Posted:
OUCH!!!! MY KNEE!!!!
*limps into work, hungover*

I smell something burning.

DarkFairyQueenmember
557 posts

Posted:
eeek!

gave myself a black eye while using beaming poi+alcahol.

Didn't notice at the time ofcoarse...

Az abouve, So below...

Paddyback from the dead...sort of
884 posts

Posted:
learning with glowsticks + beamers, which weigh more than you're used to + music that gets you really pumped up and makes you want to go fast like you usually do = big bump over left eye + heaaaaadaaaache.

SmokyDavySILVER Member
Do my poi look too small in this?
394 posts

Posted:
I gave myself a black eye with my aerotechs.

DarkFairyQueenmember
557 posts

Posted:
Short 'n' sweet Mr Flow. Got sumwhere to be?

xxx

Az abouve, So below...

vaperloc...the mightylook @my member
466 posts

Posted:
When I use my "beaming poi"at a party drunk or not I rarely leave without a couple of bruises on the face and forearms.I never notice til later because i am usualy too into the music.

There are no obstacles only challenges.
Very funny scotty now beam down my pants.
[colour."green"}What would willie do?

AHH theres too many wee leprechauns i cannae squash them all

SmokyDavySILVER Member
394 posts

Posted:
nope.. I had just woken up and I'm far from verbose at that hour.

funny thing.. This Stella girl thats Paddy's cousin or something looks JUST like you... From afar anyways. I walked into this sunday beach party and I was in shock. "OMG!! Its Lindsey!! WTF is she doing in Toronto!?!?" Especially cause she was spinning poi!

and she's a natural talent like you too.

SmokyDavySILVER Member
394 posts

Posted:
Oh, and the black eye was due to a mixture of alchohol, ketamine and a quadruple windmill gone completely awry!!

master sodiummember
536 posts

Posted:
thou must respect thy beamers, as thou wilt end up in much pain otherwise. and people say the light toys are safer.

you can't have a war against terrorism because war IS terrorism.it's not about worshipping fire. its about making the fire want to worship you.

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
beamers + alcohol.....

yeah, i dunno what i was thinking when i tried that one. i slunk back to my chair and nursed the vodka some more

actually, the whack in the head didn't hurt. it was the whack in the chest that made me quietly fade into teh background....

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
the "vodka" in question was supposed to be a mixed drink. but if you've ever seen my idea of "mixed"......

Keep your dream alive

Shalom VeAhavah

The Welcome Mattmember
193 posts

Posted:
I knocked myself unconcious once with my beaming poi... was not fun

I dreamt that I ate a 10 pound marshmellow and then when I woke up, my pillow was gone!

BamBamPooh-Bah
1,810 posts

Posted:
Black eyes, thick lip, sore nose and brused legs,arms,head.......ohh lets not forget the two broken ribs! The list could go on and on and on........
You could say I have a love hate relationship with my staff, but don't my staff that coz I'll only end up with another black eye after tonights workshop.

Ohh and all that's before I even touch a drink!

I kid you not

Bam

A kiss blown is a kiss wasted, the only kind of kiss is a kiss tasted.

I'm a woman. We don't say what we want, but we reserve the right to be pissed off if we don't get it. That's what makes us so fascinating and not just a LITTLE bit scary.

FireFly Guymember
49 posts

Posted:
yep, that booze brings out the gumby in everyone
Other chemical stimulants don't seem to be as bad tho'.

For those of you who dig Quotes: be true, be real, be a cool cat and your fire shall burn bright through all of your experiences in life and in death

884 posts

Posted:
I'm beginning to suspect Malcolm is a actually a resentful juggler with a master plan to bump off all poiers, one by one, with those beamers of his...

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
I'll take five hits with a burning poi over a single tap with a beamer. OWWWWW!!!!

I saw a friend hit himself in the nuts with two beamers (he screwed up a buterfly). That had him on the ground for about 15 minutes and he didn't walk right all day.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

Stellamember
63 posts

Posted:
Paddy! i didnt know that it hit you that hard! That really sucks. At least it was night and no one could see the bump. Hope it goes away soon.

rocketfire_tothemoon@hotmail.com CARPE DIEM seize the day and you will never regret your actions

884 posts

Posted:
The bump's gone now but it still hurts to move my eyebrows. No funny faces from we for at least a week, I'll have to leave it up to these guys...---> Look at them eyebrows fly~!

I didn't learn my lesson either, on tuesday I a little leap and smacked myself right on top of the head...got *another* bump now. At this rate I'll never be rid of the bump, it'll just migrate around my body until I
a) stop poi
b) die
I'm rooting for b.

sammember
32 posts

Posted:
Thats a bit harsh paddy dont ya think?

well i was considering giving beamers a go.....
but now i think ill just stick to the burning

but there you go

SmokyDavySILVER Member
394 posts

Posted:
the problem for Paddy is he doesn't know how to go slowly so when he hits its at high HIGH speed.. REALLY high speed..

BamBam, I remember those bruises, poor girl, is that why you're getting more into poi and contact

Goddess_Of_Pyremember
107 posts

Posted:
I can't walk straight when I have drank let alone imgaion trying to spin safety while drunk...May as well hand me the match and gas and set the place a fire!

And all my days are trances And all my nightly dreamsAre where thy gray eye glances And where thy footstep gleams-In what ethereal dances By what eternal streams. Edgar Allan PoeThe prophet is a fool and the religious man is fucking mad, and for the multitude of your sense and your inequity, and the great hatred......NANCY BOY

--AuRIaN---member
69 posts

Posted:
oooo--poi under the influence (of anything) is a bad idea. fun tho...until you whack ureself!
tis why i stick to my electro glo poi!!! still hurts but not nearly as fatal as beamers!

884 posts

Posted:
sam, it's not that I *want* to die at all, just that I don't feel like giving up poi 'til I have to.

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Comet-tail poi while under the influence of your favorite intoxicant is a wonderful idea.

Beaming poi is a bad idea. Ow.

Burning poi is a terrible idea. It's not that you might hit yourself, we do that sober. Tt's that you won't be as able to deal with it if something goes wrong and something else catches on fire.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
quote:
Beaming poi is a bad idea. Ow.

amen.

Keep your dream alive

Shalom VeAhavah

DioHoP Mechanical Engineer
729 posts

Posted:
Perhaps we might engineer a softer, gentler beaming poi? Maybe put some little squishy foam knobs all over it

What hits the fan is not evenly distributed.

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
lol, kinda liek teh "kinder gentler nation?"

hehehe.... i like to do the weave with beaming poi very fast......

Keep your dream alive

Shalom VeAhavah

Mark PBRONZE Member
old hand
1,031 posts

Posted:
I enjoyed trying all types of moves really fast with my beaming balls until I hit myself under the chin coming out of a double leg wrap. It felt like I almost knocked myself out and nearly lost some teeth so I am a lot more careful with them now

Respect the power of those little yellow balls

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
the orange/red ones too

Mark are you done with ur PhD yet?

Keep your dream alive

Shalom VeAhavah