Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Manchester Spinners Meet up Info + Stuff

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
juggle weavesmiley Manchester Spinner’s Meet up and stuff weavesmiley juggle

Hi all If you are looking for people to spin poi with in the North west this is the place to be.

For any one new to this sight DON’T READ THE WHOLE THREAD it has been going a long time and contains lots of old information and chat about previous meet ups and organisation stuff just go to the last few posts to find out the most up-to-date information on current events.

First a bit of info the Manchester spinners lot is no professional spinning troop or organised events it is just a group of people who get together to enjoy themselves. The first meet up was organised way beck in September 04 https://delizium.fotopic.net/c291964.html

The crowd has changed a bit from back then but we have kept a few old timers we welcome all along to come and join us for a spin whether you be experienced or a complete beginner we are willing to teach and learn from you.

Their is no set time for the meet ups they are usually organised around when people can make it and how long they can stay.

I will try to update this first post as often as I can with the most up-to-date info on meet ups and club nights that allow spinning but if I'm being a bit lax just find the last few posts foe up-to-date info (like I said before weren’t you paying attention)

To date the standard meets have gone as meet up in Piccadilly gardens at 4pm (nice central point where every one can get to) Then move on down to the Gas Works/CastleField or Plat fields Park depending on the wether till everyone gets to cold/tired/burned then on to the pub

( anybody who doesn’t know where this is it can be arranged for someone to come meet you at the train station or wherever you are coming from .) smile

{ ubblove We are a nice bunch like that ubblove}

Accommodation for a night can usually be arranged but you need to sort this well in advance no just turning up expecting somewhere to sleep eek

(more to be added and all to be spell checked soon)

pm me any info you would like to add

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
Not too tight people I cant take to much huggin!

Elaine you said you were busy with work so I thought I'd talk to you through Roman like we said when you left the park.

Iy you undo the wheel they cycle take up bugger all room, or fit my gear in the car and let me grab hold of the back of it and Unicyle there!

Harris I did stare at you alot should of really done it a close distance accompanied with worda but as usual got soooo dis erm dis UNICYCLE er erm Tracked but we will chat next time when I try pinching your lovely diablo from you.

*Thats one of my favourite Nurseries over there,*

Roman, Trippie Hippie,On the way back from Play Festival

harrisnewbie
5 posts

Posted:
yeah cool no worries matey!!!!!! lol

its all good!!!!!!!!!

why wait to do something??? do it now!!!!!!!!!!!

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
Bin thinking about stuff and room and also timing - I'll pm all 3 of you

e
x

'The last rays of crimson on the spindle tree as the cerise fruit splits and reveals its orange seeds in a gloriously clashing colour scheme no-one would ever dare to wear'
Euonymous Europeus

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
well, i do have two bags, so thats gonna be what, £60, £80 for hire and for gas? and what time were people thinking of leaving?
I might go down later... or something... not really sure yet.... but keep me posted on details please!

-K

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

=Flashpoint=SILVER Member
Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
Well, I'll leave departure times for Wild_Child as she knows what she's doing!

About 50 - 60 for hire and gas, i'll keep it economical biggrin

ohmygodlaserbeamspewpewpew!
ubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmile

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
pete im n ot working on thu now so can set of whenever you like

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

SniperBRONZE Member
Snoochie-boochie-noochies!
663 posts

Posted:
need to get out again. any news on a post-fal meet?

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
Pete

Not too sure how it's all going to pan out, but looks like earliest we'll be setting off from Northwich is 11pm thurs night. As a result, it might be better to leave it till 12 or even 1 so we don't arrive at daft o'clock and wake people up. Plus I might get a couple of hours downtime so I'm not awake 24hrs plus and driving eek

But let me know what you think - I can receive pm's after now but not reply to them until late evenings so use them for giving info and I'll txt or call you back

2 more sleeps!

e
x

'The last rays of crimson on the spindle tree as the cerise fruit splits and reveals its orange seeds in a gloriously clashing colour scheme no-one would ever dare to wear'
Euonymous Europeus

Mr Munkynewbie
4 posts

Posted:
did any1 lose some keys on platt fields park on sun coz they're at mine an mills house!

well gud meet, learn't loadsa new stuff!

You gotta spin it to win it!

