Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Manchester Spinners Meet up Info + Stuff

Login/Join to Participate
Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
juggle weavesmiley Manchester Spinner’s Meet up and stuff weavesmiley juggle

Hi all If you are looking for people to spin poi with in the North west this is the place to be.

For any one new to this sight DON’T READ THE WHOLE THREAD it has been going a long time and contains lots of old information and chat about previous meet ups and organisation stuff just go to the last few posts to find out the most up-to-date information on current events.

First a bit of info the Manchester spinners lot is no professional spinning troop or organised events it is just a group of people who get together to enjoy themselves. The first meet up was organised way beck in September 04 https://delizium.fotopic.net/c291964.html

The crowd has changed a bit from back then but we have kept a few old timers we welcome all along to come and join us for a spin whether you be experienced or a complete beginner we are willing to teach and learn from you.

Their is no set time for the meet ups they are usually organised around when people can make it and how long they can stay.

I will try to update this first post as often as I can with the most up-to-date info on meet ups and club nights that allow spinning but if I'm being a bit lax just find the last few posts foe up-to-date info (like I said before weren’t you paying attention)

To date the standard meets have gone as meet up in Piccadilly gardens at 4pm (nice central point where every one can get to) Then move on down to the Gas Works/CastleField or Plat fields Park depending on the wether till everyone gets to cold/tired/burned then on to the pub

( anybody who doesn’t know where this is it can be arranged for someone to come meet you at the train station or wherever you are coming from .) smile

{ ubblove We are a nice bunch like that ubblove}

Accommodation for a night can usually be arranged but you need to sort this well in advance no just turning up expecting somewhere to sleep eek

(more to be added and all to be spell checked soon)

pm me any info you would like to add

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

SeyeSILVER Member
Geek
1,261 posts

Posted:
happy birthday skribble smile

Lets just meet at the gassworks at about 3-4'ish and see what happens.

That show is tonight and saturday night - they might be cleared out by sunday - I dont care really as the gassworks is a cool play anyway biggrin

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
HANG ON DID I MISS SOMTHING WHEWN DID IT CHANGE TO SUN

I DONT THINK I CAN MAKE SUN

and i was seriously looking foward to this

i just want to cry now

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
When the Birthday girl decided :P
hug

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
In fact I know I can’t do sun I have a very important interview on MON morning and have to prepare for it

Sh*t sh*t sh*t sh*t sh*t sh*t sh*t sh*t sh*t sh*t sh*t sh*t sh*t sh*t sh*t sh*t sh*t sh*t sh*t sh*t sh*t sh*t sh*t sh*t sh*t sh*t sh*t sh*t sh*t sh*t

I am so so sorry Terri

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Dammit Toby!

Good luck in the interview

Your presence will be sorely misse... hug hug hug hug hug

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
ditto
Tobi you will be missed. hug hug

Owned by the lovely SNOOPoi
Owner of Clarence_Quack

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
good luck nurse face (ive been waiting to use that!)

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

hamamelisBRONZE Member
nut.
756 posts

Posted:
So... will anyone be round Piccallily Gardens earlier? I know I've been to the Gasworks twice already, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to find it by myself.. redface

If anyone could PM me some directions that would be great if no-one's gonna be there... I can reasonably reliably find Jilly's and Picadilly gardens.. uhh.. but that's about it in Manchester.

THE MEEK WILL INHERIT THE EARTH!

If that's okay with you?

SixthSILVER Member
Devil May Cry
327 posts

Posted:
since i will be bored to death ill wander up to picc gardens....and meet n e one whos lost....provided....im conscious....on the day smile some one post the time again....im a little drowsy to scroll through the posts

I give hope to others but I keep none for myself.

nutellamember
87 posts

Posted:
lol, if u need a wake up call ting, i can do that, im getting up sunday morning and being all active and happy cos i have freedom till september...

american components, russian components, all made in taiwan!!!

=Flashpoint=SILVER Member
Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
Damn you Tobi, I NEED my dry hump partner... biggrin

ohmygodlaserbeamspewpewpew!
ubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmile

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
Tobi £^(*^&^&$*!!!!

