Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Manchester Spinners Meet up Info + Stuff

Login/Join to Participate
Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
juggle weavesmiley Manchester Spinner’s Meet up and stuff weavesmiley juggle

Hi all If you are looking for people to spin poi with in the North west this is the place to be.

For any one new to this sight DON’T READ THE WHOLE THREAD it has been going a long time and contains lots of old information and chat about previous meet ups and organisation stuff just go to the last few posts to find out the most up-to-date information on current events.

First a bit of info the Manchester spinners lot is no professional spinning troop or organised events it is just a group of people who get together to enjoy themselves. The first meet up was organised way beck in September 04 https://delizium.fotopic.net/c291964.html

The crowd has changed a bit from back then but we have kept a few old timers we welcome all along to come and join us for a spin whether you be experienced or a complete beginner we are willing to teach and learn from you.

Their is no set time for the meet ups they are usually organised around when people can make it and how long they can stay.

I will try to update this first post as often as I can with the most up-to-date info on meet ups and club nights that allow spinning but if I'm being a bit lax just find the last few posts foe up-to-date info (like I said before weren’t you paying attention)

To date the standard meets have gone as meet up in Piccadilly gardens at 4pm (nice central point where every one can get to) Then move on down to the Gas Works/CastleField or Plat fields Park depending on the wether till everyone gets to cold/tired/burned then on to the pub

( anybody who doesn’t know where this is it can be arranged for someone to come meet you at the train station or wherever you are coming from .) smile

{ ubblove We are a nice bunch like that ubblove}

Accommodation for a night can usually be arranged but you need to sort this well in advance no just turning up expecting somewhere to sleep eek

(more to be added and all to be spell checked soon)

pm me any info you would like to add

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
ok heres my 2cents of suggestions guys

if the weather is still good on sunday we meet at platt feillds -
a) good weather and its a great place for a meet
b) picadilly gardens is horrible to meet at, too many people especially annoying scallys yous job it is to hassle us
c) platt feilds was a great place for the meets last year

anybody who doesnt know the way can be met at oxford rd station

whats your thoughts???

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
d) and theres a nice pub there wink

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
ubblol

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
ooo just had another thought, its been over a year since we last had a manc meet video! lets get up to date and make another wink

Creater of Jenisms(TM)

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Who's got a video Camera? I do but no battery!

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

the_mods_stole_my_nameSILVER Member
travelling without moving
1,286 posts

Posted:
hey, i was just wondering, is it really safe to be spinning fire at a place called 'the gas works'?......just a question biggrin

Heilige Scheiße, Batman kommt!

Reality is just a state of mind which occurs through a lack of lsd

XxX owned by devilsarmy XxX

O.B.E.S.E.

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
I'm not sure why it's called the Gasworks as all it is is a place under a railway bridge with some large parts of factory machinery set as a dsiplay...

SeyeSILVER Member
Geek
1,261 posts

Posted:
the gasworks used to be a gasworks. Now its just a bit of grass and some pipes under the rail arches.

Bubbles - I totally agree. Platt fields is always a better place for a meet biggrin

stakemember
29 posts

Posted:
Steaks dont forget my shirt.

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
Stu, won't forget your shirt either wink

Jen, very good arguments for meeting in Platt Fields, I vote for that (also easier for me to get home from wink )

As for the gasworks, as Seye said, the site used to be a Gas Works and all the machinery under the arches was salvaged from another Gas Works in the Manchester area and put there as a kind of museum exibition.

Owned by the lovely SNOOPoi
Owner of Clarence_Quack

nutellamember
87 posts

Posted:
i wondered the same thing about the gasworks first time i heard about it, but as i was talking to real live fire spinners, i guessed nothing had explosed just yet.

american components, russian components, all made in taiwan!!!

philtreSILVER Member
38 posts

Posted:
Hi Y'all

Has anyone decided where or when yet?

Platt fields is an excellent choice if the weather is good!

Hardy's Well isnt that good but its a boozer nonetheless!

Dave: I still have you practice staff (i've kept them safe and warm) Do you want them back yet or can I keep them hostage and charge you a healthy ransom?

I lost.

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Oh yes plattfields please, its much nicer. According to the news it should be nice this weekend.

My mums got a video camera which I could borrow for the day - But thism odel was juuust shy of a USB port thingie, so Ide have to wait a little while before I could get an IEE data card for the pc. Which I was planning on doing anyway but... If no ones got better I'll bring it.