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
pete check your pm,s

HavokistBRONZE Member

2,530 posts

Posted:
people going to falmouth in pete/flashpoint's car:

meet at gasworks at 7 tomorrow(thursday)? he should be buying a car so it should be much cheaper than renting smile

We are the music makers, We are the dreamers of dreams,
Wandering by lone sea-breakers, And sitting by desolate streams;
World-losers and world-forsakers, On whom the pale moon gleams;
We are the movers and shakers of the world for ever, it seems.

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
brilliant. and i'll see you at 6 today.

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
am all packed I think now just to do the personal grooming

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
blump

lets start the next one on the way

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
if its a sunday then anyone interested in the 14th or 28th??? or around then? - just an idea

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
Written by: Mint Sauce

am all packed I think now just to do the personal grooming

Clearly it works wink

Hi folks

What a fab Falmouth! but enough of that...

I'll be away in Wales on 14th and it's my mum's b'day on 28th (but could do 27th)

In the meantime, anyone up for going to the circus this week? It's on Platt Field and it's on til sunday. My sister's mate is performing - she's seen it and says it's fab....

performances are:

7.30 Thurs & Fri

3.00 and 7.30 Sat

3.00 Sun

Prices are £12 or £8 for students (proof required)

If we go for 7.30 saturday, we could have a mini-meet afterwards and even a beer or two?

Euonymous Europeus

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
wow circus! bounce im working sat and sun frown but im sure i may be able to make it for a couple of hours before getting the last bus back to my mums.
27th is cool biggrin

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)

loki.c1687SILVER Member
addict
546 posts

Posted:
yeah ill come this sat but can u meet us im not sure of the way!!!???
mike.c

Rules and responsibities:
These are the ties that bind us.
We do what we do,because of who we are.
If we did otherwise,we would not be ourselves.
I will do what i have to do
And i will do what i must..

HavokistBRONZE Member

2,530 posts

Posted:
i can't make it this weekend, cause of an uberly huge family get together over in Ireland.

see you all soon smile

edit: is anyone going to play? i remember tobi saying he was, and i'm thinking about going but not sure on transport.
EDITED_BY: Havokist (1122502288)

We are the music makers, We are the dreamers of dreams,
Wandering by lone sea-breakers, And sitting by desolate streams;
World-losers and world-forsakers, On whom the pale moon gleams;
We are the movers and shakers of the world for ever, it seems.

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
i am bounce biggrin gonna get my ticket as soon as money goes into my account

Creater of Jenisms(TM)

JustwalkMember
68 posts

Posted:
For the circus, can we just buy tickets at the door? Or we have to book them somehow?

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
the tickets are bought at the circus (pay in), the booking tickets are for play festival smile

Creater of Jenisms(TM)

loki.c1687SILVER Member
addict
546 posts

Posted:
well so far there are 8ish peeps who wana to come down we are meeting in pic tavon at 5 to feast apon 1 pound 30 jack and coke's then get off down to the circus!!!
Add your name the THE LIST!!!!!

Mike
Wild child
Sam
Rose
Bret
Jenna
Anna(who is traving from out of town and is v.nice...hands of she's mikes!!!)
millhouse

And is anyone up for a spin after wards????oh we could go into town for awhile????
mike.c

robnunchucksBRONZE Member
enthusiast
363 posts

Posted:
aright guys long time no see im back in from uni for the summer been back a while but i've been buissy as hell but from friday im almost totaly free any meets going down any time soon i've got 2 new toys to show you all bungy nunchucks and fire scooter smile

My nunchucks vital statictics biggrin

weight: 500g
handle lenght: 16 inches
chain length: 2 inches

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
come to play rob we need you there

enthusiast
363 posts

Posted:
will do where and whens the next meet?

loki.c1687SILVER Member
addict
546 posts

Posted:
we'll come to the circus we'll proberly have a play after that i know me and sam with be staying for a spin if its dry

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
i ment plsy festival
https://www.playfestival.co.uk/modules/page/

=Flamer=member
192 posts

Posted:
Hey, I'm new to this foum. When's the next meet-up.. I'm from Southport and I'd like to come down sometime and join in.

Andy

Fire Staff £27, Paraffin £10... setting yourself alight, Priceless!

enthusiast
363 posts

Posted:
yer man im going to play smile

Page: ......