Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Manchester Spinners Meet up Info + Stuff

Login/Join to Participate
Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
juggle weavesmiley Manchester Spinner’s Meet up and stuff weavesmiley juggle

Hi all If you are looking for people to spin poi with in the North west this is the place to be.

For any one new to this sight DON’T READ THE WHOLE THREAD it has been going a long time and contains lots of old information and chat about previous meet ups and organisation stuff just go to the last few posts to find out the most up-to-date information on current events.

First a bit of info the Manchester spinners lot is no professional spinning troop or organised events it is just a group of people who get together to enjoy themselves. The first meet up was organised way beck in September 04 https://delizium.fotopic.net/c291964.html

The crowd has changed a bit from back then but we have kept a few old timers we welcome all along to come and join us for a spin whether you be experienced or a complete beginner we are willing to teach and learn from you.

Their is no set time for the meet ups they are usually organised around when people can make it and how long they can stay.

I will try to update this first post as often as I can with the most up-to-date info on meet ups and club nights that allow spinning but if I'm being a bit lax just find the last few posts foe up-to-date info (like I said before weren’t you paying attention)

To date the standard meets have gone as meet up in Piccadilly gardens at 4pm (nice central point where every one can get to) Then move on down to the Gas Works/CastleField or Plat fields Park depending on the wether till everyone gets to cold/tired/burned then on to the pub

( anybody who doesn’t know where this is it can be arranged for someone to come meet you at the train station or wherever you are coming from .) smile

{ ubblove We are a nice bunch like that ubblove}

Accommodation for a night can usually be arranged but you need to sort this well in advance no just turning up expecting somewhere to sleep eek

(more to be added and all to be spell checked soon)

pm me any info you would like to add

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

PinkNigelPinker than thou
336 posts

Posted:
I had a good time Saturday too, even tho' it was a full-on 20 hour day for me... Course, that did mean that on Sunday by the time I'd woken up, sorted myself out, walked up into Chorlton to collect my car and generally got my sh*t together it was too late to get into town, but hey, I'll make another meet someday, honest...

A wise man once said: "You have two ears and one mouth, therefore you should shut the censored up and listen" (though, to be fair, he might not've put it _quite_ like that..)

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
my house on friday ubbangel

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

thesynapseSILVER Member
28 posts

Posted:
When is the next meet up then? Not many people turned up on Sunday either....

Let's not make it such a long time this time around between meets, eh?

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
Bonfire night is Monday so why don't we make it Sunday 4th and all make a concerted affort to light up the skies biggrin Apart from me of course - i have a note from my mum.

Maybe Seye could bring his firepit and we'll have a BBQ too..... and sparklers!!!

'The last rays of crimson on the spindle tree as the cerise fruit splits and reveals its orange seeds in a gloriously clashing colour scheme no-one would ever dare to wear'
Euonymous Europeus

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Since when has anyone needed to ask when Bonfire Night is? rolleyes

Hope you guys enjoyed Manchester JC. Would've been awesome to come to that! Yeah give Seye a good kicked/helping hand to get the fire pit sorted (might be difficult to get it to Castlefield (is that where it's still at? or is the gardens the place to be now?)

Missing you guys already hug hug

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Bubbles_

my house on friday ubbangel

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)

=Flashpoint=SILVER Member
Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
Hint hint ^

ohmygodlaserbeamspewpewpew!
ubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmile

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
Appologies for missing your birthday bash last night Bubbles. I was dead from work by about 11pm frown
Hope everyone there had a wonderful time though smile

My birthday is on the 13th Nov, but I am away that week visiting a friend in Holland. Sunday 4th would be a good date for a meet I have all that weekend free smile

Owned by the lovely SNOOPoi
Owner of Clarence_Quack

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
I want photos of any and all debauchery that occurred at the bash...

Ta. x

Hope it went well hug

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
who is going to PIP

I think me and T are

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

FractosDirty Fire Project
133 posts

Posted:
Yeah will be smile

oOo
You see, you already know circle-theory,
you just don't *know* that you know.

Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
Ditto.

Anyone fancy taking their life in their hands and getting a lift in the Crash-O-Matic?

shocked_prawnSILVER Member
old hand
865 posts

Posted:
i cant come im in venice, but have a great time guys!

