Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Manchester Spinners Meet up Info + Stuff

Login/Join to Participate
Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
juggle weavesmiley Manchester Spinner’s Meet up and stuff weavesmiley juggle

Hi all If you are looking for people to spin poi with in the North west this is the place to be.

For any one new to this sight DON’T READ THE WHOLE THREAD it has been going a long time and contains lots of old information and chat about previous meet ups and organisation stuff just go to the last few posts to find out the most up-to-date information on current events.

First a bit of info the Manchester spinners lot is no professional spinning troop or organised events it is just a group of people who get together to enjoy themselves. The first meet up was organised way beck in September 04 https://delizium.fotopic.net/c291964.html

The crowd has changed a bit from back then but we have kept a few old timers we welcome all along to come and join us for a spin whether you be experienced or a complete beginner we are willing to teach and learn from you.

Their is no set time for the meet ups they are usually organised around when people can make it and how long they can stay.

I will try to update this first post as often as I can with the most up-to-date info on meet ups and club nights that allow spinning but if I'm being a bit lax just find the last few posts foe up-to-date info (like I said before weren’t you paying attention)

To date the standard meets have gone as meet up in Piccadilly gardens at 4pm (nice central point where every one can get to) Then move on down to the Gas Works/CastleField or Plat fields Park depending on the wether till everyone gets to cold/tired/burned then on to the pub

( anybody who doesn’t know where this is it can be arranged for someone to come meet you at the train station or wherever you are coming from .) smile

{ ubblove We are a nice bunch like that ubblove}

Accommodation for a night can usually be arranged but you need to sort this well in advance no just turning up expecting somewhere to sleep eek

(more to be added and all to be spell checked soon)

pm me any info you would like to add

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

LoewanBRONZE Member
and behold!
464 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Midian

ermm please could somebody post how to get to falmouth as there are not enought of me and my friends going to get a minibus.... is there a train route or coach route...?

YEAY I CAN GO FALMOUTH THIS YEAR WOO!

So how many friend do you have? Why don't you join the minibus we are trying to organise? There is already 12 of us signed up for it.

Why let your body be a temple? When it can be a theme park?

Wii Console Number: 3294 0297 7824 7498

MidianThe Fairy Of Things That Go Bump In The Night ;)
188 posts

Posted:
I WOULD!!!! ubblol

oOo Look At The Pretty Fire.. oOo Touch The Pretty Fire oO.. OWW THE PRETTY FIRE BURNT ME!

188 posts

Posted:
there would be 3 of us minimum and 5 max just looking for the easiest way to get there biggrin

oOo Look At The Pretty Fire.. oOo Touch The Pretty Fire oO.. OWW THE PRETTY FIRE BURNT ME!

FractosDirty Fire Project
133 posts

Posted:
I'm looking for transport down too (Thursday -> Monday). Travelling light apart from tent, staff and bass guitar!

oOo
You see, you already know circle-theory,
you just don't *know* that you know.

skribleBRONZE Member
155 posts

Posted:
yeah was just wondering if we will be able to get a meet in b4 falmouth? would be good! is anyone up for this weekend?

luv'n'hugs'n'stuff biggrin ubblove weavesmiley T
EDITED_BY: skrible (1155748209)

this apple juice is a bit milky isnt it?!

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Terri

Sunday 27th Aug. Gasworks assuming. Usual time of 3-4pm...

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
I am meeting up with a couple of friends for a bit of a spin on sunday afternoon in platt fields park, all are welcome to join us. probably meet around 3 pm outside the costume gallery. you all know the rest smile

Owned by the lovely SNOOPoi
Owner of Clarence_Quack

hamamelisBRONZE Member
nut.
756 posts

Posted:
I really need to buy myself a map of Manchester..

Too much a country lass, I get lost if anywhere has more than 4 streets..

Costume gallery? Eh? Platt Fields? More eh?
I c'n only just find the gasworks, and now everyone wants to meet up somewhere else.. redface

So.. is there an official meet up, or just a few people?
Either way, I may show up and be vague and confused at people..

THE MEEK WILL INHERIT THE EARTH!

If that's okay with you?

=Flashpoint=SILVER Member
Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
Why not, everyone else does...

smile

ohmygodlaserbeamspewpewpew!
ubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmile

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
Sunday is not an official main meet, but is a mini meet (in the south manc mini meet thread)

Platt fields park is a short bus ride from the city centre, surrounded by students so there are lots of busses that take you there.
If you want any help finding it, PM me smile

Owned by the lovely SNOOPoi
Owner of Clarence_Quack

fire_fairy_liquidBRONZE Member
enthusiast
287 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Midian

ermm please could somebody post how to get to falmouth as there are not enought of me and my friends going to get a minibus.... is there a train route or coach route...?

YEAY I CAN GO FALMOUTH THIS YEAR WOO!

yeh there are trains from picadilly train station none of which are direct though they go through gwent i think.... im looking into it for me and bubbles to set off on the fri night and hopefully get there on the sat morning.... anyone joining us who cant get to falmouth on the wed evening?

thanks for burning with me

enthusiast
287 posts

Posted:
does anyone who cnt go on the bus on thursday due to work or whatever fancy joining me and bubbles on the train on fri night? im looking into how much it costs and the quickest routes etc il keep you updated but it looks like if we set off at 9.30 we will get to hayle for bout 7.30 am and theen goto the camp sight from there

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
I think the Train to Truro is the best bet (where Maus lives) and see if you can arrange transport from there...

