Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Manchester Spinners Meet up Info + Stuff

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
juggle weavesmiley Manchester Spinner’s Meet up and stuff weavesmiley juggle

Hi all If you are looking for people to spin poi with in the North west this is the place to be.

For any one new to this sight DON’T READ THE WHOLE THREAD it has been going a long time and contains lots of old information and chat about previous meet ups and organisation stuff just go to the last few posts to find out the most up-to-date information on current events.

First a bit of info the Manchester spinners lot is no professional spinning troop or organised events it is just a group of people who get together to enjoy themselves. The first meet up was organised way beck in September 04 https://delizium.fotopic.net/c291964.html

The crowd has changed a bit from back then but we have kept a few old timers we welcome all along to come and join us for a spin whether you be experienced or a complete beginner we are willing to teach and learn from you.

Their is no set time for the meet ups they are usually organised around when people can make it and how long they can stay.

I will try to update this first post as often as I can with the most up-to-date info on meet ups and club nights that allow spinning but if I'm being a bit lax just find the last few posts foe up-to-date info (like I said before weren’t you paying attention)

To date the standard meets have gone as meet up in Piccadilly gardens at 4pm (nice central point where every one can get to) Then move on down to the Gas Works/CastleField or Plat fields Park depending on the wether till everyone gets to cold/tired/burned then on to the pub

( anybody who doesn’t know where this is it can be arranged for someone to come meet you at the train station or wherever you are coming from .) smile

{ ubblove We are a nice bunch like that ubblove}

Accommodation for a night can usually be arranged but you need to sort this well in advance no just turning up expecting somewhere to sleep eek

(more to be added and all to be spell checked soon)

pm me any info you would like to add

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

SniperBRONZE Member
Snoochie-boochie-noochies!
663 posts

Posted:
i'm yet to meet most of the current manc lot it seems... might have some money scraped together so should make it out soon. any idea when next non-play meet'll be?

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
Get in the Queue Jo

As far as I'm aware the meet is the 27th?

*Thats one of my favourite Nurseries over there,*

Roman, Trippie Hippie,On the way back from Play Festival

SniperBRONZE Member
663 posts

Posted:
hmm. i'll see what i can do. gardens, platt fields or gasworks? how windy is it on platt fields? might bring my stunt kite

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
Platt fields Gasworks and gardens are so Yesterday

Bring the kite man John boy tried his the other week it didnt work but the weathers getting better for Kiting

SniperBRONZE Member
663 posts

Posted:
says it'll fly in 5mph wind and if i take a coupla braces off it should be fine

loki.c1687SILVER Member
addict
546 posts

Posted:
hello every one!!!
right noe im sat the office of my brothers bar and im rlly rlly bored all my mates are working at the mo so i have nothing to do,are well at least i had the chance to smack my self twice in the head with poi today....looking forward to play tho that should be ace well i'll see you all next week at play if your coming,and if your not:
shame on you!
lots of love from your fav jedi
mike.c

Rules and responsibities:
These are the ties that bind us.
We do what we do,because of who we are.
If we did otherwise,we would not be ourselves.
I will do what i have to do
And i will do what i must..

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
How are you getting to play again Mike?

I may be able to tell my secret soon, if Roman would answer My Msn

Gayle......!SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
spank Bad Roman spank ubblol

kiss and hug i didn't mean it, biatch! ubblol

Gayle.....!

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
Written by: Skulduggery

Mill hun, Sorry for messing you about with this. I really thought the Welsh invasion was a non starter for this year.

I like the idea of this campsite though as it has the lodges so its not out of the question to have a mid winter meet. Something to break up those cold winter months ubblol If we can get them to let us use the site and we keep in their good books it might become a regular thing..... maybe?

Is the Wales invasion on? i couldn't find a thread last time I looked (I blame the senility...)

I Liked the look of the big communal space - Mill, does it have a high ceiling? biggrin. For the inaugaural North Western meet, hows about a combined Halloween/Bonfire night session either 29th/30th Oct or 5th/6th November?

Oh, and Brit Joe, she's more than worthy of your trumpeting and abeisance (huh?!) and will bask in your adoration. Bit it's only fair to warn you, you have fierce competition for the lady's attention - she has a veritable harem of biatches! ubblol

yay for Skully invading the Manc thread bounce bounce2

and Gayle too hug

e
x

'The last rays of crimson on the spindle tree as the cerise fruit splits and reveals its orange seeds in a gloriously clashing colour scheme no-one would ever dare to wear'
Euonymous Europeus

Gayle......!SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
The 5th November is actually my birthday and plans were to invite some of the manc lot down to Bath for a party....As well as the usual suspects....Jake, might be doing something on Halloween if he gets his act together...

