Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Manchester Spinners Meet up Info + Stuff

Login/Join to Participate
Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
juggle weavesmiley Manchester Spinner’s Meet up and stuff weavesmiley juggle

Hi all If you are looking for people to spin poi with in the North west this is the place to be.

For any one new to this sight DON’T READ THE WHOLE THREAD it has been going a long time and contains lots of old information and chat about previous meet ups and organisation stuff just go to the last few posts to find out the most up-to-date information on current events.

First a bit of info the Manchester spinners lot is no professional spinning troop or organised events it is just a group of people who get together to enjoy themselves. The first meet up was organised way beck in September 04 https://delizium.fotopic.net/c291964.html

The crowd has changed a bit from back then but we have kept a few old timers we welcome all along to come and join us for a spin whether you be experienced or a complete beginner we are willing to teach and learn from you.

Their is no set time for the meet ups they are usually organised around when people can make it and how long they can stay.

I will try to update this first post as often as I can with the most up-to-date info on meet ups and club nights that allow spinning but if I'm being a bit lax just find the last few posts foe up-to-date info (like I said before weren’t you paying attention)

To date the standard meets have gone as meet up in Piccadilly gardens at 4pm (nice central point where every one can get to) Then move on down to the Gas Works/CastleField or Plat fields Park depending on the wether till everyone gets to cold/tired/burned then on to the pub

( anybody who doesn’t know where this is it can be arranged for someone to come meet you at the train station or wherever you are coming from .) smile

{ ubblove We are a nice bunch like that ubblove}

Accommodation for a night can usually be arranged but you need to sort this well in advance no just turning up expecting somewhere to sleep eek

(more to be added and all to be spell checked soon)

pm me any info you would like to add

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Well Done Tobes!!! clap clap clap

Will your hours be more meet-friendly...?

bounce2 bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

SeyeSILVER Member
Geek
1,261 posts

Posted:
Congratulations Tobi !!!
bounce bounce2 peace hehe sunny

When are you moving a bit closer anyway?

firelightBRONZE Member
67 posts

Posted:

it was a brillant met up on sun, the sun was lovely shining down on us all. sum of us went to missing in manchester too on sun, that was wicked nite, it was lovely to to new poeple and old. i had a great time. hope to c u all at next one.

love fire to play with, love the wonderful colours in the fire.

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
ok now today has just turned into a bad day

oh well at least yesterday was fantastic smile

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Bad day? What's happened? I thought you got the job?

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
nah its ok just got some crap news at home not going to get much more free time so after the 9th i dont think i will be able to make it to many meets any more

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
Aw thats a shame Tobi, hope everything works out for you hug

Owned by the lovely SNOOPoi
Owner of Clarence_Quack

loki.c1687SILVER Member
addict
546 posts

Posted:
i had fun guys thanks oh and he got his phone back the next day!i went to abberdean last night to spin it wasnt very good the whole place is gray and it was very very cold!
see you all next time i hope.....
mike.c

Rules and responsibities:
These are the ties that bind us.
We do what we do,because of who we are.
If we did otherwise,we would not be ourselves.
I will do what i have to do
And i will do what i must..

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
Tobi hope everything is ok, send us a PM if you want to chat or anything mate.

So who out of you manchester lot are coming to play?

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

loki.c1687SILVER Member
addict
546 posts

Posted:
i dont evan know when it is but if i can get a ride with someone and can pay on the door me+suzy will come

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
sorry but i just have to say

biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin

tobi is feeling a bit better

what a load off my mind

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Cool Tobes hug

Will this mean that your threat of 'no more meets' is a moot point?

Good luck with the supplies tonight... See ya tomorrow.

stakemember
29 posts

Posted:
 Written by: steaks

Lost and Found: I aquired a few items after the meet. Still unclaimed is one small black short-sleeved shirt made by George. If the owner could post on here or PM me thanks.
I think Mike also found a Nokia mobile phone. (Stake, possibly yours)

Yup. Both mine. When is the next meet? (So I can pick up my shirt) Also Yeah as Mike said I did get my phone back.

stakemember
29 posts

Posted:
cool
EDITED_BY: stake (1149836626)

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
edit it into some random blerb so it looks like you ment to say stuff

not sure about making it to many meets depends on a few factors and i still have a lot of stuff to work out

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
I have a plee to make to all the manchester people. It goes like this....

Please will someone big and heavy jump on Toby's back and insist on having a piggy back ride. Halfway through said piggy back ride can you tickle him so he fals over backwards and lands on his own elbow so that the said elbow makes a strange grating noise and the owner of said elbow squeels like a stuck pig. Once ontop of the elbow get up in a fashion that puts a little bit more weigh upon said elbow. Be sure and make the elbow very sore. so sore it still hurts to spin poi months later.

