Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Manchester Spinners Meet up Info + Stuff

Login/Join to Participate
Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
juggle weavesmiley Manchester Spinner’s Meet up and stuff weavesmiley juggle

Hi all If you are looking for people to spin poi with in the North west this is the place to be.

For any one new to this sight DON’T READ THE WHOLE THREAD it has been going a long time and contains lots of old information and chat about previous meet ups and organisation stuff just go to the last few posts to find out the most up-to-date information on current events.

First a bit of info the Manchester spinners lot is no professional spinning troop or organised events it is just a group of people who get together to enjoy themselves. The first meet up was organised way beck in September 04 https://delizium.fotopic.net/c291964.html

The crowd has changed a bit from back then but we have kept a few old timers we welcome all along to come and join us for a spin whether you be experienced or a complete beginner we are willing to teach and learn from you.

Their is no set time for the meet ups they are usually organised around when people can make it and how long they can stay.

I will try to update this first post as often as I can with the most up-to-date info on meet ups and club nights that allow spinning but if I'm being a bit lax just find the last few posts foe up-to-date info (like I said before weren’t you paying attention)

To date the standard meets have gone as meet up in Piccadilly gardens at 4pm (nice central point where every one can get to) Then move on down to the Gas Works/CastleField or Plat fields Park depending on the wether till everyone gets to cold/tired/burned then on to the pub

( anybody who doesn’t know where this is it can be arranged for someone to come meet you at the train station or wherever you are coming from .) smile

{ ubblove We are a nice bunch like that ubblove}

Accommodation for a night can usually be arranged but you need to sort this well in advance no just turning up expecting somewhere to sleep eek

(more to be added and all to be spell checked soon)

pm me any info you would like to add

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
lol im sorry didnt mean it to sound like that. The only reason i said i couldnt make the 15th is because im supposed to be going to a murder mystery on the 14th, but it might not even matter now.

you guys say when the majority can go, and ill come smile

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

SeyeSILVER Member
Geek
1,261 posts

Posted:
Guys - I'm Dj'ing in Jabez Clegg on Saturday night.

The night will be very spinner / juggler friendly.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=logo#/event.php?eid=132793500715&ref=ts

There's 2 rooms -

Main Room (Hybrid UV)
Trance & Techno

Overtonez
Nanook
Wayne Psybase
Scott Hub
Hypnotryst

Room 2
Reggae, Hip Hop, House, Breaks, Jungle, Breakcore

Shitmat vs Hoonboy - Live Breakcore
Seye & Tommmy - House, Breaks, DnB
Goatboy - Reggae & Hip Hop classics

Entry £5

Jabez Clegg
10pm-4am
Saturday 7th March

I'm playing 11pm - 1am. Would be really good to see a few of you guys there.

grin

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
[Old link]

how do you do links on reply's now?????

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
Wow I'm actually posting, I may be able to make the 15th as long as the 14th is hectic.

So I guess I'll be seeing you all at jabez? Shitmat and Seye and that nanook fella all under one roof get in!!

Ohh but also on the plugging I'll be doing a double on sat, Dubstep at Open plan in their new venue with the Neuron Pro Audio Soundsystem!

https://www.facebook.com/album.php?profile&id=583776409#/event.php?eid=74232374664

I so recommend coming on bikes at 8 for open plan then shooting off at 10;45 to see Seye play!

*Thats one of my favourite Nurseries over there,*

Roman, Trippie Hippie,On the way back from Play Festival

FelixwahSILVER Member
journeyman
81 posts

Posted:
i might be able to come on the 15th! well up for jabez clegg as well grin breakcore goodness smile

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Okies!

Everyone on for this Sunday 15th March then?

I'll be arriving about 17:20 as I finish work at 17:00

See you guys there! Bring fuel!

Sweeeet

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

=Flashpoint=SILVER Member
Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
i will if I have vehicle fuel smile

ohmygodlaserbeamspewpewpew!
ubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmile

SeyeSILVER Member
Geek
1,261 posts

Posted:
I should be around on Sunday folks. I'll aim for 17:00 unless anyone fancies getting there earlier. I wouldnt mind having a bit of time to play in the daylight.

Also if anyone's interested I'm organising the Chorlton Green Festival on the 4th of April. There's going to be loads of bands, organic food / cider / beer, green workshops and general entertainment. Its free except for the ceilidh (irish barn dance) in the evening. All the details are on the website.

After that (on the night of 4th April) I'm going to be playing a full on rinse out breaks / dnb set at Jabez Clegg (probably 2-4am) at the most juggler / spinner friendly night in Manchester. Facebook Event Page
The rest of the night will be Psy Trance in the main room and Hip / Trip Hop, Dubstep, House, Breaks & Jungle in the side room.

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Argh

that was a slack turnout this Sunday 3 of the regular crew and 3 of one's friends!

Anyone up for a meet Sunday 29th March?

I'm gonna see if I can get Munky to stick around after his first night out since his accident on the Friday before...

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

LoewanBRONZE Member
and behold!
464 posts

Posted:
No can do. Dissertation due in on the 1st of April! All hells my friend! All hells!

Why let your body be a temple? When it can be a theme park?

Wii Console Number: 3294 0297 7824 7498

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Damn...

I'm guessing from the lack replies from everyone else it's a no to the 29th then?

