Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Manchester Spinners Meet up Info + Stuff

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
juggle weavesmiley Manchester Spinner’s Meet up and stuff weavesmiley juggle

Hi all If you are looking for people to spin poi with in the North west this is the place to be.

For any one new to this sight DON’T READ THE WHOLE THREAD it has been going a long time and contains lots of old information and chat about previous meet ups and organisation stuff just go to the last few posts to find out the most up-to-date information on current events.

First a bit of info the Manchester spinners lot is no professional spinning troop or organised events it is just a group of people who get together to enjoy themselves. The first meet up was organised way beck in September 04 https://delizium.fotopic.net/c291964.html

The crowd has changed a bit from back then but we have kept a few old timers we welcome all along to come and join us for a spin whether you be experienced or a complete beginner we are willing to teach and learn from you.

Their is no set time for the meet ups they are usually organised around when people can make it and how long they can stay.

I will try to update this first post as often as I can with the most up-to-date info on meet ups and club nights that allow spinning but if I'm being a bit lax just find the last few posts foe up-to-date info (like I said before weren’t you paying attention)

To date the standard meets have gone as meet up in Piccadilly gardens at 4pm (nice central point where every one can get to) Then move on down to the Gas Works/CastleField or Plat fields Park depending on the wether till everyone gets to cold/tired/burned then on to the pub

( anybody who doesn’t know where this is it can be arranged for someone to come meet you at the train station or wherever you are coming from .) smile

{ ubblove We are a nice bunch like that ubblove}

Accommodation for a night can usually be arranged but you need to sort this well in advance no just turning up expecting somewhere to sleep eek

(more to be added and all to be spell checked soon)

pm me any info you would like to add

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

loki.c1687SILVER Member
addict
546 posts

Posted:
And you guys will have one half of the karmachanics (sam) selling laughing gas there all night!!!So go there and buy 5!!! £1 each...i'll be there somtime after 1am so i hope to see as many of you lot as possible only liz has a good reason not to go she's in france,oh and all under 18

Rules and responsibities:
These are the ties that bind us.
We do what we do,because of who we are.
If we did otherwise,we would not be ourselves.
I will do what i have to do
And i will do what i must..

nutellamember
87 posts

Posted:
how i wish i could be in manch for new years though. france is a pile of sh** at new years. all they do is eat seafood and drink wine. ouh and snails.

american components, russian components, all made in taiwan!!!

loki.c1687SILVER Member
addict
546 posts

Posted:
arhh you forget the pate,frogs legs and the sacerfice of a 16 year old virgin girl
mike.c

nutellamember
87 posts

Posted:
mmmmmm pate

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
Don't think I'll be venturing to Monster Monster - much as I fancy it.... so it's the local pub for me frown

'The last rays of crimson on the spindle tree as the cerise fruit splits and reveals its orange seeds in a gloriously clashing colour scheme no-one would ever dare to wear'
Euonymous Europeus

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
Monster Monster sounds fun, but im doing the traditionaly family booze up round at a mates house, its cheaper than going to town, easier for me to get home from (its a 10 min walk instead of a 40 min bus ride followed by a 20 min walk eek ) and i know most of the poeple there so i know im in for a good night biggrin sorry y'all.

Owned by the lovely SNOOPoi
Owner of Clarence_Quack

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
Written by: loki.c1687

arhh you forget the pate,frogs legs and the sacerfice of a 16 year old virgin girl
mike.c

fantastic, where can i find this?!

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

loki.c1687SILVER Member
addict
546 posts

Posted:
france but you'll have to put up with mimes too

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
thats ok, i havent sacrificed a virgin in ages!

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

nutellamember
87 posts

Posted:
u know what, come to think of it, ive been in france for years and i've never seen a mime. they must all hide somewhere obscur like paris

=Flashpoint=SILVER Member
Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
You know, a mime is a terrible thing to waste...

(C) Men in tights...