Proud Co-Owner of PoiBoi
Owned by J.A.C

pricklyleafSILVER Member
with added berries
1,365 posts

Posted:
I'm going, but I think I'll turn the oppourtunity of dying on the way back down thanks. I have things I need to do on Monday. I'm bringing my friend from Glasgow. biggrin

Live like there is no tomorrow,
dance like nobody is watching
and hula hoop like wiggling will save the world.

“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson

thesynapseSILVER Member
28 posts

Posted:
Am I stupid? Wait, don't answer that....

but what is PIP?

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
poi in the park biggrin in sheffield, check the events section wink

Creater of Jenisms(TM)

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
Not going, chaps, sorry - only managed 2 hours at Jen's party before the old shoulder started playing up so a night on the floor is just too horrid to contemplate frown

But have a wonderful time weavesmiley

On a better note, I saw Ro yesterday! Whoop! Yes, that rarely sighted, almost mythical creature, the Trippie Hippie is alive and well bounce Will drag him to the next meet even if I have to carry him - oh, and he's up fpr doing something for New Year too....

'The last rays of crimson on the spindle tree as the cerise fruit splits and reveals its orange seeds in a gloriously clashing colour scheme no-one would ever dare to wear'
Euonymous Europeus

ChellySILVER Member
Niraffe
884 posts

Posted:
Woooooo! bounce

I's excited. I's never spent Hogmanay outside of Scotland before.... bounce2

"Lots of beeping. And shaking and tinfoil." Chelly

"Are you sure it's a genuine test and not a robot heroin addict?" Cantus

---set free by the rather lovely FireTom---
--(right arm owned by Fyre)--

pricklyleafSILVER Member
with added berries
1,365 posts

Posted:
 Written by: chellybean

I's excited. I's never spent Hogmanay outside of Scotland before.... bounce2

But Scotland is the place to be at Hogmanay!

I'm definately up for a new years eve thing, anything to break out of the cycle of depressing new years I've had for the last several years... (2000 was the last good one come to think of it).

And I will be seeing the PiPers at PiP!

How are people getting there?

I was going to drive, but I'm half contemplating publicing now. Although I have got a hoop to consider... confused

“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
ok, lets organising an up north hop new years biggrin id well be up for that biggrin

Creater of Jenisms(TM)

Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
A nice cottage, somewhere in the hills, with a large log fire keeping us all warm and cosy...

Hows that for hogmanay!

smile

firelightBRONZE Member
67 posts

Posted:
hi guys

just wonder if we can sort another poi meet for oct plz,

beca its seem so long to nov meet up,

thanks

firelight dawny

love fire to play with, love the wonderful colours in the fire.

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
If the next one is on November 4th that's only 2 weeks away - a lot of people are at PiP this weekend and it would seem a bit overkill to have consequetive weeks. Unless we want to bring it forward to 28th Oct and not bother for bonfire night?

What's everyone think?

Euonymous Europeus

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
I would prefer the bonfire night weekend.

New year thingy sounds good too.

Owned by the lovely SNOOPoi
Owner of Clarence_Quack

tony830Member
58 posts

Posted:
if anyone ever just casually fancies meeting for a session whenever for a few hours at short notice, send me an IM ! im usualy up for a spin/juggle any time im free.

tone xxx

shocked_prawnSILVER Member
old hand
865 posts

Posted:
hay hope you all had fun at pip! i would be up for coming down for bonfire night, sounds like a great idea!

Proud Co-Owner of PoiBoi
Owned by J.A.C

Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
Bone fire night ish. Fire, and bones.

Yay!

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
That's next Sunday folks! Whoot! We brining goodies n making a partay of it?

Incidentally, I've got a little vid of the August meet but I can't upload it onto HoP, doesn't seem to like the format - it's MP4. Any ideas?

Euonymous Europeus

pricklyleafSILVER Member
with added berries
1,365 posts

Posted:
OOOOh, Mp4, I remeber there being a big thing about that about a year ago in the video thread I think, let me go see...

Grrg, can't find it, its definately there somewhere I promise you. The only thing I could find with this, I don't know if its any use to you...[Old link]

Ralph Waldo Emerson

rorbidnewbie
2 posts

Posted:
hey guys, do you know where you're going to be meeting on the 4th of november?? I've not been to a manchester meetup before so would be ace if you could help me out. if anyone would like to get in touch my email is roryzephory@hotmail.com
cheers