Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Manchester Spinners Meet up Info + Stuff

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
juggle weavesmiley Manchester Spinner’s Meet up and stuff weavesmiley juggle

Hi all If you are looking for people to spin poi with in the North west this is the place to be.

For any one new to this sight DON’T READ THE WHOLE THREAD it has been going a long time and contains lots of old information and chat about previous meet ups and organisation stuff just go to the last few posts to find out the most up-to-date information on current events.

First a bit of info the Manchester spinners lot is no professional spinning troop or organised events it is just a group of people who get together to enjoy themselves. The first meet up was organised way beck in September 04 https://delizium.fotopic.net/c291964.html

The crowd has changed a bit from back then but we have kept a few old timers we welcome all along to come and join us for a spin whether you be experienced or a complete beginner we are willing to teach and learn from you.

Their is no set time for the meet ups they are usually organised around when people can make it and how long they can stay.

I will try to update this first post as often as I can with the most up-to-date info on meet ups and club nights that allow spinning but if I'm being a bit lax just find the last few posts foe up-to-date info (like I said before weren’t you paying attention)

To date the standard meets have gone as meet up in Piccadilly gardens at 4pm (nice central point where every one can get to) Then move on down to the Gas Works/CastleField or Plat fields Park depending on the wether till everyone gets to cold/tired/burned then on to the pub

( anybody who doesn’t know where this is it can be arranged for someone to come meet you at the train station or wherever you are coming from .) smile

{ ubblove We are a nice bunch like that ubblove}

Accommodation for a night can usually be arranged but you need to sort this well in advance no just turning up expecting somewhere to sleep eek

(more to be added and all to be spell checked soon)

pm me any info you would like to add

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

VixenSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,276 posts

Posted:
Hey,

Thank to everyone for making me feel so welcome and for a really nice turn out. I hope everyone had a really fun time. Will hopefully come back soon! xxx

tHeReS gOoD aNd EvIl iN EaCh InDiViDuAl fIrE, iDeNtIfIeS nEeDs AnD fEeDs OuR dEsIrEs.

minimaniacThe Ladiees Man
360 posts

Posted:
as vix said cheers for the meet it was really good of you all guys!

i learnt so much in one nite and put alot of names to faces!

cheers Cantus and Wild child for wait with vixen and myself for that taxi, which had taken another half houtr after you had gone, but apart from the shitty taxi's

IT WAS GREAT!!!!

cheers again guys!

I'm going to leave the army and run away to the circus

if not i will just become a MI5 agent !!!

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
I'm really dissapointed I missed it due to my little accident on friday! Monkeys fist in the face isnt good especially when it hits your lip piercing and takes half your gums with it my poor teeth!

*Thats one of my favourite Nurseries over there,*

Roman, Trippie Hippie,On the way back from Play Festival

HavokistBRONZE Member

2,530 posts

Posted:
hug for Millhouse, i saw it and it looked like it hurt hug

no problem for saturday, we all had fun and got to spin and play with fire biggrin

and i got to see Vixen's lovely pair of "erm...... poi" as will would say... tongue

dont worry will, you can always make it down for Mr Trippie Hippie's birthday meet

We are the music makers, We are the dreamers of dreams,
Wandering by lone sea-breakers, And sitting by desolate streams;
World-losers and world-forsakers, On whom the pale moon gleams;
We are the movers and shakers of the world for ever, it seems.

VixenSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,276 posts

Posted:

ha ha ha ha ha! xxx

tHeReS gOoD aNd EvIl iN EaCh InDiViDuAl fIrE, iDeNtIfIeS nEeDs AnD fEeDs OuR dEsIrEs.

HavokistBRONZE Member

2,530 posts

Posted:
[Old link]

vixen, about three quarters of the way down the page will and i have a conversation about how great your pair of "poi" are tongue

VixenSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,276 posts

Posted:
Yeah ive seen.... xxx

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
the date and first 2 posts have been changed juggle.

was great to see you again Vix ubblove. You have improved no end smile gurr that means I'm going to have to get practising now!!!! redface

I got some cool vid footage of you all rolleyes especially Bugis’s extravagant dancing in the pub. ubblol

minimaniac hug gurr dam you even more bloody newbie’s ubblove and their super skill at picking stuff up. eek When I next see you at Falmouth you will both make me look like a total beginner. redface redface

Hope to see you make the 4 hour drive up for Romans Birthday now that you know where we are lol. ubblol ubblol

Man peeps go check out the first and second post for updated details of the next meet up.
ubbangel

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

MidianThe Fairy Of Things That Go Bump In The Night ;)
188 posts

Posted:
the meet was fun... and poor millhouse.. do you still have the picture of it?!?

oOo Look At The Pretty Fire.. oOo Touch The Pretty Fire oO.. OWW THE PRETTY FIRE BURNT ME!

SniperBRONZE Member
Snoochie-boochie-noochies!
663 posts

Posted:
*refrains from comment on vixen's 'poi'*

ah what the hey DAMN girl you fine! anyway back to things that won't get me slappededed dunno if i'll be able to make next meet cuz i gotta work @ 8am monday back in pieville (wigan). i'll be on the grass outside the urbis every saturday tho if anyone fancies a random spin or pm me if you fancy a random wigan spin

360 posts

Posted:
mint sauce did you make your three peice staff and if so can you make me one and take it to falmouth!

plus you can spin poi 10 times better than me so don't you worry!

VixenSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,276 posts

Posted:
awww! redface xxx

360 posts

Posted:
well its true!

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
It still hurts now been so paranoid about my teeth falling out, should really see a dentist.

Vixen's Poi? What did i miss?

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
Flash do you still have room in your car? Al this Falmouth talk has me interested

HavokistBRONZE Member

2,530 posts

Posted:
you didn't miss too much, there weren't as many people there, only about 15 ish.

the only major thing you missed was that Cantus's monkey kept invading the camera shot...

*GingerAmy*member
31 posts

Posted:
Millhouse i felt like that when i hit myself in the eye, i thought i'd blinded myself!

Ok, i've read this thread and am confused on when the next meet is. Millhouse i've been told to say Hi from Dr Mike. When's the next meet, coz i'm gonna drag him out with me =)

Amy
-x-

~*~Awesome, oh wow! Like, †o†ally freak me ou†! I mean, righ† on! Amy sure is number one! ~*~

*GingerAmy*member
31 posts

Posted:
Written by: Sniper

some eejit whacked the manager on the head with a glowstring...

Lol, the eegit was Siy and it wasn't the manager it was DJ's girlfriend, and they were my poi! They got stolen!!! Not a happy bunny. frown

~*~Awesome, oh wow! Like, †o†ally freak me ou†! I mean, righ† on! Amy sure is number one! ~*~

=Flashpoint=SILVER Member
Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
Milhouse, its a bit doubtful whether im going, but if you dont mind having stuff on your knees, as I'll be full of firewood, youre welcome to a spot...

ohmygodlaserbeamspewpewpew!
ubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmile

teejay_bluemikes bitch
387 posts

Posted:
hey peeps,

missed it/them again! really wish i had gone but i was workin! ive booked ro's bday spin off work tho so ill def be there!!

also booked the falmouth/my b'day weekend off, not sure if im goin but if i am then me thinks ill have a space or two in a few cars that wud be goin. few non-spinning mates mite be there for me b'day who wud be driving.

mill - im up for the mini spin just lemme no.

also, ive just got my own place so im thinkin i should have a flat warmin spin some time soon to piss the neighbours off.

luffff yoooooooooooo xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

[also, wild child i wasnt kiddin bout the weekend long party baby, ill be in touch bout that one! wink ]

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music - angela monet.

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
Was it John or Mark's GF that got hit? Syon the silly little lad, do get the doc to come down Ammie it'd be great to see him considering what happened last time we were together(It involves pissed scoucers, blood and emergency surgury)

Tee jay great to know you got your own place, where?

I'll put my injury pic on my gallery so you can see my lack of gums

*GingerAmy*member
31 posts

Posted:
It was big Dawn pmsl! I thought she was going to have his guts for garters, Siy then gave the poi to little Mike who quickly had them taken off him by one of the bouncers... I was gutted though coz i was so bored and they took my poi away! He was doing poi (badly) in the middle of the dancefloor at about 4am and Dawn walked past and he smacked her full force on the head!! Hence why they got barred... I'll bring Siy to the meet lol, then you can all throw things at him. Then again, it is only Rockworld i suppose. That place put the Hell in hole i swear...

Hmmm....I'll have to ask Mike about that lol, i'll probably speak to him in a bit so it'll be the Spanish Inquisition hehe.

Teejay-i remember meeting you in Rockworld when my eye was just going down lol! I had the picture on my phone too and was showing everyone my first poi injury woohoo...

Here we go, poi injury complete with lack of make-up and fluffy hair!

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v613/slitwristbarbie/PoiAccident.bmp

When is the meet? Coz the 28th isn't a Friday, it's a Monday.

Oh and Millhouse-are u the moderator person on the MM site/forum. I missed the I out of Ginger in my name lol, is there anyway of changing it without making a new profile lol.
EDITED_BY: *Ammie* (1107339740)

*GingerAmy*member
31 posts

Posted:
Note to self...

Don't play with glow poi in the house... And practice lots.

I just broke my mum's light on the ceiling... Oops... I'm supposed to be ill at home, not playing with poi.

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
Look at the start of the thread!

*GingerAmy*member
31 posts

Posted:
Yeah i just got a bit confused, i saw something about Friday 28th i was sure! Lol. Ok i got it.

I got an offer from ManMet woohoo! Not relevant but am telling everyone anyway lol, i'm excited! ubblol

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
Ok i am making a presumption at the risk of sounding stupid, the information for Trippy Hippies bday is 26/27th, which is sat n sun, as some of you know i work sat nights but would very much be up for meet on sun, tobi said something about it but just checking, so the meet is the sun 27th yeh? if so you bet your bottom dollar i'll be there!

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

SniperBRONZE Member
Snoochie-boochie-noochies!
663 posts

Posted:
eep. hey ammiebabe how's things hun? lol didn't know it was siy

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
yay will

loki.c1687SILVER Member
addict
546 posts

Posted:
sunday sounds cool to me....
mike.c

Rules and responsibities:
These are the ties that bind us.
We do what we do,because of who we are.
If we did otherwise,we would not be ourselves.
I will do what i have to do
And i will do what i must..

tripologistmember
47 posts

Posted:
Hmm... think I'll goto the next meet and actually do something instead of just sitting there being pissed. Heylos btw.

Page: ......