Sorry, sorry.

ohmygodlaserbeamspewpewpew!
ubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmile

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
Mike I dont think your'l be let in at one mate seriously, as the venue's capasity will be full your have to wait until someone leaves or something.

Like Chuey said get on Monsters Website join and get there early if you can come, it'l be great to have anyone who can actually get home afterwards can come.

Petey Plus one eh? bout time too!

*Thats one of my favourite Nurseries over there,*

Roman, Trippie Hippie,On the way back from Play Festival

fire_fairy_liquidBRONZE Member
enthusiast
287 posts

Posted:
lmao i dnt think il be going to monster monster im spendin new yrs with mr d lol wink

thanks for burning with me

CattSILVER Member
103 posts

Posted:
is everyone lookin forward to new year?? anyone going to be doing any spinning anywhere?
happpy new year to all!! smile

Dont take life to seriously, you'll never get out alive!!

Catt xxx

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Just on the 8th

*sets up camp in the porch waiting for the post man*

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

loki.c1687SILVER Member
addict
546 posts

Posted:
sam's gona sort it out mate dont worry about me mill

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
Well whatever everyone does have a good time and I'll be thinking of you all at midnight and sending out lots of lovely HoP hugs over the ether. hughughughughughughughughug2

You guys have made my year - so much spinny goodness! I had no idea all this would come about when i turned up at the first meet last october so thank you all kissubblove

'The last rays of crimson on the spindle tree as the cerise fruit splits and reveals its orange seeds in a gloriously clashing colour scheme no-one would ever dare to wear'
Euonymous Europeus

GazzaBeeBRONZE Member
PoiBoi
627 posts

Posted:
It's NYE!!! Just about to go out to start getting stuff for the House Party... Don't think I am going to be online again so...

bounce2 HAPPY NEW YEAR! bounce2

What a lovely 2005 it has been meeting all you Spinners!! Hoping you all have a gr8 one!

G x

Stuck in my Poi comfort zone....

skribleBRONZE Member
155 posts

Posted:
Hoppy New Year everyone hope you all have a great time no matter what your up to!hughughughughughug

this apple juice is a bit milky isnt it?!

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
bounce back at ya guys, have an amazing end of 2005, roll on 2006! hug

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

GazzaBeeBRONZE Member
PoiBoi
627 posts

Posted:
Oooo Jen... Nice new Avatar *purrrr*

Stuck in my Poi comfort zone....

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
tongue

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)

fire_fairy_liquidBRONZE Member
enthusiast
287 posts

Posted:
i got a tattoo to celebrate the new year lol

only orib now is thth i cnt afford to go out tonight lol oh well happy new yr all and have a goodun wink

ph and hope everyones partys go well lol

thanks for burning with me

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
ooh biggrin where is it? Show me on the 8th

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

lemmingladyGOLD Member
63 posts

Posted:
Can anyone meet me at the train station I have no idea where I'm going!
(i havnt been bothered reading through the last of the posts so if people are already meeting there. and i'm just being repetitive...errr... I applogise I think)
Hope you guys had a top new year

I'd love to stay here and be normal....

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Wich station? If you get off at victoria i can come meet you its abit of a walk if you've never done it before. If its Piccadilly then thats like 3 mins away from piccadilly gardens.

Actually, what time are we all meeting?

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
i dont mind meeting anyone too, whether it be oxford or picadilly.

Creater of Jenisms(TM)

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Oh I wont do oxford I dont know the way, I got lost going back from that pub we went too that sunday night, manchester looks so different at night time. Got to victoria in time though luckily for me since it was the last train back.

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
it's all bright and slightly unsettling when you're drunk, on your own and in a mad dash for the station. I discovered that last January...

Plus the only policeman I found to ask directions from didn't seem to speak English. Which baffled me....eek

Meh

loki.c1687SILVER Member
addict
546 posts

Posted:
but you being the drunk one are you sure it wasnt not being able to understand english?
mike.c

Page: ......