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Rob, if you want you can keep them to practice with as I bought some supersweet ones from PLAY (I take it you ate the Spaghetti Hoops HotDogs n Smokey Bacon Sauce!)

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
psssttt rob its this sunday wink

and bring laura with ya!

Creater of Jenisms(TM)

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Oh yeah Bubbles, just so you don't say I don't give you enough warning -

Monster Monster is on Sat 29th July

Interview with the Monster

Vampire theme this month... biggrin

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
bounce wicked! if u post a bulletin ill FWd it

Creater of Jenisms(TM)

psyflowerSILVER Member
12 posts

Posted:
hi, i'm new to the manc meet ups and thinking of popping down this sunday, is it in platfields or gas works?
ta,
manda

there's something you dont see everyday....

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
well if everyone agrees then if the weather is good - itll be at platt feilds. if you dont know your way, im sure we can arrange for someone to meet you at somewhere like oxford road station smile

Creater of Jenisms(TM)

JesterJSILVER Member
3 posts

Posted:
Hiya folks, how's ya hangin?

I'm hoping a couple of you could help me with some twirly goodness... It's my laddies birthday on Sat and I'd got a couple of mates to do a wee spinning and magic circusy thingamy as a bit o the entertainment.

They're unfortunately going through some life shennanigans at the mo and can't make it. I wouldn't stress but I've only been involved in his life for a wee while (got a call 6 months ago, 'hi, you're a dad, his name is Jack and he's 7 and a half' biggrin)

Looking for 1 or 2 circusy, spinny, magicky people to put on a wee whirlygig and show some tricks to the kids. It's in Stockport and would be from 3-4 ish this Saturday with about 15 or so 7-11 yr olds (perfect age for twirly corruption)....

Short notice folks, sorry, as I just got the call but heeeeeeeeeelp (please =) I'd do it myself but a: my spinning is only entertaining when I set myself on fire & b: my back's fooked.

The chances on gettin it sorted via posts before sat are slim but if I could impose and ask someone to call me so we can have a ring round to find the bods it'd be magic.

Nice wadge o beer/horticultural money for the performers (and there's a bouncy castle wink)

Cheers folks, I'll go cross my fingers..!

John

Fire, Fire everywhere and not a drop to drink tongue

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
I'm meeting DanB in piccadilly gardens at 3pm on sunday.
Anyone else not sure how to get to Platt fields is more than welcome to meet us there as well, will be meeting outside the Cafe Nero on piccadilly gardens at 3pm and probably hang around for 15-20 minutes then head down to the park
Drop me a PM if you want further help/my number wink

Jester, text on its way to you, i got some new plate and CJ tricks I fancy trying out, and that age is perfect for it smile

Owned by the lovely SNOOPoi
Owner of Clarence_Quack

JesterJSILVER Member
3 posts

Posted:
Ah exquisite, thanks man.

Steaks has sorted it out nicely folks, cheers.

Think I'll be down till Sunday eve or Monday and may have the chance to pop down to Platt fields to say lo

smile

Fire, Fire everywhere and not a drop to drink tongue

x_non_xmember
61 posts

Posted:
hey.. i'm new to this and may be able to make it to this meet on sunday, depends on my parents though >.<

DanBBRONZE Member
8 posts

Posted:
Steaks, I just found out my train won't get in till 10 past (it says 11 past but I'm not gonna split hairs here), so are you OK waiting for me for a bit longer?
I've PMed you to get your number again (I lost it rolleyes), I'll give you a call if I can't find you.

Actually, how will I recognise you??

philtreSILVER Member
38 posts

Posted:
Dave: no I think all the food is still in a bag in my cupboard!

I lost.

LoewanBRONZE Member
and behold!
464 posts

Posted:
I will be driving in from Liverpool. Anyone need a lift from the city centre?

Anyone seem Gazzabee? I haven't seen him for so long, I think I am starting to miss him. frown

Why let your body be a temple? When it can be a theme park?

Wii Console Number: 3294 0297 7824 7498

=Flashpoint=SILVER Member
Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
You'll recognize Steaks from the slightly geeky expression smile

ohmygodlaserbeamspewpewpew!
ubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmile

stakemember
29 posts

Posted:
Ooooh it'll give me a chance to try out my new camera. Well I say new, it is a pentax ME super (1979-1984) it's a sexy beast.

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
i got a txt from gary the other day actually, think if he can he might pop down for an hour or two...

Creater of Jenisms(TM)

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Hurray lets hope so, dont you just hate it when nice hoppers stop hopping it. Fire_Fairy_liquid (lee too some) hasnt been around either

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?