• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 100.00 credit to your HoP account.

Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Manchester Spinners Meet up Info + Stuff

Login/Join to Participate
Mint Sauce
BRONZE Member since Sep 2003

veteran

Total posts: 1453
Posted:juggle weavesmiley Manchester Spinners Meet up and stuff weavesmiley juggle

Hi all If you are looking for people to spin poi with in the North west this is the place to be.

For any one new to this sight DONT READ THE WHOLE THREAD it has been going a long time and contains lots of old information and chat about previous meet ups and organisation stuff just go to the last few posts to find out the most up-to-date information on current events.

First a bit of info the Manchester spinners lot is no professional spinning troop or organised events it is just a group of people who get together to enjoy themselves. The first meet up was organised way beck in September 04 http://delizium.fotopic.net/c291964.html
br>
The crowd has changed a bit from back then but we have kept a few old timers we welcome all along to come and join us for a spin whether you be experienced or a complete beginner we are willing to teach and learn from you.

Their is no set time for the meet ups they are usually organised around when people can make it and how long they can stay.

I will try to update this first post as often as I can with the most up-to-date info on meet ups and club nights that allow spinning but if I'm being a bit lax just find the last few posts foe up-to-date info (like I said before werent you paying attention)

To date the standard meets have gone as meet up in Piccadilly gardens at 4pm (nice central point where every one can get to) Then move on down to the Gas Works/CastleField or Plat fields Park depending on the wether till everyone gets to cold/tired/burned then on to the pub

( anybody who doesnt know where this is it can be arranged for someone to come meet you at the train station or wherever you are coming from .) smile

{ ubblove We are a nice bunch like that ubblove}

Accommodation for a night can usually be arranged but you need to sort this well in advance no just turning up expecting somewhere to sleep eek

(more to be added and all to be spell checked soon)

pm me any info you would like to add

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

Delete Topic

Mint Sauce

veteran

Posted:it was fantastic

whaen do we want the next meet???????????

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

Delete

Bubbles_
SILVER Member since Nov 2004

Bubbles_

Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 3383
Posted:OH MY GOD!

bounce play was absolutley amazing! biggrin cant wait for the pics etc, i wanna go back now, im bored here frown

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

Delete

iggsy :) love life!!!!!!!
BRONZE Member since Mar 2017

iggsy :) love life!!!!!!!

Total posts: 39
Posted:so gutted i couldnt make it to play. just read some of the thread and it sounded amazing. glad you all had fun!!!

Seye did you do a set? howd it go?

Delete

Mint Sauce

veteran

Posted:ok people lets get the ball rolling how about the 9th of july

if its sunny down to the park if its overcast up to the gas works

Delete

jemima (jem)
SILVER Member since Dec 2002

jemima (jem)

Pooh-Bah

Total posts: 1750
Posted:yeah, when is the next meet biggrin

Never assume
Always Acknowledge

Delete

icklepurklegirl

icklepurklegirl

Total posts: 116
Posted:wooohooo!meets are good!!!

I'm sufferring from lack of hippies since I got back from Play...its all a bit too -clean- for my liking.

-spinnin' to the rhythm of the new world order-

Delete

steaks
SILVER Member since Dec 2005

steaks

former manc tour guide

Total posts: 1909
Posted:9th sounds great to me Tobi.

Seye ended up not doing a set, there were that many that wanted to spin, Seye was advised to spin after the renegade show on the sunday night, but that didn't end until nearly 4am and he had to be up for driving on the monday morning.
But overall it was an excellent weekend smile

Owned by the lovely SNOOPoi
Owner of Clarence_Quack

Delete

philtre
SILVER Member since Jul 2005

philtre

Total posts: 38
Posted:EEEEEEAAAARRRRR!!!!!!!!!!

Not been on here for quite some time!

How is everyone?

I lost.

Delete

Bubbles_

Bubbles_

Carpal \'Tunnel

Posted:guys, just found a thread about this festi which looks wicked and even has moonbeams there hehehe

whatcha all think? its not far away at all!

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)

Delete

Bubbles_

Bubbles_

Carpal \'Tunnel

Posted:hehehe beat ya dave wink

guys come to the festi! its near us and looks wicked!

Creater of Jenisms(TM)

Delete

Gremlin_Lou

Gremlin_Lou

Total posts: 131
Posted:Dammit, I can't do the the 9th, as i'm down at Jew Camp for the weekend.Any chance of a different date?

'If your deeds shouldn't be known, perhaps they shouldn't be done, if your words shouldn't be shared, perhaps they shouldn't be spoken. Act with attention, for all your acts have consequences" (Rabbi Judah HaNassi)

Delete

Mint Sauce

veteran

Posted:nah sorry its the only time off i get for ages now as i have to work off the play week i just had sorry

Delete

Seye
SILVER Member since Mar 2005

Seye

Geek

Total posts: 1261
Posted:Nick (Meenik) is in manchester on friday night and said he'd be up for meeting some of the manchester spinners on saturday. Is anyone free for a bit a a platt fields spin?

Details in HERE

Delete

Igirisujin

Igirisujin

Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 2666
Posted:Cant do meeniks, will try for the one after that. The 9th is it? Whats happening with that date, anything or nothing at all?

