Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Manchester Spinners Meet up Info + Stuff

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
juggle weavesmiley Manchester Spinner’s Meet up and stuff weavesmiley juggle

Hi all If you are looking for people to spin poi with in the North west this is the place to be.

For any one new to this sight DON’T READ THE WHOLE THREAD it has been going a long time and contains lots of old information and chat about previous meet ups and organisation stuff just go to the last few posts to find out the most up-to-date information on current events.

First a bit of info the Manchester spinners lot is no professional spinning troop or organised events it is just a group of people who get together to enjoy themselves. The first meet up was organised way beck in September 04 https://delizium.fotopic.net/c291964.html

The crowd has changed a bit from back then but we have kept a few old timers we welcome all along to come and join us for a spin whether you be experienced or a complete beginner we are willing to teach and learn from you.

Their is no set time for the meet ups they are usually organised around when people can make it and how long they can stay.

I will try to update this first post as often as I can with the most up-to-date info on meet ups and club nights that allow spinning but if I'm being a bit lax just find the last few posts foe up-to-date info (like I said before weren’t you paying attention)

To date the standard meets have gone as meet up in Piccadilly gardens at 4pm (nice central point where every one can get to) Then move on down to the Gas Works/CastleField or Plat fields Park depending on the wether till everyone gets to cold/tired/burned then on to the pub

( anybody who doesn’t know where this is it can be arranged for someone to come meet you at the train station or wherever you are coming from .) smile

{ ubblove We are a nice bunch like that ubblove}

Accommodation for a night can usually be arranged but you need to sort this well in advance no just turning up expecting somewhere to sleep eek

(more to be added and all to be spell checked soon)

pm me any info you would like to add

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
skuuly check your PM@s smile i may have a place for ya

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
HoPpers in Manchester - now there's a thought to conjure with!

I'm going to Play and may well have an empty car coming back (apart from me of course - it's not yet learnet to drive itself biggrin ) but unlikely to be able to come to Manc to pick anyone up on Friday - best I can offer on that one is picking up from Chester Station if you're desperate.

But it really is a last resort as my sis's car has just blown a head gasket so I might have either ppl of stuff in my car frown

'The last rays of crimson on the spindle tree as the cerise fruit splits and reveals its orange seeds in a gloriously clashing colour scheme no-one would ever dare to wear'
Euonymous Europeus

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
guys whats happening with the train? im definatley getting it, ans spoke o sam and rosemary and they are coming too.

anyone else? gonna go buy my ticket now cause dont want it going up on the day

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
Liquid_bubblegum thanks for the link and such, but did you read any of the REVIEWS of the campsite? They say "This site is not aimed at people in tents. The pitches are uneven and full of dog poo, not ideal." and "Tents are seperate from caravans here and the fields for the tents are undrained and very boggy."

Also what kind of transport links are there to the place.... I couldn't find any ref to public transport links on the website you sent me.

Thank you for trying to find somewhere. I'm not convinced this is the place though. ubbrollsmile

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
may be an ide to higher a big hall to accomodate hoppers camping round manchester is crap and if you want to camp the coast is the best bet

we could even do blackpool it has great acess for trains and it even has its own airport (i think)

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
A hall would be great if we could get one. To be honest, with the weather we are having right now, looking ahead to sept it might be really wet.... who can tell.... but Camping in the rain is only fun as long as its not cold at night. Sleeping in a wet tent in soaking wet clothes in the cold is no fun.

Blackpool is an idea too. Do we have any Blackpool HoPpers that might know of cheap places to stay?

All I think we really need is a place thats easy to get to by public transport, that has cheap accommodation and that doesn't mind us all smelling of paraffin. smile

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
when do you want to hold it i will have a search around for sutibal locations i have a few posibal but would have to talk to land owners and stuff

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
How about a scout campsite?

I've been on lots around Manchester there'd be other things to do too like climb and if there are scouts camping at the same time we go in to a different field or something, I'll get on to the one of the cheif scouty guys in manchester.

One campsite I would think of would be Ashworth Valley in Rochdale its isolated but has a large shally thing with a few bedrooms with bunkbeds and a full kitchen, I think its priced at £150 a weekend(Well it was 2 years ago)

Not sure of websites or out but look it up
EDITED_BY: house_of_mill (1123371797)

*Thats one of my favourite Nurseries over there,*

Roman, Trippie Hippie,On the way back from Play Festival

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
This probably isnt gonna be alot of help but have you thought of invading Preston, Bolton or Blackburn? All these places are on main bus routes getting to any one of these places from Manchester is like one 20min bus ride each. There might be suitable places to set up camp in any of these if your really having trouble finding anywhere else.

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
plus bolton has a great train service from manchester ubbangel

Creater of Jenisms(TM)

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
In other words Joe you just want us all to travel to you to save you the bother of getting up off your ass to come and meet us? ubblol

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
I know a camp site in Bolton too, called Hulton Park I think its near an old mental hospital.

Maybe Joe and Jen should investigate with you being local?

