Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Manchester Spinners Meet up Info + Stuff

Login/Join to Participate
Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
juggle weavesmiley Manchester Spinner’s Meet up and stuff weavesmiley juggle

Hi all If you are looking for people to spin poi with in the North west this is the place to be.

For any one new to this sight DON’T READ THE WHOLE THREAD it has been going a long time and contains lots of old information and chat about previous meet ups and organisation stuff just go to the last few posts to find out the most up-to-date information on current events.

First a bit of info the Manchester spinners lot is no professional spinning troop or organised events it is just a group of people who get together to enjoy themselves. The first meet up was organised way beck in September 04 https://delizium.fotopic.net/c291964.html

The crowd has changed a bit from back then but we have kept a few old timers we welcome all along to come and join us for a spin whether you be experienced or a complete beginner we are willing to teach and learn from you.

Their is no set time for the meet ups they are usually organised around when people can make it and how long they can stay.

I will try to update this first post as often as I can with the most up-to-date info on meet ups and club nights that allow spinning but if I'm being a bit lax just find the last few posts foe up-to-date info (like I said before weren’t you paying attention)

To date the standard meets have gone as meet up in Piccadilly gardens at 4pm (nice central point where every one can get to) Then move on down to the Gas Works/CastleField or Plat fields Park depending on the wether till everyone gets to cold/tired/burned then on to the pub

( anybody who doesn’t know where this is it can be arranged for someone to come meet you at the train station or wherever you are coming from .) smile

{ ubblove We are a nice bunch like that ubblove}

Accommodation for a night can usually be arranged but you need to sort this well in advance no just turning up expecting somewhere to sleep eek

(more to be added and all to be spell checked soon)

pm me any info you would like to add

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
pip is poi in the park in sheffield this weekend! its going to be awsome, theres a thread for it in the event section, i need to sort myself asap, anyone wanna meet me in manc and get the train? pweese? dont like going on my own frown lemme know asap smile

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

=Flashpoint=SILVER Member
Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
I thought you were getting a lift with me?

smile

ohmygodlaserbeamspewpewpew!
ubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmile

tony830Member
58 posts

Posted:
hey hey !

yeah those are all the colour combos. all the colours apart from forest green are UV reactive. the tails can be removed too by velcro for washing, or just practice without tails !

tone xxxx

SeyeSILVER Member
Geek
1,261 posts

Posted:
I should hopefully be going to pip for the day. I'm not staying over though.

I'll sort out what I'm doing and let people know if theres car spaces later today :-)

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
ubbangel

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

SeyeSILVER Member
Geek
1,261 posts

Posted:
there's at least 3 spaces in my car for pip.

Jen - if pete is not giving you a lift you are more than welcome as you definitely asked first.

Dave - you too.

I've got to call tobi and ask him what he's doing as I have a vague memory of him asking about it too. Also got to see if kaz is well enough to come with me. She's not been well all week frown

Umm... so I guess if those people are all in that's the car full but i'll post later when I know more.

I will probably be leaving sheffield about 9 - 10ish on saturday so anyone who wants a lift back then and can fit in is welcome.

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Yay Seye! hug hug and one more hug

Yeah Tobi said he's take the space but I'm not sure if he wants to go with Terri or what...

What's up? not seen ye in ages!

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

_Chris_GOLD Member
93 posts

Posted:
whats pip? whens pip? and sounds interesting......

Order and pyromancie as one, controlling chaos.
4 8 15 16 23 42

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Hey Chris...

[Old link]

This Saturday in Sheffield... COME! smile

SeyeSILVER Member
Geek
1,261 posts

Posted:
Dave - I've been setting up my home studio biggrin Just need to get back online properly (using my phone at the moment) then we can start making some films with our own soundtracks.

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
Seye, if there is a space available both going and returning on saturday I would be interested in filling it smile hug

Owned by the lovely SNOOPoi
Owner of Clarence_Quack

_Chris_GOLD Member
93 posts

Posted:
PIP sounds good, is it free tho? and is there anyway i cud catch a ride with anyone? im kinda skint atm so i cant be spending unfartunatly frown

Order and pyromancie as one, controlling chaos.
4 8 15 16 23 42

PsyriSILVER Member
artisan
1,576 posts

Posted:
well still intending to come along providing I'm in the vicinity smile I snuck off down to Reading should be back up North t'over t'hills after Monday. Maybe after my pay day something coincidental should be hapening.

SeyeSILVER Member
Geek
1,261 posts

Posted:
Steaks - You have space number 4 in my car.

Its me, dave, tobi +1 (terri?) and steaks.