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

Delete

firelight
BRONZE Member since Nov 2005

Total posts: 67
Posted:
what is next met up date and where were we all met up.

love fire to play with, love the wonderful colours in the fire.

Delete

DanB
BRONZE Member since Jun 2006

Total posts: 8
Posted:Hey, anyone mind if I tag along?
I'm new to this site and poi in general to be honest.
I'm a complete novice, I'm alright though, I'd love to meet some fellow Poiers.
I'm slowly working my way around the site.

So what's the usual drill with these things then?

Delete

Neon_Shaolin
GOLD Member since Jul 2005

Neon_Shaolin

hehe, 'Member' huhuh

Total posts: 6120
Posted:I think the next one is gonna be 9th July - this Sunday in Fact.... usual drill is meet up in Picadilly Gardens OR Gasworks at 3pm then either stay at the Gasworks is it looks a bit pants weatherwise (or if no one can be arsed moving) or move other to Platt Fields about 4ish...

Anyone feel free to contradict me or change the plans as I have no idea what suits everyone but Dan and firelight that is the general gist...

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

Delete

steaks

steaks

former manc tour guide

Posted:It would appear Mint has changed the first post in this thread (very top of Page 1).
Read that for all the details about the next meet, which is next sunday biggrin

Owner of Clarence_Quack

Delete

Igirisujin

Igirisujin

Carpal \'Tunnel

Posted:Sunday the 9th July 3pm onwards - The Gassworks (very close to oxford RD)

Just to clarrifie then, cool. I know I said in the mini manc meets im gonna have a break from a few, but this one im gonna go too I think smile

DanB and firelight feel free to come along, if you need directions give me a private message before the weekend and i'll try and direct you from wherever you will be in manchester that day to where we meet.

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

Delete

andythepoi

andythepoi

addict

Total posts: 508
Posted:dammit dammit dammit DAMMIT! I am one of the bloomin founder members of this meet and NEVER get to go frown

T in the park will not be the same now :o(

It's smashing to be back x

Delete

Bubbles_

Bubbles_

Carpal \'Tunnel

Posted:awwww andy hug! why dont you set a date after this one then? you better be able to mak it though! ubblol

Creater of Jenisms(TM)

Delete

Gremlin_Lou

Gremlin_Lou

Total posts: 131
Posted:I don't think i'll be able to make it - i'm taking my staffs to leicester and we're getting the train back with them about 4pm - but I might not be back home until 10ish. If people are still around, then i'll pop down after I get back, but no promises.

'If your deeds shouldn't be known, perhaps they shouldn't be done, if your words shouldn't be shared, perhaps they shouldn't be spoken. Act with attention, for all your acts have consequences" (Rabbi Judah HaNassi)

Delete

Mint Sauce

veteran

Posted:iv moved yeyyye smile

but i have no internet boooooooooo frown

in well up for the 9th

Dale can you ask if any one elce con come if you get my meaning

god its to hot

Delete

Seye

Seye

Geek

Posted: Written by: Mint Sauce

iv moved yeyyye smile

but i have no internet boooooooooo frown

in well up for the 9th

Dale can you ask if any one elce con come if you get my meaning

god its to hot

So you are just round the corner from me now biggrin

Iggsy is moving about the same distance the other way soon too biggrin

Delete

Bubbles_

Bubbles_

Carpal \'Tunnel

Posted:
umm

i detect a pattern here

Creater of Jenisms(TM)

Delete

steaks

steaks

former manc tour guide

Posted:If anyone doesn't know where the Gasworks are then I am willing to do a meet 'n' greet in piccadilly gardens, just leave a message here or PM me to make arrangements.

Joe, I still have your poi, will bring them on Sunday for you wink

Tobi, I'm one step ahead of you buddy hug

Owner of Clarence_Quack

Delete

Igirisujin

Igirisujin

Carpal \'Tunnel

Posted:hurrray my sock poi.

I might bring my homemade staff too. If I can figure out how to carry it without itl ooking like...well a purple broom handle lol

Delete

house_of_mill
GOLD Member since Jul 2004

house_of_mill

old hand

Total posts: 896
Posted:I would suggest gripping it between the fingers and the palm of you hand, possibly in a bin bag to hide the purpleness?

Tobi text on its way to you!

*Thats one of my favourite Nurseries over there,*

Roman, Trippie Hippie,On the way back from Play Festival

Delete

DanB
BRONZE Member since Jun 2006

Total posts: 8
Posted:This sounds cool, what sort of number's are going to be showing up?
I'm not sure if I can make it, but I will try.
I'm not sure where the Gas Works is, so I'd probably meet at the Gardens.
I'll find out if I can or can't make it as soon as I can, just to prevent anyone waiting for me for ages if I don't go.
Are all meets in Central Manchester,
I guess it is pretty much central.

Delete

Seye

Seye

Geek

Posted:the gassworks is opposite the hacienda apartments on whitworth street. Just down the road from oxford rd station.

danb - We often meet in platt fields park in fallowfield too. Or wherever there's enough people to sort a meet out smile

Delete