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Evening. Sorry to bother you chaps and chappettes but I have an event to publicise. I was going to text you but several of you, very selfishly, haven't given me your numbers (as yet?)...

There's a charity comedy gig at the Comedy Store in Deansgate Locks tonight in aid of Sponsor a Veteran it's all a bit last minute and details are sketchy but Jason Manford is on and Justin Moorhouse is compering. You should definitely try to get along. It's for a good cause.

No tickets on the door though. You'll need to go get them from reception at Key 103 before 7pm

hug

Meh

Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
29th, hmmm, thats this sunday? No can do, cashflow bad considering im a dirty Doleite at the mo... smile

shocked_prawnSILVER Member
old hand
865 posts

Posted:
i dont think im going to be around during easter after all as im only home for a week frown definatly in june though hug

Proud Co-Owner of PoiBoi
Owned by J.A.C

willworkforfoodjnrSILVER Member
Hunting robot foxes
1,046 posts

Posted:
Hey hey hey! I'm back in the UK now and wanna spin with you guys - any plans for anything in the next few weeks?

Working hard to be a wandering hippie layabout. Ten years down, five to go!

SeyeSILVER Member
Geek
1,261 posts

Posted:
Guys - One last shout for this weekend from me...

CHORLTONS FIRST BIG GREEN FESTIVAL
This Saturday!!!

If you fancy joining our Bike Parade round Chorlton you'll have to be there by 11am.
Otherwise come down at some point in the day to enjoy the atmosphere, workshops, music, food and beer!

Now with Hooping workshops!!!

Also

Afterwards - I'm playing at Jabez Clegg from 2:30am till 4am at Manchesters most juggler / spinner friendly night.

Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
do you know, Capt'n Seye, I might even be there. Moar ppl pls! smile

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
ok its the long dead tobi smile

im thinking of killing this thread and the manchester meets as we know them we need new blood and a new start and a chance to get things back to how they where smile

i miss all the spinny stuff so much

on that point i need 2 seats to shell island in a car for me and the little miss T

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

SeyeSILVER Member
Geek
1,261 posts

Posted:
That may well be a good shout - I've asked Holly to make me and Dave admins for the facebook group. Might not be a bad idea to start a new thread here so the first post can be updated to have all the details.

The question is who do we entrust with that responsibility?
(or more to the point who is willing to update the topic regularly wink )

There's a few new things happening in Manc...

Millhouse has found us a potential new indoor home for winter meets that is easily accesible for everyone.

Meets on Platt fields are starting up again.

There's quite a few of us in Chorlton / Stretford / Whalley Range now so I'm thinking of starting up a Chorlton Park / Chorlton Ees meet. I think during the summer going for a spin at Jacksons Boat might be in order; decent beer and a big beer garden to allow for plenty of spinny space. I'm sure they'd be pretty up for it too.

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
i def think (inc me) that we all need to get our backsides into gear and start pestering peeps about the meets! a resurrection is in order...

Creater of Jenisms(TM)

SeyeSILVER Member
Geek
1,261 posts

Posted:
Most of you have probably just had an message from me through facebook.

Those that havent - Please go to https://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2241114149
(if you are a facebook member) and sign up. It makes it really easy to pass info about meets and such to everyone smile

Circus JamSILVER Member
stranger
3 posts

Posted:
Circus Jam @ Platt Fields Chapel, (next to Platt Fields Park, Wilmslow Road, Fallowfield)

Every Sunday (Starts 17th May) 12noon onwards

Follow the link and join the facebook group Circus Jam...

https://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=94510736423&ref=mf

circusjam@googlemail.com
Zoe: 07784801926

skribleBRONZE Member
155 posts

Posted:
Hey guys,

Me and Tobi have been packing for shell island and we cant seem to find the following -

1 set of fire poi

1 set of monkey fists

1 set of fire snakes

we think we may have left them at a meet, if any of you know where they are or have picked them up please let us know asap as we are a bit worried my number is 07805783671 and tobi's is 07813896194

Thank you

Peace 'n' pies

Terri

X

this apple juice is a bit milky isnt it?!

shocked_prawnSILVER Member
old hand
865 posts

Posted:
hay guys! the end of the year is in sight.... finally, looks like im going to be back on the west side june 27th.... maybe, so heres a little nudge to organise a meet for the begining of july so i can come along, i miss spinning with you guys!
hope you all had a cracking time at shell!
hug hug

Proud Co-Owner of PoiBoi
Owned by J.A.C

FelixwahSILVER Member
journeyman
81 posts

Posted:
Any spinners left in manc? tongue2 Any chance of a meet up soon?

peas and circles

PinkNigelPinker than thou
336 posts

Posted:
What if we just say it's on Sunday 26th?

A wise man once said: "You have two ears and one mouth, therefore you should shut the censored up and listen" (though, to be fair, he might not've put it _quite_ like that..)

Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
26th? Platt Fields?

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
I'm guessing it all depends on the Weather really. If it's gonna be nice, yes Platt Fields. If any chance of rain, stay with Castlefield?

Does that sound like a plan?

PinkNigelPinker than thou
336 posts

Posted:
Rain all week according to the met office , so the grass at Platt Fields isn't going to be nice to sit on. Sunday's looking a bit dodgy too.

A wise man once said: "You have two ears and one mouth, therefore you should shut the censored up and listen" (though, to be fair, he might not've put it _quite_ like that..)

Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
Hmmm...