Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Manchester Spinners Meet up Info + Stuff

Login/Join to Participate
Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
juggle weavesmiley Manchester Spinner’s Meet up and stuff weavesmiley juggle

Hi all If you are looking for people to spin poi with in the North west this is the place to be.

For any one new to this sight DON’T READ THE WHOLE THREAD it has been going a long time and contains lots of old information and chat about previous meet ups and organisation stuff just go to the last few posts to find out the most up-to-date information on current events.

First a bit of info the Manchester spinners lot is no professional spinning troop or organised events it is just a group of people who get together to enjoy themselves. The first meet up was organised way beck in September 04 https://delizium.fotopic.net/c291964.html

The crowd has changed a bit from back then but we have kept a few old timers we welcome all along to come and join us for a spin whether you be experienced or a complete beginner we are willing to teach and learn from you.

Their is no set time for the meet ups they are usually organised around when people can make it and how long they can stay.

I will try to update this first post as often as I can with the most up-to-date info on meet ups and club nights that allow spinning but if I'm being a bit lax just find the last few posts foe up-to-date info (like I said before weren’t you paying attention)

To date the standard meets have gone as meet up in Piccadilly gardens at 4pm (nice central point where every one can get to) Then move on down to the Gas Works/CastleField or Plat fields Park depending on the wether till everyone gets to cold/tired/burned then on to the pub

( anybody who doesn’t know where this is it can be arranged for someone to come meet you at the train station or wherever you are coming from .) smile

{ ubblove We are a nice bunch like that ubblove}

Accommodation for a night can usually be arranged but you need to sort this well in advance no just turning up expecting somewhere to sleep eek

(more to be added and all to be spell checked soon)

pm me any info you would like to add

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
2 true

what are we at now

replies: 4921

views:70302
EDITED_BY: Mint Sauce (1189468488)

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
pics look good, wanted to come frown

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
well why dont you come on the 14th and say hi to bov

Written by: TheBovrilMonkey

I'm going to be in Manchester for the evening on the 14th - anyone fancy meeting for a spin and/or drink?

Also, I'll be heading down to Bristol for the convention on the 15th after I finish work in Manchester and I'll have a bit of space in the car if anyone needs a lift down.

we are still trying to organise somthing for him smile

HavokistBRONZE Member

2,530 posts

Posted:
it doesn't seem like too bad an idea, where and what time are peoples thinking of meeting up?

We are the music makers, We are the dreamers of dreams,
Wandering by lone sea-breakers, And sitting by desolate streams;
World-losers and world-forsakers, On whom the pale moon gleams;
We are the movers and shakers of the world for ever, it seems.

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
I spoke to Bov last night. He is free prety much all of friday evening and is staying in Trafford park.
So I was thinking about a bit of a aspin from about 7pm either at Castlefield or Platt Fields park (weather permitting) then off to the pub for a couple of beers.

Bov isn't 100% sure what time he will finish work at on Friday, but say's it won't be late. And 7 should give enough time for most of us who work, to get washed and what ever else after work and into town to meet whilst its still moderatly light.
Anyone have any other ideas, feel free to throw them around.

Owned by the lovely SNOOPoi
Owner of Clarence_Quack

pricklyleafSILVER Member
with added berries
1,365 posts

Posted:
On facebook, there has been discussion of meeting back at fletcher moss again.

If not, then, for selfish reasons Platt fields would be a better option for me due to there being parking available.

But my vote would be for fletcher moss wink

Live like there is no tomorrow,
dance like nobody is watching
and hula hoop like wiggling will save the world.

“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
That sounds cool. But not all of us are on facebook!

Owner of Clarence_Quack

pricklyleafSILVER Member
with added berries
1,365 posts

Posted:
I know, I didn't start it angel2 devil

“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
 Written by: steaks

That sounds cool. But not all of us are on facebook!

well get wit the groov if you want to be hip peace

lol ubbloco

SeyeSILVER Member
Geek
1,261 posts

Posted:
there's plenty of parking at fletcher moss. if you turn down the road at the side of the pubs (the Didsbury and the [censored] Inn) then follow it round to the right there's loads of room for cars and a gate into the meadow.

I may make it for a little spin. things are pretty hectic at the moment though.

pricklyleafSILVER Member
with added berries
1,365 posts

Posted:
So are we decided on fletcher moss then? What time are we looking at?

Ralph Waldo Emerson

thesynapseSILVER Member
28 posts

Posted:
Hi people,

So the next meet is on Friday, yeah? I can't make that because, unlike the rest of you, I'll be GOING to work at about 8pm so it's not worth me turning up I'd say.

When is the next meet after that? Will it be on a Sunday?

pricklyleafSILVER Member
with added berries
1,365 posts

Posted:
The next meet will almost definately be a Sunday, though nothing is arranged yet. Keep checking back!

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
Sure you could come and set of from there to work smile

Humm time hummmmmm

How about 3-4 ish and wait for bov to finish his work and meet him whenever he turns up??

I def think we need to pub afterwards to socialize and the like smile

pricklyleafSILVER Member
with added berries
1,365 posts

Posted:
well "I'm free!"

And apparently showing my age, even though I'm no where near enough to show that kind of age.

I can come whenever biggrin

Ralph Waldo Emerson

PinkNigelPinker than thou
336 posts

Posted:
 Written by: pricklyleaf

well "I'm free!"

And apparently showing my age, even though I'm no where near enough to show that kind of age.

Almost..Are you being served? was still being made after you were born (just...)

