Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Manchester Spinners Meet up Info + Stuff

Login/Join to Participate
Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
juggle weavesmiley Manchester Spinner’s Meet up and stuff weavesmiley juggle

Hi all If you are looking for people to spin poi with in the North west this is the place to be.

For any one new to this sight DON’T READ THE WHOLE THREAD it has been going a long time and contains lots of old information and chat about previous meet ups and organisation stuff just go to the last few posts to find out the most up-to-date information on current events.

First a bit of info the Manchester spinners lot is no professional spinning troop or organised events it is just a group of people who get together to enjoy themselves. The first meet up was organised way beck in September 04 https://delizium.fotopic.net/c291964.html

The crowd has changed a bit from back then but we have kept a few old timers we welcome all along to come and join us for a spin whether you be experienced or a complete beginner we are willing to teach and learn from you.

Their is no set time for the meet ups they are usually organised around when people can make it and how long they can stay.

I will try to update this first post as often as I can with the most up-to-date info on meet ups and club nights that allow spinning but if I'm being a bit lax just find the last few posts foe up-to-date info (like I said before weren’t you paying attention)

To date the standard meets have gone as meet up in Piccadilly gardens at 4pm (nice central point where every one can get to) Then move on down to the Gas Works/CastleField or Plat fields Park depending on the wether till everyone gets to cold/tired/burned then on to the pub

( anybody who doesn’t know where this is it can be arranged for someone to come meet you at the train station or wherever you are coming from .) smile

{ ubblove We are a nice bunch like that ubblove}

Accommodation for a night can usually be arranged but you need to sort this well in advance no just turning up expecting somewhere to sleep eek

(more to be added and all to be spell checked soon)

pm me any info you would like to add

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

SeyeSILVER Member
Geek
1,261 posts

Posted:
I have now finished the main sections of my site https://www.your-world.co.uk

I'll be attempting to put all of the info for future manc meets and any pics / video can go in the gallery there. I'm also going to work on getting a load of tutorial video's for spinny things very soon.

If you want to know more please go and check it out. Feel free to sign up and post messages on the forum or comments in the gallery biggrin

pricklyleafSILVER Member
with added berries
1,365 posts

Posted:
*runs onto hop after not being here for months*

I'm moving to Manchester in September.

Look forwards to meeting you all then, as I don't know anyone in manchester yet.

see you soon

Live like there is no tomorrow,
dance like nobody is watching
and hula hoop like wiggling will save the world.

“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson

KupschSILVER Member
163 posts

Posted:
nice one pricklyleaf i'll see u the end of august!

nutellamember
87 posts

Posted:
i might, just might, be able to make it sunday. it depends on one major factor. if my boss decides he needs me to sell computers on monday morning at 9, ill have to go home sunday and since its five hours on the train theres no way i can do both meet and journey home without going insane. but if i dont have to sell people expensive accessories they dont need till later on in the week then count me in! and steaks, itll snow next sunday if i come, thats gods sense of humour for you.

american components, russian components, all made in taiwan!!!

robnunchucksBRONZE Member
enthusiast
363 posts

Posted:
arighty all long time no see i've finished uni now and im now living back near manchester again so i should be able to start comeing up all the meets look forward to seeing all the new faces since the last time i managed to come along smile

also is the meet the 30th in platts fields or the gas works?

My nunchucks vital statictics biggrin

weight: 500g
handle lenght: 16 inches
chain length: 2 inches

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
depends on the weather. If it's Sunny - then platt fields, if not, then gasworks!

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

icklepurklegirlmember
116 posts

Posted:
COME ON people, plattfields has places to go if its rainy anyway, have it in the D**m park!!!

*is biased as two minutes from my house*

-spinnin' to the rhythm of the new world order-

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
To be totaly honest IM not a big fan of plat fields

i have only had 2 good big meets there

and have bewen haseled by the police far to many times for comfort
and where can we spinn in the rain there???????????

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

icklepurklegirlmember
116 posts

Posted:
hmmm.the police are a bit of an issue, sneaking up on the blimmin' bikes, stealing your *ahem* smokables...
and spin out of the rain under the trees/near the costume gallery/ on the bridges under, well, more trees....

ok, ok Tobes, you have a point
*crosses fingers for sunshine to save her a trek into town*

ooh,ohh, mr Tobi, remember saying you would make me lovely shiny double staffs? is that still cool with you? *is excited at prospect of learning new skills*

robnunchucksBRONZE Member
enthusiast
363 posts

Posted:
what time are the meets theses days and have you been learning some doubles tobi?

My nunchucks vital statictics biggrin

weight: 500g
handle lenght: 16 inches
chain length: 2 inches

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
usual, around 4pm

ive never had any police trouble confused but if some peeps arent up for platt feilds then we can stick to gasworks, i know it aint pretty but we dont get trouble, its near transport, theres shelter and a field for the sunshine sunny

shall we just stick there?

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Castlefield!!!

*Runs away*

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
ubbloco

or castlefield *glares at dave for making at complicated* tongue

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)

CattSILVER Member
103 posts

Posted:
mmm plat fields or gas works eithers good for me!!!! looking forward to it!