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

188 posts

Posted:
anyone traveling up to falmouth on thursday via the train? if so can we tag along? please biggrin

enthusiast
287 posts

Posted:
hey bubbles just to let you kn i did some more digging today and the cheapest i can get the train tickets is at £70.55 return that is if we get the train departing from picadilly at 18.24 arriving at birminham ne street at
20.04 and thn depart from birmingham at 20.12 and arrive in plymouth at 23.48.....tht is the
cheapest and quickest way i can find!!! if you can beat tht your more then willing to do so lol

but jiust to let you know tht tht is if we both buy rail passes which cost bout £20 each... like i sed
any other ideas is more then welcome

good luck
xxx

hamamelisBRONZE Member
nut.
756 posts

Posted:

Umm.. I know I should have been paying more attention, but what *is* this Falmouth thingy exactly?

If that's okay with you?

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
I think its a festival

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

hamamelisBRONZE Member
nut.
756 posts

Posted:
I figured that bit smile

I have no idea where Falmouth is, or what is supposed to be happening at this.. festival.. though.

If that's okay with you?

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Niether do I come to think of it, but then again festivals sort of confuse me because im not hip enough for them, is that the right word? lololol *dances like your grandma*

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
make it the 27th and i'll be there smile

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

LoewanBRONZE Member
and behold!
464 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Brit_Joe

Niether do I come to think of it, but then again festivals sort of confuse me because im not hip enough for them, is that the right word? lololol *dances like your grandma*

Joe! Don't you be saying things like that! Of course you are hip! I've told you! You are a winner!

Falmouth is just a massive fire spinner meet-up down in Cornwall where we chill out over a weekend on a campsite and chill out down the beach at night. Definitely worth going to.

Why let your body be a temple? When it can be a theme park?

Wii Console Number: 3294 0297 7824 7498

enthusiast
287 posts

Posted:
yes and this is why im tryin my best to go lol it is well worth it although i think tht if i do go i may need to share a tent with someone if tht ok smile as i not sure ifi can get hold of one in time lol i will look around though

Gremlin_Loumember
131 posts

Posted:
Dammit, I can't make3 the 27th. Again! The one weekend i'm away!

Arrrgggghhh!

'If your deeds shouldn't be known, perhaps they shouldn't be done, if your words shouldn't be shared, perhaps they shouldn't be spoken. Act with attention, for all your acts have consequences" (Rabbi Judah HaNassi)

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Ze_Bubbles

well im still iffy because i have training that will probs last till friday afternoon, and i dont know and i dont know if anyone else is going then...

if we can get a 15 seater, bear in mind theres no luggage area so id guess between 4 and 6 seats will be needed for the luggage etc, and last time the minibus was packed full!

we have a list of people but we still need a) another driver (not fair on elaine to drive alone) this has to be someone over 21 or 25 im not sure, and the licence.

deposits are high, some ive found to be £500, but i have actually found one manchester company and the prices which follows is for the bus, including petrol and a driver.
from the thurs till monday:

16 seater - 995
24 seater - 1100
30 seater - 1350
52 seater coach - 1650

although it may be 16, 24 or 30 seats, not that many people can go on it because there will need to be space for luggage. BUT if somehow we manage to get 52 people we can all hire the coach and itll only cost us around £30 each!

anyways, back to work lol

and most impotantly, who has approx

OK Guys. it's make or break time. Jen has stressed how serious and demanding it is to organise a Love bus for Falmouth.

As far as we know we don't have another driver so the bus WITH driver is probably the safest option until someone comes forward...

Bearing in mind that using public transport will cost between £50 and £100 per person and carspace and lift share is at a premium...

We need to know if people ARE actually serious about having a love bus so we need to get numbers and CASH pretty soon. Jen (I;m not putting this all on you but if you know the details of where to book then forward the details to someone will to organise it (if no one then me!) )

So before the next meet we need a definite list people who have the cash, are willing to bring it with them to the meet and someone who will take it!

We need to decide whether if we are serious about this and if it falls apart at least it gives people time to make alternative arrangements...

Boo_BunnyBRONZE Member
Sparkely arty Mormon rainbow fairy
933 posts

Posted:
im serious about wnting a lift on the bus. unfortunatly i live to far away to come to the next meet(or any manshester meet). would mailing it in, or possibly giving it in at falmouth, be ok?
EDITED_BY: Boo_Bunny (1156205768)

Property of Fine_Rabid_Dog

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
I can imagine this becoming a 'Meeting about Meetings' situation where we'll be organising who will be doing the organising! Thinking about it now, that is EXACTLY what it is...

Just want people to know that I have NO IDEA what the hell to do (but it may be a time to start!) But if anyone has experience in organising one and knows what it entails and would like to volunteer let us know. In the meanwhile I will attempt to look up Coach companies or discuss with people I know have done it before...

Boo Bunny I'd imagine that this Sunday wouldn't be the money deadline so don't worry about that yet.

In think the Manc meet on Sunday we need a proper indepth discussion about this with all those present before we set anything into motion....

188 posts

Posted:
lou nevermind come to falmouth instead biggrin

FractosDirty Fire Project
133 posts

Posted:
Definitely interested in a place on the bus, will have cash after payday this week.

I'd offer to drive, but I've just been learning 3 point turns smile

oOo
You see, you already know circle-theory,
you just don't *know* that you know.

hamamelisBRONZE Member
nut.
756 posts

Posted:
*sulks*

My parents would choose that weekend to go on holiday.. I'd just about figured I could afford it, and THEN they book a trip away the same weekend.. so I have to look after the house and business..

Oh well.. shrug

If that's okay with you?

=Flamer=member
192 posts

Posted:
Dont go on holiday! Go to Falmouth! hahaha. It'll be so much more fun.

Fire Staff £27, Paraffin £10... setting yourself alight, Priceless!