Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Manchester Spinners Meet up Info + Stuff

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
juggle weavesmiley Manchester Spinner’s Meet up and stuff weavesmiley juggle

Hi all If you are looking for people to spin poi with in the North west this is the place to be.

For any one new to this sight DON’T READ THE WHOLE THREAD it has been going a long time and contains lots of old information and chat about previous meet ups and organisation stuff just go to the last few posts to find out the most up-to-date information on current events.

First a bit of info the Manchester spinners lot is no professional spinning troop or organised events it is just a group of people who get together to enjoy themselves. The first meet up was organised way beck in September 04 https://delizium.fotopic.net/c291964.html

The crowd has changed a bit from back then but we have kept a few old timers we welcome all along to come and join us for a spin whether you be experienced or a complete beginner we are willing to teach and learn from you.

Their is no set time for the meet ups they are usually organised around when people can make it and how long they can stay.

I will try to update this first post as often as I can with the most up-to-date info on meet ups and club nights that allow spinning but if I'm being a bit lax just find the last few posts foe up-to-date info (like I said before weren’t you paying attention)

To date the standard meets have gone as meet up in Piccadilly gardens at 4pm (nice central point where every one can get to) Then move on down to the Gas Works/CastleField or Plat fields Park depending on the wether till everyone gets to cold/tired/burned then on to the pub

( anybody who doesn’t know where this is it can be arranged for someone to come meet you at the train station or wherever you are coming from .) smile

{ ubblove We are a nice bunch like that ubblove}

Accommodation for a night can usually be arranged but you need to sort this well in advance no just turning up expecting somewhere to sleep eek

(more to be added and all to be spell checked soon)

pm me any info you would like to add

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
No he was definitely what i believe is termed a cross-community liason officer. the fact that he was a Sikh was also a big clue.

Meh

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
Happy new year everyone. im really looking forward to Sunday now biggrin hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug

im willing to meet people anywhere they like in manchester, i know my way around very well smile PIccadilly, Victoria, Oxford Rd, Deansgate or Salford.
Just PM me if you want any help

Owned by the lovely SNOOPoi
Owner of Clarence_Quack

lemmingladyGOLD Member
63 posts

Posted:
oohh, I'm glad you said sunday.. i'd have shown up on sat.

Can someone meet me at piccadilly?
Also is thgere a fairly obvious spot to meet?

Just say what time and I'll be there

I'd love to stay here and be normal....

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
text me on 07888 734 023 and ill meet you outside superdrug in the station at around 3ish, that goes for anyone else wanting to meet in piccadilly station that doesn't know the way also smile

Owned by the lovely SNOOPoi
Owner of Clarence_Quack

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
We allways meet in picadilla gardens at around 3pm for the manchester meets, just for future rreference

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
next to caff nero

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

=Flashpoint=SILVER Member
Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
Aye. Ill be there.

ohmygodlaserbeamspewpewpew!
ubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmile

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
yeyyyyy

fire_fairy_liquidBRONZE Member
enthusiast
287 posts

Posted:
il be there too
have we confirmed where we will end up yet though??? gas works or plat field ???

thanks for burning with me

devilstarSILVER Member
blue haired pyrovixen monkey girl!
155 posts

Posted:
Howdy peeps. Hope y'all had a fine festive period. Me & Laura saw the new year in as we mean to go on, pissed & spinning fire. Aparently 6 hours of drinking is just what you need to pull off doubles moves without burning each other!

We're all set for the 8th, bring it on!

Did anyone come home with a set of poi that seemed slightly different after the last meet? We think Laura may have mistakenly swapped with someone in the dark. Same length, same make (firetoys) but slightly different attachments at the tops of the chains. She's a bit attached to hers & was hoping to swap back. Please PM me cause I don't get loads of time to check this thread.

Happy 2006! hug

devil Blue is best, blue is beautiful
If I knew what I was looking for, I would have found it by now, but that would take all the fun out of it. - me
I never wanted to be different. I just wanted to be me - bmeshop.com

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
Well we always used to meet at 4 in Picc Gardens so not sure where 3 came from shrug

We also used to spin a bit in the Gardens before moving down to the Gasworks but the last couple of times no-one has and when we do we just get hassle from the natives.

Jen and me were chatting the other day and we thought it might be nice to meet in a pub and have a coupole of jars before we start the meet - idea being new people will get to meet people properly (we missed chatting to a few last time cos we weren't sure who was who!). We can still arrange to meet people who don't know their way around etc.

It also means I can have a drink as it will have had time to get out my sustem by the time I have to drive home - problem with sunday meets is the trains are so poo frown

So we're proposing meeting in Grand Central at 4 - how does that sound people?

'The last rays of crimson on the spindle tree as the cerise fruit splits and reveals its orange seeds in a gloriously clashing colour scheme no-one would ever dare to wear'
Euonymous Europeus

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
plus with it being the birthdays, we could do a mini bday celebration before we get distracted by pretty lights and fire. and its give elaine a chance to have a drink or two since she does have to drive later...

