Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Manchester Spinners Meet up Info + Stuff

Login/Join to Participate
Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
juggle weavesmiley Manchester Spinner’s Meet up and stuff weavesmiley juggle

Hi all If you are looking for people to spin poi with in the North west this is the place to be.

For any one new to this sight DON’T READ THE WHOLE THREAD it has been going a long time and contains lots of old information and chat about previous meet ups and organisation stuff just go to the last few posts to find out the most up-to-date information on current events.

First a bit of info the Manchester spinners lot is no professional spinning troop or organised events it is just a group of people who get together to enjoy themselves. The first meet up was organised way beck in September 04 https://delizium.fotopic.net/c291964.html

The crowd has changed a bit from back then but we have kept a few old timers we welcome all along to come and join us for a spin whether you be experienced or a complete beginner we are willing to teach and learn from you.

Their is no set time for the meet ups they are usually organised around when people can make it and how long they can stay.

I will try to update this first post as often as I can with the most up-to-date info on meet ups and club nights that allow spinning but if I'm being a bit lax just find the last few posts foe up-to-date info (like I said before weren’t you paying attention)

To date the standard meets have gone as meet up in Piccadilly gardens at 4pm (nice central point where every one can get to) Then move on down to the Gas Works/CastleField or Plat fields Park depending on the wether till everyone gets to cold/tired/burned then on to the pub

( anybody who doesn’t know where this is it can be arranged for someone to come meet you at the train station or wherever you are coming from .) smile

{ ubblove We are a nice bunch like that ubblove}

Accommodation for a night can usually be arranged but you need to sort this well in advance no just turning up expecting somewhere to sleep eek

(more to be added and all to be spell checked soon)

pm me any info you would like to add

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
Oi you lovely northern monkeys wink

[Old link]

on the 29th?

Manchester is closer to leeds than southampton and im going to make it, so what say you?

Come and play biggrin

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Hey Strugzy baby! I did look at that before but Monster Monster is on that day! (Prior obligations etc...)

BUT!!! There is a poi meet in Manchester the day after!

COME TO BOTH!!! biggrin

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
eek but monster monsters that night! unless we can get back before it..... confused and our meets the next day ubblol could be a crazy weekend!

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
Ahh but will monster monster have an MCP in the house?

coz if not then im with Leeds wink

biggrin

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Yeah, if you can't make it strugz we MIGHT be able to go during the day then come back for about 9 or 10ish

But DO come to the Manchester meet the day after if you can. If only for a few hours (Might even go there earlier to accommodate you!)

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
damn dave your too quick for me tongue

yeah strugz, you guys come manc after, but then again, depending on these guys theres a few scenarios:

a) you guys come here on the sun
b)you guys come on sat after the meet to monster monster then the meet on sun tongue
c)we go there sat, but get back for monster then the meet
d)we go there sat, then back for the meet sun

personally i prefer b) biggrin but depending on what these guys are up for i can do a,b or c

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
By the way - how far is Southampton from Brighton...? biggrin

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
Erm about 60 odd miles dude biggrin

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Not TOO far... I have all week! biggrin

No we don't have an MCP but we do have a Seye (and a me biggrin) what say you for the day after then? (If you have to work on Monday then i guess it'll be out of the question!

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
Id love to say yes - however i do have to work monday and my train leaves leeds station at 6pm on the sunday.

Im hoping that sat night will involve me feeling a little rough too biggrin

Sooooo - its all a bit pants really, if id have know i would have booked a train ticket home from Manc rolleyes

Ah well smile

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Not too late to change your ticket (albiet with a charge of £5 - but then again I'm guessing after PLAY that cash will be short on the ground... biggrin )

Hmmmm, not been to Leeds for a while... a day trip might be in order...

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
Well Meg & I will be there from 1pm onwards dude.

There is a whole day / afternoon to fill ubbrollsmile

and yep - money - i dont have although i have alot of credit ubblol

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Argh! just posted the question to that answer in the Leeds thread!

Sounds like a plan! Although I have work for a couple of from 8am that day frown

Need to learn more stuff with the doubles! So I'm guessing Leeds it is then... (as well as witness the 8th Wonder of the World that is Meg's hair...)

SeyeSILVER Member
Geek
1,261 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Neon_Shaolin

Not TOO far... I have all week! biggrin

No we don't have an MCP but we do have a Seye (and a me biggrin) what say you for the day after then? (If you have to work on Monday then i guess it'll be out of the question!

