Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Manchester Spinners Meet up Info + Stuff

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
juggle weavesmiley Manchester Spinner’s Meet up and stuff weavesmiley juggle

Hi all If you are looking for people to spin poi with in the North west this is the place to be.

For any one new to this sight DON’T READ THE WHOLE THREAD it has been going a long time and contains lots of old information and chat about previous meet ups and organisation stuff just go to the last few posts to find out the most up-to-date information on current events.

First a bit of info the Manchester spinners lot is no professional spinning troop or organised events it is just a group of people who get together to enjoy themselves. The first meet up was organised way beck in September 04 https://delizium.fotopic.net/c291964.html

The crowd has changed a bit from back then but we have kept a few old timers we welcome all along to come and join us for a spin whether you be experienced or a complete beginner we are willing to teach and learn from you.

Their is no set time for the meet ups they are usually organised around when people can make it and how long they can stay.

I will try to update this first post as often as I can with the most up-to-date info on meet ups and club nights that allow spinning but if I'm being a bit lax just find the last few posts foe up-to-date info (like I said before weren’t you paying attention)

To date the standard meets have gone as meet up in Piccadilly gardens at 4pm (nice central point where every one can get to) Then move on down to the Gas Works/CastleField or Plat fields Park depending on the wether till everyone gets to cold/tired/burned then on to the pub

( anybody who doesn’t know where this is it can be arranged for someone to come meet you at the train station or wherever you are coming from .) smile

{ ubblove We are a nice bunch like that ubblove}

Accommodation for a night can usually be arranged but you need to sort this well in advance no just turning up expecting somewhere to sleep eek

(more to be added and all to be spell checked soon)

pm me any info you would like to add

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

robnunchucksBRONZE Member
enthusiast
363 posts

Posted:
whens the circus on time and place?

My nunchucks vital statictics biggrin

weight: 500g
handle lenght: 16 inches
chain length: 2 inches

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
COOL

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
Andy of course your welcome to come down, just keep looking for when people set a date

Good to see your back Rob, Fire scoota souts fun, can you make a unicycle one?

Elaine I didnt find your boot, did you find my hat and my book? Would of texted you but credit.Circus is going to be mad, but when? Are you meeting mike in the pub? I'm lost

Go Tobi go tobi go!

*Thats one of my favourite Nurseries over there,*

Roman, Trippie Hippie,On the way back from Play Festival

=Flamer=member
192 posts

Posted:
Nice one.. I'll keep an eye out for dates.

Andy

Fire Staff £27, Paraffin £10... setting yourself alight, Priceless!

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
Got your hat and book Mill, Ro found my boot outside his and I've got his toy bag!

Mike said to meet in Piccadilly Tavern at 5 on Saturday for those going to the circus.

The circus is on Platts Field which is on Oxford road, just after Rusholme/curry mile and Mike was on about walking down...

The performance is at 7.30 and if the weather's OK we'll prob have a play on the park afterwards.

I might duck out of meeting early and see you guys at the circus - I gotta drive anyways so can't drink frown and got shed loads to do on Sunday (making 2 medeival costumes for next weekend)

Jen was talking about Sat Aug 27th for next meet - it's Bank Hol weekend so how does it suit evwryone else?

See you tomorrow.. hug weavesmiley juggle

'The last rays of crimson on the spindle tree as the cerise fruit splits and reveals its orange seeds in a gloriously clashing colour scheme no-one would ever dare to wear'
Euonymous Europeus

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
your walking to platt feild?????? ubblol have fun tongue
im getting the bus after work so will meet you guys there.

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

loki.c1687SILVER Member
addict
546 posts

Posted:
nar i siad there is a bus we could walk to silly!!!
me walk more ten 200m i think not!!!huff!!
:-)
mike.c

Rules and responsibities:
These are the ties that bind us.
We do what we do,because of who we are.
If we did otherwise,we would not be ourselves.
I will do what i have to do
And i will do what i must..

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
Erm I'll probably meet you guys in the circus to it seems so silly to go all the way to town when the park is round the corner from mine, I unicycled past the big top thing before its like a big dome tent?

