DarkFairyQueenmember
557 posts

Posted:
I appologise for this pointless post.

I just put Ainema (by TOOL) on. I havn't heard it in ages an it's made me feel all tingly inside

hhooooowAaAAAAH! Bo!

Actually, while I've got ya'll here, What bands make you go all tingly?
What band (if any) can cheer you up no-matter how shite you feel?

Love Ya'll

"to ascend you must die! you must be crucified!"

Az abouve, So below...

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
Underworld (from trainspotting) makes me completely CRAZY actually !!!!

And Manu Chao (otehr feeling but great feeling)

and hmmm... so many actually

pointless post ... pointless answer ... but always the fastest one (damn ... i am BORED !!!)

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

SmallBoy - xCarpal \'Tunnel
2,737 posts

Posted:
And I thought you'd upset someone again - LOL

Tingly? - Pass....but any and all D&B/Junglism gets me up and bouncy, and within 10 mins I'm enjoying myself.

Ooo & Reef......but there's been a few times that I've felt shite recently & no amount of music can cheer me up?

Does this make me weird or just really unlucky with the things that upset me? - never used to be like this, might be getting old. Back in my day, when all this was fields.......ooo jam......

Small Lardy Person In Disguise

Kurobeimember
786 posts

Posted:
Being an avid lover of music i guess any would make me feel uplifted, on saying that however, there are a few tunes that stir my soul:

All the time in the world - Louis Armstrong
Café del Mar - Cuatro
Dreadoverboard - Smokers Delight
Shinobi vs. Dragon Ninja - Lostprophets
Nothing else matters - Metallica

Oh, and almost anything by Mike Oldfield!!

whats up with all the limitations?

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Tingly, happy, smiley and bouncy inspiring music. It's got to be The Flaming Lips!

Also the Beth Orton/Terry Callier duets get me where it counts and are gentler if I'm not in a Lips mood.

DarkFairyQueenmember
557 posts

Posted:
TeeHeee

For me, when I'm feelin' down, I can put on any album by Sublime and be smilin in two minutes. They always remind me dat everyting be cool an easy...

An SmallBoy, we all know there's sumthin wrong with you, I think it's time you accept it luv.
( only kiddin' you cute lickle fluffball you )

xxx

Az abouve, So below...

SmallBoy - xCarpal \'Tunnel
2,737 posts

Posted:
Awwww babygirl - I accepted it years back. That's why I hang out with you guys, you all make me feel so normal - LOL.
Oh and you're FAAAAAAAAR too cute yaself, but thanx.....Mwa - x

Small Lardy Person In Disguise

vaperloc...the mightylook @my member
466 posts

Posted:
Yes sublime is a good one,also the old mighty Met(metallica)umm certain Happy trancy stuff like BT or digweed.The first time I saw groove I tingled when he spun that bedrock.

There are no obstacles only challenges.
Very funny scotty now beam down my pants.
[colour."green"}What would willie do?

AHH theres too many wee leprechauns i cannae squash them all

Raymund Phule (Fireproof)Enter a "Title" here:
2,905 posts

Posted:
Lately I have been reverting back to my older days of true Rock with Aerosmith, GnR and what not man I cant get enough of this.

Some Jarhead last night: "this dumb a$$ thinks hes fireproof"

Wikkamanmember
259 posts

Posted:
Cass, Manu Chao, right on sister, they rock! I like the Flaming lips too, Ohh Yoshima...You wont let those evil robots defeat us...
The latest music that rocked my world was a Blues Musician called Guy Davies, he plays didge, Harmonica and guitar, NOT ALL AT ONCE, because that would be too impressive. Guy Davies rules he makes dirty sleazy funky blues that'll make you wanna shake your ass.
Bob, Robert Nesta Marley, a heavenly soul trapped in a earthbound body. Bob Marley ALWAYS moves me, esp. No Women No Cry,... now little sista don shed no tear, no women no cry. ...all the friends we found and all the friends we've lost along the way.../ and little Jorgie he would make de fire light, log wood burning thru de night.
Oh and Madala Kunenme, an African muscian he's ace, theres a really good Smith and Mighty remix of one of his tunes. I like Aphex Twin as well.
Burning Spear.

[ 26 August 2002, 22:21: Message edited by: Wikkaman ]

The answer is never the answer. What's really interesting is the mystery. If you seek the mystery instead of the answer, you'll always be seeking. I've never seen anybody really find the answer-- they think they have, so they stop thinking. But the job is to seek mystery, evoke mystery, plant a garden in which strange plants grow and mysteries bloom. The need for mystery is greater than the need for an answer.-- Ken Kesey

dromepixieveteran
1,463 posts

Posted:
140-180 bpm
sometimes 60-80 bpm

Much love, drome

JUGGLEwithyourmind!

the mind gap.old hand
829 posts

Posted:
music that makes me happy:

bouncing bass by os1 of course

and of course the great ian dury is always good at putting a smile on anyone's face.
and then there's nightmares on wax, half man half biscuit...

all the others that make me feel really happy are not very well known - treatment, curtis vile, punk floyd....

plenty really - must be why i'm always in such a happy, friendly mood and generally a nice bloke

wherever you go, there you are.

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
man, you guys have all got such good taste in music!

