Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Manchester Spinners Meet up Info + Stuff

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
juggle weavesmiley Manchester Spinner’s Meet up and stuff weavesmiley juggle

Hi all If you are looking for people to spin poi with in the North west this is the place to be.

For any one new to this sight DON’T READ THE WHOLE THREAD it has been going a long time and contains lots of old information and chat about previous meet ups and organisation stuff just go to the last few posts to find out the most up-to-date information on current events.

First a bit of info the Manchester spinners lot is no professional spinning troop or organised events it is just a group of people who get together to enjoy themselves. The first meet up was organised way beck in September 04 https://delizium.fotopic.net/c291964.html

The crowd has changed a bit from back then but we have kept a few old timers we welcome all along to come and join us for a spin whether you be experienced or a complete beginner we are willing to teach and learn from you.

Their is no set time for the meet ups they are usually organised around when people can make it and how long they can stay.

I will try to update this first post as often as I can with the most up-to-date info on meet ups and club nights that allow spinning but if I'm being a bit lax just find the last few posts foe up-to-date info (like I said before weren’t you paying attention)

To date the standard meets have gone as meet up in Piccadilly gardens at 4pm (nice central point where every one can get to) Then move on down to the Gas Works/CastleField or Plat fields Park depending on the wether till everyone gets to cold/tired/burned then on to the pub

( anybody who doesn’t know where this is it can be arranged for someone to come meet you at the train station or wherever you are coming from .) smile

{ ubblove We are a nice bunch like that ubblove}

Accommodation for a night can usually be arranged but you need to sort this well in advance no just turning up expecting somewhere to sleep eek

(more to be added and all to be spell checked soon)

pm me any info you would like to add

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
Kinda freaky that your Party gets cancelled and my housewarming?New house mates birthday that I only found out about 15mins ago is on when your Party was supposed to be, I was almost having to say Elaine sorry I cant come instead its Elaine do you want to come? Same goes out to the other regulars

*Thats one of my favourite Nurseries over there,*

Roman, Trippie Hippie,On the way back from Play Festival

HavokistBRONZE Member

2,530 posts

Posted:
i think seeing as it's july, we need to start organising getting down to Falmouth

i intend to go, and i think Trippie, Wild Child and Flashpoint were wanting to go, and possibly one or two of the non HoP spinners, but who else?

We are the music makers, We are the dreamers of dreams,
Wandering by lone sea-breakers, And sitting by desolate streams;
World-losers and world-forsakers, On whom the pale moon gleams;
We are the movers and shakers of the world for ever, it seems.

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
Kyrian would be appreciative of some manchester peeps to travel with to falmouth, ive mentioned to her about poping into this thread. ooooo only 2 weeks! bounce

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
Sniff no fair IO wanna go Falmouth Damn my debts Yeah Like Jen said sort Kyrian out

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
Ok, I am not gonna try and read this guys! but I would love for a ride down- it seems a certain Havokist is trying to make everything work for me, but be advised I would love a ride down, I'd love to meet you all, and I'm tied up in York until thursday, I mean I can leave early thursday (21) if I have to but I can't come over wednesday night or anything. And can't really stay longer than thursday either. I would say pm him/her if you have anything useful for me, cause I'm running out of room in my box- and hopefully someone will come up with something fun smile

bounce

-Kyri

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

GothFrogetteBRONZE Member
grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
Written by: Kyrian

.......... I'm tied up in York until thursday,..............

-Kyri

ubblol what you should do is put a little pot infront of you saying "Free the Kyrian donations needed" and then you can fly down and bring every one with you. biggrin

Life's too short to worry about where you put your marshmallows

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
ubblol hehehe sounds like a plan

what day are you guys going down? pweese dont miss the fancy dress again ubbangel

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
Millhouse you not coming to Falmouth frown, no excuse mister

is it really only 2 weeks biggrin

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
Mill House - ta for invite - will let you know (and let Ro know too) kiss

Jenna - when's the fancy dress? Don't wanna miss it this time!

Re: Falmouth - I'm driving down (with Ro and Cantus and prob Pink...?) on thursday night, but have just heard my meeting in London is in the afternoon so it will be VERY late thursday night or early Fri morning when we arrive - but at least we'll be there!

