Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Manchester Spinners Meet up Info + Stuff

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
juggle weavesmiley Manchester Spinner’s Meet up and stuff weavesmiley juggle

Hi all If you are looking for people to spin poi with in the North west this is the place to be.

For any one new to this sight DON’T READ THE WHOLE THREAD it has been going a long time and contains lots of old information and chat about previous meet ups and organisation stuff just go to the last few posts to find out the most up-to-date information on current events.

First a bit of info the Manchester spinners lot is no professional spinning troop or organised events it is just a group of people who get together to enjoy themselves. The first meet up was organised way beck in September 04 https://delizium.fotopic.net/c291964.html

The crowd has changed a bit from back then but we have kept a few old timers we welcome all along to come and join us for a spin whether you be experienced or a complete beginner we are willing to teach and learn from you.

Their is no set time for the meet ups they are usually organised around when people can make it and how long they can stay.

I will try to update this first post as often as I can with the most up-to-date info on meet ups and club nights that allow spinning but if I'm being a bit lax just find the last few posts foe up-to-date info (like I said before weren’t you paying attention)

To date the standard meets have gone as meet up in Piccadilly gardens at 4pm (nice central point where every one can get to) Then move on down to the Gas Works/CastleField or Plat fields Park depending on the wether till everyone gets to cold/tired/burned then on to the pub

( anybody who doesn’t know where this is it can be arranged for someone to come meet you at the train station or wherever you are coming from .) smile

{ ubblove We are a nice bunch like that ubblove}

Accommodation for a night can usually be arranged but you need to sort this well in advance no just turning up expecting somewhere to sleep eek

(more to be added and all to be spell checked soon)

pm me any info you would like to add

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

HavokistBRONZE Member

2,530 posts

Posted:
Mr Trippie Hippie Esq. has one of those, they're damn good for contact smile

We are the music makers, We are the dreamers of dreams,
Wandering by lone sea-breakers, And sitting by desolate streams;
World-losers and world-forsakers, On whom the pale moon gleams;
We are the movers and shakers of the world for ever, it seems.

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
And also does Dave my prestonian mate

I hear the words three staff juggling under Uv lights in my head

*Thats one of my favourite Nurseries over there,*

Roman, Trippie Hippie,On the way back from Play Festival

SniperBRONZE Member
Snoochie-boochie-noochies!
663 posts

Posted:
that's one big head you got there if you wanna juggle 3 4ft staves in there and a blacklight + power supply tongue

robnunchucksBRONZE Member
enthusiast
363 posts

Posted:
aright all if anyone wants a lift to play festival and can get down macclesfield on friday morning i can give them a lift to play but im going back to birmingham after so unless you wanta go to birmingham after play you'll have to sort some other way of geting back i've got space for 4 people in my car so if anyone still needs a lift to play give me a shout

My nunchucks vital statictics biggrin

weight: 500g
handle lenght: 16 inches
chain length: 2 inches

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
Rob your doing down on your own? Thats one lonely journey

Sniper i can always dream!

enthusiast
363 posts

Posted:
thats why im looking for some company smile

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
humm what time mr rob and where abouts i was planning to get the train at about 8ish in the morning from man what time are the other man peeps setting of???????????????????????

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

enthusiast
363 posts

Posted:
i was thinking off about 10-11 o clock the site doesn't open till 12 friday and it'll take about 2 hours to get there wanta lift?

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
humm would be graet if you could will let you know more difinatly 2 mos when im packed and stuff

enthusiast
363 posts

Posted:
cool well if you can get down macclesfield area friday morning round 10-11 i'll pick you up and take you down like i said can't bring you back but i'll drop you off at the station on my way to brum
EDITED_BY: robnunchucks (1124316135)

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
Do take Tobi Rob,bounce2 bounce bounce2 at least we know he'l get there safely clap clap and seen as I just realised my first aid kit isnt anywhere and what happened to me at Fal4.censored mad2

I think Sam Rose Jenna Mike et al are getting the train about eleven, Kyle and I are off to Romans tomorrow then A roads all the way from Rudheath as Ro's not aloud on the Motorway(His mom says so)

lolsign lolsign
EDITED_BY: house_of_mill (1124317878)

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
me sam and kirsty are in the car on fri, rose and mike are training it on sat :P

ooo kirsty (tiz80) whos new and coming to the manc meets and just happens to be a friend from uni tongue is coming so everyone pls say a big hello to her on fri smile

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

HavokistBRONZE Member

2,530 posts

Posted:
is the meet at the end of this month the saturday the 27th or the sunday the 28th?

if it's the saturday i can't make it to show off my new balls frown

We are the music makers, We are the dreamers of dreams,
Wandering by lone sea-breakers, And sitting by desolate streams;
World-losers and world-forsakers, On whom the pale moon gleams;
We are the movers and shakers of the world for ever, it seems.

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
ok im in will work out what time i can get to mac any chance you can pick me up from the train station

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
i can get to mac train station for any time round 10-11 what time is best for you.

i have quite a bit of stuff (taking an extra tent for somone)

mill do you want me to take the unicycle??

enthusiast
363 posts

Posted:
yep thats what i had in mind tell me what time your train gets into macc and i'll be waiting i'll pm you my mobile number to

enthusiast
363 posts

Posted:
and dont worry about space its just you and me and im in my dads car which is 4 door with a big boot so space aint a problem but remember you'll have to bring it back on the train cos im heading to birmingham after play so i can't bring you back though i can give you a lift to the station smile

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
yeh no prob i think i have a lift home

enthusiast
363 posts

Posted:
sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet well send me a text when you know when your geting into macc and i'll see you tomorow morning smile

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
Tobi please do bring the cycle I want to race my house mate Ste

See you all in the morning

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Written by:

is the meet at the end of this month the saturday the 27th or the sunday the 28th?

if it's the saturday i can't make it to show off my new balls

Saturday 27th as far as I can tell...its up there somewhere like 2 pages back. How come you cant make it?

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
bump meetas coming soon as we have allrecoverd from play

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
Next meet for all those who can make it biggrin

weavesmiley Saturday 27th 4pm Plat Fields Park weavesmiley

Let’s say meet up at 4 in Plat fields Park under the trees by the church like last time ubbrollsmile

I won’t be there (family stuff) frown

SniperBRONZE Member
663 posts

Posted:
for those who don't know (i.e. me) how do you get to pfp from say picadilly gardens?

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
its probs best tp meet up with someone sniper. if anyone wants, i get off at oxford rd train station to go to platt field, if anyone wants to meet me to go there i can show ya smile

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

SniperBRONZE Member
663 posts

Posted:
it's a date :P

=Flamer=member
192 posts

Posted:
Oh great.. i wanted to come to the next meet but im at Leeds Festival on the 27th. I'll have to wait till next time.

Andy

Fire Staff £27, Paraffin £10... setting yourself alight, Priceless!

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Hmm jen you mind if I meet you in bolton and travel with you?, I can e-mail you or try catch you on msn before friday nite.

I never been to a meet, and ive never been to manchester so I'll only get lost trying to find my way around on my own.

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
may only be a small meet as many people will be at festivals as it is the festival season

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
How long does it go on for anyway? Oh I wish it was winter so it would get darker earlyer, thats much better for my lovley (but easily broken) new poi...wich is in the post because i had to send one of them off to get replaced lol, at least they were nice about it tho

Page: ......