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
yeah no probs, ill give it a quick search on the net but if you have any more info on it martin lemme know smile

Creater of Jenisms(TM)

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
Its a scout campsite there is cows outside it and has a climbing wall

I'll be meeting my mom tomorrow so I'll ask her to get some info on manchester campsites that wont mind drunken antics in the night!

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
cool a mental hospital thats diffinatly an attraction worth looking at over the high fences lol

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
Its shut down from what i can remember.
The bolton Campsite place has a place within it called the Kitchen gardens, I was told a story about an escapee being cornered in there by staff from the hospital and the police but he was never found

Anyway my first suggestion of a campsite https://www.ashworthvalley.org.uk/index1.htm
I've been there lots it gets a bit boggy but on top of the hills are fine

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
mill that looks like a great sight now all we have to to is convince them to let us stay for a long weekend

teejay_bluemikes bitch
387 posts

Posted:
hey everyone,

wots everyone up 2? hope ur all ok n stuff gimme a quick email or summit to say hey x

jen x

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music - angela monet.

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
jen!jen!jen! bounce

*jumps on jen* hug missed you! hug

Creater of Jenisms(TM)

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
I've only had a really quick look at the site you posted Mill because I'm meant to be on a bus to work but it looks good. I have one campsite left in the Gower to ring today to ask if we can take over their site and if it falls through I think we should arrange the Invasion of Manchester.

Thanks for looking for places people hug You're all so great! Yay the Manchester Crew!

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
Ok the last Gower campsite I asked was booked out and doesn't take large group bookings from adults.......hmm I'm sure I've heard that one somewhere before.... oh yes thats right it was at all the other Gower campsites I rang. Hrmph!

So lets work on the Manchester campsite owners! Mill do you want to contact this place as you are a scout leader..... I was a venture scout once...... for about 6 months........ does that count?

Will this place take us only if it thinks we are a scouting group.... if so could we say something along the lines of we are all people looking to volunteer to become scout leaders and this is a bonding/training weekend to see if its really what we want to do? Small fib, I know, but everybody I've been honest with telling them we are fire spinners have slammed the door in my face.

I added up how much it would cost to have the 32 bed lodge thing and it was about £5 a night if we fill it. Camping is £3.50 per adult per night and the lodge is a flat £48 per night. It tells you to add on the nightly camping fee to the lodge fee to get a total cost which is £160 per night with 32 people.

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
Oops.... I seem to be flooding your thread, Sorry...

Matty B has maybe found us a place to invade Wales. It can only take about 50 people and its some kind of festival on farmland. I don't know much more than that yet but I've asked him to post something up in the Invasion thread in the chat forum.

Still not solid plans but it looks hopeful.

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
Teeeeeeejaaaaayyy ! Hello sweet-thing, how's your summer going? missed you lots hun so hope you'll be back soon kiss hug2

That scout camp looks fab - maybe we should just say spinners and jugglers and leave the fire bit out.... shrug

Do we know the def date? Trippie, me n some mates are planning on going to Bestival and that's 9-11th Sept, which is 2nd weekend.... ?

'The last rays of crimson on the spindle tree as the cerise fruit splits and reveals its orange seeds in a gloriously clashing colour scheme no-one would ever dare to wear'
Euonymous Europeus

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
First things First Jen fooking great to see you post where are you now adays still on the Isle?

You need to come back to Manc andsee how things have changed!

Anyway Camp site stuff Elaine no dates yet its a work in progress I've not got onto the Campsite yet I made a any scouts thread and want to see who posts so I can back up the request, I've mentioned it to a few local scout people about it and they think we'd have it (Our group has had Xmax camp there for 10 years or so, so they know them wellish) i'm hoping word will spread to them.

I've got my mom on the case too as it turns out the main manchester man is her mate so fingers crossed again!

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
Mill hun, Sorry for messing you about with this. I really thought the Welsh invasion was a non starter for this year.

I like the idea of this campsite though as it has the lodges so its not out of the question to have a mid winter meet. Something to break up those cold winter months ubblol If we can get them to let us use the site and we keep in their good books it might become a regular thing..... maybe?

LazyAngelGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,895 posts

Posted:
Invading up north eh? when might this be taking place? As of the 15th September I am released of the bonds of my dissertation (hopefully) and will be able to finally go to more events, especially as I'm missing PLAY frown

Because ActiveAngel sounds like a feminine deodorant

Like sex, I'm much more interesting in real life than online.

'Be the change you want to see in the world around you' - Ghandi

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
bounce2 bounce2 bounce2
bounce2 bounce2
bounce2

Regular would be wow!

It could give Roachdale sorry Rochdale a good name

SniperBRONZE Member
Snoochie-boochie-noochies!
663 posts

Posted:
Written by: house_of_mill

It could give Roachdale sorry Rochdale a good name

skully's THAT good? might have to show my face then

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
Another face we havnt seen for a while, Martin your yet to meet scully, a dedicated to Fun Lady she is!

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
If she is that good i wiiiill...follow her around and announce her presence with a trumpet when ever she wishes to speak *bows off humbly*

Page: ......