Re: 17th - are we meeting in Platts field or no? peace

'The last rays of crimson on the spindle tree as the cerise fruit splits and reveals its orange seeds in a gloriously clashing colour scheme no-one would ever dare to wear'
Euonymous Europeus

=Flashpoint=SILVER Member
Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
If anyone needs a lift, I'm gonna drive as well, it'll work out cheeper than the train I think... Millhouse, you are welcome to camp out in the back... As are any other Manc peeps, Ill have space for 2 more I think...

ohmygodlaserbeamspewpewpew!
ubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmile

Osirisnewbie
20 posts

Posted:
well, The Glade's off for me so i'll be down on the 17th if you don't mind a new face smile

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
we lurve new faces tongue the more the merrier hun hug

'The last rays of crimson on the spindle tree as the cerise fruit splits and reveals its orange seeds in a gloriously clashing colour scheme no-one would ever dare to wear'
Euonymous Europeus

PyroWillGOLD Member
4,437 posts

Posted:
Cool petes coming

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
well it was the fri last time wasnt it? im not sure, i just remember missing it frown

17th, yeah! bounce cant wait to see you guys ubbangel

Creater of Jenisms(TM)

PyroWillGOLD Member
4,437 posts

Posted:
you guys having a pre falmouth? lucky, save some of your energy though for when you get there!

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
Flash! pm'd you, but i would totally love a lift. I'm trekking over on the train from york, to crash somewhere thurs night if you guys are leaving friday, if you're leaving thursday I'll figure out how to meet you somehow..... got commitments in york till then. But yes, would love a ride smile

hug

-Kyri, the silly travelling bug

Keep your dream alive

Shalom VeAhavah

Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
If Kyle dont mind, then Friday AM it is...

HavokistBRONZE Member

2,530 posts

Posted:
that'd be fine with me ubbrollsmile

We are the music makers, We are the dreamers of dreams,
Wandering by lone sea-breakers, And sitting by desolate streams;
World-losers and world-forsakers, On whom the pale moon gleams;
We are the movers and shakers of the world for ever, it seems.

Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
Oh, and someone give Millhouse a prod...

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
im sure he said hes not coming frown i think we should make him! *go gets a cattle prod*

Creater of Jenisms(TM)

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
flash is there space for me

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
Just got back from plat fields, been spinning with a few people who live on the road by the park, the's Cale an Amazing sound south African fire devilstick dude and his equally as skilled dreaded friend Ollie they live with a guy well who was on my housemate unicycle doing fire Poi he's skilled to say the least proformed with his college at Glastenbury( eek) they are coming along with their nieghbour whos well doing this www.mongolrally.co.uk there going to be at the meet and seen as they live so close and the car he is driving has a mean soundsystem we'll have music bounce2 bounce bounce2 bounce clap

On the Falmouth thing seriously I want to be there but its financially impossibe, I've got no overdraft left and payday is the end of the month which doesnt even make a dent in it.

You guy will have to just get real good footage for me to watch and get more skills to pass on to me!

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
Yay! oh, you people are wonderful! can't wait to see you that thursday!

er.... who am i to stay with? I think multiple people offered... someone just make a decsion for me and tell me where to go from the train....

hug

ubbrollsmile

hug

-Kyri

Keep your dream alive

Shalom VeAhavah

Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
Tobi, it looks like its you and Kyle and Kyrian in the car... Mind you, i'm not entirely sure it'll be in one piece when I get it back from the garage... biggrin

Its got a bump in the back, so i should have a rental or something anyroad... I'll keep you posted...

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
Pete - when are you guys heading down to Falmouth?

Euonymous Europeus

loki.c1687SILVER Member
addict
546 posts

Posted:
https://www.cragratscafebar.com/
Go to news click on the top one and you'll see why im happy
mike.c

Rules and responsibities:
These are the ties that bind us.
We do what we do,because of who we are.
If we did otherwise,we would not be ourselves.
I will do what i have to do
And i will do what i must..

Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
should be going down on the Friday very early am, or alternatively Thursday night, depends really...

Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
Mikey! Its you!! Burning off!!!

But where did they get "highly skilled" from? biggrin

PyroWillGOLD Member
4,437 posts

Posted:
Very nice mike, your form needs ot be improved though wink

monkeynamedspankPadawan
197 posts

Posted:
you can stick that in your photo gallery

Damn the addictiveness of forums! (Or should it be addictivity?)

Page: ......