Under what circumstances do I become a substitute for Meg confused

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
There is no substitute for Meg... There is only other people are just as if not more worthy incentives for visiting nearby towns... hug

(Plus you have something Meg doesn't... rolleyes)

You coming to Monster Seye?

SeyeSILVER Member
Geek
1,261 posts

Posted:
I take it you mean my incredible ability to get really drunk and giggle at nothing for hours on end. umm

On the moster side of things - I dont think so dude.

Glade pretty much wiped out my cash supplies frown

I need to get a job now ubbcrying Or find some DJ work. I think that will be a bit harder though.

KupschSILVER Member
163 posts

Posted:
hey there im thinking of taking a wee trip down to manchesterr in august prob near end! when is ure meetups/clubs?

HavokistBRONZE Member

2,530 posts

Posted:
i'm sure we could probably organise a meet for when you come down, i don't think the manchester spinners would mind another reason to meet up for a spin ubbrollsmile

We are the music makers, We are the dreamers of dreams,
Wandering by lone sea-breakers, And sitting by desolate streams;
World-losers and world-forsakers, On whom the pale moon gleams;
We are the movers and shakers of the world for ever, it seems.

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
wicked kupsch, just let us know when you got the exact dates and im sure we can sort something out smile

strugz, do you really think a charge of £5 for changing your ticket is much when you get to come to a manc meet biggrin wink

and i agree with dave, would be cool to see you soton peeps when we go visit brighton etc

Creater of Jenisms(TM)

KupschSILVER Member
163 posts

Posted:
ok will do, be looking at a saturday end of august. is sat a good day or bad? first i'll need to sort out a train ticket and a place to crash out! bring on the manchester meets glasgow meet up! make a night of it! haha smile

crazylittledaisynewbie
5 posts

Posted:
Hey guys,
I'm at uni in Chester. Would be wicked to come and meet up with you guys when I get back to uni in Sept as chester is so small and it seems to be void of any spinners!
Rose xxx

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
hey rose, looking forward to seeing you in september! just keep an eye on this thread for future meets smile

Creater of Jenisms(TM)

skribleBRONZE Member
155 posts

Posted:
hey all just got a flat not got net access so am payin too much for it in a cafe! is the meet on the 30th? i dont think i have been going long enuff to be classed as an old timer but i will be there. will you have to come you havent been in ages anyone would have thought it was difficult for you to get to us lol! see you all soon will post asap hug weavesmiley bye
love an hugs an stuff
T
xXxXx

this apple juice is a bit milky isnt it?!

=Flashpoint=SILVER Member
Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
Rose, i'm in Chester, ish...

smile

ohmygodlaserbeamspewpewpew!
ubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmile

GazzaBeeBRONZE Member
PoiBoi
627 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Alien_Concept

I will be driving in from Liverpool. Anyone need a lift from the city centre?

Anyone seem Gazzabee? I haven't seen him for so long, I think I am starting to miss him. frown

smile Ahhh... Hello... Still around... I've just been soooooo busy I can't even tell you! Every time there has been a meet, I have been away somewhere!! Hope you all know that you are all missed too, and I love getting my little texts and emails!

Anyways... I will keep checkin online for the next meet and hope that I am gonna be around!!

Laterz all you Hoppers!

bounce2 GazzaBee bounce2

Stuck in my Poi comfort zone....

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
OMG!!! eek IT'S...er.... I mean HE'S ALIVE!!!!

bounce2 bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2

hug

Hey mate! How are we? Haven't seen you for what seems like a millenia!

Come to the next one on 30th July!

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
ditto

bounce2 bounce bounce2

Roll on the 30th biggrin
I believe even Nutela (Liz) will be around for that one as well, and this time she won't be able to moan about being cold despite not actaully wanting to do anything ubblol

Owned by the lovely SNOOPoi
Owner of Clarence_Quack

GazzaBeeBRONZE Member
PoiBoi
627 posts

Posted:
Indeed, I am alive *smirk*

30th you say... Well, I am working that day in Openshaw Park, doing some public consultation, but I am sure I might be able to pop down afterwards for a bit... Where bouts are we doin it now? Gas Works?

Ooooo... Hugs all round hug

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Depends on the weather. I'm assuming if sunny then platt fields (remember there?) or if it's gloomythen gasworks

GazzaBeeBRONZE Member
PoiBoi
627 posts

Posted:
Oh yes... I remember platt fields... Cool... Will see what I can do smile