I like anything thats not pish, but tingly stuff comes from marley, perry, underworld, and of course DJ Shadow!

one love

N

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
DFQ... you are a woman with fantastic taste my friend... TOOL... *sigh*
I have a need for music.. it runs through my blood.. Im never happier than when a cd is sharing its joy with me.
I love Perfect Circle, they always seem to put me into a thought provoking mood, Faith No More, cause Mikey sings like an angel, Sepultura, and Soulfly. I like quite a few metal bands, some of the oldies but goodies like GnR and Soundgarden,and Alice In Chains..
But my two favourite bands in the entire cosmos are TOOL and The Tea Party.
The Tea always make me feel good...they cheer me up no matter what kinda funk I have worked myself into..I have met the guys from Tea before and had beers with them so Im quite a happy wee chicken... and TOOL... I cant even explain what they make me feel... ALIVE maybe...

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

Shinova:thefiredemonmember
149 posts

Posted:
let me see tingly.......nope never had that feeling.......But i have heard this one song that really gets me happy......."Purple Haze" by "jimi hendrix" the best guitarest this side of the underworld.......and it just gives me a happy feeling......ROCK ON!!!!!

[ 20 August 2002, 13:54: Message edited by: Shinova:thefiredemon ]

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
am indulging in guilty lashings of Kylie - her fever album.....
/starts chooning on about 'love at first sight'....

tool - lateralus (parabol, then parabola, then back again...)

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

FireFly Guymember
49 posts

Posted:
Jurassic 5, Led zepplin, The Rolling Stones, Relaxomatic Project and the list goes on.

Y'all got goooooood tatse in music (except all that 80's metal maybe)

For those of you who dig Quotes: be true, be real, be a cool cat and your fire shall burn bright through all of your experiences in life and in death

adren@linemember
249 posts

Posted:
it doesnt make me go tingly but the best song in the world is B52's

L O V E S H A C K

What does make me go tingly is Adrienne by
The Calling because its about me! and also my Cirque Du Soleil cd, and Macy Gray, and anything but a bit of doof...

adren@linemember
249 posts

Posted:
that was meant to say "anything WITH a bit of doof...

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
Recently, it's been 1 Giant Leap that's been my pick up album, it manages to get me out of any bad mood.
Faithless and Reel Big Fish are also doing the same, just not quite as well at the moment.

I don't tend to find that whole albums put me into the right mood, more often it's individual tracks - that's why I make loads of compilation minidisks and cds, so I always have a whole hour of music to put me in the mood I want to be in.

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Jimmember
24 posts

Posted:
K90 always gets me uplifted and happy. That guy makes wicked music.

Going clubbing without being on any substances now makes me realise what music really has the power to move you.

Got him playing at a mates party in Portsmouth pretty soon. I'll be on stage with the double staff, gonna be wicked!

Its a fish!

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
Good call Bovril Monkey !!! I love 1 giant leap and faithless and SHPONGLE (sich i could find the album in France ) they rock and ake me so happy and turn me into spinning mode in a second !!!

shine on
Cassandra

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

Paddyback from the dead...sort of
884 posts

Posted:
Hey BovrilMonkey, I've got an MD player and do exactly the same thing...sort music by mood...I've got a going-to-sleep disc, a driving disk, a homework disk, a chillout disc...those thing are great.

Morganemember
102 posts

Posted:
uhm if i wanna fly i put on mozarts requiem....but then i'm weird

Morgy

Out to Wrong Rights and Depress the Opressed.

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
The thing I like most about MD players is being able to switch the order of the tracks. I get bored with the track order really quickly so it keeps me from having to make a whole new disk.

Cassandra (or anyone else who likes shpongle for that matter), which album would you recommend?
I've heard that they're good from a lot of people and I've decided it's time I bought some new music.

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

DarkFairyQueenmember
557 posts

Posted:
Not at all. I love a little classical. I'm more partials to Piano peices. Most 'Chopin' (Thats Show-pan) puts me in the most blissfull mood...

xxx

Az abouve, So below...

Paddyback from the dead...sort of
884 posts

Posted:
yeah, I rarely make entirely new disks...just push out the old and replace with the new.

I love shpongle, and I'd say that both albums have their hits and misses in equal proportions. if you're going to be buying it anyway there's no reason to feel guilty about downloading some tunes beforehand, so you can make a wiser selection...

DarkFairyQueenmember
557 posts

Posted:
BovrilMonkey,

I recommend you buy BOTH. They're both THE most fantastical chillout masterpeices I've ever heard.

Az abouve, So below...

the mind gap.old hand
829 posts

Posted:
i'd have to agree with dfq there

shpongle are simon posford and raja ram. for that reason alone it's quite obvious that anything they release is bound to be fanfuckingtastic

and so far it has been

[ 21 August 2002, 05:24: Message edited by: the mind gap ]

wherever you go, there you are.

KaliBRONZE Member
577 posts

Posted:
Hmm....what gets me going depends on what personality is in control.

Portishead, Lords of Acid, and Rhea's Obsession are the first to come to mind.

The Cramps and any kind of cheesy disco always cheer me up.

Beauty is the conscious sum of all our perversions.-Salvador DaliHope without action is hopeless.