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Sounds good to me, but we could meet at 3 to give us all an extra hour of daylight, it goes dark very quickly now and I know most of us spin fire and we like the darkness for that but we can have an extra hour of light for the drink and traveling and a little bit of light possibly for tails and socks.

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

GazzaBeeBRONZE Member
PoiBoi
627 posts

Posted:
Sounds good to me... Which bar? Kro Bar has just opened by Pic Gardens... Has anyone been in there yet? Is it Poi and Staff Friendly?

Stuck in my Poi comfort zone....

Poi_Romember
55 posts

Posted:
no idea Gaz.. i'm heading into town 2morra so will find it and ask then post on here smile

Thats Mr Poi-ro!
Qualified SCUBA Diver.. Not worked out how to fire spin and dive at the same time yet.. grr

GazzaBeeBRONZE Member
PoiBoi
627 posts

Posted:
MrD *big hug* How ya doin? You're comin on Sunday aren't ya... Time flies, can't believe it's the next meet already!

HavokistBRONZE Member

2,530 posts

Posted:
what time are people going to the gasworks? im assuming you're only going to spend an hour or so at the pub?

We are the music makers, We are the dreamers of dreams,
Wandering by lone sea-breakers, And sitting by desolate streams;
World-losers and world-forsakers, On whom the pale moon gleams;
We are the movers and shakers of the world for ever, it seems.

Poi_Romember
55 posts

Posted:
im doing ok thanks Gazzy.. DAMN RIGHT im coming.. even a pack of screaming queens couldnt stop me! (ok subtle pun there)..

oo btw would anyone object if i bring a friend along. he wants to learn smile
thanks

Thats Mr Poi-ro!
Qualified SCUBA Diver.. Not worked out how to fire spin and dive at the same time yet.. grr

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Written by: GazzaBee

MrD *big hug* How ya doin? You're comin on Sunday aren't ya... Time flies, can't believe it's the next meet already!

It has hasnt it! It feels like the last meet was only a week ago

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Yay! Happy New Year everyone.

I'm fine except for the whole turning 26 thing. But it was a lovely birthday.

Hopefully Phil can make it down this Sunday as well.

Happy new year to one and all...

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

Poi_Romember
55 posts

Posted:
any advance on bringing a mate please peeps?
ta

Thats Mr Poi-ro!

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
simple say smile
Mrd: hay you wana come?
Mate: yeh
Mrd cool follow me.
ubbrollsmile

loki.c1687SILVER Member
addict
546 posts

Posted:
why do all jen's idea's start with a getting afew beers in?
And i dont think that new bar would be anything other than trendy freindy,but i reckon the grand central or mybe fab?Some place nearer to the gas works?i'll be coming back from sheffield so might be a little late getting there but will make it down soon as with sam i fink!
and wow 26 thought u were younger than that anyhoo see you all there happy new year btw
mike.c

Rules and responsibities:
These are the ties that bind us.
We do what we do,because of who we are.
If we did otherwise,we would not be ourselves.
I will do what i have to do
And i will do what i must..

Poi_Romember
55 posts

Posted:
aww thanks.. just wanted to check.. didnt wanna invite peeps n get in trouble..

im a good boy you see.... HAH who am I kidding!! hehe..

nah seriously tho.. just polite to check smile

thanks v much peeps

Thats Mr Poi-ro!

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
no bother thease meets are total open bring yur gran if you want

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
Im proposing since it would be nice to have a drink in a pub earlier that we make the main meet about 3 so we have the daylight, and those that want to meet up for a drink do it at say one? me and Ed (LTC) are flexible with times, anyone else up for meeting at about 1 in the town centre and go find a bar?

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

loki.c1687SILVER Member
addict
546 posts

Posted:
any advance on bringing a mate please peeps?
yeah warn him what most of us are like!
mike.c

Rules and responsibities:
These are the ties that bind us.
We do what we do,because of who we are.
If we did otherwise,we would not be ourselves.
I will do what i have to do
And i will do what i must..

GazzaBeeBRONZE Member
PoiBoi
627 posts

Posted:
MrD... Really!! You don't have to check... You should bring anyone and everyone!!

*looks apologetic* Sorry Dave... I forgot to mail ya on ya Bday... It could have had something to do with the fact I was plastered on New Year's Day!

lemmingladyGOLD Member
63 posts

Posted:
yay my xmas pressent finally arrived!!! Only a couple of weeks late... a set of loverly cathedral link fire poi... yum!

My pavlovian method of developing co-ordination
Learn or Burn

Sunday will be perfect for having a practice before trying them alight

I'd love to stay here and be normal....

devilstarSILVER Member
blue haired pyrovixen monkey girl!
155 posts

Posted:
Written by: PyroWill

anyone else up for meeting at about 1 in the town centre and go find a bar?

yup. I'm also flexable with times, earlier is better for me too cause too much time out in the cold makes me ill.

devil Blue is best, blue is beautiful
If I knew what I was looking for, I would have found it by now, but that would take all the fun out of it. - me
I never wanted to be different. I just wanted to be me - bmeshop.com

Page: ......