Scuppered again....

Gayle.....!

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
not been away that long eek

if your till interested skully i may have found you a place, plus managed to get a huge list of other places at work today, if your still interested lemme know smile

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
Sorry Jen I should of Said Jenna!

Elaines Dates look like a good Idea but there will be scouts there that weekend for sure

We'l see.

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
wow this thred is getting big just noticed how big it is

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
Written by: liquid_bubblegum

not been away that long eek

if your till interested skully i may have found you a place, plus managed to get a huge list of other places at work today, if your still interested lemme know smile

I've stepped down from organising Invasions of places. I was ever only really meant to be organising the Welsh one. If you guys still want to arrange an Invasion of England I say go for it!

Just bear in mind 2 things.

1. You can never please everyone with the dates/venues/cost and you will just have to let some of them down. That isn't your fault its just the nature of the beast.
2. Some people you can never please, even if you bend over backwards and lick their toes. I advise you to pay them no mind, as they are not worth the effort.

Good luck organising and I look forward to seeing an "INVASION of ENGLAND" thread appearing because as long as I'm free on the weekend you pick, you can count on me being there.

hug ubbrollsmile

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
I'll keep talking to the scout people and have it as a one day thing. I'll keep you informed Skully so you can give lil ole me pointers as your mind seems more able than mine

Play Festival!!!! I so almost lost my chance to come

=Flashpoint=SILVER Member
Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
Why dude, it soooooo wouldn't have been th smae without you and your unicycling skillz biggrin

ohmygodlaserbeamspewpewpew!
ubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmile

=Flashpoint=SILVER Member
Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
And that was my 1000th post. And it was all about YOU millhouse... I hope youre happy... ubblol

Never thought it'd get that high.... Ho hum! At least it was in the Manchester thread! Show some loyalty for the home team!

ohmygodlaserbeamspewpewpew!
ubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmile

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
bounce whoo go manchester go! *goes to get some pompoms*

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)

hankyGOLD Member
117 posts

Posted:
hey hey, long time no see!!!
sorry for the lack of posts but have been hella busy - am in south africa at the mo but am in dyer need of a spinning meet so there better b a huge one organised for the week strating 19th sept when i'm back!!!! martin or toby i'll leave that down 2 u - just let me kno when and i'll b there!!!!!!!!!!

x sarah x

it's a mad world...and i love it!!!

HavokistBRONZE Member

2,530 posts

Posted:
well there is a huge meet organised for the 19th... it's called play... tongue and it just happens to be an bit south west of manchester ubbrollsmile

We are the music makers, We are the dreamers of dreams,
Wandering by lone sea-breakers, And sitting by desolate streams;
World-losers and world-forsakers, On whom the pale moon gleams;
We are the movers and shakers of the world for ever, it seems.

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
yeah come, everyones going smile

Creater of Jenisms(TM)

SniperBRONZE Member
663 posts

Posted:
*cries in corner*

HavokistBRONZE Member

2,530 posts

Posted:
sniper, hug

i think now may be a good time to point out that tobi's spelt fields wrong in play fields park...

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
Written by: Havokist

well there is a huge meet organised for the 19th... it's called play... tongue and it just happens to be an bit south west of manchester ubbrollsmile

yes thats the 19th of August..... not september.

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:

sniper, hug

i think now may be a good time to point out that tobi's spelt fields wrong in play fields park...

eeek im being corected by a yung un lol hug

SniperBRONZE Member
663 posts

Posted:
better than disciplined by a wrinkly 'un

...so i'm lead to believe

HavokistBRONZE Member

2,530 posts

Posted:
Written by: Skulduggery

yes thats the 19th of August..... not september.

oops, i missed the september bit

SniperBRONZE Member
663 posts

Posted:
eejit tongue

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
He's only young we'l let him off!

So even before were through organising the August meet weve a date for the Sept one, well done Hanky are you bringing Chris your club juggling friend?

Its good to hear from you, a sept meets needed to get all the freshers who are out of toen spinners involved it'l be top!

SniperBRONZE Member
663 posts

Posted:
hopefully will have staff in time for next meet (the one in my gallery) biggrin

Page: ......