Head injures and broken pelvis is all I've been told. He is responsive but only just.

I'll let you know more when I do...

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

skribleBRONZE Member
155 posts

Posted:
I really hope he's ok, hes such an awesome guy.

My thoughts and bestest wishes go out to him!
Fingers crossed he makes a speedy recovery

this apple juice is a bit milky isnt it?!

Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
Pass on the love from us all to anyone who goes to see him.

I sincerely hope he's OK

Pete

StealthPetestranger
13 posts

Posted:
oh no! shocked

poor Dan! : (

st3alth

LoewanBRONZE Member
and behold!
464 posts

Posted:
Hope he is OK. Keep us updated on Dan's progress. Wish him a speedy recovery!

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
hughughug for Munky - any more news Dave? Sounds horrendous and serious - we love him too much for nasty things like this to happen to him frown

Are we definitely doing Sunday 4th January for our BIG meet?

Are we going to get another meet in before Xmas?

e
hug x

'The last rays of crimson on the spindle tree as the cerise fruit splits and reveals its orange seeds in a gloriously clashing colour scheme no-one would ever dare to wear'
Euonymous Europeus

Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
sunday 4th FTW

smile

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
**old person alert** WTF is FTW?? confused2laugh3

Are you feeling betterer today Pete? Shame I missed you - had a lovely afternoon in Chester and did 90% of my prezzie shopping angel - so I was in a well good mood smile

Also have a noo computerator, new ISP and they both worked 1st time on time smile And I have a noo-to-me camera donated by my auntie :):)

So life's looking pretty good at the minute - and then I think about Munky..... no news from anyone?

'The last rays of crimson on the spindle tree as the cerise fruit splits and reveals its orange seeds in a gloriously clashing colour scheme no-one would ever dare to wear'
Euonymous Europeus

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Munky is doing well... He's had an operation and is in good spirits. (Except for the whole being grumpy about not being able to walk thing...) Still not sure when he's out of hospital but at least he's out of the woods...

Anyone up for a mini pre-xmas meet on Sunday 21st?

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

old hand
865 posts

Posted:
hmmm im back on the 20th for crimbo so its a possibility. but definatly glad to hear munkey's doing well

Proud Co-Owner of PoiBoi
Owned by J.A.C

Hunting robot foxes
1,046 posts

Posted:
21st is a possibility, but a slim one - big xmas meal/drinking sesh with all the people back from uni on the 20th so the chances of getting myself out of bed to trek to Manchester are slim...