I can come whenever biggrin

Watch yourself there hon, someone's going to be quoting you out of context to humorous effect if you're not careful.. ubbangel

A wise man once said: "You have two ears and one mouth, therefore you should shut the censored up and listen" (though, to be fair, he might not've put it _quite_ like that..)

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
*twiddles thumbs*

rolleyes

Ow!! eek stood on tumbleweed...

I'm sure there's something I gotta be doing...

Oh yes! keeping a promise to Holly... It's not TOO offtopic... biggrin

https://www.homeofpoi.com/gallery/showpho...=all&page=1

https://www.homeofpoi.com/gallery/showpho...=500&page=2

https://www.homeofpoi.com/gallery/showpho...=500&page=3

I'm sure you'll be fine Nigel. I leave them in your well-lubricated hands...

wave bye wave << Just you shaking off the excess...

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
te he giggle naked men (or should I say Man wink )

pricklyleafSILVER Member
with added berries
1,365 posts

Posted:
You all have my character completly wrong! rolleyes

I'm completly sweet and innocent don't you know! I'm one of these ubbangel

(Note to self, must work on maintaning sweet and innocent exterior and fool everyone into a false sense of security).

(p.s. thanks for that Dave! It turns out I've seen those before wink)

Ralph Waldo Emerson

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
3-4pm is a little early for me.

But I am doing a 'meet & greet' at around 6pm in Piccadliiy Gardens for anyone wanting help finding Fletcher Moss.

Still waiting to hear back from Bov about his finish time as well.

Owner of Clarence_Quack

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:

I'm completly sweet and innocent don't you know! I'm one of these ubbangel

(Note to self, must work on maintaning sweet and innocent exterior and fool everyone into a false sense of security).

ubblol doesnt work, ive been trying that for years! wink

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

PinkNigelPinker than thou
336 posts

Posted:
Bit of a heads up folks - the gate to Fletcher Moss on Wilmslow road (the one to the left of the pubs if you're over the road looking at them) gets locked at sundown. Dunno why really, cos all the other ways in stay open, and the wall next to that gate isn't anything of a barrier at all really, but it could make things a touch more tricky that they need to be...

A wise man once said: "You have two ears and one mouth, therefore you should shut the censored up and listen" (though, to be fair, he might not've put it _quite_ like that..)

thesynapseSILVER Member
28 posts

Posted:
Someone mentioned that Platt Fields could be an option earlier on.

From a completely selfish point of view, this would suit me! As far as I'm aware the gates never get locked. Plus if we stay reasonably near the High Road it should still be safe for people to walk to us.

An idea? Especially now that sundown is at about 7:30pm these days isn't it?

pricklyleafSILVER Member
with added berries
1,365 posts

Posted:
Yeah, we found that out last week. Don't worry though, the wall was very easy to climb over. wink

Sorry synapse, but I think fletcher moss has pretty much already been decided on now. There's nothing to say we can't make the next meet at Platt fields though.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

shocked_prawnSILVER Member
old hand
865 posts

Posted:
sorry guys i cant make it again! i got loads of stuff that needs doing!
ill see you soon though smile ubbrollsmile

Proud Co-Owner of PoiBoi
Owned by J.A.C

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
We have had many meets before now at Platt fields, they generally go quite well (although have been told off a couple of times for playing with fire too near to the road).

Synapse, if you are unsure of how to get to Fletcher Moss, feel free to meet up with me and a few other spinners around 6pm in Piccadilly Gardens (outside Cafe Nero) and get the bus down with us all.

I'll resurect the 'Mini Meet' thread again soon as another freshers week is upon us again, no doubt there will be a whole host of new spinners in and around south manchester up for more regular meets than the main ones. We have just been blessed with timing at the minut to have 3 in as many weeks. smile ubbrollsmile juggle ubblove grouphug peace

Owner of Clarence_Quack

CattSILVER Member
103 posts

Posted:
Hey everyone!!
Hows it going? havent been around for a long time but it seems like everyone is doing well. Will def try and get to a meet very very soon, i miss spinning so much but summer has been so mental!!
Enjoy the meet and ill catch you all soon!
take care!

Sorry i couldnt make the last meet you txt me about steaks, things have been a little crazy rencently but i promise ill be around soon!
hope your doing good hun!!

LOWAN,
I lost my phone so dont have your number, get intouch we can have another meet in lpool, im sure scoob would be well up for it!!
hope your cool

bye bye all xx

Dont take life to seriously, you'll never get out alive!!

Catt xxx

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
Ok this meet was a tad strange

First Holly gets harassed be strange naked people masturbating eek eek eek (SCARY)

Second we turn up seriously late (sorry Holly)

Not to many people turned up PTHerrrrrrrrrrrr to ya all (that was me sticking my tong out) some people turned up complained it was a random field and left (pants to them)

Bov got there in the end YEY Great to see you again. (Waits in anticipation for next time I see him)

Pub was cold but much fun was had

(I actually had a drink SHOCK)

well looks like next one is the MJC

Not sure if I can make that frown

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
DAMMIT!!! I turn my back for one second and miss the good/scary stuff! eek

(Hope you're alright Holly! hug)

Random fields are like gold-dust to spinners! (Sod 'em!)

What did Bov think of Manc?

Enjoy your MJC, and I'll enjoy mine... hug

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

shocked_prawnSILVER Member
old hand
865 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Neon_Shaolin

Random fields are like gold-dust to spinners!

if any of you guys are in chester im sure youd be welcome to spin in joels random feild ubbrollsmile

Proud Co-Owner of PoiBoi
Owned by J.A.C