Platt fields is Lovely by the way the grass has all just been cut and is great for rolling round on.

*Thats one of my favourite Nurseries over there,*

Roman, Trippie Hippie,On the way back from Play Festival

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
In dog poo smile

I'll meet you if you like triks I used to get lost walking about manchester but Ive learned the way now, and I'll be getting off at victoria since its a direct route to that station. What time you gonna be in picc?

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
Better that rolling round in human poo or disgarded hyperdermic's

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
I'll be in mancehster for about 11am ish so can do my usualy tour-guide business. Will also be having a wander down to Castlefield before hand to see how they are getting on with the clean up after Insect (which was a great show last night)

Owner of Clarence_Quack

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Good point mill I remember once in preston I accidently stepped in tramp poo and it just wouldnt wipe off my trainers, I had to leave them in the park and walk around town in socks and buy a new pair tongue it was a horrrrrible day frown

I wouldnt mind doing plattfields the weathers supposed to be good tomorow anyway it would be alot nicer in the park than in the gassworks on a sunny day, wouldnt ya think?

SixthSILVER Member
Devil May Cry
327 posts

Posted:
gas works.....steaks meet at cafe nero at 2 so we can direct new ppl to the gas works.....erm....so whats the official starting time again?

I give hope to others but I keep none for myself.

Gremlin_Loumember
131 posts

Posted:
As Steaks knows, i'll be getting there about 6 - my boss is being an arse so I have to meet up with Steaks at 11am to give him my equipment (thank you so so much), as i'm not allowed to store them at work.

See you all at six though!

'If your deeds shouldn't be known, perhaps they shouldn't be done, if your words shouldn't be shared, perhaps they shouldn't be spoken. Act with attention, for all your acts have consequences" (Rabbi Judah HaNassi)

skribleBRONZE Member
155 posts

Posted:
ok guys i will be on the gardens about 2 cant wait see you all there!

this apple juice is a bit milky isnt it?!

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
hope you guys are having fun! this i think is the first meet ive missed frown but then again qatar is wonderful biggrin its over 50 degrees today bounce cool tongue

so hows everyone doing?

oh and im curiouse whos going to play? im gonna train it if theres no lifts, it makes sense since its not that far, also who else is? last year was great with was it 12 of us training to fal?

anyways, see you guys in a few weeks! biggrin

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
oh and tobi, good luck! could you bring my triples to play?

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
no problem hon

icklepurklegirlmember
116 posts

Posted:
Hey jen...i'm going to play!are you there for the whole week?(well...5 days!) I'm well excited! Think we've balgged lifts with Si so will hafta meet you there for serious drinking!

-spinnin' to the rhythm of the new world order-

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
Was a great meet yesterday, good to see so many people smile
Glad I didn't try out the power-riders, I'm tired enough today as it is. They looked like fun though smile

Lost and Found: I aquired a few items after the meet. Still unclaimed is one small black short-sleeved shirt made by George. If the owner could post on here or PM me thanks.
I think Mike also found a Nokia mobile phone. (Stake, possibly yours)

Owner of Clarence_Quack

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
Yey I got the JOB

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
Congratulations Tobi hug

Owner of Clarence_Quack

_Chris_GOLD Member
93 posts

Posted:
was another great meet yall! had a great time! the kangeroo feet were awsome!! cant wait for the next one, y not in a fortnyts time??

Order and pyromancie as one, controlling chaos.
4 8 15 16 23 42

Gremlin_Loumember
131 posts

Posted:
I was thinking of doing a mini meet on Wednesday NIght on Piccadilly Gardens, having alight up and a bit of a spin - if we get told to move on. its not the end of the world. Anyone interested?

'If your deeds shouldn't be known, perhaps they shouldn't be done, if your words shouldn't be shared, perhaps they shouldn't be spoken. Act with attention, for all your acts have consequences" (Rabbi Judah HaNassi)

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
ok sun was good but mon was better yey go me wink

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Mint Sauce

Yey I got the JOB

Nice one mate Even with the burocats? Excellent! ubbrollsmile ubbrollsmile ubbrollsmile