I'm not sure who's coming back with me.

Chris - If any of my car posse are staying you are more than welcome to a lift back if you can get the train there.

loki.c1687SILVER Member
addict
546 posts

Posted:
hello

Rules and responsibities:
These are the ties that bind us.
We do what we do,because of who we are.
If we did otherwise,we would not be ourselves.
I will do what i have to do
And i will do what i must..

skribleBRONZE Member
155 posts

Posted:
yes sy that would be me! thanx alot for the lift man!

this apple juice is a bit milky isnt it?!

simtaBRONZE Member
compfuzzled
1,182 posts

Posted:
i cant believe your actually gonna get off ya lazy arse and go pip seye ubblol

im actually impressed, see you all there

"the geeks have got you" - Gayle

SeyeSILVER Member
Geek
1,261 posts

Posted:
Yes sim I'll be there. I'm even going to take it easy tonight so I'm actually functional for the event. AND I'm driving so I can't get drunk while I'm there.

There's a new line up for the car possee Me, Tobi, Terri, and Chris.

I'm already thinking about what music we need for the journey.

firelightBRONZE Member
67 posts

Posted:

help im in trouble i need i left to pip in sheffield for spining in the park this sat. i was wondering if anyone has any roon left in there cars for me or going down by train. plz phone me on this number 07979788083. about the trip. and if you can help me out. dawny

love fire to play with, love the wonderful colours in the fire.

loki.c1687SILVER Member
addict
546 posts

Posted:
im spending the week in shef how coneenient for me....oh just have to say it im buying the coolist thing ever..who's going to monster monster
see you all soon.

https://cgi.ebay.com/HUGE-52-Full-Tang-Cl...1QQcmdZViewItem

HavokistBRONZE Member

2,530 posts

Posted:
sorry to rain on your parade, but it says no international shipments... unless you intend to get it from another source or have someone from america send it over

We are the music makers, We are the dreamers of dreams,
Wandering by lone sea-breakers, And sitting by desolate streams;
World-losers and world-forsakers, On whom the pale moon gleams;
We are the movers and shakers of the world for ever, it seems.

loulou27SILVER Member
30 posts

Posted:
 Written by: loki.c1687

oh just have to say it im buying the coolist thing ever..who's going to monster monster
see you all soon.

https://cgi.ebay.com/HUGE-52-Full-Tang-Cl...1QQcmdZViewItem

wouldnt want to bump into you in a dark night with that in you hands!!! eek
Oh, and just wondering when the next meet up in manchester is, anyone thought of anything yet?

loki.c1687SILVER Member
addict
546 posts

Posted:
yeah i know a place i can get it send over.not sure when the next one is but how about the first sunday of the month?Does that fit in with everyone nicely?
mike.c

=Flashpoint=SILVER Member
Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
Thats just silly smile

ohmygodlaserbeamspewpewpew!
ubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmile

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
How about THIS Sunday...? biggrin

HavokistBRONZE Member

2,530 posts

Posted:
however good this sunday may sound, unless there's a sudden influx of manchester spinners checking the thread i fear it may be a bit soon to have a big ish meet... but who knows? tongue

i'll be up for this sunday if other people are ubbrollsmile

We are the music makers, We are the dreamers of dreams,
Wandering by lone sea-breakers, And sitting by desolate streams;
World-losers and world-forsakers, On whom the pale moon gleams;
We are the movers and shakers of the world for ever, it seems.

SeyeSILVER Member
Geek
1,261 posts

Posted:
I probably can't do this sunday. We've got loads of people coming up for De La Soul on saturday night then staying at ours.

Maybe next week in Castlefield?

firelightBRONZE Member
67 posts

Posted:
next sun is 5th of november which is mean bonfire nite, how about the sun after that. which is 12th. lets hope we can sort out a date for the next met up. confused
EDITED_BY: firelight (1161767342)

love fire to play with, love the wonderful colours in the fire.

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Yo Kyle! I'll be in Manchester anyway if you want to meet up then...

Seye: I'd be up for Castlefield (though I suspect some will get offended that we even DARE suggest someplace else tongue) (I'm still of two minds whether to go to Whirl-Y-Gig in London)

Dawn: Surely a fire meet and bonfire night will go hand in hand but on the other hand should we really be celebrating the failure to blow up the houses of parliament? biggrin

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
I vote for the 12th as it is my birthday on the 13th biggrin
and De La Soul sounds tempting biggrin
Sorry I missed pitp as well, everything was against me that weekend (mostly work and time)

Owned by the lovely SNOOPoi
Owner of Clarence_Quack