Thank you biggrin ubblol

Yes Toby my elbow is still F***ed! I think as a gesture of good will towards my injured elbow you should give me your uni-cycle as I can no longer poi biggrin

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

loki.c1687SILVER Member
addict
546 posts

Posted:
i have some tickets for the frog and buket this friday 9th but can not go because im working anyone want them?just pm or ring me if you wants them...
mike.c

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Skulduggery

Please will someone big and heavy jump on Toby's back and insist on having a piggy back ride. Halfway through said piggy back ride can you tickle him so he fals over backwards and lands on his own elbow so that the said elbow makes a strange grating noise and the owner of said elbow squeels like a stuck pig. Once ontop of the elbow get up in a fashion that puts a little bit more weigh upon said elbow. Be sure and make the elbow very sore. so sore it still hurts to spin poi months later.

Thank you biggrin ubblol

Yes Toby my elbow is still F***ed! I think as a gesture of good will towards my injured elbow you should give me your uni-cycle as I can no longer poi biggrin

**AUTOMATED RESPONSE - PLEASE DO NOT REPLY**

Your request has been sent and will be processed soon. Due to the increased demand for this service we are currently experience a backlog for karmic retribution. Your request will be implemented within 3-5 working days. Once the maiming and grevious bodily harm has been carried out we will contact you for payment. Please have your credit card details ready.

If you would like to find out about our other special offers - Including 'Two for One Kneecap-breaking' click below to visit our website...

https://www.karmicbodilyharm.com

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
Tobi, I hope you get everything sorted hug

Stake, will catch you on msn to sort out about the shirt wink

Skully, that really sucks, hope your better soon hug kiss

and Dave ubblol

Owned by the lovely SNOOPoi
Owner of Clarence_Quack

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Neon_Shaolin

Written by: Skulduggery

Thank you biggrin ubblol

**AUTOMATED RESPONSE - PLEASE DO NOT REPLY**

Your request has been sent and will be processed soon. Due to the increased demand for this service we are currently experience a backlog for karmic retribution. Your request will be implemented within 3-5 working days. Once the maiming and grevious bodily harm has been carried out we will contact you for payment. Please have your credit card details ready.

If you would like to find out about our other special offers - Including 'Two for One Kneecap-breaking' click below to visit our website...

https://www.karmicbodilyharm.com

ubblol
Toby hun, you know I'm just kidding hug I would never get you harmed because although Jem looks like a placid kind hearted lady, I think if I harmed you she would turn into a slavering beastie that would beat me to a pulp and then feed me to some squirrels. ubbrollsmile

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Not if the harming can't be traced back to you Skull... biggrin

hamamelisBRONZE Member
nut.
756 posts

Posted:
By the way, thanks for anyone who did try and give me directions- in the end a friend who went to uni in Manc decided to come with me, and thought she knew where to go so we just spent 2 hours wandering round totally the wrong end of town being lost, so I was extremely grumpy and knackered by the time I got there..
I know where it is now though..

smile

THE MEEK WILL INHERIT THE EARTH!

If that's okay with you?

stakemember
29 posts

Posted:
hey Dave, can you email me those pictures that i took?

_Chris_GOLD Member
93 posts

Posted:
dave, could u email me my photos as well plz smile

Order and pyromancie as one, controlling chaos.
4 8 15 16 23 42

Varmintnewbie
1 post

Posted:
 Written by: triskaidekia

By the way, thanks for anyone who did try and give me directions- in the end a friend who went to uni in Manc decided to come with me, and thought she knew where to go so we just spent 2 hours wandering round totally the wrong end of town being lost, so I was extremely grumpy and knackered by the time I got there..

I know where it is now though..

smile

Or rather, said person went as moral support , and you evidently find it convenient to blame people behind their back ubblol ubbidea
EDITED_BY: Varmint (1149974309)

fire_fairy_liquidBRONZE Member
enthusiast
287 posts

Posted:
SRRY I MISSED IT AGAIN..... this is getting bad im losing touch with my spinning side but with work at 9am on the monday im finding it hard... i think im gunna have a bit of a get together at my new house though and we can trek down to local field and have a spin there if anyone is interested... then whover needs to can crash on my living room floor lol

so i will keep you all updated and let you know when the house BURNING will be lol (little better then a general house warming )

thanks for burning with me

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
hey guys! thought id do a post on here too, ya never know and just in case but:

i may possibly need a housemate or two starting from around the end of july onwards, itll be in the bolton area, and itll be good to live with hoppers me thinks biggrin

more info inc rent can be from 40-60 odd a week depending, just gimme a shout smile

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

firelightBRONZE Member
67 posts

Posted:

just wondering when the next meet up this for next month. we could have barurque, if poeple feel like haveing one.

love fire to play with, love the wonderful colours in the fire.

stakemember
29 posts

Posted:
Sunday 2nd maybe?

devilstarSILVER Member
blue haired pyrovixen monkey girl!
155 posts

Posted:
I would like to cordially invite you all to my [Old link]

ubbrollsmile special running away with the circus dance ubbrollsmile

devil Blue is best, blue is beautiful
If I knew what I was looking for, I would have found it by now, but that would take all the fun out of it. - me
I never wanted to be different. I just wanted to be me - bmeshop.com