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Sat Aug 27th sounds good, plenty of time for me to get off my ass and get some cash together for it being skint is not fun. Unless anything happens i'll def come along...probably lol

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

loki.c1687SILVER Member
addict
546 posts

Posted:
mill come for drink and good convo

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
Mike I'll fork out for the circus but not for drinking play festival needs paying for!

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
So how was the circus? Do I get any points for mentioning that Tobi has spelt "field wildly wrong in the 'new' venue strap for this thread?

Meh

SniperBRONZE Member
Snoochie-boochie-noochies!
663 posts

Posted:
yep. and a hobnob. enjoy

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Written by:

Jen was talking about Sat Aug 27th for next meet - it's Bank Hol weekend so how does it suit evwryone else?

Oh is that jen as in liquid bubblegum?

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

monkeynamedspankPadawan
197 posts

Posted:
Circus was well good. Lots of people hanging from ropes and poles and random girls bouncing around.

Not enough fire though.

Did some cool spinning afterwards too. There'll probably be videos around at some point of the fire circle.
EDITED_BY: monkeynamedspank (1122847906)

Damn the addictiveness of forums! (Or should it be addictivity?)

loki.c1687SILVER Member
addict
546 posts

Posted:
yeah circus was mad loved it!!!!
mike.c

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
Written by: Brit_Joe

Written by:

Oh is that jen as in liquid bubblegum?

yeah thats me biggrin

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
Got nice brands from the circus your'l see

loki.c1687SILVER Member
addict
546 posts

Posted:
huh????
mike.c

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
As im my wraps with no top on Mike, your signiture says it all, who from manc is going or rather coming to Play Fest?

Trippy
Milly
kyliewhiley
Elainywaynie
Jennywenny

And who'y You'y?

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Me-ey.

Possib-ly.

I've blagged a cheque from my brother and maybe a lift down. No idea how to get back and/or how I'm going to be able to eat or drink.....

Meh

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
me of corce

HavokistBRONZE Member

2,530 posts

Posted:
seeing as millhouse keeps telling me that it's a secret how you're getting down:

how are people getting to play?

We are the music makers, We are the dreamers of dreams,
Wandering by lone sea-breakers, And sitting by desolate streams;
World-losers and world-forsakers, On whom the pale moon gleams;
We are the movers and shakers of the world for ever, it seems.

SniperBRONZE Member
Snoochie-boochie-noochies!
663 posts

Posted:
it's a secret

tongue

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
im getting the train unless theres a lift.... i know trains about £20 return.

dont like being called jenny frown

Creater of Jenisms(TM)

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
Can I run an idea by you Manchester people?

I'm meant to be organising an invasion of Wales for the 2nd weekend in Sept but I'm having a really hard time finding a campsite that will take us. They all claim to be 'family sites' and won't let a large group of adults book in. I'm still working on this, but if it all falls through I was wondering if we could do an invasion of England in Sept and then put off the invasion of Wales until next summer when hopefully I will have found us somewhere to camp. My idea was to pick a central city that has good transport links such as an an airport so people can fly straight in, train and bus routes from all the other major cities. I kind of ended up thinking Manchester. Can you guys think of any way we can put up about 30 spinners cheaply and do you want us to come to manchester or would you prefer we pick another city?

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
humm let me ponder this I will start looking for somewhere to stay and spin
EDITED_BY: Mint Sauce (1123183404)

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I'm beginning to think that Mint Sauce is spelling things wrong on porpoise....

Meh

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
gurr I'm just being lazy
ask any one who has msn’d with me for more than five min

HavokistBRONZE Member

2,530 posts

Posted:
the only problem i can think of in terms of being invaded is the only campsites don't seem to be too near where we usually spin, they all seem to be around rochdale, hyde and bury, which is the opposite side, but if one of the spinners from north manchester can find anywhere scally free (we are in manchester don't forget) then im sure we could go there over the weekend...?

edit: after a while of searching, i found a campsite a reasonable distance from manchester with info here a caravan park about two minutes away from where i live, but it may just be a caravan park with info here and if all else fails there's a youth hostel apparently a short walk away from the city centre with info here

EDITED_BY: Havokist (1123194160)

We are the music makers, We are the dreamers of dreams,
Wandering by lone sea-breakers, And sitting by desolate streams;
World-losers and world-forsakers, On whom the pale moon gleams;
We are the movers and shakers of the world for ever, it seems.

Page: ......