OH and IKLEPRUKLE ohhh you know who you are ha ha any chance of bringing that staff for me to have a nosey at??? no worries if not, we can do it another time!!

Hope all are well, not been around here for a while so kinda missed out on a whole bunch of stuff!!! im sure ill catch up somehow!!!

see you sunday!!!!!!!!!

Cattxx wink ubbrollsmile

Dont take life to seriously, you'll never get out alive!!

Catt xxx

SeyeSILVER Member
Geek
1,261 posts

Posted:
shall we just say gasworks to make this less complicated?

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
yes! ubbloco

Creater of Jenisms(TM)

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Whats complicated about

Warm and unrainy - Plattfields

Cold and Rainy - The gassworks

I hate the gas works its so cramped, theres no room. Plus the gasworks dosent have a pub next to it biggrin pub pub pub! (with a scary man-woman bouncer ubblol). Plattfields has busses running up and down every 10 mins all day and afternoon. Its got more choice for food if anyones hungry with the curry mile, its so much better.

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

icklepurklegirlmember
116 posts

Posted:
Catt-will bring staff :-)
everyone else- if its sunny we should play in the park if not then in gasworks, that seems like a fair way for the choice to be made as we all have differing preferences.
castlefield can go away-thats *really* far....

SeyeSILVER Member
Geek
1,261 posts

Posted:
lets just say we'll go to the gasworks this time. There's plenty of space on the grass there.

When everyone is there we can discuss the potential of future meets in the park.

Also - if anyone has a video camer bring it down and we'll see if we can get something uploaded to my server soon biggrin

HavokistBRONZE Member

2,530 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Brit_Joe

I hate the gas works its so cramped, theres no room. Plus the gasworks dosent have a pub next to it biggrin pub pub pub! (with a scary man-woman bouncer ubblol). Plattfields has busses running up and down every 10 mins all day and afternoon. Its got more choice for food if anyones hungry with the curry mile, its so much better.

erm... gasworks... field... lots of space... shelter if it does rain, several pubs within 5-10 min walking distance, countless busses running not too far away, aswell as a train station... Loco's is near enough a one stop take away, and there's a major lack of police and non educated delinquants at the gasworks... 'nuff said tongue ubbrollsmile

We are the music makers, We are the dreamers of dreams,
Wandering by lone sea-breakers, And sitting by desolate streams;
World-losers and world-forsakers, On whom the pale moon gleams;
We are the movers and shakers of the world for ever, it seems.

hamamelisBRONZE Member
nut.
756 posts

Posted:
Umm.. is there any chance if you do decide Castlefields someone could PM me some directions? I've never been there..

Though, come to think of it, I may not be able to go anyways, my uncle's up to visit, and I may be on Entertaining Duty.

THE MEEK WILL INHERIT THE EARTH!

If that's okay with you?

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
lol dont worrie triks, its probably safe to say that castlefields will never happen, it never does even when people start saying

'Hey castlefields anyone?' lol

Fine we shall use the smelly penis encrusted gassworks *pouts*

tongue

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

stakemember
29 posts

Posted:
Hey joe have you finished that video yet?

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
erm , hello, room for a little un? ubbangel

So is the meet Sat or Sunday (got kerfuzzled)? confused If it's Sat may make it, if it's sun will def make it and will have asstd sisters, neices n nephys with me - Sam's got pretty good at staff since aunty lou lou got her her 1st staff at Platylast year wink

pretty damn gutted can't make Monster Monster tho... frown

'The last rays of crimson on the spindle tree as the cerise fruit splits and reveals its orange seeds in a gloriously clashing colour scheme no-one would ever dare to wear'
Euonymous Europeus

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
The meet is Sunday 30th Elaine and don't worry I can't make it to this Monster Monster either, not enough money unless by some bizzare mirricle the Jobcentre pay me my dole money on Friday instead of Monday smile

Owned by the lovely SNOOPoi
Owner of Clarence_Quack

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
 Written by: stake

Hey joe have you finished that video yet?

Erm no sorry I havnt even gotten it uploaded to my computer yet redface, they wont be this slow in the future its just until I get an IEE data card and the software, ive only got the cable so far lol

But if anyone whos coming on sunday has a digital cam corder too AND has means too upload it I would happily hand over the (digital satandard) tape for anyone else to upload and then edit, or if you dont want to edit it you can send it too jenna (Ze_Bubbles) because ide asked jen to edit it once it finally got uploaded.

x_non_xmember
61 posts

Posted:
i really wanna come to a meet, but can never make it on sundays because i have to be home between 5&6 for tea and stuff because my parents are strict =(

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
Mmm Sunday I may have to be there, but the Gasworks? God, its Horrible! Oh well At least I'll have you lot to endure it with

See you's then!

*Thats one of my favourite Nurseries over there,*

Roman, Trippie Hippie,On the way back from Play Festival

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Just just want it at Platt Fields because it's close Mill!

Try coming to a Preston meet! tongue

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
I'd honestly prefer platt fields because of the variation in ground surface, its a damn sight more challenging than the few steps the gasworks has to offer

*Thats one of my favourite Nurseries over there,*

Roman, Trippie Hippie,On the way back from Play Festival